can't open mny2005 file in MSmoney2008

I'm at my wits end! could anyone please help??here is my problem.

I have been using money since 6.0 (1998). Every year i have been creating
new seperate files. 98,99,2000.2001,2002,2003 etc.

I have since upgraded to MSMONEY 2005 (14.0.120.xxxx) which is the US version.

We had to format the computer because of a crash. Fortunately, we backup the
mny files.

We were able to open ALL the files in MSMONEY 2005 (thus being able to
convert them to the MNY2005 version).

As microsoft is ending production of MSMONEY we decided to move to QUICKEN.
Knowing there is a built-in converter path from MONEY 2008 to QUICKEN10 we
tried to install trail MSmoney 2008 home & office. The install went fine BUT
the MNY2005 files would NOT open in MSMONEY2008 citing "Money can't open this
file because it was created using a different version of Money."

From reading all the messenges, the "upgrade" should not be an issue IF
MSMONEY 2005 was a U.S version. (which it is).

As i see it this is the path....
MSMONEY deluxe 2005 (US) >> MSMONEY trail home & offce 2008 (US) >> Quicken10

Could someone please shade some light on this problem??

Why cant mny2006 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?!

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Why do you create a new file every year?

"Kervs" <Kervs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm at my wits end! could anyone please help??here is my problem.
>
> I have been using money since 6.0 (1998). Every year i have been creating
> new seperate files. 98,99,2000.2001,2002,2003 etc.
>
> I have since upgraded to MSMONEY 2005 (14.0.120.xxxx) which is the US
> version.
>
> We had to format the computer because of a crash. Fortunately, we backup
> the
> mny files.
>
> We were able to open ALL the files in MSMONEY 2005 (thus being able to
> convert them to the MNY2005 version).
>
> As microsoft is ending production of MSMONEY we decided to move to
> QUICKEN.
> Knowing there is a built-in converter path from MONEY 2008 to QUICKEN10 we
> tried to install trail MSmoney 2008 home & office. The install went fine
> BUT
> the MNY2005 files would NOT open in MSMONEY2008 citing "Money can't open
> this
> file because it was created using a different version of Money."
>
> From reading all the messenges, the "upgrade" should not be an issue IF
> MSMONEY 2005 was a U.S version. (which it is).
>
> As i see it this is the path....
> MSMONEY deluxe 2005 (US) >> MSMONEY trail home & offce 2008 (US) >>
> Quicken10
>
> Could someone please shade some light on this problem??
>
> Why cant mny2006 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?!

0
Cindy
11/10/2009 10:46:32 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Kervs wrote:

>I'm at my wits end! could anyone please help??here is my problem.
>
>I have been using money since 6.0 (1998). Every year i have been creating
>new seperate files. 98,99,2000.2001,2002,2003 etc.
>
>I have since upgraded to MSMONEY 2005 (14.0.120.xxxx) which is the US version.
>
>We had to format the computer because of a crash. Fortunately, we backup the
>mny files.
>
>We were able to open ALL the files in MSMONEY 2005 (thus being able to
>convert them to the MNY2005 version).
>
>As microsoft is ending production of MSMONEY we decided to move to QUICKEN.
>Knowing there is a built-in converter path from MONEY 2008 to QUICKEN10 we
>tried to install trail MSmoney 2008 home & office. The install went fine BUT
>the MNY2005 files would NOT open in MSMONEY2008 citing "Money can't open this
>file because it was created using a different version of Money."
>
>From reading all the messenges, the "upgrade" should not be an issue IF
>MSMONEY 2005 was a U.S version. (which it is).
>
>As i see it this is the path....
>MSMONEY deluxe 2005 (US) >> MSMONEY trail home & offce 2008 (US) >> Quicken10
>
>Could someone please shade some light on this problem??
>
>Why cant mny2006 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?!

When you say "mny2006", what do you mean? Are you referring to
Microsoft Money 2006, or one of your data files called mny2006.mny?

It is not really clear what your current situation is. I suspect you
installed the Money Plus trial in order to do the conversion to
Quicken. In the process you may have uninstalled Money 2005, and
later reinstalled Money 2005. Is that your situation?

Or are you saying that the Money Plus Business trial version would
not open one of your *.mny files, and therefore you could not
convert that file to Quicken?

0
Cal
11/10/2009 10:59:12 PM
Thanks for replying Cal Learner.

I do apologize about my last sentence. What i meant is ..
"Why cant mny2005 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?! "

To clarify... i am unable to open my mny2005 files in MONEY2007 or MONEY
2008.( i have tried installing both Money2007/2008) I get the message..
"Money can't open this file because it was created using a different version
of Money."

