category list

Is there any way to print out a list of categories?  I've just set up a new
list and it would be handy to have one to consult until I get used to the
new categories.

0
whoozit (13)
4/20/2007 7:32:39 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Windwatcher wrote:

>Is there any way to print out a list of categories?  I've just set up a new
>list and it would be handy to have one to consult until I get used to the
>new categories.

Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Categories

File->Print

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Retrieving deleted distribution list
In trying to remove an address from my distribution list of 400 names, I accidently clicked on delete instead of remove and lost the list. How is it possible to retieve this list? Help please. I hope someone can save my skin (and possibly my job!) Dianne Retrieve it from your Deleted Items Folder. -- Russ Valentine "Dianne Groom" <delemau@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:eTHzDM8bKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > In trying to remove an address from my distribution list of 400 names, I > accidently clicked on delete instead of remove and lost the l...

Relationship between Discount List and Quote entities
Hi, I want to add discount list when i create an quote to my opportunity. But CRM does not let me to create a new relationship between discount list and quote entitites. However, i would like to select an appropriate discount list for each product or opportunity(at least) . Could please someone refer how to create a relationship between discount list and quote entities? Thanks, Ugur ...

Calendar invites with Personal Categories
Hi, I am trying to figure out if it is possible for one to send out calendar invites and have the invitee have the color categories that I set on the meeting/appointment shown on their end. It would be a really helpful feature to have access to. I have tried a registry edit shown in another post on the newsgroup, but that did not seem to work for me. Are there any other possible solutions to make this work? Thanks, agdonald The invitee must have the same category with the same color in his master category list. Those categories are stored in the default calendar, there...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

Why does money 2005 have multiple categories for the same thing?And why does it keep spliting the food categories apart on me?
Take rent for example they have it in 2 places. On a side not why is food no longer have subcategories. The stupid restore categories breaks the food categories back apart even when explicitly place the subcategories before I do that. Its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it is. I'm not sure what all of the reasons are for this, but trying to eliminate subcategories to support the "Essential" "Less Typing" "Effortless way" seems part of the answer. Why it had to mangle existing data to do this is still a mystery. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q...

accounts category
Hi, I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but when I try to use them in frx reports I couldn`t find them ,any help? Hi Bob, First, I presume you are using the FRx report mode that is designed to view quantities. I would rebuild the GL account index in FRx. You can delete any ..g32 files from FRx and the indexes will be rebuilt. Please let us know if this doesn't solve the problem. Kind regards, Leslie "BOB" wrote: > Hi, > I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but > when I ...

from lists to databases
Hi, it is easy to mailmerge database items from an excel document into a, say, data labels in a word document. Is there an easy way, other than pasting and transposing, to do it in the opposite way? That is : to create long lists of line items (e.g. 1st line = name; next line = address; next line = place) to be transferred to a standard excel database (columns as fields : 1st column = name; 2nd column = address; third column = place)? Thanks. Jean. Jean No easy way to do it manually but it could be done fairly simply with VBA. It depends if there are always say 5 lines to an entry or wheth...

Importing Product Lists
We have product lists in MS Excel spreadsheets that have to be imported into MS CRM. We will need to be changing the prices monthly. How best to achieve this? you either need to by a tool like scribe migrate or build one yourself. you could also look at the data migration framework. If you need ongoing data synchs scribe and biztalk would be some good options "KS" <KS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C553357-7611-4AEC-9C7C-828A32888801@microsoft.com... > We have product lists in MS Excel spreadsheets that have to be imported > into > MS CRM. W...

Generate list
I have a spreasheet with over 25000 records, in one of the columns I have the salesperson's name. There are over 60 different names in that column. Is there a way (apart from creating a pivot table) that excel can generate a list of the names contained in that column? Basically what I'm asking is if it's possible to convert the "autofilter" content into a list... Hi R4ym0nd Use Advanced filter http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "R4ym0nd" <R4ym0nd@discussions.microsoft....

Category and Subcategory in the same field ><
In M2004 Register Category and Subcategory can have different field, but in M2005 Category and Subcategory , they in the same field. Where can I comfig it to split Category and subcategory in different fields. thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q161 -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifica...

Highlighting tasks with specific Category and grouping by Category
Hi, I am having troubles highlighting tasks that contain a specific Category in Tasks view that groups tasks by Category, for tasks that have multiple categories. HERE IS THE IDEA: I am organizing my tasks by category. Tasks can have multiple categories. I separate them by @Context type tags and Project type tasks, such that my task can have Category="@Work, ProjectX". In the view view window I sort tasks by category. So, tags that have > 1, will appear in multiple categories. Each project will have a number of tasks, but only a few will have @ type of context cate...

Refresh a Validation List?
I have a spreadsheet that has 2 Validation lists. The first list is to select an item for a group (example: animal, vegetable or mineral). The second list is dependant on the first list and displays options available for the selected group (example: animal is selected in list 1; cat, monkey, horse, etc. is available in list 2). I have this part of the spreadsheet working, put when I change the selected item in list 1, list 2 still displays the last item selected prior to selecting a new item in Validation list 1. Is there a way to refresh list 2 (or unselect the previously selected...

Size of the drowpdow list of a combo box
Below is my attempt at creating a combo box. The item is correctly displayed, but the dropdown list has a size of zero. How can I change this so I can see the options? Thanks for your help. Miguel HWND hWnd = GetSafeHwnd(); CWnd *dialog = CWnd::FromHandle(hWnd); RECT ctlRect; ctlRect.left = 130; ctlRect.top = 50; ctlRect.right = 220; ctlRect.bottom = 80; outputVolumeCB = new CComboBox(); ret = outputVolumeCB->Create(WS_VSCROLL|CBS_DROPDOWN|CBS_DISABLENOSCROLL|CBS_HASST RINGS,ctlRect,dialog,102); outputVolumeCB->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); outputVolumeCB->AddString(&qu...

dropdown list question
I am using an in-cell dropdown list that is populated from a vba string. I have encountered a 255 character limit for the list of lookup items. Is there any way around this other than using spreadsheet cells to store the list values? Thanks, Keith The data validation list can come from a delimited list or a worksheet range. You could store the list on a hidden sheet, if you don't want users to accidentally change it. keithb wrote: > I am using an in-cell dropdown list that is populated from a vba string. I > have encountered a 255 character limit for the list of lookup i...

