Change default location of Money file

Can the default location of the Money data file be changed from My Documents
to somewhere else, such as a USB drive? By changing the default location I
want Money 2003 to open my data file automatically from a USB drive when I
launch the program. Thank you.
0
Paul297 (621)
5/2/2006 5:45:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Money opens the last file it used by default.

You can take advantage of this by copying the file to the USB key,
double-click opening it, and then exiting Money. The next time you start
Money, it will open the file on the key.

> Can the default location of the Money data file be changed from My
Documents
> to somewhere else, such as a USB drive? By changing the default location I
> want Money 2003 to open my data file automatically from a USB drive when I
> launch the program. Thank you.

External data link change

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

Why does the change change to a number?

VBA Help Files #2
Kabel and Dibben - VBA Help files not on my installation CD any further clues as to where I can go on MSFT sites to find and download these files? Will start searching now yet could not find yesterday! TX JHAM Has been a long time since I installed Excel 97 and do not have the CD available. I think I remember that when originally installing the same thing happened to me when I chose the basic install......No VBA help files. Next time around I chose "Custom Install" and the VBA Help files were automatically downloaded and installed from the 'net. If you have the CD try the ...

SP2 Issue on Sharing a Money 2005 File
One of the features I was interesting in with Money 2005 was the ability to share the file with another .NET Passport. I can't make this work. First Microsoft Technical support confirmed that having Windows XP SP2 installed causes a problem - I would just get the rotating arrow and no box to enter the 2nd .NET Passport. I then installed Money on 2 different machines with Windows XP SP1, and tried again, even starting with a brand new Money file and new .NET Passports. I was able to go further, but after inputing the 2nd .NET Passport, then being asked to sign in, I got that s...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Money 2007 and investments
I recently changed to Money 2007 Deluxe. I have some investments at a certain company. There are three different accounts with this company. When trying to set this up, I entered one under the "new investments" tab and used the drop-down list in Money to select the company name. Later, I changed the account's name to "XXX investment at "YYY" company (I intended to do the same with the other two accounts). No problem there. However, when I tried to enter the second account from this same company, I got a dialog box stating that I already had an investme...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

Can Money remember expense categories?
Hi. I'm evaluating Money 2004 and I'm assigning expenses from a downloaded bank statement to various categories. Can Money be told to always assign, for example, Starbucks to "Food - dining out" so I don't have to assign every single Starbucks expense, every month, to this category? I can't seem to find this function and the help function doesn't. Thanks! ...

How to change newsgroup message font

Cannot open file after installing Office 2007 Service Pack 2
I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2. Does anybody know what to do? Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work. Thanks for help Stefan Are you getting an error? You may have to do a registry fix: Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

some replies come from default account
Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent and others come from my default address. For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem. Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from" address. I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from the correct address. I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only. Any ideas what'...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

Different Versions Money 2005
3 months ago I downloaded as free trial the International Version of Money 2005. I liked it and I decided to purchase the full version. A reply to an email query to MS made it clear that it was not possible to download the full version and that I would have problems purchasing the box version (international/english) at a local retailer. I live in France at the moment and decided to purchase Money 2005 in French (only available version here). I assumed that I can use the data file myMoney1.mny from the trial version. When I want to open the file in Money I get an Error Message stating th...

Pasword protected Excel file encrypted, how do I read this file?
I password protected an important file. My husband downloaded the Office 2003 upgrade last night. Now when I try to access the file I get this message...This is an Excel file, I don't know why it looks encrypted or why I can't access it. This file is not in a recognizable format. If you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Office Excel, click Cancel, then open this file in its orginal application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft office Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the...