Whilst installing MONEY 2007 /2008, I didn't uninstall it MONEY 2005.

In summary you hit the nail on the head...
Money Plus Business trial version would not open one of my *.mny files, and
therefore I could not convert that file to Quicken

Kervs

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Kervs wrote:
>
> >I'm at my wits end! could anyone please help??here is my problem.
> >
> >I have been using money since 6.0 (1998). Every year i have been creating
> >new seperate files. 98,99,2000.2001,2002,2003 etc.
> >
> >I have since upgraded to MSMONEY 2005 (14.0.120.xxxx) which is the US version.
> >
> >We had to format the computer because of a crash. Fortunately, we backup the
> >mny files.
> >
> >We were able to open ALL the files in MSMONEY 2005 (thus being able to
> >convert them to the MNY2005 version).
> >
> >As microsoft is ending production of MSMONEY we decided to move to QUICKEN.
> >Knowing there is a built-in converter path from MONEY 2008 to QUICKEN10 we
> >tried to install trail MSmoney 2008 home & office. The install went fine BUT
> >the MNY2005 files would NOT open in MSMONEY2008 citing "Money can't open this
> >file because it was created using a different version of Money."
> >
> >From reading all the messenges, the "upgrade" should not be an issue IF
> >MSMONEY 2005 was a U.S version. (which it is).
> >
> >As i see it this is the path....
> >MSMONEY deluxe 2005 (US) >> MSMONEY trail home & offce 2008 (US) >> Quicken10
> >
> >Could someone please shade some light on this problem??
> >
> >Why cant mny2006 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?!
> >

> When you say "mny2006", what do you mean? Are you referring to
> Microsoft Money 2006, or one of your data files called mny2006.mny?
>
> It is not really clear what your current situation is. I suspect you
> installed the Money Plus trial in order to do the conversion to
> Quicken. In the process you may have uninstalled Money 2005, and
> later reinstalled Money 2005. Is that your situation?
>
> Or are you saying that the Money Plus Business trial version would
> not open one of your *.mny files, and therefore you could not
> convert that file to Quicken?
>
> .

Hi Cindy,
Actually, it wasnt me that created it that way. It was my buddy.

Kervs.

"Cindy Conover" wrote:

> Why do you create a new file every year?
>
> "Kervs" <Kervs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm at my wits end! could anyone please help??here is my problem.
> >
> > I have been using money since 6.0 (1998). Every year i have been creating
> > new seperate files. 98,99,2000.2001,2002,2003 etc.
> >
> > I have since upgraded to MSMONEY 2005 (14.0.120.xxxx) which is the US
> > version.
> >
> > We had to format the computer because of a crash. Fortunately, we backup
> > the
> > mny files.
> >
> > We were able to open ALL the files in MSMONEY 2005 (thus being able to
> > convert them to the MNY2005 version).
> >
> > As microsoft is ending production of MSMONEY we decided to move to
> > QUICKEN.
> > Knowing there is a built-in converter path from MONEY 2008 to QUICKEN10 we
> > tried to install trail MSmoney 2008 home & office. The install went fine
> > BUT
> > the MNY2005 files would NOT open in MSMONEY2008 citing "Money can't open
> > this
> > file because it was created using a different version of Money."
> >
> > From reading all the messenges, the "upgrade" should not be an issue IF
> > MSMONEY 2005 was a U.S version. (which it is).
> >
> > As i see it this is the path....
> > MSMONEY deluxe 2005 (US) >> MSMONEY trail home & offce 2008 (US) >>
> > Quicken10
> >
> > Could someone please shade some light on this problem??
> >
> > Why cant mny2006 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?!

In microsoft.public.money, Kervs wrote:

>Thanks for replying Cal Learner.
>
>I do apologize about my last sentence. What i meant is ..
>"Why cant mny2005 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?! "
>
>To clarify... i am unable to open my mny2005 files in MONEY2007 or MONEY
>2008.( i have tried installing both Money2007/2008) I get the message..
>"Money can't open this file because it was created using a different version
>of Money."
>
>Whilst installing MONEY 2007 /2008, I didn't uninstall it MONEY 2005.

Ahhh. You are trying to get Money Plus to convert a UK Microsoft
Money 2005 file. I am sorry, but it cannot do that. What you can do
is to prepare an install disk that will let you reinstall Money 2005
onto a replacement computer after the servers stop providing the
updates. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx for a method
of making a self-contained disk for reinstall of Money 2005 with the
updates in place.

If you reinstall for any reason before the end of January 2011, it
is important to open sample.mny or a new file to let Money first
update to version 14.0.*.1105 before trying to open or restore
existing Money 2005 files. The other thing is that if Money Plus
attempted to convert an existing file of yours, it would have left a
copy as a *.m14 file. You should check for such a file. That file
can be read by your Money 2005 install.

The other alternative, if you really want to switch to some other
choice away from Money 2005 UK, is to export QIF files and to import
them into you new software.

The microsoft.public.uk.money group has other users of Money 2005
UK, and you will find good info there.

>In summary you hit the nail on the head...
>Money Plus Business trial version would not open one of my *.mny files, and
>therefore I could not convert that file to Quicken
>
>Kervs
>

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Kervs wrote:
>>
>> >I'm at my wits end! could anyone please help??here is my problem.
>> >
>> >I have been using money since 6.0 (1998). Every year i have been creating
>> >new seperate files. 98,99,2000.2001,2002,2003 etc.
>> >
>> >I have since upgraded to MSMONEY 2005 (14.0.120.xxxx) which is the US version.
>> >
>> >We had to format the computer because of a crash. Fortunately, we backup the
>> >mny files.
>> >
>> >We were able to open ALL the files in MSMONEY 2005 (thus being able to
>> >convert them to the MNY2005 version).
>> >
>> >As microsoft is ending production of MSMONEY we decided to move to QUICKEN.
>> >Knowing there is a built-in converter path from MONEY 2008 to QUICKEN10 we
>> >tried to install trail MSmoney 2008 home & office. The install went fine BUT
>> >the MNY2005 files would NOT open in MSMONEY2008 citing "Money can't open this
>> >file because it was created using a different version of Money."
>> >
>> >From reading all the messenges, the "upgrade" should not be an issue IF
>> >MSMONEY 2005 was a U.S version. (which it is).
>> >
>> >As i see it this is the path....
>> >MSMONEY deluxe 2005 (US) >> MSMONEY trail home & offce 2008 (US) >> Quicken10
>> >
>> >Could someone please shade some light on this problem??
>> >
>> >Why cant mny2006 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?!
>> >

>> When you say "mny2006", what do you mean? Are you referring to
>> Microsoft Money 2006, or one of your data files called mny2006.mny?
>>
>> It is not really clear what your current situation is. I suspect you
>> installed the Money Plus trial in order to do the conversion to
>> Quicken. In the process you may have uninstalled Money 2005, and
>> later reinstalled Money 2005. Is that your situation?
>>
>> Or are you saying that the Money Plus Business trial version would
>> not open one of your *.mny files, and therefore you could not
>> convert that file to Quicken?
>>
>> .

0
Cal
11/11/2009 7:51:36 PM
Hi Cal Learner.

I'm using MONEY2005 US version.  I know this because looking at the version
number 14.0.120.1105. 120 indicates that it is the USA version.

I would rather not use the QIF version because i have too many file and too
many account in each one to export individual QIF.  Any other ideas??

Kervs

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Kervs wrote:
>
> >Thanks for replying Cal Learner.
> >
> >I do apologize about my last sentence. What i meant is ..
> >"Why cant mny2005 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?! "
> >
> >To clarify... i am unable to open my mny2005 files in MONEY2007 or MONEY
> >2008.( i have tried installing both Money2007/2008) I get the message..
> >"Money can't open this file because it was created using a different version
> >of Money."
> >
> >Whilst installing MONEY 2007 /2008, I didn't uninstall it MONEY 2005.
>
> Ahhh. You are trying to get Money Plus to convert a UK Microsoft
> Money 2005 file. I am sorry, but it cannot do that. What you can do
> is to prepare an install disk that will let you reinstall Money 2005
> onto a replacement computer after the servers stop providing the
> updates. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx for a method
> of making a self-contained disk for reinstall of Money 2005 with the
> updates in place.
>
> If you reinstall for any reason before the end of January 2011, it
> is important to open sample.mny or a new file to let Money first
> update to version 14.0.*.1105 before trying to open or restore
> existing Money 2005 files. The other thing is that if Money Plus
> attempted to convert an existing file of yours, it would have left a
> copy as a *.m14 file. You should check for such a file. That file
> can be read by your Money 2005 install.
>
> The other alternative, if you really want to switch to some other
> choice away from Money 2005 UK, is to export QIF files and to import
> them into you new software.
>
> The microsoft.public.uk.money group has other users of Money 2005
> UK, and you will find good info there.
>

> >In summary you hit the nail on the head...
> >Money Plus Business trial version would not open one of my *.mny files, and
> >therefore I could not convert that file to Quicken
> >
> >Kervs

> >> When you say "mny2006", what do you mean? Are you referring to
> >> Microsoft Money 2006, or one of your data files called mny2006.mny?
> >>
> >> It is not really clear what your current situation is. I suspect you
> >> installed the Money Plus trial in order to do the conversion to
> >> Quicken. In the process you may have uninstalled Money 2005, and
> >> later reinstalled Money 2005. Is that your situation?
> >>
> >> Or are you saying that the Money Plus Business trial version would
> >> not open one of your *.mny files, and therefore you could not
> >> convert that file to Quicken?
> >>
> >> .
> >>
> .

