Can't see Credit Card / Transfer category in drop down

I am trying to categorize my account transfers using a non expense/income
category.  The user guide suggests that I use the Credit Card / Transfer
category below the Payee field but the category is not in the drop down.  I
am using Essential Register.  What can I do so these transfers don't get
recorded as expenses?
0
JWH17 (1)
1/17/2008 2:26:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

"JWH17" <JWH17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to categorize my account transfers using a non
>expense/income
> category.  The user guide suggests that I use the Credit Card /
> Transfer
> category below the Payee field but the category is not in the drop
> down.  I
> am using Essential Register.  What can I do so these transfers don't
> get
> recorded as expenses?

Stop using Essential Register.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)

TRansfering Exchange Email into Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange How can this be done. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0079_01CAEB28.DCBCA450 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Just configure Entourage as an Exchange client and Entourage will sync = all the emails available on the user's mailbox. <shaban@officeformac.com> wrote in message = news:59bb7d08.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0... Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X ...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Credit Card batch
When you settle the credit card batch, is there a way to get a batch report to print that sumarizes the different credit card totals? The best you are going to get is the tender summary report. If you use the Validation Masks I gave you for your previous post, the tenders should be correct. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. renae wrote: > When you settle the credit card...

Lost Cost Basis during Account Transfer
I recently transferred an IRA from one broker to another. To account for this transaction in Money 2002, I followed the instructions to completely transfer an account (portfolio screen/record special activity/transfer an account) However, in the new account, the cost basis has completely changed from what it was in the old account. Is there a way to correct the cost basis, or am I just screwed in accounting for the gains in this account??? In microsoft.public.money, jeff wrote: >I recently transferred an IRA from one broker to >another. To account for this transaction in M...

Gift Card Question
How can you put a store credit on a gift card? A customer returns some goods, and I want to put a store credit on the card. It won't let me because there is no money actually coming in. I could refund in cash and then buy the gift card....but is there an easier way? It depends on your gift card program. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Lance wrote: > How can you p...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Trasfers and Credit Card Payments
I currently download all transactions from my bank and do not manually enter trasactions. However, I have to manually classify transactions. I have a chequing, VISA and line of credit account. I transfer money from the chequing into various accounts (and sometimes money from the line of credit into other accounts). How should I classify these transactions? When I used the transfer classification it started to incorrectly adjust account balances. Is there a tutorial or FAQ on using Money or recommended books? When you say "classify" these transactions, I assume you mean &qu...

Transfer of PST file
What is the best way to transfer a pst setting from one computer to another that are connected? Can I just copy from one to the other? Will there be any bad things happen by coping? Help please It would be useful if you at least posted your Outlook version. I would suggest you read the Help Files for the current version: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx ------ Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] GreyTop wrote: > What is the best way to transfer a pst setting from one computer to > another that are connected? > Can I just copy from one to the other? > Will...

16 digit credit card #
Excel will only accept up to 15 digits in a cell. Any ideas on how to enter a 16 digit credfit card #? Thanks. You could try entering it as Text instead - ie, put an apostrophe in front of the digits. "Steve" wrote: > Excel will only accept up to 15 digits in a cell. Any > ideas on how to enter a 16 digit credfit card #? Thanks. > can you enter as text -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

Customize report
Hello Everyone. I am using RMS 2.0. I am trying to get card transaction detail report from system but I dont think this program has it. I need user report showing information in 'tenderentry' table + card type( if possible) How can I create the report and add it to system so user can use it? (What kind of program should I use?) Please let me know. THank you!! There is an existing EDC Report that has this info in store mgr under reports and then misc. -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Alex" <blacksky80@gmail.com&...

refunds or credits in a Split Transaction
Using Money2002, I dont understand how to enter a refund amount when I split a credit card transaction. I entered the total as a minus number, and when I enter all the items in the split transaction dialog, the numbers are added up incorrectly. Enter the total in the debit or credit column of the transaction. (Assuming you are not using transaction forms.) Then in the split, sign every number relative to whether you started with a debit or credit. I.e., if the net amount is a debit and there are credits in the splits, enter them with a minus sign. If the total is a credit and there ar...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

PDK
How does the cost category need to be set up to charge an expense to a project in PDK? When I enter a project onto the Employee Expense the cost categories do not show up in look-up. What does the transaction usage need to be set to? -- Debbie ...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Windows Easy Transfer

Highlight the drop down lists in pivot tables when other than "Sh.
It's difficult to tell if a pivot table is "filtered" by selecting other than "Show All" in a page, row or column element. Suggest you apply the same metaphor you currently use for filtered lists which changes the arrow to blue in the filter icon of a filtered column. Similarly, if other than "Show All" is selected, change the arrow to blue in the drop down list icon. ...

Drop down box issue
I have an excel template file that has drop down boxes for a user to pick certain options. The user picks what they need and then saves the file under a new name. The problem is that when they open that file, they are still able to edit the information within the drop-down box. Is there a way to set this up so that the first time they use the template, the drop down box is available BUT once they save their file, the cells with the drop down box only shows the information they picked and the drop down option is no longer available? Thanks, Jasper ...

Printing business cards #13
I have an existing bus. card file. I want to chage the printing format to print 10 cards to a page from 4. The page layout tab does not have an option for this. I am using publisher in Microsoft Office 2000. If you already have four on the page, print, page options, custom options, side ..75, top.5 zero gaps. Publisher should say it will print 10 per sheet when you click okay. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kenner" <kenner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7120307-A0AA-4690-B97...

Drop Down Boxes #2
I've forgotten how to add drop down boxes in excel. I want to be able to have the user select say apple, orange, bannana and enter it into the cell. I know dumb question just been awhile any help would be appreciated, thx. ...

Balancing problem with Credit Card.
I apologize if this has been covered earrlier, tried doing a search through message for balancing and caame up with nothing, so here goes. I just got money 2004 and was downloading my balances from my credit caard from the band website. That worked fine but what I noticed is that when I try to reconcile it won't work right. I start out with a negative balance ( ex. (4500.00)) and what I notice is happening is anytime there is a credit/payment it's making the balance larger and when a charge is inputed it's making the balance smaller. I tried changing one of the payments b...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Credit Memo Incorrect Dates
Ok, I would like followup advice as well as want to pass along what I found. Someone mistyped the date when processing some Credit Memos. They put the wrong year. The accounting department had them reenter because they were posted with the future date, they could not void the incorrectly dated transactions. I found that Credit Memo information is stored in PM20000 and PM00400. Fields DOCDATE (both) and Tax_Date (PM20000). After adjusting those dates, they were able to void the transactions and the accounts balanced. Anything else needed to correct? Yes, your GL. Look for the transacti...