Cannot finish balancing account

I am having a problem balancing my account in Money 2002.  I can get to
the list of transactions and mark them all as Cleared.  When I try to
click Next to finish up, nothing happens.  So, I have to postpone
balancing the account, because that's all I can do.

I have been having problems with some of my transactions.  The first
time I tried to balance the account, some items did not want to be
marked as Clear.  I tried to delete those transactions so that I could
enter them again, but I couldn't delete them either.  I ended up having
to repair my Money file with Microsoft's salvage program.  So far, I've
done this about five separate times.  Each time I did it, there was
still at least one transaction that behaved badly.

Is there anything I can do?  If not, will I need to create a completely
new Money file?  And, if so, is there any way to avoid having to enter
in almost three years worth of transactions??

Keli'i Martin

0
werureo (1)
11/5/2003 2:43:41 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Account balance is different
I notice that in my Checking account the balance is correct in detail view if I show all transactions. Unfortunately, the summary balance on the banking page is different and incorrect. I also notice that if I show only the unreconciled transactions in detail view, that the account total is the same incorrect number as the summary view. Do I have a setting wrong or is there a bug somewhere? Steve In microsoft.public.money, Steve Hinkle wrote: >I notice that in my Checking account the balance is correct in detail view >if I show all transactions. Unfortunately, the summary balance o...

Accounts
I am using Outlook 2003 Beta. When I click on the accounts folder I can see the accounts. When I doubleclick the account I want to edit I get a stylesheet error message. "The stylesheet may be empty or it may not be a well-formed xml document." Has anyone seen this message or know how to correct it. ...

Installing CRM 3.0 as default Administrator account?
Hi We've been warned against installing CRM 3.0 using the default domain Administrator account by Microsoft CRM partner. Instead it has been suggested to install CRM 3.0 using a new user called crmadmin with domain administratrion rights. Our test server is already installed/configured (and was done so using the default in Administrator account) so we would like to know why this is suggested, and if it is really required. So far I have not been able to find any information on the types of problems using the default Administrator account can cause. Is this a known typical install...

Workflow: Wait for Subprocess being finished
Hello, in a Sales Process Workflow, I run a subprocess that checks certain conditions. How can I let the Sales Process wait for the subprocess to be finished? All I see is that I can wait for Activities. Regards, Martin ...

Stale Hotmail Account
Not sure how it happened, but I have a stale Hotmail folder displayed in folder list in outlook. Whenever I try to delete or close the folder it an error message that says "Operation failed, the object could not be found" appears. How can I get rid of it. Not sure if it's related but I'm also not able to turn of "work offline", when I try it comes back with a message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Which as you might guess, doesn't go away when I restart out...

How to post finished excel form on line?
I just finished an excel form and I want to post it online for the user to input data. How can I post the excel form online without changing any setting on excel sheet using internet explore browser? Thanks in advance. Luke ...

how do I set up an email account for my partner
I need to know how to set up multiple addressess in my outlook so that both my partner can access seprate mail You'll need to have an acount first. Contact your ISP if you can get an additional account or use another (free) e-mail service. With the account comes configuration details which you will need to specify when adding a new account via Tools-> E-mail Accounts... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kev286" <Kev286@discussio...

total running balance
I have a data with stocks (shares) purchased date and sold date Along with a price. I want to calculate my daily amount invested in stock market can someone tell me how can I see : bought entry $ sold price $ 5/5/7 5 6/6/7 5.25 5/27/7 12.25 6/9/7 13.25 using this and so for many more trades how to get daily amount invested in stock market? here is the Spreadsheet in google docs it will be helpful to see what i am asking for (type or click) http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pAG_8YjlmtBqiOPvkiz8KMg&gid=0 You may ...

Transfer between accounts with online reporting
Ok I've tried to search through the threads, but I'm just not getting it. I have all my accounts automatically download from my bank. If I transfer money from one account to another it's the age old expense vs. income issue. I am aware of the "Special" section of the category list, but I get duplicates. I believe this has something to do with the automatic downloading. Since the transfers already show up in each account, when I try to use the Special Transfer: XXX this is when O get the dups. I hope this makes sense. Scott I usually enter my transactions manu...

How do I transfer an option from one investment account to another
For investments that are stocks, I can use "transfer out" on the Activity list. However, this option does not exist for investments that are options (e.g., a call option). Why is that? How do I work around that and still preserve the original purcahse date/cost basis, etc? ...

reconcilling checking account
I have been using Money since 2000 mainly to catagorize expenses for my business. I entered everything from the check register but never had the program reconcile it. I would like to not use a paper register anymore and reconcile in the program. I have everything entered up to date and all transactions are cleared. The amount the bank says I have is exactly the same as the balance in the register in money. All is good but Money says it doesn't balance. BUT IT DOES! I have checked and double checked that 10 years worth of transactions are all listed as cleared. I would ...

Project Accounting Work In Progress As At Report
A report that shows, by Project, the details of what was in Work In Progress as at a specified month end is required to support the balance of the WIP account in G/L. This would be similar in content / layout to the Projects In Progress-Cost Category report - but the information should be as at the transaction posting date and not the transaction document date (as it currently seems to be). At present it appears to be impossible to reconcile the WIP account in the G/L to any standard Project Accounting report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

Customer account numbers
Does anyone know if it is possible to change customer account numbers. We use Headquarters and some of the numbering schemes that were set up previously really need to be fixed. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. In RMS Manager, go to File|Configuration|Accounts and you will see a place to define the 'Next auto-generated account number". If you want to change existing number schemes, you will have to either change them individually through the Customer management screen, or else change the numbering schemes using a database query. You will want to change th...

balancing
when balancing i want to mark all the cleared items as reconciled, but I have to do them one at a time. how can I tag all the transactions and do them all at once? I tried but could not find a "select all" feature. Select the first item, press the space bar, repeat. You can even hold the space bar down and let it auto-repeat. I'm betting that you can mark a hundred or so transactions a minute this way. "randy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00b601c3b5ea$35e34f50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > when balancing i want to mark all the cleare...