In microsoft.public.money, Kervs wrote:

>I'm using MONEY2005 US version.  I know this because looking at the version
>number 14.0.120.1105. 120 indicates that it is the USA version.

The UK Money 2005 (the latest) are all version 14.0.120.1105. That
is Deluxe. In the USA there were these:

Standard: 14.0.80.1105
Deluxe: 14.0.120.1105
Premium: 14.0.125.1105

Here is a way to tell the US vs UK Money 2005 Deluxe apart:

In Help->About there is a License Terms (US/Canada) or
(UK)Licence terms button. That is easier than looking up the
spelling of cheque vs check in Help items.

>I would rather not use the QIF version because i have too many file and too
>many account in each one to export individual QIF.  Any other ideas??

Not if you are using the UK version. Check back with the results of
the Licence/License test.
0
Cal
11/12/2009 1:55:52 PM
Sorry but the .120. indicates a particular product not necessarily UK or US.
Have a look in Help and see how check or cheque is spelt.

Bob Peel

> Hi Cal Learner.
>
> I'm using MONEY2005 US version.  I know this because looking at the
> version
> number 14.0.120.1105. 120 indicates that it is the USA version.
>
> I would rather not use the QIF version because i have too many file and
> too
> many account in each one to export individual QIF.  Any other ideas??
>
> Kervs
>

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Kervs wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks for replying Cal Learner.
>> >
>> >I do apologize about my last sentence. What i meant is ..
>> >"Why cant mny2005 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?! "
>> >
>> >To clarify... i am unable to open my mny2005 files in MONEY2007 or MONEY
>> >2008.( i have tried installing both Money2007/2008) I get the message..
>> >"Money can't open this file because it was created using a different
>> >version
>> >of Money."
>> >
>> >Whilst installing MONEY 2007 /2008, I didn't uninstall it MONEY 2005.
>>
>> Ahhh. You are trying to get Money Plus to convert a UK Microsoft
>> Money 2005 file. I am sorry, but it cannot do that. What you can do
>> is to prepare an install disk that will let you reinstall Money 2005
>> onto a replacement computer after the servers stop providing the
>> updates. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx for a method
>> of making a self-contained disk for reinstall of Money 2005 with the
>> updates in place.
>>
>> If you reinstall for any reason before the end of January 2011, it
>> is important to open sample.mny or a new file to let Money first
>> update to version 14.0.*.1105 before trying to open or restore
>> existing Money 2005 files. The other thing is that if Money Plus
>> attempted to convert an existing file of yours, it would have left a
>> copy as a *.m14 file. You should check for such a file. That file
>> can be read by your Money 2005 install.
>>
>> The other alternative, if you really want to switch to some other
>> choice away from Money 2005 UK, is to export QIF files and to import
>> them into you new software.
>>
>> The microsoft.public.uk.money group has other users of Money 2005
>> UK, and you will find good info there.
>>

>> >In summary you hit the nail on the head...
>> >Money Plus Business trial version would not open one of my *.mny files,
>> >and
>> >therefore I could not convert that file to Quicken
>> >
>> >Kervs

>> .

0
Bob
11/12/2009 3:14:14 PM
I'm in the same boat.  Been using money since first edition and everytime
I've upgraded Windows the Money program was able to open.  My last version
was Money 2004 in Windows XP.  Got a new computer with Windows 2007 and Money
2004 willl not install on it and the compatibility tool will not fix it.
Downloaded 06 Money trial, but it expired and won't let me work in it.
Downloaded 07 trial and it won't open older versions of the file.  I'm here
looking for help as well a and not finding any.  Thinking of moving to Mac
next time - sick of Microsoft issues and this is another example.  Good luck
and Happy New Year

"Kervs" wrote:

