Category Group

How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined
category groups?
0
anonymous (74722)
1/30/2004 8:20:48 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote:

>How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined
>category groups?

See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information.
Plus it was not desirable to post twice.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/30/2004 8:36:29 PM
"Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined
> category groups?

I asked a question about Category Groups not too long ago.  Here was Dick
Watson's reply:

> Nobody's quite sure what the cryptic category groups are used for. See
> http://www.bollar.org/msmoney for a FAQ answer on the subject.

I had read the following from the online help:  "Category groups
allow you to sort your income and expenses to make it easy to track trends
in spending, locate specific transactions, and file your taxes each year."
From what I see, you can't edit them and they make no sense to me.

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

Calendar invites with Personal Categories
Hi, I am trying to figure out if it is possible for one to send out calendar invites and have the invitee have the color categories that I set on the meeting/appointment shown on their end. It would be a really helpful feature to have access to. I have tried a registry edit shown in another post on the newsgroup, but that did not seem to work for me. Are there any other possible solutions to make this work? Thanks, agdonald The invitee must have the same category with the same color in his master category list. Those categories are stored in the default calendar, there...

Distribution Groups in alternate Global Addresslists
we are running E2k3SP1 Enterprise on W2k3, we have configured multiple global address lists (for each company a GAL),based on the companyname but the disadvantage of this construction we cannot see any distribution list ... Is there a way to solve this problem that a user can see only the distribution lists / users / contacts he is authorised to see . thanx Hi You just need to modify the permissions on the Global address lists so that users only have permissions to see their own GAL. Here is the MS KB article on the subject: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;82...

Users cannot access their mailbox after moving them to a second Storage group
Odd behaviour in Exchange 2003 Created a second Storage Group and moved several Mailboxes from users into this new storage group using the System Manager task: Move Mailbox - pretty straight forward. The mailboxes moved OK, the user acounts in Active directory show the new mailbox locations, yet the users cannot connect to the mailbox: Outlook 2003 just pops up with "The folders could not be opened", OWA gives me a simple 500 Error. Administrators also can no longer connect to the moved mailboxes. Users whose mailboxes have not been moved work as before. The server has been restarted...

New on this Group!
Hello everyone!! I have Windows XP Home & Outlook Express. Could anyone Please tell me how to Configure Outlook Exp. to download only 2,000 or a max of 5,000 headers from a news group ? At the present is set for 1,000 , but it will not stop till it downloads all 20,000 or whatever there is available on the server. Thanks for Your Help!! x@y. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post t...

Why does money 2005 have multiple categories for the same thing?And why does it keep spliting the food categories apart on me?
Take rent for example they have it in 2 places. On a side not why is food no longer have subcategories. The stupid restore categories breaks the food categories back apart even when explicitly place the subcategories before I do that. Its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it is. I'm not sure what all of the reasons are for this, but trying to eliminate subcategories to support the "Essential" "Less Typing" "Effortless way" seems part of the answer. Why it had to mangle existing data to do this is still a mystery. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q...

hide label\combo box depending on option group selection
I have an option group with 2 radio buttons for running reports. I have a label and combobox that I want to toggle the visibility based upon which radio button is selected. I can't figure out the best way to do it. Any suggestions? TIA Matt Matt First, consider your users. Folks tend to get nervous when things disappear/re-appear. Another approach might be to enable/disable controls, depending on what else is being done. So, radio buttons are part of a group. You can add code behind that group control that checks for which radio button (i.e., option) was s...

Trying to Group Data
I am trying to group data. I have a daily record that contains multiple projects and multiple items in the project. I would like to roll the daily data into project 1 and all the items that go with it and then project 2 and all the items that go with it. I have a start but am unsure of where to go. I am attaching the files that I have. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave ==================== <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="StatusReportProject.xsl" ?> <TimeSheet> <Daily...

