Can't get money 2002 to open money 98 backup file.

I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money
file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on
diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we
backup  money 98 to a floppy, then to our pc in the office
we try to restore and no go. Any clues? Pretty much tried
everything possible here.
Thanx
Ben
0
anonymous (74718)
11/22/2003 1:14:21 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote:

>I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money
>file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on
>diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we
>backup  money 98 to a floppy, then to our pc in the office
>we try to restore and no go. Any clues? Pretty much tried
>everything possible here.

I would copy each file from the backup floppies to the same
directory/folder.  This will give you an extra backup and will
separate any problems of reading the floppy media from some other
potential problem.  This is not the common way, and it is not
usually necessary.  But especially if it is my only backup, I would
consider the copy to hard disk step.

The files will be named *d1.mbf, *d2.mbf, *d3.mbf and so on.

In WE, double-click the *d1.mbf file.  That should launch Money and
start the restore.  When Money prompts for the next diskette, click
OK.

If you are restoring directly from floppy diskette, you can insert
the first floppy and double click the *d1.mbf file.  Change
diskettes when prompted.

You will have a chance to change the location or filename for where
the restored data will go.  If this is a different computer, it is
especially good to browse to a location.  The old location may not
even exist.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
11/22/2003 5:09:35 AM
Just a thought, but some people have found that later versions will not open
Money 98 Backup files.   They will only open the actual Money 98 file
[xxxx.mny]

If this is the case, you need to use 98 to create a .mny file from the
backups [using Cal's method] and then use Money 2002 to convert your 98 file
to a 2002 file.

> In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote:
>
> >I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money
> >file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on
> >diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we
> >backup  money 98 to a floppy, then to our pc in the office
> >we try to restore and no go. Any clues? Pretty much tried
> >everything possible here.
>
> I would copy each file from the backup floppies to the same
> directory/folder.  This will give you an extra backup and will
> separate any problems of reading the floppy media from some other
> potential problem.  This is not the common way, and it is not
> usually necessary.  But especially if it is my only backup, I would
> consider the copy to hard disk step.
>

> The files will be named *d1.mbf, *d2.mbf, *d3.mbf and so on.
>
> In WE, double-click the *d1.mbf file.  That should launch Money and
> start the restore.  When Money prompts for the next diskette, click
> OK.
>
> If you are restoring directly from floppy diskette, you can insert
> the first floppy and double click the *d1.mbf file.  Change
> diskettes when prompted.
>
> You will have a chance to change the location or filename for where
> the restored data will go.  If this is a different computer, it is
> especially good to browse to a location.  The old location may not
> even exist.

Exporting Excel file into Notepad with column & row lines
I cannot get the horizontal & vertical lines to show up in my notepad file. Help Please. Notepad looks at text. Text doesn't have horizontal & vertical lines. You can, of course, use underscore characters _ to look like a horizontal line, and pipe characters | to look like a vertical line. -- David Biddulph "JIVL" <JIVL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:232B20B7-2719-47ED-A2C3-5673B8FCA925@microsoft.com... >I cannot get the horizontal & vertical lines to show up in my notepad file. > Help Please. ...

Can no longer open money 2007
When attempting to open money 2007 deluxe, i receive a message box that says "Money was unable to load the registration library (dll)" Any ideas? -- Greg In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >When attempting to open money 2007 deluxe, i receive a message box that says >"Money was unable to load the registration library (dll)" > >Any ideas? Can you open sample.mny from your install folder? You could copy it to your Documents folder in WE, right-click, and choose Open. If that works, that would tend to point to a problem with the Money file. If you c...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog when opening PDF
I have written Java application that, when user click on the button, it opens new location in the same window in which it shows new HTML page and opens new popup window using window.open() JavaScript code. In the popup window Java outputs PDF using following headers: ContentType - application/pdf ContentLength - 1000 Content-Disposition - attachment; filename=My.pdf With above settings IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog for my PDF. Above code works fine with IE6, IE7 and Firefox. If I change "attachment" to "inline", then IE8 shows PDF in the popup wi...

Money 2005 still in Beta?
I am wondering if Money 2005 is out of beta? I bought it to upgrade from 2004. Custom invoice did not move along... it's gone from the list. Money won't save new custom template... Money Express start up key in the registry is not removed... Did I buy a beta software? WTF did the beta tester do? These are not obscure bugs... No it is now RTM (production). Should be in stores as of today, I think.... "Frogy_97" <frogy_97@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23izMb0AoEHA.2840@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I am wondering if Money 2005 is out of beta? > > I b...

Conditional linked files
Hi, I have two files (a master and a detail) in which I pull through a column from the detail to the master, using "=[Detail.xls]Sheet1!$A$2" However I would like to configure the spreadsheets so that only data which meets a condition is pulled in the master, in other words using pseudo code as follows. If [link] in detail.xls = yes then display in master. I realise that the condition statement will probably need to sit in the master file but have no idea how this is done or whether possible at all. Any ideas? Mark -- madiba --------------------------------------------------...

Access 2007 Opens Access App as Read Only
Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given. I am using Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem. I have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is opened as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes. This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop. Is this a UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue? "Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0386E5-555C-40C6-BD37-7EA957A550E9@microsof...

Problems Launching Outlook (2002)
When I launch Outlook...it seems to freeze up on me. Takes several minutes to load....once loaded I can send & receive e-mails w/ out problem. However, the launching is driving me nuts...my in/out server settings are correct.....Any suggestions? Thanks for any assistance... Steve Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls...

Same file exists when I run Optimizer
Dear Sir/Madam, While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is the same file, ...., in the destination.". But I could see for sure that there was No files in the destination. Could you let me know how to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance. KC "�̱�ö" <kclee@jcsworld.com> wrote: >While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error >message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into >D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is...

A Crystal Beginner

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

I can not open doc file attachments from outlook express 6.0
I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 Error message - There is not enough memory to open file All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine I have already increased my paging memory. >-----Original Message----- >I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 >Error message - There is not enough memory to open file >All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine=20 >I have already increased my paging memory. >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook issues. Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

Get paid while you get online!!

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Intersting issue regarding msg files
I have a client using Outlook 2003. Scenario: 1. Client creates a message (default format is HTML) and saves it as a draft. 2. Client then drags and drops message from draft folder into a network location. File has .msg extension. 3. Another user then double clicks on the msg file, and makes some live changes to it and then clicks SEND 4. Message is sent but none of the changes were made. The client used to do this with Outlook Express and never had a problem. Now that they are using Outlook 2003 this problem has surfaced. Any ideas? TIA KIWI ...

Increasing the number of files as recent files
Hello When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously openned. Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have openned before? Thanks in advance. Hamed... Hi Hamed, You can go up to 9 entries in Excel 2000. Tools, Options, General, [x] recently used files list: -- 9 -- entries. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Hamed" <hamedarab@hotmail.com> wrote ... > When I op...