Cannot change interest rate after account has been created?

I am using 2005 standard, and I noticed that I cannot change the interest
rate on a credit or LOC account after the account has been created in Money.
Is this the expected behavior?

0
kmongwa (3)
1/8/2005 1:16:59 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Account Settings cannot do this?!?

"Kan Mongwa" <kmongwa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am using 2005 standard, and I noticed that I cannot change the interest
>rate on a credit or LOC account after the account has been created in
>Money. Is this the expected behavior?

I do it all the time in Money 2005.

Dick Watson wrote:

> Account Settings cannot do this?!?
>
> "Kan Mongwa" <kmongwa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I am using 2005 standard, and I noticed that I cannot change the interest
>>rate on a credit or LOC account after the account has been created in
>>Money. Is this the expected behavior?

0
art4580 (318)
1/8/2005 1:22:58 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Kan Mongwa wrote:

>I am using 2005 standard, and I noticed that I cannot change the interest
>rate on a credit or LOC account after the account has been created in Money.
>Is this the expected behavior?

Here is how to change the interest rate in Money 2005 for a credit
card:

1.  Go to Account Settings by right-clicking the account on the
account list.

2.  If the Account Type drop-down is grayed out, disable online
access for that account

1.  If the credit card is enabled for online access, disable that.
[M05]Banking->AccountTools->ManageOnlineServices.  Click the credit
card account, and choose StopUsingOnlineServices....

2.  Go to Account Settings by right-clicking the account on the
account list.

3.  Change the Account Type drop-down to Liability.  If the
Account Type drop-down is grayed out, you probably did not disable
online access for that account.  (changing to Bank also seemed to
work, but gave a different setup)

4.  Click ChangeLiabilityDetails.  Change the interest rate.  Click
OK.

5. Change the Account Type drop-down to Credit Card.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/8/2005 5:00:14 PM
Wow. Online enablement blocks even changing the interest rate.

> In microsoft.public.money, Kan Mongwa wrote:
>
>>I am using 2005 standard, and I noticed that I cannot change the interest
>>rate on a credit or LOC account after the account has been created in
>>Money.
>>Is this the expected behavior?
>>

> Here is how to change the interest rate in Money 2005 for a credit
> card:
>
> 1.  Go to Account Settings by right-clicking the account on the
> account list.
>
> 2.  If the Account Type drop-down is grayed out, disable online
> access for that account

Out of the dim recesses of my memory I seem to remember that you could
actually click on the interest rate. Don't know if that was a Liability
Account though. Try clicking on the 12.99% number.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

>I changed the account type to Liability, but still no option to change the
> interest rate.  I have attached a screen shot.
>

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Kan Mongwa wrote:
>>
>>>I am using 2005 standard, and I noticed that I cannot change the interest
>>>rate on a credit or LOC account after the account has been created in
>>>Money.
>>>Is this the expected behavior?
>>>

>> Here is how to change the interest rate in Money 2005 for a credit
>> card:
>>
>> 1.  Go to Account Settings by right-clicking the account on the
>> account list.
>>
>> 2.  If the Account Type drop-down is grayed out, disable online
>> access for that account
>>
>> 1.  If the credit card is enabled for online access, disable that.
>> [M05]Banking->AccountTools->ManageOnlineServices.  Click the credit
>> card account, and choose StopUsingOnlineServices....
>>
>> 2.  Go to Account Settings by right-clicking the account on the
>> account list.
>>
>> 3.  Change the Account Type drop-down to Liability.  If the
>> Account Type drop-down is grayed out, you probably did not disable
>> online access for that account.  (changing to Bank also seemed to
>> work, but gave a different setup)
>>
>> 4.  Click ChangeLiabilityDetails.  Change the interest rate.  Click
>> OK.
>>
>> 5. Change the Account Type drop-down to Credit Card.

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
1/11/2005 6:58:53 AM
Bob, I was following the tips in the post by Cal Learner on how to change
interest rates.  The account type was Credit card, before I changed it to
Liability.  Nothing short of deleting and re-creating the account is
allowing me to change the rate.

Can anyone who is able to change the rate on a credit account, attach a
screen shot showing how / where?
Thanks.

"Bob Peel MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandraNOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Out of the dim recesses of my memory I seem to remember that you could
> actually click on the interest rate. Don't know if that was a Liability
> Account though. Try clicking on the 12.99% number.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> For wishes or suggestions see
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "Kan Mongwa" <kmongwa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I changed the account type to Liability, but still no option to change the
>> interest rate.  I have attached a screen shot.
>>

>> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message

>>> Here is how to change the interest rate in Money 2005 for a credit
>>> card:
>>>
>>> 1.  Go to Account Settings by right-clicking the account on the
>>> account list.
>>>
>>> 2.  If the Account Type drop-down is grayed out, disable online
>>> access for that account
>>>
>>> 1.  If the credit card is enabled for online access, disable that.
>>> [M05]Banking->AccountTools->ManageOnlineServices.  Click the credit
>>> card account, and choose StopUsingOnlineServices....
>>>
>>> 2.  Go to Account Settings by right-clicking the account on the
>>> account list.
>>>
>>> 3.  Change the Account Type drop-down to Liability.  If the
>>> Account Type drop-down is grayed out, you probably did not disable
>>> online access for that account.  (changing to Bank also seemed to
>>> work, but gave a different setup)
>>>
>>> 4.  Click ChangeLiabilityDetails.  Change the interest rate.  Click
>>> OK.
>>>
>>> 5. Change the Account Type drop-down to Credit Card.

