can't download sp1 or sp2

Money will not do the update... I can disable my firewall and anti virus, and
it still sends the error... can't do this something is interfeering.  I can
still sign in to MSN, and get my financials, stock updates, just no SP1 or
SP2... I'm tired of being reminded that Money won't work unless I do this
upgrade...  I asked Microsoft Support to email or send a link to ftp the
files and they are refusing.  I have emailed with support for over 3 weeks,
following instructions of emptying my cache, making sure certain dlls are
installed and running, deleting keys, reinstalling, disabeling Norton... you
name it.
Any ideas.

--
-a work in progress
0

In microsoft.public.money, Jen of AZ wrote:

>Money will not do the update... I can disable my firewall and anti virus, and
>it still sends the error... can't do this something is interfeering.  I can
>still sign in to MSN, and get my financials, stock updates, just no SP1 or
>SP2... I'm tired of being reminded that Money won't work unless I do this
>upgrade...  I asked Microsoft Support to email or send a link to ftp the
>files and they are refusing.  I have emailed with support for over 3 weeks,
>following instructions of emptying my cache, making sure certain dlls are
>installed and running, deleting keys, reinstalling, disabeling Norton... you
>name it.
>Any ideas.

Money 2007 on Vista?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/20/2007 3:19:25 AM
windows xp
--
-a work in progress

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Jen of AZ wrote:
>
> >Money will not do the update... I can disable my firewall and anti virus, and
> >it still sends the error... can't do this something is interfeering.  I can
> >still sign in to MSN, and get my financials, stock updates, just no SP1 or
> >SP2... I'm tired of being reminded that Money won't work unless I do this
> >upgrade...  I asked Microsoft Support to email or send a link to ftp the
> >files and they are refusing.  I have emailed with support for over 3 weeks,
> >following instructions of emptying my cache, making sure certain dlls are
> >installed and running, deleting keys, reinstalling, disabeling Norton... you
> >name it.
> >Any ideas.
>
> Money 2007 on Vista?

0
JenofAZ (3)
4/20/2007 3:42:01 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Jen of AZ wrote:

>Money will not do the update... I can disable my firewall and anti virus, and
>it still sends the error... can't do this something is interfeering.  I can
>still sign in to MSN, and get my financials, stock updates, just no SP1 or
>SP2... I'm tired of being reminded that Money won't work unless I do this
>upgrade...  I asked Microsoft Support to email or send a link to ftp the
>files and they are refusing.  I have emailed with support for over 3 weeks,
>following instructions of emptying my cache, making sure certain dlls are
>installed and running, deleting keys, reinstalling, disabeling Norton... you
>name it.
>Any ideas.

I assume you have tried to follow
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811/en-us

So what I would do is to *uninstall Norton*. Open your Money file,
and let the updates happen. Close Money. Reboot.

Open Money, and see you then have version 16.0.*.1303 (16.0.120.1303
if you are running Money 2007 Deluxe).

Reinstall Norton.

There have been many Norton users over the years who report that
just "disabling" Norton is insufficient.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/20/2007 4:11:11 AM
I uninstalled Norton, even went though the registry and removed keys for
Norton and Money... no dice.
Now, if I run money i can't even login to msn... the you better update
messages are now in multiple boxes...
But money keeps telling me I am not connected to the internet, so it refuses
to do the update.
It would be nice if the sp1 and sp2 were posted to download.  Can that happen?
--
-a work in progress

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Jen of AZ wrote:
>
> >Money will not do the update... I can disable my firewall and anti virus, and
> >it still sends the error... can't do this something is interfeering.  I can
> >still sign in to MSN, and get my financials, stock updates, just no SP1 or
> >SP2... I'm tired of being reminded that Money won't work unless I do this
> >upgrade...  I asked Microsoft Support to email or send a link to ftp the
> >files and they are refusing.  I have emailed with support for over 3 weeks,
> >following instructions of emptying my cache, making sure certain dlls are
> >installed and running, deleting keys, reinstalling, disabeling Norton... you
> >name it.
> >Any ideas.
>
> I assume you have tried to follow
>
> So what I would do is to *uninstall Norton*. Open your Money file,
> and let the updates happen. Close Money. Reboot.
>
> Open Money, and see you then have version 16.0.*.1303 (16.0.120.1303
> if you are running Money 2007 Deluxe).
>
> Reinstall Norton.
>
> There have been many Norton users over the years who report that
> just "disabling" Norton is insufficient.

