Cannot connect to quotes server

All of a sudden, I'm unable to connect to the quotes server using my primary
computer. My back-up, a laptop,connects fine.

My Internet connection is OK - I can browse with no problem. The
connectivity problem exists only with MS Money. I've turned off the firewall.

Using XP with SP2, MS Money 2007 Deluxe.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks.

Dave M.

0
DaveM518 (75)
2/27/2007 1:53:13 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

A further indication of the problem: When I click "Go Online" in the info bar
(between "File, Edit, Favorites..." and "Home, Banking..." lines), I
immediately get the message, "Not able to go online." In addition, I am
unable to uncheck "File/Workline."

Totally frustrating!

Dave

"Dave M." wrote:

> All of a sudden, I'm unable to connect to the quotes server using my primary
> computer. My back-up, a laptop,connects fine.
>
> My Internet connection is OK - I can browse with no problem. The
> connectivity problem exists only with MS Money. I've turned off the firewall.
>
> Using XP with SP2, MS Money 2007 Deluxe.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dave M.

0
DaveM518 (75)

Reinstall Exchange 2003 on Same Server
We have multiple problems on a current Windows 2003 Server (also a DC - will DCPROMO down first and wait for replication) with Exchange 2003; therefore, we would like to reinstall the OS on this server. **** The errors are related to an application we previously had installed on this server and no longer have.**** Anyhow, after the reinstall of the OS, we will put back Exchange 2003 DB (priv & pub files). Is there a proper high-level process you guys can tell me in how to approach this procedure? Thank you. you will need to use /DisasterRecovery switch http://www.msexchange....

SQL Server Backup overwrite?
My current backups are stored here S:\backup\retail123.bak. I want to over write this backup with S:\backup\retail.bak using INIT. My question is will this make two copies (retail123.bak, retail.bak) or will this overwrite the existing retail123.bak and saves only one backup i.e. retail.bak. Do I need to add SKIP command also so that it will overwrite any backup exists in that folder with retail name? Please clarify.. On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:45:58 -0700 (PDT), Bero <robertatnova@gmail.com> wrote: >My current backups are stored here S:\backup\retail123.bak. >I want t...

curly quotes became straight, can't get curly bakc
something changed curly quotes to straight, and now I can't resume curly quotes. I assume you've already checked your AutoCorrect options to make sure replace straight quotes with curly quotes is checked, so let's look at the other simple fixes first. Have you recently changed to a new font? Some fonts don't support curly quotes. What version of Word are you using? Jerry "John Worsley Simpson" wrote: > something changed curly quotes to straight, and now I can't resume curly > quotes. And in some fonts it's really hard to recogni...

"Close all applications before exiting Windows"
Even though I exit Outlook 2003 prior to rebooting or shutting down the computer, I get a pop up saying "close all applications". I have to go to task master and manually shutdown Outlook to exit Windows XP. Not only does Outlook.exe need to shut down, but MAPISP32.EXE must stop as well. Sometimes this can take up to a minute or two. Also, it's possible some other application hooked into MAPI may be keeping it open. Palm/PDA synch software or FAX software is the culprit more time than not. -- Patrick Reed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MVP [Outlook] Have you checked www.slipstick.com?...

Printing the "Edit Item Screen" in Business Portal Requisition Mgm
We would like the ability to print the "Edit Item Screen" in Business Portal Requisition Mgmt. There is information in this screen that does not display on the "Printer Friendly" version (i.e. Comments) -- Jarrod Kraemer Cornerstone Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cl...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Copying the "My XXXX" View
Does anyone know if it is possible to create a custom view using the same logic as the "My XXXX" Views (for example My Opportunities, My Accounts, etc...views). I basically want to create a custom view that simply says display only those records where ownerid = user logged in. Any ideas? Thanks for the help! Create your new View via the customisation menu in the normal way. Click on "Filter Criteria" - select in the first column 'OWNER' and then in the condition column change the defualt from 'equals' to "Equals Current User". Guy. "M...

