Can't sync with Pocket Money 2004

For a long time, I have successfully synchronized Money 2004 with my
Audiovox Maestro (running Pocket PC 2002).  Today I decided to switch to a
Toshiba e805 (running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition).  I have installed
Pocket Money 2004 on it, but nevertheless ActiveSync refuses to let me
synchronize my desktop Money file with the e805.  ActiveSync lists Microsoft
Money Data as a possible synchronization type, but WITH NO CHECKBOX!

What's wrong?

0
lgmayka000 (11)
2/24/2005 2:46:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Try running salvage (repair) on the dataset on your desktop.

--
Michael Gordon
MVP

"Lawrence G. Mayka" <lgmayka000@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> For a long time, I have successfully synchronized Money 2004 with my
> Audiovox Maestro (running Pocket PC 2002).  Today I decided to switch to a
> Toshiba e805 (running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition).  I have
> installed Pocket Money 2004 on it, but nevertheless ActiveSync refuses to
> let me synchronize my desktop Money file with the e805.  ActiveSync lists
> Microsoft Money Data as a possible synchronization type, but WITH NO
> CHECKBOX!
>
> What's wrong?

0
gordonm (1013)
2/25/2005 1:20:51 AM
"Michael Gordon, MVP" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
> Try running salvage (repair) on the dataset on your desktop.

No, that cannot be the problem, because just now I successfully re-synched
my old Pocket PC.  The problem is not in my data, it's in the behavior of
Pocket Money on the desktop computer (its interaction with ActiveSync,
etc.).

0
lgmayka000 (11)
2/25/2005 3:18:21 AM
I'm confused, Lawrence: by "Pocket Money" I assume you mean the client you
installed on your device, right? IF AS doesn't see it, sometimes removing it
from AS and then reinstalling it (on both the device and desktop) helps.

--

> "Michael Gordon, MVP" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
>> Try running salvage (repair) on the dataset on your desktop.
>
> No, that cannot be the problem, because just now I successfully re-synched
> my old Pocket PC.  The problem is not in my data, it's in the behavior of
> Pocket Money on the desktop computer (its interaction with ActiveSync,
> etc.).

0
gordonm (1013)
2/26/2005 12:57:11 AM
I had the exact same problem and it was because I had installed the program
to a memory card instead of to main program memory. This works for most
programs, but for both MS Money and MS Pocket Streets and Trips (both part of
MS Works Suite 2004) it caused problems.

MS Money ran on my PPC but I was unable to sync; Money showed up in the list
in ActiveSync, but there was no checkbox. If I undocked the PPC, the checkbox
would be available, but it didn't make a difference because as soon as I
plugged it back in the checkbox was no longer available. Streets just froze
my PPC and I had to do a hard reset.

I uninstalled both Money and Pocket Streets and reinstalled them to main
memory and they both work fine now, and I can sync no problem.

"Lawrence G. Mayka" wrote:

> For a long time, I have successfully synchronized Money 2004 with my
> Audiovox Maestro (running Pocket PC 2002).  Today I decided to switch to a
> Toshiba e805 (running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition).  I have installed
> Pocket Money 2004 on it, but nevertheless ActiveSync refuses to let me
> synchronize my desktop Money file with the e805.  ActiveSync lists Microsoft
> Money Data as a possible synchronization type, but WITH NO CHECKBOX!
>
> What's wrong?

0
Diego (10)

Money 2005 Query
Hello all, Is Microsoft Money 2005 Canadian edition going to have Canadian content? Cheers, Per the Fact Sheet (look near the bottom of p. 5) located at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/consumer/money05-materials.asp I'd say Yes. Doug Thompson wrote: > Hello all, > > Is Microsoft Money 2005 Canadian edition going to have Canadian content? > > Cheers, > > ...

Money Banking Services Update.
I am trying to follow the instructions to update the banking services for Money 2007 When I get to the page where I should "Cancel Online Services" if I try to click the OK button...nothing happens. It's as if it's not available. I've tried closing and opening the program. I've tried rebooting. What the h** is going on? Has anyone else had this problem? what else am i supposed to do? Unistall and reintall it? Will that actually stop the services? In microsoft.public.money, Christopher wrote: > I am trying to follow the instructions to update the ba...

Does background banking expire in Money 2003?
I was surprised to read from Microsoft's website that "... downloading transactions from your financial institution, .... expire three years from first use of Microsoft Money 2004 ...". See http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp I am unaware than synchronizing with a bank has an expiration time limit in Money 2003 (Deluxe), does anyone know if this is the case? The EULA would make you think not. The corresponding paragraph says: Money 2003 Deluxe/Business Online Quotes and Roaming features expire the earlier of three (3) years after your activation of the ...

Money 2002 won't start #2
My Money 2002 will not start either. Used it last night. While online, a dos window opened with a bunch of scrolling text mentioning MS Money. Now Money won't open AT ALL. Same thing happened to me. No way to open it at all. Has anyone contacted Microsoft? >-----Original Message----- >My Money 2002 will not start either. Used it last night. >While online, a dos window opened with a bunch of >scrolling text mentioning MS Money. > >Now Money won't open AT ALL. > >. > I have this Same Problem >-----Original Message----- >Same thing happened to ...

