Cannot read money 99 backup into money 2004

I've upgraded to 2004 and the program trys to read my 99
version back up file.  It starts to convert and at the end
says  backup is from an incompatible version.   Anybody??
0
rthorn (3)
5/28/2004 11:47:55 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

See the mother of all FAQs at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1.

"Rob" <rthorn@dezzanet.net.au> wrote in message
> I've upgraded to 2004 and the program trys to read my 99
> version back up file.  It starts to convert and at the end
> says  backup is from an incompatible version.   Anybody??

cannot find country of origin so I can match 2004
version.  Any idea where this is stored.  It's not under
help but my serial number is?
>.

0
rthorn (3)
5/30/2004 6:04:33 AM
Almost certainly International English.

Have a look and see how "cheque" is spelt in Help!!

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com.

> [...]

0
SPAM5796 (251)
5/30/2004 1:53:04 PM
Better ways to tell the source of a data file have been on my wish list for
some time now. Microsoft hasn't seen fit to oblige me. Besides the test Bob
gave--which won't help tell where a data file came from in the absence of
the application--I don't know a better one. Sorry.

"Rob" <rthorn@dezzanet.net.au> wrote in message
> Dick, thanks for info. I purchased my 99 in Australia but
> cannot find country of origin so I can match 2004
> version.  Any idea where this is stored.  It's not under
> help but my serial number is?

Glyn) nothing, and cheque was spelt cheque.... My 2004 is
US version...Well I'll invest in one more.....I'll try to
ensure its not an American one lol...

Thanks  for your help.
>.

0
anonymous (74719)
5/31/2004 10:22:07 AM
OK you have definitely got International English.

Before you spend any more money you might want to consider that M2005 ought
to be out around September time. The USA version is usually available some 4
weeks before the non-US versions because of the need to localise.

--

> [...]

0
SPAM5796 (251)
5/31/2004 11:10:19 AM

GB;mny.
>For wishes or suggestions see
>http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com.

read posts etc that another work around is to export to a
qif and then remove the old version. Install the new one (
whatever it is) and import.  I'm backed up so I quess I
could always go back ... well at least I think I could.
I'm a bit cautious about the data because I would hate to
lose 5 years of where I've spent my money .lol

0
anonymous (74719)
6/1/2004 9:39:54 AM
See the following for info about export/import - particularly the MS KB
entries.

--

"rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

6/1/2004 12:39:41 PM
Ooops sorry forgot the link!

"Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_PeelNO SPAM@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> See the following for info about export/import - particularly the MS KB
> entries.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> For wishes or suggestions see
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com.
>
> "rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Budget Problems using Money 2004
When trying to set up a budget, I want to include my mortgage payments in the budget. I've got the mortgage set up using the "loan" option so that I transfer payments from my bank account to the "loan" account after each payment. In the budget, it shows my mortgage amount under the "actual" column but it won't allow me to "budget" for the mortgage payment. How can I fix this problem so that my mortgage payments (and other debt payments) show up in the budget planner? Otherwise, the only expenses that show are the "interest" port...

Nero disables Money
downloaded Nero 6.0 Demo to try out, also tried MyDVD Deluxe and decided to use that one...but Nero interferes with MyDVD and I cannot edit video...So, I uninstall Nero, but it removes files that Money 2003 needs to open...Which files need to be replaced that they have in common? anyone else experience this? ps Nero is immune to system, restore...go back to a point before Nero was even downloaded and it still appears in the system and is fully functional In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote: >downloaded Nero 6.0 Demo to try out, also tried MyDVD >Deluxe and decided to use...

Reading .wks file

Re-Downloading money 2005 pro
is there a link i can use or someone to contact to be able to redownload money 2005 pro i have the subscription but no one can seem to give me the right information to RE-DOWNLOAD the software help?????? -- ug Go to http://shop.microsoft.com/moneyupgrade/purchasequestion.asp and see if you can find the download option when you input your activation code. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes h...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Money 2003
Trying to open money 2003 (Windows XP) and when I try to type the password w/ the first key stroke it says error occurred loading the component report.dll. Need to re-install money. I have tried to reinstall w/ the system disks that came w/ my computer and it seems to only let me do a full system restore. I can not find the option to just install one program. Is there any place I can download that file or reinstall from online? Thank you in advance. Do a search on Google. You can find several DLL libraries out there. I just did one and found the "report.dll" file here: ...

File won't open as read only

Money 2003 to Plus
Is there a way to import any of my transactional or simply income/spending report data from Money 2003 to the new Money Plus? In microsoft.public.money, Maria wrote: >Is there a way to import any of my transactional or simply income/spending >report data from Money 2003 to the new Money Plus? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919524/en-us should help. ...

reading confirmation

2/17 Document a bankrupt company & their stock Money Deluxe 2005.
Does anyone know how to document in the account register the fact that a company is no longer traded and has zero value? I am trying to balance the statement from my broker with the account register. The only method I have found is to show it as a sale, which is obviously incorrect. Also is there any way to have Money track the stock symbol for bankrupt company? I owned shares in Acterna, which my broker tracks as ACTRQ & Yahoo tracks as ACTN.PK? In microsoft.public.money, RobG_money wrote: >Does anyone know how to document in the account register the fact that a >company...

Money 2008 #2
Are they making a UK version as we have not had one for some time, I use 2006 version which was last they produced for us. I'm not aware of any new one at present. The last UK version was 2005. On the Money support page, it says: "Note: Money 2006, 2007, and Money Plus are only supported in the United States and Japan. Money 2005 is supported in countries outside the United State and Japan, including France and the United Kingdom. Money 2003 and 2004 are no longer supported. Please contact the appropriate support center for your product." Which implies to me, that Money ...

The memory could not be "read".

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Money 2002 #16
When update UK share prices the update is the mid price and not the bid price. Can I change it? Many Thanks Colin D Sorry no that is the way it is. If you look in the daily share price columns they are mid price and the feed is just reflecting this. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Colin D" <colind@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:2b7d01c3e133$b34dd4f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When update UK share prices the update is the mid ...

Purchase new home procedure with Money 2007
What is the best way to record the purchase of a new home? I am sure this is 'documented' somewhere but would like some detailed steps on what to do - like what/how to record all the fees for the buy, asset account, transferring items to that account, loan amount, etc. Anyone got a more or less detailed list of what to do? Tom -- See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=23 for some insights. "Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OP8MLttKIHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Anyone got a more or less detailed list of what to do? ...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...

Suggested reading
Any suggested reading for Access 2003 VBA? I have both "Step by Step Access 2003" And "Microsoft Access 2003 VBA for Dummies" (how Ironic) and niether have been very helpful. Try this book. It's a winner: Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference by Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, and Armen Stein http://www.amazon.com/Access-2007-Programmers-Reference-Programmer/dp/0470047038/ref=sr_1_1/104-1181757-2327103?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185824619&sr=8-1 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.access...

Unable to initialize Money component -
I'm trying to upgrade to Money 2004, but keep getting the "Unable to initialize a required Money component" error. I've completely uninstalled 2002, but I do have Norton antivirus installed. Is there any way around uninstalling Norton? I didn't pay the extra to be able to redownload it and I can't find my original file, so it's going to cost me $60 to reinstall it. I'm on a wireless network and don't really want to sit exposed out here for too long. Any ideas from anyone? - Sherry Hi Sherry See the first article here: http://support.microsoft.com/def...

Money 2006 small buisness
I purchased money 2006 small buisness only to learn that the bank my buisness accounts are set up in can only use money 2005 and younger. Has there been a patch created to allow Money 2006 to access banks on the old system? In microsoft.public.money, Small buisness guy <Small buisness guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I purchased money 2006 small buisness only to learn that the bank my buisness >accounts are set up in can only use money 2005 and younger. Has there been a >patch created to allow Money 2006 to access banks on the old system? There is no patch, but Mone...

Controling READ ONLY and READ/WRITE mode when opening a project PS
Hello All, I was looking for a way to force users to select between READ ONLY and READ/WRITE instead of it defaulting to READ/WRITE when opening projects in MS Project 2007. Any suggestions would be a huge help. Thanks, Eric Eric -- Short of using custom software development, there is no way to force this issue with your PMs. If you want to try the custom software development route, then please repost your message in the microsoft.public.project.developer newsgroup. Otherwise, make this a training and performance issue with your PMs. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Ho...

Failed to upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2005
I try to upgrade Money 2004 to Money 2005. It says something like "You don't have perimission to read the file or the drive is readonly" However I am sure the password is correct, file is not readonly and I got lots of space in my C: Any idea? Many Thanks Josh I had the same problem, have searched this group, found many had similar issue, but no solution yet. So I had to downgrade back to 2004 "Joshua Chan" <joshua_chan NOSPAM hotmail NOSPAM com> wrote in message news:<e7$LxPzuEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > I try to upgrade Money 2004 to Mon...