Category Problems....HELP!

I currently have Money 2006 Small Business.  I started using Money years ago
with earlier versions.

The category list I use has evolved from the previous versions, and there
appear to be many of the "standard" categories I don't use, and want to
delete them (There are no transactions tied to them.)

I've tried deleting these many, many times, but they reappear within a few
minutes.  I tried the "move" function, moving to a similar category that is
being used (e.g moved "Medical-Dental" to "Medical/Dental") but the category
reappears after a few minutes.

I tried the "Remove unused categories" under tools>settings>category
settings.  You guessed it... they reappear after a few minutes!

Anyone know what is going on and/or how to fix the problem? BTW, I've done
the File>Repair many times, and the problem persists.

money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

outlook2003 help
Hi, all: I have a big 2gb file outlook.pst of outlook 2000, I could no longer work with this file in outlook2000. I know the file limit in 2003 is bigger, so I wonder I could use the 2003 open this file and still be ablt to modify it, as for now in 2000, I can read the information but not to modify like tasks. any help will be very much appreciated. thanks. David No you cannot. The file must be open to export to Outlook 2003 so you will have truncate the file first with the repair utility. You will still lose part of the pst file even if you eventually export to Outlook 2003. &quo...

problem with a conditional max problem
-- What formula could you enter in cell E13 so that if a value is entered in cell E12, cell E13 will display the value of f(x) that corresponds to the largest tabulated x which is less than or equal to the value entered. For example, if 3 is entered in cell E12, then E13 should display the value of f(0). Brian If your tabulated x's are in a range named "tabx", one way: =f(LOOKUP(E12,tabx)) where f() is your function. In article <8D7078DA-197C-4F2B-B7D0-129DEDC8EC8D@microsoft.com>, "Brian Cornejo" <BrianCornejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Too Many Recepients Problem
Hi, Is their a way out from Too many recepients problem when I try to send an email to a distribution list of 100 contacts? Abhay "Abhay Sobti" wrote in message news:uG4dT26bIHA.5128@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is their a way out from Too many recepients problem when I try to > send an email to a distribution list of 100 contacts? Send the same e-mail to less than the maximum number of recipients permitted by your e-mail provider's anti-spam quota. Repeat sending your same e-mail to less than maximum recipient count until all recipients have been included. If ...

Problems with MDI
Hello, I am a newbie in programming with MFC. Recently I created a MDI program with MFC and added different types of views (like ListView, TreeView) to this program. However, I was not able to make the various types of windows appear upon startup. Can anyone who knows how to do it shed some light upon it? Also, even though I tried using "SetWindowtext()" in the OnDraw() methods, all the different windows still get named in numerical order even though they are of different types. Did I do it wrong? Thank you very much in advance. Fedrick. ...

Calendar invites with Personal Categories
Hi, I am trying to figure out if it is possible for one to send out calendar invites and have the invitee have the color categories that I set on the meeting/appointment shown on their end. It would be a really helpful feature to have access to. I have tried a registry edit shown in another post on the newsgroup, but that did not seem to work for me. Are there any other possible solutions to make this work? Thanks, agdonald The invitee must have the same category with the same color in his master category list. Those categories are stored in the default calendar, there...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

Colour Problem in Excel 2002
Hi, I'm having a really annoying problem. When I create autoshapes in Excel 2002 (XP), when I scroll down the page, and then back up, the colour is distorted and ruined to look at. It prints fine, but it is very annoying, and bad to look at. It's like the colour just doesn't stay, lines and bits of colour vanish every time this happens. Has anyone had this problem before? I've never seen this. But Excel and other windows programs use the printer driver to know how to display stuff. You may want to try a different printer (or printer driver) to see what happens. Maybe even...