0
kmongwa (3)
1/12/2005 11:44:50 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Kan Mongwa wrote:

>Bob, I was following the tips in the post by Cal Learner on how to change
>interest rates.  The account type was Credit card, before I changed it to
>Liability.  Nothing short of deleting and re-creating the account is
>allowing me to change the rate.

You could try changing it to Bank.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/12/2005 3:13:21 PM
Wow, changing the account type to "Bank" finally allowed me to change the
interest rate.

This is pretty screwed up.  My experience so far with Money 2005 has been
hardly positive.  I sometimes think of it as a downgrade to what I was
previously using - Money 2000.

> In microsoft.public.money, Kan Mongwa wrote:
>
>>Bob, I was following the tips in the post by Cal Learner on how to change
>>interest rates.  The account type was Credit card, before I changed it to
>>Liability.  Nothing short of deleting and re-creating the account is
>>allowing me to change the rate.
>
> You could try changing it to Bank.

0
kmongwa (3)

how to use excel to creat an oncall schedule
i wantb to creat oncall schedule for doctors in a hospital. each 2 doctors would be on call for 12 hours a day. it can look like calendar and it should calculae how many days each one was oncall up to date. ...

External data link change

how create sum function in form field
I'm trying to utilize the sum function in a field on an Outlook 2002 form. I want the form field to sum up the other form fields. Sum is not a function listed in the value tab. Please advise. ...

Why does the change change to a number?

Create Template
Hi i am new with Outlook How can i crate a Template so that when i send mail it should go my Co. logo and address evey time to other. pls help. Shital In news:13072DF7-B1A1-4ED3-8E94-4128335F3992@microsoft.com, shital shah <shitalshah@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi i am new with Outlook > How can i crate a Template so that when i send mail it should go my > Co. logo and address evey time to other. > > pls help. > > Shital I don't understand. Are you saying you want an e-mail signature automatically put at the bottom of your messages? Please provi...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Creating a taskbar toolbar (like media player)
Hi, Can anyone point me to a project / sample code to enable me to minimize my project to a toolbar on the taskbar, as Windows Media Player does. My application is MDI based and not dialog based. TIA Tony Here you go: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb776819.aspx http://www.microsoft.com/msj/1199/bandobj/bandobj.aspx AliR. "Tony" <lazy.herbert@homeandresting.com> wrote in message news:OjbpMAsNIHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can anyone point me to a project / sample code to enable me to minimize my > project to a toolbar on the tas...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

Account clean up/merge failure
I recently brought a free-standing domain up to 2003/AD. Three users in this domain had individual accounts in another AD domain with Exchange mailboxes. The remainder had exchange mailboxes using an "associated external account" in thier former domain. In running the AD Account Cleanup, the users who had full accounts in the Exchange system will not merge with thier new IDs in the new child domain, but all the others transferred smoothly. The ADClean.log is reporting "(Unwilling to Perform") I cannot find any reference to this message in this situation anywhere ...

Creating charts from formula results
Im trying to create a chart in Excel based on the reult of a column or formula's I wrote. The chart just seems to show the formula as its values, can anyone help? I had a list of employee ages and used a formula to indicate their age bracket (e.g. 16-24, 25-30, 31-40 etc). I now want a bar chart that will show how many employee's are in each bracket. Help is much appreciated asap as its for my job. Thanks in advance. -- Boba Fett ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Boba Fett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo...

icon changes with change of extension

Moving exchange2k3 server machine account from default OU to another...
Hi all. I have an win2k3 std sp1 server with exchange2k3 std sp2 on it. The computer account of the server sits in the default Computers OU, and i want to move it to another computer OU for policy purposes. I have a 2k AD. I understand that this move should go without a problem, maybe a restart of the services afterwards? I'm not going to move any of the objects in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects OU, just the computer account. Any problems that might occur, and would those potential problems be ok if i just move it back to the default OU? -- Gripe On Fri, 19 May 2006 ...

creating mandatory filelds
there are some cells in my worksheet have to be filled if some field are filled. i cant find how to give an error and return back thos fields again to be fille -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hilary, Any such solution can frustrate a user with error messages, unless carefully thought out and implemented. You can use a formula like this, which causes a message to appear in its cell. The cell can be formatted for bold red. =IF(AND(A2="", OR(B2<>"", C2<>"")),"Required information missing","") Or for one formula...

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes