cash flow question #3

I don't really rely on the Cash Flow forecast to see how much money I might
or might not have. Instead, I use reports and watch my budget closely.

However, on the home page of Money, one of my cash flow alerts says
"Checking Account forecast shows that you may be overdrawn on 4/1/2007"

Not only is this not impossible (most of my spending comes out of another
account), but when I go to the Cash Flow page, and actually look at the
"Forecast your cash flow" report for "Checking Account", it shows I have over
$4000 on 4/1/2007.

Does anyone know where the discrepancy is, or how i can figure it out?

Thanks.
0
CK (58)
3/4/2007 1:41:05 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Newbie question
Sorry guys but I've tried searching and this question must be so dumb it isn't even worthy of a prior post. Anyway, I'm fiddling with data (question to be asked later) and somehow my displayed column headings are now numbers. Before they were letters. So when I click on a cell (e.g. first cell is now listed as R1C1) but I want it listed as A1. What did I do to make it this way. Even opening up a new spreadsheet displays the same column number. I'm asking because I know future formulas will be more difficult and most folks have it listed as column letters. ...

paycheck #3
i have a paycheck in advanced reports setup as (2005 standard) wages : gross pay deductions before tax: 401k, child care taxes: soc sec, fed, state, medicare deductions after tax: n/a where do i put the net pay which is divided up into three different deposits A) kids college fund B) joint checking C) personal checking Thanks! -Jeff There is no One Right Way. Here I will assume that the paycheck is direct deposited in three accounts that are each represented by Money accounts. Enter the paycheck transaction in the personal checking register. On the After Tax tab, add two items like: Tra...

Print and Print preview question
If i create a SDI application that support print and print preview. the frame automaticlly create menu "print" and "print preview". when i select "print preview", which functions will be invoked? Is the function in class CView or other classes? If i haven't select "support print" when i create the project, how can i add these features manually? See inline > If i create a SDI application that support print and > print preview. the frame automaticlly create menu "print" > and "print preview". > when i select "...

Cash flow problem 2005
I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to create at least one checking, savings or cash account before you go to cash flow forecast. I already have two checking acounts. Any thoughts... Try searching the group "microsoft.public.money" at http://groups.google.com This has come up before. I can't recall the solution(s) or excuse(s). "maj" <maj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DF88AB4-6168-4B26-A651-78A60F7BD906@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to > c...

Too much cash warning
I have a customer that wants to be warned that the drawer has reached X amount of dollars and a cash drop is needed before they can proceed with sales. Example: Max Cash Limit: $1000 Opening Amount: $200 When sales reach $800 a mandatory cash drop is necessary before they can continue. Is this possible to do without an add-on? Is there a work around or at least a notification of some sort? We have "Drop Notification" as part of the RR Store Utility. If you wish to try this or know more about it please contact me. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm =...

3 company area
Hi, in my company I've 3 differents area: production, external division, research division.... I would like to manage the differents activities that a users can to do for each area..... the best solution could be to have 3 diffents CRM .... but How can I manage this situation?? Thanks Hi, I dont think haveing three different CRMs is a good option. There are Business Units in CRM. Explore them. You can categories activites with the help of some custom attribute. Rights can restrict the usage of different parts for different users. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post...

Access 2007 and MDE file Question
I have a Access 2003 MDE file that links to an Access 2003 MDB file. I understood that Access 2007 is not able to work with an MDE file. This is according to Microsoft KB article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178973.aspx However, unbenknownst to me, one of my customers somehow installed Access 2007 on a machine and ran the MDE file with it. I saw it with my own eyes! The application had been working fine for years, but now all the sudden they claim it is "losing" data. First, how come it can even run the MDE file? Second, could the Fact that i...

cash sales off on a register
this is weird, but the cash sales are off on one of our register z reports. that is, the number on the Cash line on the Z-report is a few hundred dollars less at the end of the day than the number in either a daily sales or tender summary report. I know that it is register #1 cash sales because our other 2 registers' cash and credit sales, and credit on register #1 match exactly with what is reported in manager. Only the cash line on the Z-report of one register is off. Does anybody know what is going on? thanks, kamal I sounds like you may have had some sales done after the Z-report w...