I have a problem using MS Office wirelessly
We should have enough licenses for the macs, but when one group tries to get on it says something to the affect that there are two many Microsoft products open on the network and it won't open anything. Could this be an issue with the apple base station, or am I going to need to buy a few more licenses? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter. DukeTech <tech@dukeschool.org> wrote: > Could this be an issue with the apple base station, or am I going to > need to buy a few more licenses? It lokos like a license issue to me. Regular license allow you to run Office on *e...

Why does money 2005 have multiple categories for the same thing?And why does it keep spliting the food categories apart on me?
Take rent for example they have it in 2 places. On a side not why is food no longer have subcategories. The stupid restore categories breaks the food categories back apart even when explicitly place the subcategories before I do that. Its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it is. I'm not sure what all of the reasons are for this, but trying to eliminate subcategories to support the "Essential" "Less Typing" "Effortless way" seems part of the answer. Why it had to mangle existing data to do this is still a mystery. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q...

2003 out of office assistant problem
Outlook shows out of office assistant active for the particular user but senders don't get the reply...? Works for all other users in the domain. Ideas anyone? Thanks! ...

Outlook Problem?
I file exit from outlook, but it doesn't totally exit. The inbox is still active and accepting mail at my work station. It used to shut down, so then I would get my mail at home. Any ideas. I have MS2000 workstation as the operating system on that computer ...

accounts category
Hi, I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but when I try to use them in frx reports I couldn`t find them ,any help? Hi Bob, First, I presume you are using the FRx report mode that is designed to view quantities. I would rebuild the GL account index in FRx. You can delete any ..g32 files from FRx and the indexes will be rebuilt. Please let us know if this doesn't solve the problem. Kind regards, Leslie "BOB" wrote: > Hi, > I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but > when I ...

Help with automating creation of Pie Chart(s)
I'm trying to find a way to automate the creation of a pie chart from exported Excel files from a help desk ticket type application. This is the typical setup: entry# total$ type ---------------------- 1 20 config 2 10 rfq 3 2 question 4 12 config I have entries with a total (value) and a type. My main need is to be able to run a macro or use some sort of logic statements in order to get a small table from which the pie chart(s) can be built, something like this. Type Total Entries Total$ config 2 ...

Category and Subcategory in the same field ><
In M2004 Register Category and Subcategory can have different field, but in M2005 Category and Subcategory , they in the same field. Where can I comfig it to split Category and subcategory in different fields. thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q161 -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifica...

OWA Password changing problem -- Information goes missing between aex2b.asp and achg.asp
This is occurring on an exchange 2003 server with sp1 or sp2, running on windows 2003 with sp1. Currently the users can not change passwords using OWA. We would like them to be able to. If I go directly to https://xxx.edu/iisadmpwd/aexp2b.asp . . . the change password feature works. If I start OWA and click change password I go to https://xxx.edu/iisadmpwd/aexp2b.asp?https://xxx.edu/exchange/UserName/? fill in the data . . . . click ok. I get Object not found. I added some display statements to the achg.asp file. When going directly to the site (not using exchange) and filling in the...

exchange rpc over http problems
Hi I am having heavy problems connecting to my exchange 2003 server standard edition, I have set up exchange 2003 many times but this time i am having problems, i am able to send and recieve mail over the web fine, and access the exchange server within the LAN, but i cannot connect through RPC over HTTP at all, i keep on getting the authentication box (this is in Internet Explorer when i type https://<SERVERNAME>/rpc/rpcproxy.dll and in Outlook 2003 & 2007), even when i put in administrator account in the pre-windows 200 format(DOMAIN\USER) and win 2000 format(USER@DOMAIN). I hav...

MDI Problem
I've write a MDI program with CRichEditView. I want the program to highlight the current line. I use CDC::PatBlt with parameter PATINVERT to highlight it. My problem is how to make it highlight the first light for a new view(new document). I've try the OnCreate, OnActivate, and OnSize for the view object, but all of them fail. Please help me to solve this problem, thanks. FireFox, Highlighting with PatBlt is probably not a very good idea. If you want to highlight such as in select, you'll probably want to use SetSel on the RTF-control instead. If the coloring is not related to ...