0
JenofAZ (3)
4/24/2007 5:14:02 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Jen of AZ wrote:

>I uninstalled Norton, even went though the registry and removed keys for
>Norton and Money... no dice.
>Now, if I run money i can't even login to msn... the you better update
>messages are now in multiple boxes...
>But money keeps telling me I am not connected to the internet, so it refuses
>to do the update.

That's odd. Does IE connect to the Internet fine?

If using IE7, I would consider uninstalling that and try IE6. If
using IE6, I would install Money 2007. Alternatively go thru the IE
settings and restore everything to defaults.
\

>It would be nice if the sp1 and sp2 were posted to download.  Can that happen?

No.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/24/2007 5:37:50 AM
Sure, it could happen. The current Money team seems to greatly prefer the
current method of service delivery, for reasons not quite known, so it is
unlikely to happen.

"Jen of AZ" <JenofAZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can that happen?

A couple of things to try:

1. Make sure that you have rebooted your computer
2. If you are using Vista, right-click on the Money icon and choose to Run
As Admin and see if that will allow Money to update
3. Try creating a new User in Windows with Admin rights and see if you can
get Money to update with that user
4. Are you using a router? Try bypassing the router and connect directly (if
you can) to see if that is blocking access.
5. If all of that still fails, what other 'security' type software are you
using?

-Mark

"Jen of AZ" <JenofAZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I uninstalled Norton, even went though the registry and removed keys for
> Norton and Money... no dice.
> Now, if I run money i can't even login to msn... the you better update
> messages are now in multiple boxes...
> But money keeps telling me I am not connected to the internet, so it
> refuses
> to do the update.
> It would be nice if the sp1 and sp2 were posted to download.  Can that
> happen?
> --
> -a work in progress
>

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Jen of AZ wrote:
>>
>> >Money will not do the update... I can disable my firewall and anti
>> >virus, and
>> >it still sends the error... can't do this something is interfeering.  I
>> >can
>> >still sign in to MSN, and get my financials, stock updates, just no SP1
>> >or
>> >SP2... I'm tired of being reminded that Money won't work unless I do
>> >this
>> >upgrade...  I asked Microsoft Support to email or send a link to ftp the
>> >files and they are refusing.  I have emailed with support for over 3
>> >weeks,
>> >following instructions of emptying my cache, making sure certain dlls
>> >are
>> >installed and running, deleting keys, reinstalling, disabeling Norton...
>> >you
>> >name it.
>> >Any ideas.
>>
>> I assume you have tried to follow
>>
>> So what I would do is to *uninstall Norton*. Open your Money file,
>> and let the updates happen. Close Money. Reboot.
>>
>> Open Money, and see you then have version 16.0.*.1303 (16.0.120.1303
>> if you are running Money 2007 Deluxe).
>>
>> Reinstall Norton.
>>
>> There have been many Norton users over the years who report that
>> just "disabling" Norton is insufficient.

0
abcd7779 (838)
4/24/2007 4:17:33 PM
That worked Mark...on XP SP2!!! I'm installing Money 2007 Deluxe.  I have a
free version McAfee from Comcast installed.  I disabled McAfee, XP firewall,
and set all defaults in IE7 and was still getting 99% download and error
message on install of the updates.

I right-clicked Money 07 and "Run As" my local Admin account and it worked.
Finally!

Thanks!