2005 printing the Tax Category Manager report
I desperatly need to print a report that shows line by line the category to tax form associations. Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... Yet I can't find any way of doing this. Using money 2005 SB. Thanks, Cameron In microsoft.public.money, Cameron wrote: >I desperatly need to print a report that >shows line by line the category to tax form associations. >Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... >Yet I can't find any way of doing this. >Using money 2005 SB. If you would like to print an image of the page, you can position things as you wa...

Categories and Sub-Categories
In Money 2004, when inputing a transaction, I was able to tab/view thourgh a category and sub-category box with ease. I was able to set it up via tools, now in 2005, I can not. Does anyone know how to change the view in the account registor so I can view both Category and sub category when inputing transaction so I don't have to deal with the drop down menu? For better clarity, it inputting Payto, Category, split, Job expenses and meno. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC474924-4407-4FAE-BCD8-...

Large list of numbers to concatenate
I have a list of 600+ zip codes that are curently in individual cells. I need to turn them into one list separated by commas. Is this possible? The best solution I can think of is =concatenate(A1, ", ",B1) However, is there a way to automate this instead of individually typing this in for all 600+ cells? Thanks! Based on your zips in a row Sub makestring() mr = 1 lc = Cells(mr, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column For i = 1 To lc mys = mys & "," & Cells(mr, i) Next i MsgBox Right(mys, Len(mys) - 1) End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP ...

Loan payment category issue
Hi there, In Money2006 (UK), the mortgage loan payment has been categorised as a payslip (with the principle and interest listed under wages - deductables fields are blank). The total amount paid to the loan is listed correctly in the total and the payment is correctly linked to the mortgage account. However, the bill payment seems to be reverse - under the bill payment, it is recorded as a negative deposit into the linked current account. If I try and edit the bill series so the category is assigned as a loan payment, M2006 asks if I really want to change this to a loan payment and ...

Exchange 2003 and boycott list
hi, I have exchange 2003 (not as a backoffice) installed. I am looking for information on how to configure exchange to use the well established distributed server boycott lists. Could anyone who have done it before provide us with some good instructions on how to enable thing. your quick response is highly appreciated. regards, kigunda. Check on www.smallbizserver.net , there is an article named "block spam in exchange 2003". This will help you. Chuck "Kigunda Mbogo" <tkigunda@avu.org> wrote in message news:egmwHVDKEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hi, >...

Adding fields to the Global Address List
We currently have Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP2. I am trying to configure a global address list that will be able to sync with the smartphone 2003 OS. These are nextel i920/930 devices, so for my radio (PTT) to work i would need to have the "Radio" field populated in the gal contacts, however there is no field inside AD to populate that will make this happen. If i manually make a contact through outlook in my contacts folder i can fill out the radio field and sync successfully with the phone. I need to be able to add a field that when copied from the GAL to my contacts fo...

Value list updates not appearing in form
I have a table with several fields who's display control is combo-box, source is value list, and multiple values are allowed. In one of the fields, when I add a new option to the value list, it automatically appears in the drop-down list in the form. Not so for the other field! When I go back and add more values to the list, they do not appear in the combo box drop-down list in the form. I've been working around it by manually adding the new options to the value list in the form's properties. Why does it work for one field and not the other? I can't see anywhere whe...

Contact list #17
We are using Outlook 2002. In the Contact list, is there a way to show what is associated with a given name in the list instead of just multiple identical names in the list? Such as; John Doe - Business John Doe - Business Fax John Doe - Email 1 Any help will be appreciated..... -- Thanx, Hanksor Oregon City, Or Hanksor <nospam@stonergroup.com> wrote: > We are using Outlook 2002. In the Contact list, is there a way to > show what is associated with a given name in the list instead of just > multiple identical names in the list? What does "contact list" ...

Department, Category and Sub Category?
Hi I am just wondering if there is a way round to having sub category in RMS. Example : Department > CPU Category> Intel Sub Category> L775a Chipset At the moment I am using Sub Description 1 etc ..but its not very helpful when searching for the product as the Item Lookup screen doesn not show the department nor the category nor sub description 1 column to search for products! Please if any one has a way round it please do let me know regards Shiri Jnr Dushayant Dhar wrote: > Hi I am just wondering if there is a way round to having sub category in RMS. RMS not have Sub...

Reports By Category Groups rather than Category
I have many categories such as "Gas" that are under category "groups" such as "Automobile". I want to view expenses by these groups rather than the too granular categories. Know how I can do this? Do I have to instead create sub categories under the main Automobile category? thanks In microsoft.public.money, ryan wrote: >I have many categories such as "Gas" that are under category "groups" such as >"Automobile". Call those higher level things Categories, and the subset things "subcategories". >I want to v...

Prog-created categories don't appear in the Master Category List... but can't be added because they exist.
Hello, We're migrating from another mail system to Exchange and a lot of our users have distribution lists in their personal address books. Our own migration utility is migrating the distribution lists using categories. It works fine; for each group it creates the individual contacts and a category, then assigns the contacts to the category. However there's one problem: the new category doesn't appear in the Master Category List. And when we try to create it manually, Outlook says that we can't because it already exists. Anyone know of a solution or workaround please? We...