ANYONE ELSE? Outlook Issues and Norton Internet Security 2004
Anyone else with issues with Outlook further to installing Norton Internet Security 2004. Error I get: Runtime Error! Progrom C:\program~1\micros~2\office10\OUTLOOK.EXE This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information and also: CiceroUIWndFrame: Outlook.exe - Entry point not found The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL Please advise Thanks Disable the email features in NIS. If that doesn't also end the CiceroUIWndFrame, re...

accounts receivable problem in Money 2003 Deluxe & Business
I converted my Quicken B & P to Money 2003 D & B about 5 months ago. Today, I tried running a Profit & Loss report and discovered the invoice payments from my consulting were not showing in the income column. The account I use to create invoices is not named "Accounts Recievable". 1. How to I check the account type is really A/R? Is that fact that it is an invoice account sufficient proof? 2. When I record payment of an invoice, a deposit is recorded in my Bank Account with the "Special Category" of "Payment for Invoice". Is there something I can/ne...

Two money market accounts
I recently switched from Quicken to Money 2004. I have a brokerage with two different money market funds. In Quicken this was easy because the MMFs were treated as separate accounts. In Money I can't figure out how to set this up. The brokerage account can only have one cash portion. If I set up one MMF as a bank account instead, then Money refused to route downloaded transactions to it, since it knows the transactions deal with an investment. If I set it up as a separate investment account, I can't track checks, EFTs, etc. Is there any way to handle this in Money? Or can the program...

Money 2003 problem with Passport sign-on
I am suddenly unable to sign into MSN Money 2003, using Passport. I get the error message: "Please try your sign-in name and password again." The password is correct - I can sign-in to using my Passport password at MSN Moneycentral, I even reset my password and started using the new one. As, perhaps, a hint to what's going on is that if I try "Forgot Password" link, I get this: Windows cannot find "http://moneycentral.msn.com/money/2003/redir.aspx?mrcid=507" Has the link needed to sign-in changed,or has the link gotten corrupted? If so, how do I correct it...

Money 2005 Automatic Updates are erratic
In Money 2004 I used to always manually update my accounts (click on the link to start the process of getting account transactions, etc.). In Money 2005 if I do this when I first launch the program I usually get yelled at with a dialog box saying that it's already in process or something like that. However, it must only be talking about the stock quotes because it's not doing a thing about my account transactions most of the time. There are times when I get a surprise and Money 2005 has transactions waiting to be reviewed but this seems rare. I have my Customized Update Sche...

MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
Anyone can play for FREE Simply go to the link below and enter you chance to GRAB A GRAND The best thing is...if you introduce anyone esle who plays and if they win... then you win �1000 too! http://www.v-w-d.com/m.asp?m=165219WD&m5=1&rp=R&goto=/vwdguest/ ...

Error Money Encountered a Problem....
I have been using this program for 3 days (Money 2004). I just got it all figured out and my information put in. All of the sudden it crashes and will not start up again. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I think it may be the data file but, dont know where to find it. The error I get is: AppName:msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 00018412 Help! What can I do?? Start by trying to open the sample data file (typically located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money) by double-clicking on it from Windows Explorer. If the sample file works, see http://um...

Upgrade Money 2003 Standard to Money 2007
Currently using Money 2003 standard (Canadian Ed - I think). I'd like to upgrade my product to a current version. Don't think there's a new Canadian edition so I'm wondering which US product I can use? As well, will the files automatically upgrade. Any information or contact numbers would be great start. I *believe* that the data from the Canadian version will work in the US version, but I do not believe that you can buy the US version in Canada. I *think* that you will have to download it from the US site and give a (phony, if necessary) US address in order to b...

Balancing Account with total deposits and payment in 2004
Using 2003, when balancing chkg acct, the total deposits and payments was shown on left column with 'difference' to balance, for each monthly statement. I just upgraded to 2004 and this is gone! It was so helpful to locate an error..can I get this to show up in 2004? Microsoft decided for some reason that most users didn't like to see it. So it went away with no known way to bring it back. It hasn't returned, IIRC. "aytchkay" <aytchkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECB214DC-7AE3-4CD1-A7E2-5A8074D77D24@microsoft.com... > Using 2003, ...

Free/Busy Data Not Available after Jan 2004
Runing 1 site with 3 Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers. When creating meeting requests all Free/Busy data starting on Jan 1 2004 and after is not available for any invited attendees. This is true for Outlook 2000, 2003 clients. Any Ideas would be appreciated. "Jerry Hook" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Runing 1 site with 3 Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers. When >creating meeting requests all Free/Busy data starting on >Jan 1 2004 and after is not available for any invited >attendees. This is true for Outlook 2000, 2003 clients. >Any Ideas would be a...

trial version of money essentials/pie chart
I am using the trial version 2007 money essentials. When I transfer money from my savings, i list it as other income, and i've also tried not an expense category, yet the pie chart still shows this as a large chunk of the expenses. How can I rectify these transfers? In microsoft.public.money, ycaltx wrote: >I am using the trial version 2007 money essentials. When I transfer money >from my savings, i list it as other income, and i've also tried not an >expense category, yet the pie chart still shows this as a large chunk of the >expenses. How can I rectify these ...

