Capital Gains method ?

How does Money calculate these gains ? FIFO,average or actual ? and how can
it be changed ? Thanks Alan

0
sailer.ny (16)
2/21/2008 1:51:09 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Apothecon wrote:

>How does Money calculate these gains ? FIFO,average or actual ? and how can
>it be changed ? Thanks Alan

In the US, for mutual funds, there are three methods permitted. You
can select the method you want to use in the investment Details for
each fund. Default in Money is Average double category (averaging
long and short term separately). The IRS lets you choose, but you
have to stick with averaging once you start. See
http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq-kw123.html

For stocks in the US you always use specific identification. The
first-acquired (FIFO) shares is the default.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Style to capitalize each word
I would like to create a style to include the capitalization of each word, but I can't find any options allowing this. Any help please? Title case cannot be set as a style attribute, I'm afraid. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "anna81" <anna81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5CF3ADD-DEFA-4D82-A907-1E7B1507A149@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a style to include the capitalization of each word, > but I can't find any options allowing this. Any help please? ...

Transfer Spreadsheet method Not replacing Sheet Name
I have this line of code which Transfers one record of a query and make a Worksheet named A_EXPORT. This worked fine until I started havin some linked references in the workbook to this newly created shee A_EXPORT Now instead of replacing the sheet every time I transfer data fro Access to Excel it is adding a sheet named A_EXPORT1 etc How can I get this to replace the sheet or can I copy the recordset t row 2 of A_EXPORT instead? EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!!! DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "A_EXPORT", str, True, "" FollowHyperlink st -- Message posted from http://ww...

capitalize i in Hotmail
hi, when i compose an email - is there a setting anywhere that automatically capitalize the i to I? thanks Sheila "S. Jones" <shehar21@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uEpxcohFLHA.4504@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > hi, > when i compose an email - is there a setting anywhere that automatically > capitalize the i to I? > thanks > Sheila > Hi Sheila, If you use something like Microsoft Word to compose your e-mail, then it should automatically capitalize the first letter of the sentence. Dave This group is for Windows Live Mai...

Incorrent gains in portfolio
I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe. So riddle me this.....How does Money figure that I have a $1.32 gain when my cost basis is $724.71 but the current value is $647.45? Correct me if I'm wrong but that is a loss of $77.26. I've got about 7 different inventstments where the cost basis is higher than the market value but Money shows that there is a gain instead of a loss. I even started a new file and manually put in all of the transactions and it still did the same thing. Has anyone else had this same experience? If so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks, Mark In microsoft.pub...

Text All Capitals
In MSWord, formatting can easily be set so that selected text is always in capitals by Format>Fonts>All Caps. Can text in Excel be similarly formatted? Yes it can be done, but not quite in the same way that Word works. Assuming Column A (ie A1, A2, A3 etc) contains the data you wish to converted to upper case, choose a parallel Column B (ie B1, B2, B3 etc.) and use the formula =UPPER(A1) =UPPER(A2) =UPPER(A3) and so on. -- MartinShort Software Tester ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MartinShort's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Capitalization
My company's name is similar to "ABc Corporation". The proper way to display it is ABc. But Excel always wants to change the "B" to "b". How can I make it stop? tools / autocorrect options / uncheck first two caps one "Mike H." wrote: > My company's name is similar to "ABc Corporation". The proper way to display > it is ABc. But Excel always wants to change the "B" to "b". How can I make > it stop? ...

Change capitalized words to capitalized words and bold
I would like to change all capitalized words to be both capitalized and bol. It has to be a macro since my document contains thousands of CAPITALIZED words. I would also like to delete any parenthesized phrase inside a pair of parenthesis , including the parenthesis that contains a a 4 digit number somewhere between the parenthesis. In other words I would like to set up a macro that would remove the entire parenthesis such as (born in 1989 to Martha and Stan) but not remove the phrase and pair of parenthesis such as (tall order for $1.95). -- Butch Cassidy No macros neede...

Another Method for Parsing Names
Having bothered others with ways of parsing names, I thought I'd at lease contribute a simple solution for doing the complete job... Assume you have names of the following types in column C Mrs Dorothy Hannity Dr P R Rogers Dana Delany Mr Bradley K Pitts Type the following formulas into the specified cells: O1=FIND(" ",C1) Determines the location/existence of the blank following the Salutaton or First Name P1=FIND(" ",C1,FIND(" ",C1)+1) Determines the location/existence of the blank following the First Name ...

capital letters in excel
Is there a way to create capital letters in excel without using the caps lock? Thanks. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Capital Letters in Excel" <Capital Letters in Excel@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:90B3C21A-C8C0-4442-A1B1-ED8A1E8148B9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to create capital letters in excel without using the caps > lock? Thanks. You can use the function =UPPER("text") which will return TEXT Or use it in another cell and replace the hard coded text entry with...

Outlook 2003 Capitalization
Hi please help I have set to make first letter of the sentence capitalize but outlook doesn't do that. I have set options to HTML and not using word as email editor. If I use plain tesxt or rich format it works but with HTML doesn't work. Even if i use word as an email editor it doesn't work but if i type directly in a word document it works fine. I don't know why suddenly stop doing that, it was working fine with word as email editor. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks Have a look at: Tools>Options>Spelling>Auto correct options and see if the 'C...

Error: Method 'OpenTextFile' of object 'IFileSystem' failed. #2
I have a VBA macro on MS Excel that should open and read from a Text file. This is the code Dim fs, Tempfile Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set TempFile = fs.OpenTextFile(strInputFile, 1, False) Do While TempFile.AtEndOfLine <> True ' Process Loop I found that it throws error in the OpenTextFile mothod above.. It works for all of our users but one. One guy is getting this strange error meesage when the code executes. I checked his MS excel and found its same as mine, Office 2003 SP1 (The code works fine in my machine). Can ...

How best to enter paper Capital gains and return of capital
I hold mutual funds that report both capital gains and return of capital at the end of year for tax purposes. Neither of these are actually paid out. And they do not increase the number shares of the fund. Rather these "paper" transactions will only be reflected by the change of the fund value. Appreciate any advice on what is the best way to handle (enter them) in Money 2006 so that : 1: these "paper" transactions can be tracked for tax purpose; and 2: their effect on the cost bsis and future capital gains/loss will be correct. Thanks P.S. Also appreciate any...

Changing capitalization in cells.
I have multiple columns of data entered by users. Some entered thei responses all in CAPS, some all lower case, and every combination i between. Is there anyway to format the actual letters so they are al uniform? I do not care if it is in all caps or lower case, I jus would like all of the data the same way. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi JMax Check out the following sites http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Or http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm Here are some Macro's for changing text cells in the selection Sub Uppercase_macro() Dim ...

Change capitalized words to capitalized, bold and red
I would like to change all fully capitalized words to capitalized, bold and red. How do I do this using find and replace? I would also like to find capitalized phrases (more than 1 capitalized word), add 2 paragraph marks before it, make the capitalied phrase capital and bold, add a period (.) to the end and add a paragraph mark after it. How do I do that with find and reolace? -- Butch Cassidy The first one is easy if the words are in upper case because the font is formatted as All caps. If that is the case, in the Replace dialog, click on the More button and with the ...

"Duplicate Control" for capital letters
Hello there, In MS Office Word, if you write all the letters of the word as capital, you will not get any warning for spelling even if it is wrong spelled. As you know, it is because of private names. However, to have duplicate control before having spelling control may cause problem as I had. For instance; if you write a word as "or" and "OR" next to it, it gives duplicate error for "OR". But, "OR" Represents "Operating Room" indeed. We may have more examples on it. I am also in software business. Therefore, I suggest you to re...

Extension method for static method?
I have a feeling the answer is "No" but is there way to create an extension method for a *static* method--say, if I wanted to extend the File class by adding a static Length method to it? On 2010-03-02 22:15, Harlan Messinger wrote: > I have a feeling the answer is "No" but is there way to create an > extension method for a *static* method--say, if I wanted to extend the > File class by adding a static Length method to it? The answer is indeed no. And the reason is that while instance extension methods allowed you to do something you couldn't do b...

Strange probem with capitalization of object
I have two copies of code that I swear are indentical except for the captialization of an object, which seems to be automatic. Somehow one copy of the code doesn't auto cap the object and it is that copy that works. Code is below: Sub RunAll() For Each Worksheet In Worksheets Select Case Worksheet.Name Case "Report 1" Case Else Worksheet.Activate If ActiveSheet.Name = "BGE" Then _ ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet999" End Select Next Worksheet End Sub When Name is capped, it doesn't work. With lowercase name it works. I can't ...

Capitals
Can anyone tell how I can get Column "A" to be in capitals all of the time so that I don't have to continue to hold the Caps key when I'm working in that column? Thanks Bill ...

reporting capital gains
How do I get an investment accout to be included on the capital gains report? One transaction does not appear and i know you have to check something to tell it to be included but I can't seem to find it. appreciate any help. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, tictoc wrote: >How do I get an investment accout to be included on the >capital gains report? One transaction does not appear and >i know you have to check something to tell it to be >included but I can't seem to find it. >appreciate any help. Viewing the Taxes->CapitalGains report, click Customize....

Role of baseAddress Parameter in UriTemplate.Match Method
I have been writing some samples with the UriTemplate class. I have noticed that the baseAddress parameter does not have to match the URI scheme in the candidate parameter in order to obtain a non-null UriTemplateMatch on return. If this is the case, what is the role of the baseAddress parameter? Thank you, EagleRed ...

Pass optional parameters to a method in a Dictionary (C#2.0) ?
Hi, We have some test code where we would want to invoke a method with optional parameters. In C# 4.0, I believe we could use named parameters, but we're using C# 2.0 I found a Dictionary solved my problem, but I'm not sure it's the best pattern for C# 2.0?. Could anyone please comment on whether or not there's a more appropriate pattern? Cheers artie EXAMPLE: public void AddToDatabase(Dictionary<string,object> fields) { string _surname = ""; string _city = ""; int _employeeId; if (fields.ContainsKey("...

Money pct gain
In the portfolio view in col. '%gain' what does 'Big%' mean. I want to know HOW big, not that it IS big!... This is the 'Annual gain' column where I assume they annualize from what ithas gained and project to what it would be if the investment continued gaining at the same rate... In microsoft.public.money, beclem3 (removethis) @cox.net wrote: >In the portfolio view in col. '%gain' what does 'Big%' >mean. I want to know HOW big, not that it IS big!... It is a meaningless number at this point. Wait a couple days and you will have a real number t...

Return of capital
How does a return of capital transaction affect the cost (or basis) of stock? It appears to me that it does not have an effect on the basis and that is not how the IRS treats the transaction. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >How does a return of capital transaction affect the cost >(or basis) of stock? It appears to me that it does not >have an effect on the basis and that is not how the IRS >treats the transaction. A return of capital transaction reduces the basis. If you enter a later Sell and do Taxes->ExportToTaxCut (regardless of what tax progr...

Money 2005: Fidelity: Capital gains distribution appears as divide
Hello, When I receive a capital gains distribution on a mututal fund on my fidelity account Microsoft money shows this in the account register and in the Portfolio as dividend. I do not have this problem with Etrade for example. Also it seems that Dividends from Fidelity sometimes come in later than the reinvestment-purchase and this causes Moeny to "add shares" which after the Dividend is registered leads to a "remove" shares so the total number of shares is equal with the number on the account. However that leads to confusion in the Portfolio manager which then ...

capitalize
How can I make an input field be all caps? Thanks. That did it. Thanks so much. "Ofer Cohen" wrote: > I doubt that the problem, but mybe (because I had that before) > > Change it to > > Private Sub Dist_Cust_AfterUpdate() > Me.Dist_Cust = StrConv(Me.Dist_Cust, vbUpperCase) > End Sub > > Note: when you change the ! to . you should get the name of the field from a > list. > > -- > Good Luck > BS"D > > > "rml" wrote: > > > Yes, that is the name. Here is the full code. > > > > Private ...