Installation Account and password
Hello I would like to realize an installation of Exchange Server 2003 on a member server. I have always do ti on a DC Controler whit the Administrator's Domain account. But i know that is noty a good think. - For a new installation on a member server : Do have I to made the Foresprep and Domainprep's Command whith administrator's domain account ? I think so. For the server installation, which account to use ? Can I use local administratot account ? Is there communicaztion with AD during installation ? And after if I want to change regularly the administrator password, wi...

outlook 2003 doesn't finish after tablet pc sp2 upgrade
Hello, After I upgraded my tablet pc with the windows xp sp2 2005 edition, when I close the outlook 2003 window, the application closes the window but it remains active in the background ( I receive notifications of messages when they arrive; the deleted items aren't deleted as stated finishing the program; when I shut down the tablet pc, it appears the message that outlook has not finished its tasks...). This behavior not always happens (some times, it finishes ok), but I think every time I open the not-wanted (or spam) folder the possibilities of this bad close are much higher. I ...

MULTIPLE HOTMAIL ACCOUNTS #2
Anyone figure out how to send/receive multiple Hotmail accounts from within Outlook 2003, or 2002.? (or even 2000 for the matter) Thanks Multiple Hotmail accounts is only supported in Outlook 2003. 2002 can use only one account and Outlook 2000 does not have the ability to use any Hotmail accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John F asked: | A...

Crashing when finishing charts
Hello, I'm experiencing a problem with Excel where whenever (almost every single time) I try to finish a chart (click the finish button), Excel freezes and I lose all of my progress. Sometimes this happens when I am still in the process of picking my chart options. Has anyone else had this problem? I've had this problem for a while and have since reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Excel, but the problem still persists. I am running Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (11.6355.6408) SP1 on a Windows XP machine. Please help, Thank you! wruwtrix :confused: -- wruwtrix -------------...

Outlook on a limited account
Can I clarify my earlier post? I was actually talking about Outlook, not Outlook Express, and perhaps I did not make myself clear. My version of Outlook on my account functions fine all the time. My wife's version of Outlook functions fine when her account is an administrator one. When I change her account to limited status, her version of Outlook does not open, but gives an error message to the effect that 'these folders could not be opened' and the server was not available, which is not the case, because the server is operating fine as far as my account is concerned (and a...

Home screen balance and Account screen balance mismatch
The balance shown on the HOME screen for my checking account does NOT MATCH the bank balance for my checking account that I see when I click on the account name. The one on the HOME screen is NOT correct. I can't see where it is getting this balance from? In microsoft.public.money, Peoria Dave <Peoria Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The balance shown on the HOME screen for my checking account does NOT MATCH >the bank balance for my checking account that I see when I click on the >account name. The one on the HOME screen is NOT correct. I can't see ...

Money 2005: Auto-update accounts online upon startup
Thanks in advance for any assistance. In Tools | Settings | Online Services, I have checked the checkbox to "Automatically update accounts online when I start Money" but it does not do it. In Help, under "About automatic online updates", it says to: 1. Save your bank sign-in information in Money. 2. Sign in to Money with a Microsoft .NET Passport. I have already done both a long time ago. Internet updates work when I force the update, but that is not "automatic". Software should make my life easier, Lee This is just one of many things about M05 that is jus...

Multiple POP3 Accounts
Is it possible to setup more than one POP3 account for multiple accounts on my network? I have several users who I would like to setup using their pop acconts via Exchange 2003? I was able to setup one account using Recepient Policies but when I try to add another policy the mail does not pop down to their mailbox? Does anyone have suggestions, any help would be appreciated -- MCSE/MCSA A+ Network+ In news:58A3C132-3228-4C9F-823B-F7CFE514D381@microsoft.com, pQi <pQi@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is it possible to setup more than one POP3 account for multiple > accou...

1 email account, 2 computers
I have been using Outlook at home to view my business email account. Today I set up a new computer at my store using the same email configuration. I'm ready to delete the account from my home computer but what will happen to all those messages that I need to save? How can I access them from my store computer? Thanks! Before deleting that e-mail account on your home computer (just to make sure) you have to back-up your Personal Folders (*.pst files). To do this go to File > Data File Management and on the Outlook Data Files window you'll see your Personal Folders, click Open ...

Net worth and actual balances differ
I'm using Money 2001 deluxe and for no apparent reason the figures shown in my net worth window for my checking account and my mastercharge are way different from the actual amounts. How can I correct this? And how did it happen? fatjac In microsoft.public.money, Jack Tanner wrote: >I'm using Money 2001 deluxe and for no apparent reason the figures shown in >my net worth window for my checking account and my mastercharge are way >different from the actual amounts. >How can I correct this? And how did it happen? Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering &quo...

Nice to be able to export trial balance from GP to Excel
It is unexcuseable not to be able to export a GP report into excel. Trying to save to a csv file .. none of the colums line up properly. This is a no brainer. Comeone guys ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Commu...