Access2000 to Outlook2000 Coding question
Hi Everybody I am using the following code to produce a mail item with an Access2000 report attached. Is there any way to specify 1. Wrap at 132 2. Make a larger Email than the usual minimum size thing that pops up. 3. Plain Text only Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "rptInvoice" DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName, acFormatRTF, _ Forms![frmCustomerWriteInvoice]![txtCustomerPrimaryEmail], _ Forms![frmCustomerWriteInvoice]![txtCC], _ Forms![frmCustomerWriteInvoice]![txtBCC], _ Forms![frmCustomerWriteInvoice]![txtSubject], _ Forms![frmCustom...

Loan cash to a friend with interest
Hi, is there an account to register some cash I lend to friend, but he is making payments only for the interest not for the principal? He will pay the principal someday, but right now he is paying me interest. Becuase with money I can only track loan with interest but for credits I received, not for credits I am giving. Thanks You don't say what version/edition/mode of Money you are using. Money (except Essentials (MEss)) can create a Loan Account when you are lending money--it's the first or second question the account setup genie asks. But in this case that's still probabl...

SQL Server 2000+2008 on Win2008x64 question
Hi, I have SQL Server 2000 on my Win2008x64 server, the db file is on the D drive, while the program file is on C drive. Today I installed the SQL Server 2008 on the same machine. After the installation, the SQL Server Service Manager is still the same as just only SQL Server 2000 installed, I'm thinking isn't there some newer version of the SQL Server Service Manager for the SQL Server 2008? And in the SQL Server Management Studio, I can only find those db in the SQL Server 2000 db folder, I can't find those SQL Server 2008 system database like Master and Model. H...

Question: MFC Multithreading Vs. COM+ Performance?
I have written a Visual C++ (MFC) application that responds to an Active X event that reads data from a serial port. This data is received from an RF base station through the port which connects to multiple RF units. When the event is fired I process the data and return a reponse back through the port to the base station and to an RF unit. Each event is processed in sequence before the next event. Some events require more processing time than others (such as database lookups). Since there may be data ready on the port while a current event is being processed, I tried a multithreading approach...

Questions about Inventory in Money Business
Awhile back when I first started actually using Money for business transactions I started playing with Inventory. I added a couple of products into Money under the Products & Services section. I was having some problems, although I don't remember exactly what, and I have a separate system that truly runs my inventory anyway so I gave up on it. Now I've got the idea that i'd like to go ahead and play with this again. The problem at the moment is I still have these 2 products that were created a long time ago that I can't get rid of now so I can just start over wit...

A question about Named Pipe?
hi,all I have a question about named pipe. How does the pipe server know the client closed the connection? We can refer the example for CreateNamedPipe() function in MSDN. In block mode, once ConnectNamedPipe() returns, it means the client called CreateFile(), and after finish reading and writing, client call CloseHandle(), at this point, how does the pipe server know the pipe has been closed? And if client did not call CloseHandle(), but not write anything to the pipe, what will be returned in the server side ReadFile()? Becuase in mostly examples, the server pipe will ReadFile(), and th...

Criteria for Query Question
How do I write criteria for the following? I have to identify ids (combination of text and numbers) that have 8 characters. However the 8th character can change if the id is dependent on main id. For instance, FRC5TTZA, FRC5TTZB, same 7 characters but different last character. There are instances where the 7 character will change for instance ABCDEF10 and ABCDEF20. ABCDEF20 is dependent on ABCDEF10. Can someone please help me how to pull all main ids and their dependents? Thank you in advance of any help you can provide. On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:24:01 -0800, TotallyConfused <T...

MVC question 08-09-10
I have a page have 2 dropdown list on it. eg. employee (John, Peter, Mary, ...) offices (eg. New York, Chicago, ...) These will be fetched from database to populate it. I have defined data access object and business object for these 2 classes. Do I need to create a model for each of them to linke to dropdown list? Or just like normal datasource to do population? I think I should have a model link to this 'View'. So what should I do? >I have a page have 2 dropdown list on it. > eg. > employee (John, Peter, Mary, ...) > offices (eg. New York, Chicago,...