> I'm at my wits end! could anyone please help??here is my problem.
>
> I have been using money since 6.0 (1998). Every year i have been creating
> new seperate files. 98,99,2000.2001,2002,2003 etc.
>
> I have since upgraded to MSMONEY 2005 (14.0.120.xxxx) which is the US version.
>
> We had to format the computer because of a crash. Fortunately, we backup the
> mny files.
>
> We were able to open ALL the files in MSMONEY 2005 (thus being able to
> convert them to the MNY2005 version).
>
> As microsoft is ending production of MSMONEY we decided to move to QUICKEN.
> Knowing there is a built-in converter path from MONEY 2008 to QUICKEN10 we
> tried to install trail MSmoney 2008 home & office. The install went fine BUT
> the MNY2005 files would NOT open in MSMONEY2008 citing "Money can't open this
> file because it was created using a different version of Money."
>
> From reading all the messenges, the "upgrade" should not be an issue IF
> MSMONEY 2005 was a U.S version. (which it is).
>
> As i see it this is the path....
> MSMONEY deluxe 2005 (US) >> MSMONEY trail home & offce 2008 (US) >> Quicken10
>
> Could someone please shade some light on this problem??
>
> Why cant mny2006 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?!

As far as I know there is no such thing as Windows 2007 - an Operating
System.

Microsoft Money 2004 will run on Windows 7-32 and on Windows 7-64 provided
it is properly installed - others can do it.

teabag

"Kathie" <Kathie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm in the same boat.  Been using money since first edition and everytime
> I've upgraded Windows the Money program was able to open.  My last version
> was Money 2004 in Windows XP.  Got a new computer with Windows 2007 and
> Money
> 2004 willl not install on it and the compatibility tool will not fix it.
> Downloaded 06 Money trial, but it expired and won't let me work in it.
> Downloaded 07 trial and it won't open older versions of the file.  I'm
> here
> looking for help as well a and not finding any.  Thinking of moving to Mac
> next time - sick of Microsoft issues and this is another example.  Good
> luck
> and Happy New Year
>
> "Kervs" wrote:
>
>> I'm at my wits end! could anyone please help??here is my problem.
>>
>> I have been using money since 6.0 (1998). Every year i have been creating
>> new seperate files. 98,99,2000.2001,2002,2003 etc.
>>
>> I have since upgraded to MSMONEY 2005 (14.0.120.xxxx) which is the US
>> version.
>>
>> We had to format the computer because of a crash. Fortunately, we backup
>> the
>> mny files.
>>
>> We were able to open ALL the files in MSMONEY 2005 (thus being able to
>> convert them to the MNY2005 version).
>>
>> As microsoft is ending production of MSMONEY we decided to move to
>> QUICKEN.
>> Knowing there is a built-in converter path from MONEY 2008 to QUICKEN10
>> we
>> tried to install trail MSmoney 2008 home & office. The install went fine
>> BUT
>> the MNY2005 files would NOT open in MSMONEY2008 citing "Money can't open
>> this
>> file because it was created using a different version of Money."
>>
>> From reading all the messenges, the "upgrade" should not be an issue IF
>> MSMONEY 2005 was a U.S version. (which it is).
>>
>> As i see it this is the path....
>> MSMONEY deluxe 2005 (US) >> MSMONEY trail home & offce 2008 (US) >>
>> Quicken10
>>
>> Could someone please shade some light on this problem??
>>
>> Why cant mny2006 in open in MSMONEY2008??!?!?!?!

0
teabag

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

amalgamating archive files
I have several archive files and I'd like to combine them into a single one. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Howie ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

Best file recovery program?
I need a good file recovery program that will run both under Vista and Win 7. It needs to be able to salvage files both deleted and those lost because of disc errors. It also needs to be able to work with both internal and external hard discs, and all flavors of CD and DVD. Any recommendations? Most of the ones that allow you to download a trial have crippled to trial so much that it's really hard to judge them. Incidentally, I ran the free Recuva on a DVD-RW; I started it at 12:30 PM and at 5:30 AM (17 hours later) it showed 89% complete, and at 8:00 it had stopped with th...

using my Money 2005 file on two different computers
I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data. My Money file lives on my computer. I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file. I want to be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is networked to my computer. We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with no sucess. We can see the file but the password does not work. We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the file from her computer we can get the password to work. The same thing that happens when we try to restore a backup on her computer. We tried usi...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

ost file #2
My Exchange account was deleted from my Outlook today. All of my data is in the .ost file. Is there any way to recover the data into a .pst file? I am having trouble reinstalling the Exchange account. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. assuming that the ost is still attached to your profile, just start the computer with no network connection. Logon to your windows box like normal and then start Outlook. Go into offline mode and export to a pst. if the ost is no longer associated to a profile, copy it off somewhere for safe keeping and then try the following. create a n...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...