Can't open 'my money.mny' in Money 2005

I bought a new PC last week, reinstalled Money 2005, and now I cannot access
my carefully backed up money file transferred from the old PC and which
contains several years worth of accounts.  I'd be grateful for any help!

Phil

The message I get is:

"Money cannot locate 'my.money.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it
was a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your
disk drive is write-protected.

If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need
to click OK and open your most recent backup file.

If the file is being used by another application, close it in the other
application and click OK to try again."

0
PhilSE1 (2)
4/9/2006 12:05:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=177.

"PhilSE1" <PhilSE1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a new PC last week, reinstalled Money 2005, and now I cannot
>access
> my carefully backed up money file transferred from the old PC and which
> contains several years worth of accounts.  I'd be grateful for any help!
>
> Phil
>
> The message I get is:
>
> "Money cannot locate 'my.money.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it
> was a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your
> disk drive is write-protected.
>
> If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will
> need
> to click OK and open your most recent backup file.
>
> If the file is being used by another application, close it in the other
> application and click OK to try again."

Thanks for your help, Dick.  That sorted things out :-)

Phil

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=177.

0
PhilSE1 (2)

Void All Open Orders in a Batch
Hello, Is there a quick way to void a Batch full of Open Orders? We had an EDI data error, which generated over two hundred 'ghost' copies of one hundred legit Sales Orders. I've moved the good Orders to a new batch, and do not want to sit here and manually Void the 'ghosts'. Thanks There is no way to void a whole batch. One workaround, if you are confident that all orders in this batch are 'ghosts', is to allow deletion of orders (in Sales Order Processing Setup), delete the entire batch, then disallow the deletion again. No record is kept of deleted tra...

HowTo: Open IE without MenuBar ???
Hi NG, Does somebody know how I can open "iexplore.exe" without any tool- or menubar??? ShellExecute() doesn't work i think !? Thanks & rgds Torsten Run iexplore in the kiosk mode by passing the '-k' parameter. Something like { TCHAR sBrowser[MAX_PATH+1] = {0}; TCHAR sTempFile[MAX_PATH+1] = {0}; GetTempPath( MAX_PATH, sTempFile ); _tcscat( sTempFile, TEXT("abcd1.htm") ); if ( GetFileAttributes( sTempFile ) == DWORD(-1) ) { // if the file is not present, then create it. CFile aFile; aFile.O...

If activity still open move to a new case
Hello, could someone tell me if this is possible... In a case if there is not enough enough time to complete all set activities in the case I want to be able to close the case and export the open activities to a new case. is it possible? Regards Ian ...

Error Opening Reports Node on New Installation.
We had a pretty uneventful CRM installation, the product installed on the first attempt with no errors, and all aspects of it appear to operate correctly with the exception of Reports. When opening the reports node in CRM, we were getting the ever so useful "An Error has occurred, please contact your system administrator". I enabled verbose error messages in the web.config file and captured the followng error message. ========= Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. --------------------------------------------------------------------...

MS Money Plus Deluxe
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8D7B8.10B12BE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am currently using version 17.0.120.1415 and after closing Money, = mnybbsvc.exe continues running. Within the task manager, this is = utilizing, frequently, 98% of my resources. Is there something that can = be set so that this executable is shut down automatically when the = program closes? --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8D7B8.10B12BE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859...

Opening Mulitiple Tabs In Pivot & Setting Print Area
Hi-All, Newbie here---- Is there a way to open multiple tabs of information in a pivot table at the same time, do a select all, and then select a print area or am I going about this the wrong way. I have a pivot table that I am working with and when you click on certain cells it displays additional sheets of information i.e. name, address, phone, etc..., but I only need parts of the individual sheets(name & phone numbers). There must be 500 cells on the pivot table that have to be opened to obtain the information I need, so you can see how time consuming it could get to try to click on...

This broke my microsoft money!
Business at the speed of thought is now online! One thing before we begin: I would just like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this priceless and totally valuable report. I know you're very busy and I want you to know straight off that I VALUE YOUR TIME. So let's start now... (now find your freedom in this page!) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- People are shocked when at the beginning I recommend, 'DON'T BELIEVE A WORD I SAY.' Why would I suggest that? Because I can only come from my own experien...

Fwd: Re: MS Money
Apologize if this is double posted... I sent this message yesterday and it still has not shown up on my news server today, so I'm sending again. bj -------- Original Message -------- Dick Watson wrote: > The OEM Works product may differ from the retail one and the OEMs may be > "free to install it their way". > That's what I guessed after reading that last response quoting MS about the "Works Suite". > At any rate, Money Standard pretty much stopped existing somewhere along the > way and was replaced with the incredibly...

MsMpEng.exe slowing down the opening of folders
Hi, I recently reinstalled the OS on my 2005 Compaq from their disk set for making the laptop look like it just came out of the box. I had previously downloaded the install package for microsoft security essentials, and before going online, I used the Norton removal package to remove all traces of that, then installed MSE, then went online. The system has generally worked well since then. Occasionally, a folder is very slow to display its contents after a reboot. Looking at the task manager process list, I see MsMpEng.exe has a high CPU usage. Googleing MsMpEng.exe return...

problem with creating mat files from C++ (visual studio 2005)
Hi, I am having trouble creating mat files from my visual studio 2005 express. For example, the matcreat.c file that is given as an example in the mathworks site, produced 13 linking errors of this type: 1>Linking... 1>matcreat.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mxGetString referenced in function _main (...) this happened although I set up the VC++ directories for include files and libraries to point to the matlab\extern\include and matlab\extern\lib\ respectively. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you ilias PS. Some secondary questions I have: (a) mex -setup...

SQL Server 2000/MSDE/SQL 2005 Express mixed environment REDUX
I don't consider myself stupid, but when it comes to making a managed post apparently I have some sort of mental block or something. Hopefully this time I'll have better luck... Originally posted on 8/1/06: --------------------------------- In my network, HQ & Store Ops for one store run on SQL Server 2000 (part of SBS 2003). The registers & office pcs in that bldg all run MSDE. In store two, the server (Windows Server 2003 Std) hosts Store Ops with MSDE and all the registers & PCs run MSDE. I just rolled out store three (just like store two), and again used MSDE ever...

Money 2005 Premium Install Problem
I'm trying to install Money 2005 Premium on a freshly installed WinXP SP2 system. The installer immediately quits complaining that you must have administrator or power user priviliges to install. The account I'm using is indeed an administrator. I've tried logging in as 'administrator' as well, and it does not help. I've also tried creating a new account and giving it admin rights, adding power user to my existing account, removing and readding admin rights, creating a power user, and making an account with both power user and admin rights -- none of it helps. The ...

Playing my burned CD on my 2005 Ford Freestar CD player
Hello. I burned a song on a CD on my computer and tried to play it on my 2005 Ford Freestar CD player and received a message "Check CD." I know the CD works because it played back on my computer. Is there a certain way I have to burn the CD to get it to play on my car radio. Thanks for the help. -- none What version of WMP and Windows? Perhaps the CD was burned as a data CD instead of as an audio CD? Data CDs can be played on a PC, but most normal CD players don't support them. In WMP, click the little arrow right below the Burn button at the top, and make ...

outlook is default but express opens links
Hi, I have outlook 2003 it is set as my default mail, it works fine except for when I'm on a site that has a hyperlink to an email address. When I click the link Outlook express opens instead of Outlook. How can I fix this problem....I've look in tools in both outlook and outlook express and it all seems to be correct. WHat am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help! What operating system are your running? Open My Computer Select Tools | Folder Options | File Types Scroll through the list and select the entry for URL:MailTo Protocol Select Advanced | Edit The data in the...

Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.
There are two erros that I am continually receiving when attempting to configure a new user in Outlook 2007 1. I get the Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. A) this is resolved by the resetting the nav pane the second error is 2. Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe VBscript.dll to self register. An error occurred while creating a form. After running "Regsvr32.exe VBScript.dll" I am looped back to the first error. I have ran "msiexec /i <product guid>.msi ADDLOCAL=Outlook VBScript /qb" and ...