Cash receipt remains open for the invoice document with history status
There is a cash receipt that is still remain open for the invoice document has previously applied, and this invoice document status has changed to History (because of this status the cash receipt cannot be applied to this invoice. I have done the Reconcile and CheckLinks GP > Tools > Utilities > Sales > Reconcile Current Customer Information Outstanding Document Amounts for the particular customer ID. GP > Maintenance > CheckLinks > Sales Receivable Transaction History Files Receivable Batch History Receivable Open Transaction File Receivable S...

How to save 'Forecast your cash flow' results
Hi, The way I can create various reports with different settings and save them in favourites so that I can use that setting in future, how can I save 'Forecast your cash flow' settings to use in future? Basically I do check my cash forecast by using different accoutns and categories. If I want to save that setting, who can I save that? @shish No way. Sad, but there it is. "@shish daga" <shishdaga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53E0F4C-878A-4EE7-924F-F43ED6B6F54A@microsoft.com... > The way I can create various reports with different setting...

Print 3 receipts in one register
I have 2 printers, one for receipt and the other for reports. In the Store Operation Manager I have configured Printer1 for sales receipt format and printer 2 for gift receipt format. Physically they share the same printer,the receipt printer. How can I print a third full page receipt by the report printer? -- Nothing Unfortunately you can't, you can only have the 2 defined per Register. Rob "NothingMuch" <NothingMuch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ABF2B40-5DD7-489D-852C-6A1ABC8E59B5@microsoft.com... >I have 2 printers, one for receipt and t...

Question on Mailbox Limit Policy
Hello-- I am going through article ID 822938, and there is one small discrepancy that I was hoping someone could help me with. In the section titled, "How to Apply a Mailbox Policy to a Mailbox Store" in #2, where is says, "Double-click each mailbox store that you want this policy to control..." that is not an option. After I follow #1 in the same section, the AD find window opens and it wants user names, or object names. I have tried the users' names, our mailbox store name, even our domain name, and nothing is recognized. What am I doing wrong? Why can't ...

SORTING question #2
Greetings. I am using Excel 2007 (beta) and I have a very large spreadsheet (455896 rows!) that consists of five columns (with each row in the first four columns filled in with various data). Of course, I back up the file daily, and I am well aware of the risks of using a beta, but so far it seems very stable (knock on wood). The reason I am using Excel 2007 is that it has expanded capacities (e.g., in the number of rows). The various rows in the fifth column will be filled in as time goes on (after certain sorts and resorts, for example). I want to sort and resort on certain colum...

Money Cash Flow Button quit working!!
All was going fine, then, without any cause I can tell, I quit getting a Cash Flow for one of my accounts. I went to the Cash Flow report, and it was $0.00 forever on that one as well. I closed, rebooted, and went back into MS Money 2002. There still was no Cash Flow generating for that 1 account, but then the Cash Flow button on the toolbar quit working. Please help! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.pgp?q=67. "Christopher" <cadams35@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message news:186601c426df$f6d5dd70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > All was going fine, then, without any cause I can t...

Conditioning Formatting Question
Dear All, Could anyone help me with the following question: I have a spreadsheet with a column of cells that are coloured (colored in purple whilst a project is incomplete but which are then coloure white again when the project is finished. I have another column i which the completion date is written (once it is finished). Is there way I can use conditional formatting to have the first column becom uncoloured conditional on the other cells? Thus, I want cell B1 to b white IFF cell D1 is not empty. I am using Excel 97 (for my sins). Any help very gratefully received! Many thanks! Wil ...

formula for cash on cash payback
how do you create a formula for cash on cash payback in months? I think you will need to describe what you mean. Are you talking about "return on investment"? kpc help wrote: > how do you create a formula for cash on cash payback in months? ...

OWA Logon Page #3
How can I customize the OWA logon page to include my company's logo and other company information? Here's sources of information http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=15779&DisplayTab=Article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=327178 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321832 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6532E454-073E-4974-A800-1490A7CB358F&displaylang=en http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/owacustom.mspx "Jedi10180" wrote: > How can I customize the OWA logon page to in...