Office 2004, opening apps and corrupt fonts
When I try to open either Word or Excel (updated to 11.3.5) on my Mac, I get messages that all these fonts are corrupt. I keep hitting ok, but there seems to be no end to it and it happens each time.<br> <br> I completely reinstalled the software (at the expense of one of my installs) and get the same result. When I check the fonts in the Mac OSX software Font Book, it tells me all the fonts identified by Office as "corrupt" are fine. I did throw out some fonts that Font Book identified as corrupt.<br> <br> Help. I can't use the software like this.<br&g...

Money 2001 Hangs While Updating Financial Info
Since yesterday when I click to get new statements from my credit cards and banks the download just hangs forever before proceeding or never proceeds. Anyone else experience this? Yes, I have Money Plus Premium 2007. In the morning I was OK, but in the afternoon I got error wihen login asking about Windows Live ID. Can use Windows Live Id on this forum in communities/newsgroup but not to get into my money files! Bites as I'm trying to do my taxes!!!!! Andrea "Frank" wrote: > Since yesterday when I click to get new statements from my credit cards and > banks t...

Upgraded to Money 2005 and it freezes
I upgraded my version to 2005 and I cant work in the file. Every time it loads and brings up my accounts and balance, I go into individual accounts and it freezes. I cant even export the data to excel. HELP! ...

Track cash transactions for investment accounts
I can't seem to find a way to track cash transactions in my investment account. The account was setup automatically after an import from the My Money accounts on msn and it's an Etrade account (which is also my main bank account - Etrade complete). The help says the following: Under General Information, select the Track cash transactions check box. But this check box does not exist. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Travis R <Travis R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can't seem to find a way to track cash transactions in my investment >account. The...

Tracking Business Start Up Costs 2004 SBE
According to the IRS, expenses incurred to start a business up until the point of actually opening are not considered regular expenses, but capital costs that must be amortized over 60 months. There seems to be no account type in money 2004 Small Biz. to cleanly track start up costs. So I created a simple asset account which crudely serves this purpose, but I would think Money would have a more elegant way to handle this since this version is more geared for business. Thanks ...

Money will not show downloaded transactions
Since about 6/9/04, I have not been able to see any of my new transactions that has been downloaded from the bank. the Items to review says 3 but nothing shows up in my register. I also just did a .qif download of my register from the bank website and now it shows 18 things to review and still does not show anything in my register any help would be appreciated Glen In microsoft.public.money, Glen wrote: >Since about 6/9/04, I have not been able to see any of my >new transactions that has been downloaded from the bank. >the Items to review says 3 but nothing shows up in my...

Money Invest account "Cash" part
I set up an account for my Vanguard mutual fund in Money 2002. In the mutual fund I have a Vanguard Money Market fund and an Index 500 fund. When I import the transactions into Money, it always consider the Money Market fund to be an "Investment" while in reality it is the equivalent "cash" portion of the Vanguard mutual fund. Is there a way I can tell Money to take Money Market fund transactions into "Cash" portion of the Vanguard fund? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, wj wrote: >I set up an account for my Vanguard mutual fund in Money 2002. In the mutu...

Removing older versions of MS Money
I notice that I have MSMoney 2000 and 2003 in my Add/Remove Programs. I am getting ready to upgrade to 2007 because Money says it won't update my investments any longer. Can I safely remove the MS Money 2000 (I assume it is there because I must have decided to install 2003 in a separate location and then import my money file, rather than simply update MS Money 2000) ? I don't want to do anything to mess up my money file. Also - anything I should be mindful of when upgrading MSMoney 2003 to the 2007 version? Surprises I might not like,etc? Thanks, Mark You shouldn't have a pro...

how do i transfer a dowloaded version of ms money from an old comp
how do i transfer a downloaded version of money from an old computer to my new one? i don't have a disk for it In microsoft.public.money, trp wrote: >how do i transfer a downloaded version of money from an old computer to my >new one? i don't have a disk for it Money 2007? ...

Default Font for Register in Money Deluxe 2004
Using a Dell 19" monitor set to 1280 x 1024 resolution. The font that is used as default for the Check Register is so small that it is practically unreadable. Is there any way to change to a larger font? I realize that font size can be changed in Reports, but I have not found a way to change font in Check Register. I am a long time user of Quicken and this is not a problem in the old Windows 3.1 version. Any thoughts would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Thomas Cox wrote: >Using a Dell 19" monitor set to 1280 x 1024 resolution. >The font that is used as ...