Can not define group of send/receiving
When I select Tools->Options->Mail Setup->Send/Receive (button), no action from the outlook 2003. I am sure there are valid emails accounts in the outlook. What goes wrong? Sounds to me like you have a damaged srs file (Send/Receive group). Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284312&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paul Wong" <wyeechen@tm.net.my> wrote in message news:eJRMPLeNEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I select Tools->Options->Mail Setup->Send/Receive (button), no action > from the outloo...

accounts category
Hi, I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but when I try to use them in frx reports I couldn`t find them ,any help? Hi Bob, First, I presume you are using the FRx report mode that is designed to view quantities. I would rebuild the GL account index in FRx. You can delete any ..g32 files from FRx and the indexes will be rebuilt. Please let us know if this doesn't solve the problem. Kind regards, Leslie "BOB" wrote: > Hi, > I create some new accounts category and link them to range of accounts ,but > when I ...

Grouping and Objects
Hi, I inherited a spreadsheet. When I group certain rows, I get the message, "Cannot shift objects off sheet." As far as I can tell, there are no objects in the rows. I can group other rows in the same sheet without difficulty, but some rows I can't. Is there a way for me to see what Excel is complaining about? I am using XL 2003. Thank you. Best regards, Kevin maybe this'll help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 "Kevin H. Stecyk" wrote: > > Hi,...

Category and Subcategory in the same field ><
In M2004 Register Category and Subcategory can have different field, but in M2005 Category and Subcategory , they in the same field. Where can I comfig it to split Category and subcategory in different fields. thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q161 -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifica...

using Query Based distribution groups between domains
I am trying to use query based DG's for passing world wide notificatons across domains. I have a global QBDG containing QBDG from our 3 child domains. When I am sendin an email to this DG the email only reach the recipients in the domain where the global dg is placed, none of the the recipients in the other child domains gets the email. When I do a preview on the global DG the child domain qbdg is visible so it looks as if it would work. Any ideas appreciated. Sounds like an issue with the expansion server. Have you considered setting the expansion server to try and work through t...

Highlighting tasks with specific Category and grouping by Category
Hi, I am having troubles highlighting tasks that contain a specific Category in Tasks view that groups tasks by Category, for tasks that have multiple categories. HERE IS THE IDEA: I am organizing my tasks by category. Tasks can have multiple categories. I separate them by @Context type tags and Project type tasks, such that my task can have Category="@Work, ProjectX". In the view view window I sort tasks by category. So, tags that have > 1, will appear in multiple categories. Each project will have a number of tasks, but only a few will have @ type of context cate...

Taskbar group close
On the taskbar when I have a stacked group of files with Word, Outlook, IE6, etc., I can right click and select "Close Group" to close all files. In Excel, Close Group, as well as all the other options (Cascade, Tile Horizontally, Tile Vertically, and Minimize Group) are greyed out. No can do in Excel. What did I do / not do that has disabled the ability to close Excel groups of files on the Taskbar? ...

Categories and Sub-Categories
In Money 2004, when inputing a transaction, I was able to tab/view thourgh a category and sub-category box with ease. I was able to set it up via tools, now in 2005, I can not. Does anyone know how to change the view in the account registor so I can view both Category and sub category when inputing transaction so I don't have to deal with the drop down menu? For better clarity, it inputting Payto, Category, split, Job expenses and meno. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC474924-4407-4FAE-BCD8-...

Grouping in a Report
The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. The visible property is set to 'yes'. -- Rugiem Is the section displaying? Are there values in the text box? Are you sure this is a group footer and not the page footer? What happens if you change the background color of the section to yellow? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rugiem" wrote: > The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. > The visible property is set to 'yes'. > -- > Rugiem ...

2005 printing the Tax Category Manager report
I desperatly need to print a report that shows line by line the category to tax form associations. Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... Yet I can't find any way of doing this. Using money 2005 SB. Thanks, Cameron In microsoft.public.money, Cameron wrote: >I desperatly need to print a report that >shows line by line the category to tax form associations. >Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... >Yet I can't find any way of doing this. >Using money 2005 SB. If you would like to print an image of the page, you can position things as you wa...

Macro to print individual pages in a group
My request is due a printer problem, happens that I have to print a report of 52 pages, every time I print them as a group I only got a few pages OK the rest is garbage, I have reinstalled the system and same thing. What I wanted to do was to set up a macro (after I choose all the pages as a group) to print page 1 pf 52, then page 2 of 52, and so on, I can set 32 lines in the macro for this, but I am just wondering if any of you have a shorter way to do this. Thanks Fernando Fernando G, wrote: > My request is due a printer problem, happens that I have to print a > report of 52 page...

Simple Group By, well it should be
HI, Hope someone can help, I am doing some analysis on the sysjobs and sysjobhistory tables in SQL Server 2005 and for perhaps its getting late but what I want to do is summarise the jobs as in the jobhistory table it lists all the steps for any particular job. For example I have something like this, column names are not as seen in the tables though due to wanting to change them for something else. Below is an example of the table with rows currently in it Originating Server Name Description Step Status Server 1 ...

Loan payment category issue
Hi there, In Money2006 (UK), the mortgage loan payment has been categorised as a payslip (with the principle and interest listed under wages - deductables fields are blank). The total amount paid to the loan is listed correctly in the total and the payment is correctly linked to the mortgage account. However, the bill payment seems to be reverse - under the bill payment, it is recorded as a negative deposit into the linked current account. If I try and edit the bill series so the category is assigned as a loan payment, M2006 asks if I really want to change this to a loan payment and ...

Department, Category and Sub Category?
Hi I am just wondering if there is a way round to having sub category in RMS. Example : Department > CPU Category> Intel Sub Category> L775a Chipset At the moment I am using Sub Description 1 etc ..but its not very helpful when searching for the product as the Item Lookup screen doesn not show the department nor the category nor sub description 1 column to search for products! Please if any one has a way round it please do let me know regards Shiri Jnr Dushayant Dhar wrote: > Hi I am just wondering if there is a way round to having sub category in RMS. RMS not have Sub...

Group by & Sum
Good afternoon, I’m trying to sum and group data in a query. Right now my query looks like this (example below) multiple PERL entries Account JobType Volume Count Average Page Total Postage PERL Bill 12345 1.69 134.55 22845 193 325 PERL Bill 78963 96.1 554.31 54822 391 523 PERL Letters 67890 4.54 98.25 26475 257 446 PERL Fin State 123435 7.39 61.95 30105 321 567 PERL PostC 178980 10.24 25.65 33735 385 688 PERL NCO 234525 13.09 10.65 37365 449 809 PERL CAN 290070 15.94 46.95 40995 513 930 PERL Mec 345615 18.79 83.25 44625 577 1051 PERL Fld Ply 401160 21.64 119.55 48255 641 1172 PER...

How to group mail...
Hi, I am trying to to do the following with Outlook 2003 and a POP3 account... Under 'Advanced E-mail options' you have the option 'In folders other than the Inbox, save replies with original message'... With this option selected I want to have my replies send to an e-mail being grouped... Like... +Mail from: mail@domain1.com Subject: Test 1 My reply: mymail@mydomain.com Re: Test 1 His reply +Mail from: mail@domain1.com Subject: Test 2 My reply: mymail@mydomain.com Re: Test2 His reply ... Is this possible with Outlook 2003?? If yes, will it also work for mails i...

Reports By Category Groups rather than Category
I have many categories such as "Gas" that are under category "groups" such as "Automobile". I want to view expenses by these groups rather than the too granular categories. Know how I can do this? Do I have to instead create sub categories under the main Automobile category? thanks In microsoft.public.money, ryan wrote: >I have many categories such as "Gas" that are under category "groups" such as >"Automobile". Call those higher level things Categories, and the subset things "subcategories". >I want to v...