"Mark" wrote:

> A couple of things to try:
>
> 1. Make sure that you have rebooted your computer
> 2. If you are using Vista, right-click on the Money icon and choose to Run
> As Admin and see if that will allow Money to update
> 3. Try creating a new User in Windows with Admin rights and see if you can
> get Money to update with that user
> 4. Are you using a router? Try bypassing the router and connect directly (if
> you can) to see if that is blocking access.
> 5. If all of that still fails, what other 'security' type software are you
> using?
>
> -Mark
>

> "Jen of AZ" <JenofAZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I uninstalled Norton, even went though the registry and removed keys for
> > Norton and Money... no dice.
> > Now, if I run money i can't even login to msn... the you better update
> > messages are now in multiple boxes...
> > But money keeps telling me I am not connected to the internet, so it
> > refuses
> > to do the update.
> > It would be nice if the sp1 and sp2 were posted to download.  Can that
> > happen?
> > --
> > -a work in progress

> >> I assume you have tried to follow
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811/en-us
> >>
> >> So what I would do is to *uninstall Norton*. Open your Money file,
> >> and let the updates happen. Close Money. Reboot.
> >>
> >> Open Money, and see you then have version 16.0.*.1303 (16.0.120.1303
> >> if you are running Money 2007 Deluxe).
> >>
> >> Reinstall Norton.
> >>
> >> There have been many Norton users over the years who report that
> >> just "disabling" Norton is insufficient.

0
Nick4562 (282)

download home plan
I just purchased Visio Standard 2003 and I want to make a home plan. When I go to the building template the only plan I get is for office. There is no template for a home plan. How do I find it and download it or do I need the professional visio 2003 to do that?? You need Visio Pro for that...but I'll let you in on a neat trick. If it's just specific shapes you are looking for, just search for them in the Shape Search. You'll find all the Visio Pro shapes there. You can set different drawing scales in the Page Setup dialog (so you don't need Pro for that). -- Lori Pe...

Download Free ScreenSavers and Wallpapers! -
Download Free ScreenSavers and Wallpapers! - http://offr.biz/HLSCR308312GNAMAYB ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 #3
Just read in a Microsoft TechNet newsletter: "We're anticipating the October release of Exchange Server 2003 SP2 ......." SP2 is the one that is supposed to increase the maximum data stores size up from 16GB..... -- Regards, Hank Arnold After installing Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2, the default size limit for each Exchange database is 18 GB, but can easily be configured to allow for database size limits of up to 75 GB per database. http://www.petri.co.il/change_store_size_limits_ex2003_sp2.htm -- "Hank Arnold" wrote: > Just read in a Micro...

Exchange 2003
I have OL 2003 SP1 installed on my machine. Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1 I'm having problem viewing the public folder client permissions. It only shows the owner information instead, and even so, the permissions for owner are not the same as setup in 2003 using ESM. It showed either "reviewer" or "author" instead of owner! Some other clients in the organixation using the previous OL 2003 version (11.5608.5606). This OL 2003 client doesn't ahve problem with public folder client permissions. They can access those folders according to the permissi...

Problem downloading file
I've been downloading files to my money 2004 for a while without any trouble, but since few days ago I get this message and I can''t download my transactions any more. My account is configured in Canadian Dollars and my bank is canadian. File Import: Your statement contained a default currency (CAD) which was unrelated to the currency of the account 'TD Visa'. Money does not support statements containing unrelated default currencies. ...

Downloading Mail From Hotmail Using Outlook
Downloading Mail From Hotmail Using Outlook I am newbie to Outlook. Yesterday I was about to download email from one of my Hotmail accounts but not from the other but it said it was a paid service. I think it's like $50 a year to do this. How can this be that I was able to do it with another Hotmail account but not another? All I want to do is clear out my messages from one of my Hotmail acounts and close it down. I don't want to pay $50 to save my email. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks Matt ____________________________________________________________________...

Activation Problem-Downloaded Ver 2004
I am trying to help someone that is having the following problem with activation codes for a downloaded Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe. Below is the description of the problem and the steps that have been taken to date. I just talked to your online upgrade department Shop.microsoft.com phone #1-866-3063 as instructed by your upgrade website. I recently purchased MS Money 2004 Deluxe up grade on the Internet. I was provided download information which worked OK. Since I purchased this upgrade, my computer developed some problems and MS Money 2004 Deluxe was lost. I downloaded the fre...