Publisher will not open #2
Hello there when I go to open ms publisher 98 it says windows low on memory and close some programs and try again!! I have 256 meg ram and 20 gig hard drive that isnt the problem I do not think ?? please help Anthony Anthony Farmer wrote: > Hello there when I go to open ms publisher 98 it says > windows low on memory and close some programs and try > again!! I have 256 meg ram and 20 gig hard drive that > isnt the problem I do not think ?? please help > Anthony ==================================== Below is a copy of a message and a reply that I have saved in my files. I don...

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

Outlook 2007 starts to open, then disappears. No error messages.
Outlook 2007 starts to open, then disappears. No error messages. I recently did some "clean up" things using Glary Utilities, like registry cleaner, duplicate file remover, registry defrag, C drive defrag. I have 4 email addresses coming into Outlook. 3 are POP, one is exchange. My other Office programs are working fine. It is strange that there isn't an error message. I have done an Office diagnostics and Windows update. -- Thanks so much! You don't say what O/S you're using but first verify that Outlook is not running in the Task Manager, check ...

Download 2005
Bought and downloaded money 05. Keep getting the error message that setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run money. Try installing money again. Tried and tried and tried. Will not work. Called support-on hold for 30 mins. no answer. Now what? Have you uninstalled it first, then reinstalled? "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D6D109-E64F-4C94-8F1E-E71E2BB0ABD7@microsoft.com... > Bought and downloaded money 05. Keep getting the error message that setup > was > unable to install some of the components needed t...

i cant open a file for editing?
when i open a file, i cant edit? If this is a question, you have provided very little detail to assist with helping you. What prevents you from editing? What is the error message you get? Is the sheet protected with cells locked? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:49:02 -0800, caroline <caroline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when i open a file, i cant edit? ...

Apps take a very long time to open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hi It seems the the new office takes forever to open. Is there a secret to speed it up. Also PowerPoint crashes all the time....please advise Before any suggestions can be made you need to specify your exact current update levels of both Office & OS X. Some idea of your Mac's specs would also be useful. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 6/13/09 1:52 PM, in article 59b76786.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jifca@officeformac.com" <jifca@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 &...

"Explorer /select" to select file in already-opened window
Hi, I need to programatically select/highlight a file in Windows Explorer. "Explorer /select,x:\path\to\file" works if the folder window is NOT already open, but it has no effect if the folder window is already open. I would rather not use /n to open yet another new Explorer window of the same folder. Is it possible to select a file regardless of whether the folder window is already open? Is there a Windows API for it? Thanks. ...

Experiences upgrading Money 2004 to 2006
I upgraded to Money 2006 from 2004 because I could not resolve 'Starting Balance Discrepancy' problem. I have had these before and managed to fix them by forcing the balance to the right value but even Cal Learner's technique did not work: >If you wish to start fresh and declare an account balanced, you can >mark all entries balanced. Select to show only unreconciled >transactions. Sort by date, and go to the oldest transaction. >Hold down Cntl+Shift+M and let auto-repeat work thru the >transactions until none are left showing. Then balance making the >startin...

Money 2003 Won't Start
I can not get Money 2003 to start no matter what I try. I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled it repeatedly to no avail. I also have deleted all Money directories and nothing works. Since I am on XP, I get a messgae indicating that Money has encountered an error and must restart. Restarting does not help - I get the same message. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. Suggestion: Step 1: Attempt to start money in safe mode. How to acccess safe mode: Step 1: When you see starting Windows XP, press the F8 key Step 2: Select Safe mode Step 3: Start Money If Money open ...

budget money deluxe 2004
under my budget it lists my auto insurance twice or double the amount. its under the first page where it lists the budgeted amounts and how much has been allocated to that item for the month, yet my budget at the end of the budget screens balances? anybody knows whats up? I also get an expense budget item duplicated when I view the completed budget. If I go back to the expense set up it shows only once, but viewing the monthly budget shows the amount doubled. If anyone else is experiencing this problem please post your situation to this message. Perhaps if enough people report thi...