can't change/delete bills and deposits

suddenly one day i realized that when i tried to change a
bill, i could click "ok" but nothing would happen.  I
thought it was because i upgraded to 2004, so i deleted
the bills and rescheduled.  about 5 of the bills will not
delete either. the error message is: "Money could not
write to your Money file. The operation could not be
performed or another application finished this task before
you. Please try again."

Now some of the newly scheduled bills will not allow me to
change the properties, i click ok but nothing happens when
i edit the series.

I have repaired the files on both levels several times. I
am out of ideas. You got any?

money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

its fixed thanks to http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104
i searched thru the newsgroups a couple of times and never
saw that site but it is worth checking if you have
problems.

specifically, i had performed all the steps in this
article except running a lvl 1 salv.exe b4 the lvl 2.  the
lvl 2 never fixed it.  doing the lvl 1 then 2 repaired it
for some reason.

kudos to www.bollar.org!

Oddly enough this is the very error message I am trying
to solve as well.

In my case I have credit card bills set up and managed
through debt reduction planner.  When I try to edit a
detail for the bill it will give me that error message.
When I click OK the changes will be shown, but the next
time I open Money they are back to what they originally
where.  I also get the error message when I enter a
transaction from the bills and deposits list.  So far it
has only been bills that I am managing through the Debt
Reduction Planner.

I am running Money 2004.  I have not tried repairing the
file.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Steve

What are you waiting for? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104.

"Steve" <spschiebel@cox.net> wrote in message
> Oddly enough this is the very error message I am trying
> to solve as well.
>
> In my case I have credit card bills set up and managed
> through debt reduction planner.  When I try to edit a
> detail for the bill it will give me that error message.
> When I click OK the changes will be shown, but the next
> time I open Money they are back to what they originally
> where.  I also get the error message when I enter a
> transaction from the bills and deposits list.  So far it
> has only been bills that I am managing through the Debt
> Reduction Planner.
>
> I am running Money 2004.  I have not tried repairing the
> file.

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

delete busines units
Can somebody help me? I know that i can't delete business units.Now, I need to know what else can not be deleted? you can't delete users either. "V" <V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:750F35FC-5C34-410D-AEF0-07F204CA37C3@microsoft.com... > Can somebody help me? I know that i can't delete business units.Now, > I need to know what else can not be deleted? ...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

Cannot delete a macro
I have inherited an old workbook that has a macro that no longer works. I believe that it was intended to open other linked workbooks. I want to delete the macro, but in the macro dialog window, I am unable to. The delete button is unavailable. If I try to run it, edit it, step into it, I get the message "Reference is not valid." How can I delete this macro? View the code of the book. Find the macro and select the code. Delete the appropriate code. "Jeff B" wrote: > I have inherited an old workbook that has a macro that no longer works. I > believe t...

Deleted User Mailbox
Delete a user from Exchange 2003 and the mailbox showed as orphane. Later created a new user and connected that mailbox to that new user successfully. Now the new user cannot logon using OWA. Under Mailboxes in the ESM it shows user connected successfully but under Last Logged in by it show ... S-1-5-21-106....... Please advise. Thank you in advance. ...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2

colour change of dated box

Daylight saving time changes for Exchange 2003 server
Hi guys, I was wondering how other real life systems administrators are preparing for the upcoming “2007 global time zone update for Windows” (daylight time change for exchange 2003 server). I'd like to know what contingency plans are being planned out to implement this update and what practical ideas you think thus far are the best. I would greatly value your input. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx -Thanks! ...

changes made but how do I revert !
When I deleted messages they used to dissapear straight away. Now when I delete a message it has a strike through line but the message remains, although it dissapears after I close outlook. I should also add that I use SPAM Inspector but I think this is an Outlook problem caused by some changes. the moral here is change one thing at a time ! Any ideas from anyone. email address required remove to be removed ! Kind regards Nigel Are you using an IMAP account? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.co...

Question about Excel (Office) auditing/changes
I have a document that will need to be posted on a website available for users to download & change/approve. The approval process will not make any changes at all to the document. However, I do need to know they've opened the document. Is there a way to get the name/machine/ip or something regarding who opens a file and when they open it? If so, I would like to do something like that, and either write it to something in the spreadsheet or as an audit trail in a database. If there's no way to do this, I am considering writing a small app that requires them to sign in (somet...