Problem: Attribute "border" exists, but can not be used for this element
hi asp.net 3.5 when validating my site I get the error mention in the subject of this post, here is the source code generating the problem. I mean thisis the source code taken from the browser: <span><input type="image" name="ctl00$Login2$LoginView1$Login1$Submit" id="ctl00_Login2_LoginView1_Login1_Submit" src="Images/Go.gif" alt="alt text is here" onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;ctl00$Login2$LoginView1$Login1$Submit&quot;, &quot;&quot;, true, &...

New Exchange Server from an Old One
I have a currently running Exchange 2003 Std SP2 server. I am building a VMware VM for Exchange and was hoping to just move all of the mailboxes and what not to the new server. Is there a easy way to do this? If so, what are the steps? Move all the user mailboxes with movemailbox, then: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309A5FA3-AE27-4C88-AB81-68E14EAA6063@microsoft.com... >I have a currently running Exchange 2003 Std SP2 server. I am building a > VMware VM for Exchange and was hoping ...

"Server Busy" error
Sometimes when I try to do a function wher Money needs to fetch something on the web I get a dialog box like this: SERVER BUSY This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch to' to activate the busy program and correct the problem. SWITCH RETRY If I hit Switch, it only brings up the START menu. If I get Retry, it does nothing. I have no programs running in the background. When this happens I have to kill money with the task manager. Any ideas? Please mail to @JAIME_EMMANUELLI@Hotmail.COM (remove the @ before JAIME) if you can. -Jaime ...

FTE's in Portfolio Server vs Project Server
Is there a way that I can change the calendar for the calculation of FTE's in Portfolio Server? It appears to calculate FTE's based on an 8 hour day, resulting in my Project Server imported Resource Utilisation showing as 0.92 or something per FTE. FYI, the export from PPS to PS Resource Plan the value is correct 1 FTE = 1 FTE, it's just when I Update Availability do I see these different values. Any help would be great thanks, Martin Laukkanen ...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

Installing Intelligent Message Filter on additional servers
I am currently running Exchange 2003 SP1 on four servers, two of which are frontend servers. One frontend server already has Intelligent Message Filter installed on it. I am now planning to install IMF on the second Frontend Server, are there any issues I should be aware of, will the install on the second server cause the Message Delivery tab at the top of the organisation to be updated to it's default settings? Non of the docs on IMF are very clear about the issue. thanx Susie There should be no issue and settings should not be overwritten. Altough maybe you should consider up...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

Cannot get ">>" to precede original message in HTML
Outlook 2003 I would like to have ">>" precede the text of the original message I am replying to while in HTML format. I have gone to TOOLS>OPTIONS>EMAIL OPTIONS and have chosen to prefix all lines of original messages with ">>". The thumbnail picture changes to reflect the change took place, but I still just a vertical blue bar to the left of the document when I try to reply. If I insert reply text in between line of the original text, there is nothing that distinguishes it from the original. Any help would be great! Thanks. the >> are ...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Publisher2003 Certificate Template "Missing Clip Art" Error
Installed, removed, and re-installed Office 2003 Professional (Enterprise Edition) in Windows XP Pro (new & fresh build). Applied all Windows & Office updates. When picking Certificate "Appreciation 3" (in Print Publication view, Publication Designs\Apply a Design) this error is displayed: "The wizard cannot find clip art needed for this design. Your publication may not look as it was intended to look. Run setup again to reinstall the missing clip art file. For more information on running Setup press F1 now." We tried reinstalling, and removing/installing to ...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

if a field contains "vita" or "acid" , show "YES" to the result co
I have a table: consists "ID" , "Product name" and "Result". IF the colum "Product_name" contains word "vita" or "Acid", the next column should show "YES" else "it should be "NO" ID Product_name 1001 Vitamin 1002 Vitamilk 1003 Calcium 1004 Fat 1005 Sodium 1006 HB Acid 1007 Omega Acid 1008 Grape Extract 1009 Milk 1010 Acid Extrac ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Expected Outcome: ID Product_name If "vita" or "acid" is found...