Is it possible to download embedded Midi file ?
Hi, Would it be possible to download an embedded midi file from a web site? The source code is something like: if(ap_name=='Netscape') { document.write('<embed src="/data/midi/music/ss100.mid" autostart =true hidden=true loop=2') } else { document.write('<bgsound src="/data/midi/music/ss100.mid" autostart =true hidden=true loop=2') Thanks "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:#XXat9LyKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Wo...

Inbound Outlook 2000 delays since SP2
Anyone else having problems since sp2 with mail not being delivered in Outlook 2000? Messages sent to AllUsers for example will have been delivered to all other machines but on mt sp2 test machine I will sometimes find that mail is delayed until I restart Outlook, then miraculously all mail will appear, very annoying. I no longer know if I have mail and have to keep closing and opening Outlook to find out! I found an article about outbound mail issues relating to RPC and MS suggest clicking on another mail folder effectively to provoke an RPC call to Exchange box to send mail, perhap...

Bank of America 'Direct Connect' downloads not working.
Since last Friday 9-25-09 I have gotten an error 2005 that I am 'not authorized' to download my transaction through Direct Connect. Numerous phonecalls to both the bank & Money support leave me thoroughly frustrated. They point fingers at each other but nobody can tell me when it will be resolved. I am able to download from the banking website manually, import to mny file but it takes a while to do this over 14 different banks/ accounts! Did MSMoney discontinue support for Direct Connection, auto downloading? Bad enough my software expires 3-25-2010! I've started to HA...

Updating GP 10.0 to SP2 genericPath error
I am trying to update a GP10.0 installation to the latest and greatest. When I launch the MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB952789-v10-ENU.msp package, it starts working, then comes up with this error: Specified argument was out of the range if valid values. Parameter name: genericPath. When I click "OK" the install terminates. Any ideas? I am doing a test install and had some problems so I am starting over. When trying to unistall, I am getting the same error message. I have v10 sp3? KB955679. It won't let me uninstall or do a repair install. "Wes VanAlstyne" wrote: >...

Forecaster 6.7 SE SP2
When I am installing Service Pack 2 for Forecaster 6.7 SE I am getting the following warning message. I have a single tier installation. FYI, I have already tried KB ID # 861990 and deleting the 'InstallShield' folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield) without any success. Can anyone advise me on this? FRx Forecaster - InstallShield Wizard The database file was not found in the location specified. Please re-enter the database name and/or location that contains the FRx Forecaster database you would like to upgrade. ...

messages downloaded multiple times
I am having a problem where my messages are getting dowloaded from the server multiple times. The problem is described at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;Q317945 I followed the instructions and upgraded to SP2 but it did not fix the problem. I have 20+ copies of all messages in my inbox. It only started doing this about a week ago and worked fine before that. ...

Downloading transactions from bank not working correctly
I've upgraged from 2004 to 2005. In 2004, I had my Wells Fargo checking account synced with MSN Money on the web, and it always put the new transactions into my checking account pretty well -- marked as bold, waiting for me to accept them, etc. However, ever since switching to 2005, it doesn't work the same. It simply puts transactions into my register that hit my bank, which would be fine, but it doesn't bold the new ones or ask me to accept them. It only creates the new transaction, with the description from the bank in the memo field. It also NEVER matches any tran...

Download from the Internet into Excel
When I download data from a particular website it automatically opens in the internet explorer window as an excel spreadsheet. That’s fine. However the icons at the top of the spread sheet which allow copy, paste, save etc. are all greyed out which means the spreadsheet information cannot be used. I have tried this on another computer and it works fine so I assume it must be something to do with the settings on my computer any help? I have excel2002 and ie6 with windos xp professional Good morning Edward Will a macro suffice? Sub Test() Workbooks.Open Filename:="http://www.myweb...

fail to download VS Tools SDK
I was not able to download Visual Studio Tools SDK for GP 9 from: https://mbs.microsoft.com/fileexchange/downloadfile.aspx?fileid=37bc4b4a-571f-4835-abac-84aca4ccb6d1 has anybody managed to downlaod the file (VSToolsInstallSDK.msi) from above site? Have you installed the File Exchange ActiveX script when the yellow bar pops up at the top of your browser? If you haven't done so you will not be able to download a few large files with File Exchange. By the way, I was able to pull the file just fine with the link you provided. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum...

Balance Not Matching Downloaded Balance
Each time I download my balances, one account consistently adds $46,675.05 to the total. I finally figured out that the $46,675.05 shows up in the Opening Balance field on the Change Account Settings screen. I change the Opening Balance to $0 and click Done, but the $46,675.05 shows up the next time I download my balances. I never had this issue with Microsoft Money 2004. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. I forgot to add that I am using Money 2007 Deluxe. "Why_Me" wrote: > Each time I download my balances, one account consistently adds $46,675.05 to > the ...

After Installing Exchange 2003 SP1
Was there a security change in how Exchange 2003 SP1 receives a message? Before, I used an SMTP client that sent test messages to my companies email server (I am the Exchange server Admin), and I would use something like user@testdomain.com - from home or work. Now, when I use a none real valid domain as far as origination (FROM field), I never receive the message. I am thinking that there is some DNS to address lookup/verification taking place and failing thus not being received by Exchange 2003 SP1. Can someone tell me if this is true or clarify it and tell me where that setting is? Tha...

Failure to install Money Plus Deluxe from downloaded file
Trying to install Money Plus Deluxe from Money_Plus_Deluxe_Win32_English_online-US_Only_DwnLd. exe 34650 KB Money Plus Deluxe Setup extracting ...(various files) wextrace_cleanup0 Rundll32.exeD:\WINNT\system32\advpack.dll,DelNodeRunDLL32 "D:\DOCUM~1\gdwalter\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXPOO1,TMP" to run at system startup. Allow? Microsoft Money requires Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 or a more recent update. ***** I am running WIN2K. Is there a solution? (Running foreign language system: \ is back slash. In microsoft.public.money, waltergd wrote: >Trying to install Money P...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Where I can download SR1a in spanish
Hi. I'm really desesperate. In my work we have a lot of Office 2000 license and I need to update de Office 2000 to SP3. But, first I need to update to SR1a and that file don't exist yet!!! :-( I don't understand the Microsoft politic. Can anybody help me to adquire the SR1a in spanish Thanks Hi tess, It appears you can obtain the SR1a installer (in spanish) here: http://office-2000-sr1.malavida.com/descargar Running that should download & install the correct SR1a update for your system. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "tess" &l...

Import quicken download file
Hi, My financial institution doesn't offer a MS Money format download for my investments - I am only offered a QUicken QIF format file. I tried to download that QIF file and import it into Money 2003, but the import failed (partially) giving me a message "Not all columns could be imported" Any suggestions? Please help! Thanks - Joseph ...

[ANN] Liquid XML Studio 2009 SP1 Released
Liquid Technologies are pleased to announce the release of Liquid XML Studio 2009 Service Pack 1. As well as fixing bugs and incorporating user feedback, Service Pack 1 also adds a Graphical XML Grid View, allowing users to view and edit XML Data as a tabular or tree structure, see http://www.liquid-technologies.com/XmlStudio/Free-Xml-Editor.aspx New Features - Graphical XML Grid Editor - Source Control Integration - Graphical XSD Editor Redo - XSD Annotations Dialog - Graphical XSD Editor Tooltips XML Data Binding Enhancements - Runtimes for Compact Framework Net 2.0 & 3.5 - Add...

Iability to send e-mail form Outlook 2002 SP2
When i attempt to send an e-mail message everything appears to go fine but the recipient does not receive the message. If i cc or bcc myself on the message i still dont get the message. Please advise ...

Credit Card Downloads #2
I am thinking of getting Money Plus. I am a current Quicken user and the problem is with credit card download. I have a Master Charge account and in Quicken I have to download the total amount from my bank then I have to split the amounts to the different vendors and catagories. This takes a lot of time to input. Also Quicken allows only 30 splits. Is this the way it is done in Money? I didn't want to try the trial, do all of the setup and findout that I have to do it the same way. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, Al Tyson wrote: > I am thinking of getting Money Plus. I am...