Can't perform online operations with Money 2006

     I'm a newbie to MS Money 2006.  Everything has been going along fine.
Then today when I tried to sign in on the "Sign in to open your Money file"
page I get a popup that says:

     "Money could not verify your sign-in information,  You can use some
Money features, but you can't get online updates or perform other online
tasks in Money.  To regain access to Money's online features, close Money,
reopen it and then try signing in again."

     Closing Money then reopening it doesn't solve the problem.  There is no
suggestion for an alternate "Solution".  Internet Explorer says that my
connection to the internet is working fine.

     As you might imagine the first thing I tried to do required an online
operatrion.  Can anybody help me reenable money's' online features.

                                                      Don J

dej8801 (23)
11/18/2006 1:54:09 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I am using money 2007 and I cant access my online services either. I am
thinking there is a problem with the MSN network somewhere even though it
says it's up.

"Don J" wrote:

>      I'm a newbie to MS Money 2006.  Everything has been going along fine.
> Then today when I tried to sign in on the "Sign in to open your Money file"
> page I get a popup that says:
>
>      "Money could not verify your sign-in information,  You can use some
> Money features, but you can't get online updates or perform other online
> tasks in Money.  To regain access to Money's online features, close Money,
> reopen it and then try signing in again."
>
>      Closing Money then reopening it doesn't solve the problem.  There is no
> suggestion for an alternate "Solution".  Internet Explorer says that my
> connection to the internet is working fine.
>
>      As you might imagine the first thing I tried to do required an online
> operatrion.  Can anybody help me reenable money's' online features.
>
>                                                       Don J

jp (62)
11/18/2006 2:38:01 AM
In my experience, this is almost always a server problem on their end.
However, everyone should record their issues here so that we reinforce each
other, and so that eventually it becomes an embarassment to the team
responsible; I don't really think MS as a corp cares too much about one or
two outliers  like us.  but when the list gets to thirty or forty, they may
take notice.
--

William L. Oppenheim, MD
***************************************

IMPORTANT WARNING:  These documents are intended for the use of the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please inform me by return e-mail and delete this
message from your computer.
"JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using money 2007 and I cant access my online services either. I am
> thinking there is a problem with the MSN network somewhere even though it
> says it's up.
>
> "Don J" wrote:
>
>>      I'm a newbie to MS Money 2006.  Everything has been going along
>> fine.
>> Then today when I tried to sign in on the "Sign in to open your Money
>> file"
>> page I get a popup that says:
>>
>>      "Money could not verify your sign-in information,  You can use some
>> Money features, but you can't get online updates or perform other online
>> tasks in Money.  To regain access to Money's online features, close
>> Money,
>> reopen it and then try signing in again."
>>
>>      Closing Money then reopening it doesn't solve the problem.  There is
>> no
>> suggestion for an alternate "Solution".  Internet Explorer says that my
>> connection to the internet is working fine.
>>
>>      As you might imagine the first thing I tried to do required an
>> online
>> operatrion.  Can anybody help me reenable money's' online features.
>>
>>                                                       Don J

woppenhe (160)
11/18/2006 4:49:55 AM
See http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"Don J" <dej8801@comcast.net> wrote in message
>     I'm a newbie to MS Money 2006.  Everything has been going along fine.
> Then today when I tried to sign in on the "Sign in to open your Money
> file"
> page I get a popup that says:
>
>     "Money could not verify your sign-in information,  You can use some
> Money features, but you can't get online updates or perform other online
> tasks in Money.  To regain access to Money's online features, close Money,
> reopen it and then try signing in again."
>
>     Closing Money then reopening it doesn't solve the problem.  There is
> no
> suggestion for an alternate "Solution".  Internet Explorer says that my
> connection to the internet is working fine.
>
>     As you might imagine the first thing I tried to do required an online
> operatrion.  Can anybody help me reenable money's' online features.
>
>                                                      Don J

bob_peel2056 (736)
11/18/2006 3:04:06 PM
Can't find anything on the site you reference.  Can you be a little more
specific?

                                                            Don J

"Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in message
> See http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "Don J" <dej8801@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>     I'm a newbie to MS Money 2006.  Everything has been going along fine.
>> Then today when I tried to sign in on the "Sign in to open your Money
>> file"
>> page I get a popup that says:
>>
>>     "Money could not verify your sign-in information,  You can use some
>> Money features, but you can't get online updates or perform other online
>> tasks in Money.  To regain access to Money's online features, close
>> Money,
>> reopen it and then try signing in again."
>>
>>     Closing Money then reopening it doesn't solve the problem.  There is
>> no
>> suggestion for an alternate "Solution".  Internet Explorer says that my
>> connection to the internet is working fine.
>>
>>     As you might imagine the first thing I tried to do required an online
>> operatrion.  Can anybody help me reenable money's' online features.
>>
>>                                                      Don J

dej8801 (23)
11/18/2006 4:40:46 PM
Towards the bottom, under scheduled events.

The MSN sites related to Money and required for online update were revised
starting Friday. During that time, you could not connect. You should be
able to now, unless using Win98 or WinME. I'm not sure that remaining issue
affects all 98/ME users, or only some.

MSN Money web-site update (COMPLETED)
When: November 17, 2006, starting around 10 AM (Pacific)
Effect:
  Some features were not be available during the site update. These
include:
  My Accounts
  Portfolio
  GainsKeeper
  Notifications
  Passport sign-in to Microsoft Money
All services and features have been restored.

> Can't find anything on the site you reference.  Can you be a little more
> specific?

0
spam_magnet (1210)

Money 2006 to Money Plus Issues
i recently received an messaage in money 2006 indicating my financial transaction download capabilities had expired so i need to purchase the new version of Money Plus (2008). When i installed money plus and attempted to run it, it attempted to begin conversion on my database (.mny) file. i received the message, "money has stopped working" before the conversion completed. i reinstalled version 2006, but much of the software is not functional (i.e. reports and budget). There is a message indicating the features are not available and download is only 1% complete. how do i g...

performances
performances Hi, I am writing c++ application in vc++ 6 the application use a lot of cpu processing (math calculations), I am running the application on Win-XP, p-4 2.8 HT! What is the best way to compile my application so it will run faster? What are the best ways to write or build my application for faster running? What i the different betwine processor type Blend* inn the C/C++ tab of the project setting and the other option??? Thanks! "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eY8jUE38EHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > performances > > Hi, > I am wr...

Online update Extremely slow !!
I've set up my accounts to sync with Msmoney Central using a Windows Live ID.The sync takes hours and nearly a day.This is useless, I want to go back but it won't let me take my accounts off the server until it's done ? Whate could be wrong here ? Thanls Alan ...

Unable to Open Money 2004 Post SP2 Install
After installing Service Pack 2 for Windows XP, I am unable to open MS Money 2004. When I attempt to open the application, I immediately receive a error report message to send to Microsoft. After looking through the support pages, I've found nothing that addresses this issue. If others are having this issue, please post and hopefully it can be fixed shortly. Thanks, -- Clinton Fitch Partner C3 Technology http://www.c3-technology.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C47F21.775EB400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1&quo...

vba macro to perform custom reporting -transpose from rows to columns
I have one workbook and two sheets 1 sheet has data for automated test scenarios that may be run up to 3 time if they don't pass on the first or second try Sheet1: TestSet Test Result reason if failed 1 pass 2 pass 3 pass 4 fail x 4 fail y 4 fail z I want to create a summary report that looks like Sheet2 for the Sheet1 logs above test run1 result test run2 result test run 3result Sheet2 Testset result1 result2 result3 1 pass 2 pass 3 pass 4 fail fail fail So if a testset is executed more ...

How I stopped Money 2007 from crashing
All, In case anyone else has problems with Money crashing unexpectedly, here's a tip that might help someone. I upgraded from 2005 to 2007 and noticed that going to the Lifetime planner would cause a crash. After the 5th time or so, I decided to take action. As a software engineer, I have Visual Studio on my computer. I followed the tip at http://www.hanselman.com/blog/SetUpYourSystemToUseMicrosoftsPublicSymbolServer.aspx to download the debugging symbols for Microsoft libraries. This basically helps the debugger understand Microsoft's libraries better to know which functions are b...

KB for Performance Optimizer trouble
In the process of moving EDB files from a crashed server to a new server built with same name, etc, but different platform (from NT to W2K Sp4) I found the Performance Optimizer would not allow me to move files to different volumes. A quick google search showed because of SP4 I needed to contact Microsoft for the patch but when I called they said I needed the KB article and I searched and searched and even none of the 'MVP' replies saying 'contact microsoft' had the KB number. After having the MS rep hold the line while I was scouring google and retrying the process to get the ...

Money Small Business 2004 #3
Is anyone aware on how to change, if possible, the inventory cost methodology from average to FIFO? Also, what values make up 'unresolved equity'? And lastly, a simple way of making the equivalent of a journal entry? Thanks in advance. ...

Business Contact Manager, performance sacrifices?
I'm hoping we can all learn a little about Business Contact Manager... After some initial difficulties that were resolved by 1.5 hours with Microsoft and some great ideas from Patricia Cardoza's new book, I've got Business Contact Manager running smoothly. That's a good thing because I provide support and training in Outlook to clients and want to be able to recommend this new add-on. But is it ready to recommend? Here are two things that seriously bother me: my contacts take so much longer to load and sort. Searching from the "Find a Contact" box formerly t...

Money Already Running
Money Already Running - is there a fix yet? I've read a few Posts but nothing aside from using Task Manager to quit the Money process. Does ending money this way destroy my data or just end the process of Money hanging? It just ends the process. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Andrew" <justme@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:431c77f6$1_1@newsfeed.slurp.net... > Money Already Running - is there a fix yet? > > I've read a few Posts but nothing aside from using Task Manager to quit > the Money process. Does ending money this way destroy my data or just ...

2005
OK, I should have read the groups first before upgrading to M05. But the dirty deed is done and I am at least finding it usable if not as robust and feature rich as M04. However, occasionally it fails to shut down properly. The application window disappears but the process is still running. When I try to run Money 2005 again I get a small dialog box which states simply "Money is already running" with the only option being to click an OK button. All I can do at that point is pull up task manager (this is on Windows XP with SP2) and kill the msmoney.exe process. It doesn't hap...

E2K3 Performance
My E2K3 server is having an occasional lag time in processing and would like some ideas on where to look at improving performance. 2.4 Xeon processor 1.3 Gb RAM Lot's of disk space Page Files are c: 1920 - 4096 and d: the same (seems incorrect, maybe should be static value?) When checking the running system, CPU is at 4% and pagefile is at 1.64 Gb. It's a low use server, less than 100 mailboxes and a backend to OWA out front. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks. ...

Payee Name from Online Banking
Hi, I've just started using Money 2005 to download statements from my Bank of America accounts. When I first set this up the transactions were downloaded with no details in the Payee Name field, apart from ATM transactions. Having changed the settings I've managed to get some information downladed to the Payee field, but all I get is "PURCHASE 123456789...", and not the followng line from my transaction which includes the actual name of the payee. I'm really hoping I'm doing something wrong here and I can download this crucial information, can anyone offer an...

Macros -- Why not implement them in Store Operations Manager?
Macros are apparently only intended to work in Store Operations POS. It would make initial data loading and setup much better is they worked in Store Operations Manager. Thanks Kent Smith ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busines...

Perform function...if?
Hi I have a workbook that I'm continually adding data to daily. and I also have another workbook that I want to perform calculations, but I only want the calculations performed IF there is data in the first workbook... Here are the two formulas the way they are now... ='Stock Return Data'!J24*0.25 ='Stock Return Data'!J24-'Tax Data'!A14 How can I tell both these functions, to only perform if there is data on the original worksheet? Thanks, Confused Man Hi try =IF('Stock Return Data'!J24<>"",'Stock Return Data'!J24*0.25,"&...

iesample performance in CEPC is slow
I have created a CEPC by using Wince 6 and when i browse INTERNET the speed is very slow with compare to standard Windows 7 running X86 machine. (The test carried out in the same machine) . For both case i use the Internet Explorer to browse the net. Is there any method to improve the performance of IE sample browser. Huh? What hardware are you comparing to what hardware? You don't seriously expect a Windows 7 dual-core 3.3GHz processor running 4GB of RAM with a high-performance display chip/driver to be comparable to a 900MHz ATOM processor with 256MB of RAM and a VGA F...

Money 2006 will not open
I've been running Money 2006 on Windows 2000 for about a month or two. I have had zero problems with this until earlier this week when I came home and started to perform my evening routine. I guess it started when I tried to sync with my hand held... I also opened up Money to get ready to pay for some bills, and Money locked up on me. Then my hand held told me it could not synchronize the money data. I found out that my data drive was not being read. I removed the drive and am working on getting that fixed, but in the meantime I decided to recover my money file so I could con...

Online job needed Virtual Assistant
Online job needed Virtual Assistant An expert writer of a high dense visitors and popular article site offers to recruit a virtual assistant.Your job is to receive and sending e-mails.The knowedge in Microsoft Outlook is strongly recommended.Your good and accurate typing speed with ba sic knowedge of english can recover yourself from agony of unemployment. visit: http://classifieds.byindia.com/detail.php?siteid=6255&cityid=139&show_still=1&citydetail=1 General details Sold by John Martin Email jobinfoway@gmail.com ...

Online updates without using passport
Hello, Is there a way to use online updates without using passport? I'm not asking about file downloads - I want msmoney to connect directly to my newly opened citibank accounts and download account transactions whenever I select the on-line updates option. This works fine for the accounts I've set up in earlier versions, but using passport and publishing your account information to the web seems to be compulsary for any new accounts. I'm not comfortable with publishing all my financial information on the internet, regardless of how secure that might be, or regardless of wh...

Error Message
I've started getting the following message each time I sign on to money. Due to Changes in your Money file, the saved version of the "Portfolio Value by Investment Account" report is no longer valid. Money has attempted to reset the report, but you should reset it manually to avoid unreliable information. I've tried to reset the report manually but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas / solutions ? In microsoft.public.money, greggoz wrote: >I've started getting the following message each time I >sign on to money. > > Due to Changes in your Money fil...

Excel performance slowly
Dear All, We have a license for MS office XP professional but anybody have a problem like us. It's very slow in network when we use a icon tools bar or pooldown menu function. We upgrade our Office XP version to service pack 3 ready. Some computers in our factory have a problem like slowly but some have not. We does not know how to solve this problem. Best Regards, Songphan C. IT Manager MPO ASIA Co.,LTD. songphan@mpoasia.com Hi only some general ideas: - clear the temp directory, reboot and try again - virus scanner could cause this behaviour -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, ...

Interactive online VBA training recommendations?
Does anyone have any recommendations on interactive online or CD training courses for VBA? I appreciate any suggestions and or comments on any programs that you are aware of, whether they be positive or negative. Thank you. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Try the following links, the first is particularly recommended http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/ExcelV...

Money support ends at the end of 2011 January 31.
In case somebody is monitoring here and not at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/threads take action now for anything that might involve downloads from Microsoft for a solution. ....just in case you missed it or postponed acting. ...

online defrag timeframes...
I reconfigured the "Database Maintenaance" time to a "custom schedule" so that the on-line defrag of the Exchange database would not interfere with the Exchange backups being run nightly... The custom schedule I picked was to run between 9:00pm and 1:00am... However, when I look in the application event log for Source: ESE Category: Online Defragmentation, I see may entries in there. Some begin at 1:00am (none any earlier...) and I only see the pub1 database being defragged - never the priv1??? It appears that the defrag process on PUB1.edb started and completed 5 ...