Highlighting tasks with specific Category and grouping by Category
Hi, I am having troubles highlighting tasks that contain a specific Category in Tasks view that groups tasks by Category, for tasks that have multiple categories. HERE IS THE IDEA: I am organizing my tasks by category. Tasks can have multiple categories. I separate them by @Context type tags and Project type tasks, such that my task can have Category="@Work, ProjectX". In the view view window I sort tasks by category. So, tags that have > 1, will appear in multiple categories. Each project will have a number of tasks, but only a few will have @ type of context cate...

Really need help
I need to create a job/sales tracking sheet. 4 employees how do I set it up to track : Job #, Date, Customer, Price, Employee, Reg Hrs., Ot Hrs. I have the basics figured out, but need some help to be able to tune up info to seperate info for individual employees. I have attached a copy of what i have so far Mike ...

CheckDisk problem
I'm trying to defrag a large drive partition, but first ran CheckDisk. When I click on Analyse or Defragment I now get a message <Disk Defragmenter has detected that CheckDisk is scheduled to run on the volume (E:). Please run Chksdk /f>. I attempt that, and get a message <Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process [NB Nothing else is running as far as I can see]. Would you like to reschedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)>. I say Y [I've also tried N]. I restart, and allow Chkdsk to run. But after th...

Help on Unable to get the CurrentPage property of the PivotField class' using VBA
I want to read the selection made in the Page Field of a pivot using VBA. I am using something like following but getting error 'Number 1004 Unable to get the CurrentPage property of the PivotField class' Can you please help me in correcting this. Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Dim pvtTable As PivotTable Dim pvtField As PivotField Dim pvtItem As PivotItem Dim DefaultExists As Boolean Dim DefaultNum As Variant Dim FirstIncludedNum As Variant Set pvtTable = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) For i = 1 To pvtTable.PageFields.Count Set pvtField = p...

Public Folder Migration Problems
We have Exchange 5.5 server with Windows NT Server as Operating System. We want to migrate it to exchange 2003. So for this purpose I had setted one testing Domain Controller and testing Exchange 5.5 with NT Server 4.0 and windows 2003 on a machine. I had upgraded the Exchange 5.5 server to have windows 2000 server as operating system. Active Directory is also configured in Native mode. Exchange 2003 is properly installed on Windows 2003 with all the pre-requisites. Mail Boxes are also transferred successdully. But when I execute pfmigrate to replicate the public folders. The Sie of the pub.ed...

Apply Payables Documents Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C94116.071CE570 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear All, I am facing a problem while applying payables documents of . Let me = explain the whole scenario. 1. I have done a Receiving Transaction Entry in SGD which is not my = Functional Currency . The amount of this transaction is SGD5,000 = equivalent to USD10,000 2. and then I have done a Payables Manual Payment Entry for USD3,000.00 = through Manual Payments 3. When I am applying above payment to...

Standard Deviation help
Ok, I have column with numbers to equal my X axis then I have 4 different columns with the data for the Y axis. I need to find the standard deviation of the 1st two columns and the standard deviation of the 2nd two columns. Then i need to graph it so only two lines show up. and then i need to put on error bars. how would i do this? any help would be much appriciated. -- paddyb270 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paddyb270's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28445 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

Concantenation HELP!
Thanks in advance for any help. Surely I'm not the only one who has ever wanted to do this..... I have three tables like this: Table 1 ID(autonumber) Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Table 2 - many to many join [Table 1 ID] [Table 3 ID] Table 3 ID(autonumber) Field 1 Field 2 I would like to create a query/other SQL statement which will produce fields from Table 1 and then a filed which shows a comma separated series of the related Field1 in Table 3. So I think it would be like... (Table1.Field1) (Table1.Field2) (Table3.Field1, Field1, Field 1) I'm new to coding and have searched...