Budgets - Bills - Reports - Not all working Together

with the monthly expense of $9.95 and M07 shows that it has budgeted $9.95 to
pay for that bill.  When I look at that category in several reports, the
reports show that I have $0 set aside for that category, and that I am
overspent in that category by $9.95.

Can anyone help explain how/why budgets and bills seem to have a
relationship, but this relationship does not carry over into the actual
reports?

The Details:
I have typed in all of my bills into the bills section.  For simplicity, I
will only talk about one bill, my Cell phone bill and I will treat this as
the only item in the budget.

The cell phone bill is a monthly recurring bill due on the 10th of each
month.  It clearly displays in the bills area.  I created a budget, and when
I added the “cell phone” category into the budget – my bill payment appeared.

This is what my budget looks like:

Bills:  Cell Phone
    Cingular
Monthly                 9.95
    Other expenses for “Bills: Cell phone”            Monthly
  0.00
     Subtotal
Monthly                 9.95

Notes:
The recurring bill automatically appears in the budget (which is correct).
The subtotal appears as 9.95 (which is correct).  I did not put in any
monthly amount for “Other expenses for ‘Bills: Cell phone’” – because if I
did put in let’s say, $9.95, then the subtotal would then be $19.90.  I would
basically be double-counting the bill payment.  My budget would then show (at
the very bottom of the budget screen) that I had total monthly expenses of
$19.95.  This would be double-counted, and I did not want that, so I changed
the “Other expenses for ‘Bills: Cell phone’” to $0.00, so at the bottom of
the budget under “Total Monthly Expenses”, it shows $9,95 as the total.
Looks Good.

I then went to the reports section, and pulled up a report (I tried several)
– that showed, my spending versus what I had budgeted.  These reports showed
that I had errors because I had budgeted zero dollars for the category, but I
had spent $9.95 in that category.  HUH?!  The budget shows that I have $9.95
set aside for the “Bills: Cell phone” category, but in looking at several
other reports – I have $0 set aside for the cell phone category and I am over
spent by $9.95.

Can anyone help explain how/why budgets and bills seem to have a
relationship, but this relationship does not carry over into the actual
reports?

I am using the Advanced Budget.

0
JDaddy (1)
2/26/2007 10:50:08 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

DB not working on other computer
I complited by access 2003 program/project on my desk top computer. When I installed the file on my laptop It would not show any of my calcutated fields from my subforms on my main form. It dosen't make any difference if I have one or two subforms providing the information. I have several forms set up the same way and it's the same on all of them. I don't believe its the program because I can reinstall it on my desk top and it run OK. Both computers have the same version of access on them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated......lyndac Sorry Everyone I hit the wro...

Custom Views + hidden columns does seem to work
Hi there, I was hoping you could help with some custom views. I've figured out how to create custom views just fine and have created 6 of them. What I wanted to do next was create an identifier on the spreadsheet that would tell the user which view is currently being used (for both viewing and printing). I tried adding 6 rows at the top of the spreadsheet with the name of each view in one row. I would then hide 5 rows and keep row with the view I want identified visable. Then I would save the view. This works fine if I am only hidding and unhidding rows and columns. ...

Rich edit not working on Win98...
Hi All, I have an MFC Unicode application (which uses MSLU for 98/me) which has a Rich edit control in a dialog box. It works fine on my XP machine, but it doesn't run on a Win98 computer. What can I do to make it run on the 98. Also are the dlls: RichEdxx.dll or msftedit.dll redistributable? If so, would it work then? Thanks a lot Srishti "Sonu" <sonu@online.nospam> wrote in message news:5EE8C1EC-D892-47BF-B5F9-AE97A630D154@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > I have an MFC Unicode application (which uses MSLU for 98/me) > which has a Rich edit control in a dialog box...

Budget, Budget, Budget
Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. If you read more posts you will discover lots of people have the same question but nobody has the answer. March is coming soon. "Dick" <jaber1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:T6ydncerW_phoI_fRVn-rg@comcast.com... > Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me > know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. > > ...

Mystery budget numbers
I have recently set up a new budget in Money. In the new budget, two line item show up with incorrect numbers. I have bill payment setup for my car insurance, and my renter's insurance. These bills create autmoatic line items. However, in the budget report, the "budgeted amount" for both of these items show up four time their original amounts. I have deleted all old budgets, and started with a blank budget, rather than an auto fill. Any ideas? There's a bug in money that bills previously set up but deleted remain in the budget. As far as I know, that's n...

Distribution lists no longer working
Hey folks any input appreciated here... 2 Exch2K3 servers in 1 administrative group. Mailboxes and distribution lists for users in office two were recently migrated from 1 server to the other. Since then users on server1 can no longer send to distribution groups on server2 which contain users whose mailboxes reside on server2. When using Outlook 2000 (XP or 2003 as well) clicking the TO button and browsing the global address list I see the distribution groups, but when looking at the properties of the group none of the migrated groups have any members displayed in the members box on the rig...

ISV works
I made a change to my ISV.config file and the change that I desire is correct. Do I always leave ISV active? In other words am I supposed to leave <add key="ISVIntegration" value="On"/> on? Or, am I supposed to take the change that I made to ISV.config and copy it to a different file? It was my understanding that ISV was for testing, how do I make this change permanent. Yes you are suppoed to leave ISV.Config active. It is not just for testing. If you are happy with the change your system can be left alone. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.ms...

non budgeted items in budget
I created a budget and chose the option to "save remaining money toward savings goals" option for what to do with left over money each month (unbudgeted money). When I spend some of that unbudgeted money, say i buy a cd which isn't in my budget, it doesn't show up in my budget summary. So, if i spent a million dollars on cd's every month but cd's weren't in my budget, it would look like i am still within my budget. I think in previous versions of money (prior to 2006) the budget always showed something like "spending in non budgeted categories"...

IE8 does no longer work message in Windows 7
I get an many web pages the german "Internet Explorer funktioniert nicht mehr" means does no longer work without any further information. For example I can not start the popup of exactly this new questions dialog with IE. I now needed to install alternative browser for doing it. I only want do repair IE in order to see if it is only my installation that is wrong, because I moved the partition with an partition manger. But unfortunately I can not download IE8 for Windows 7. Please help me how to repair an IE8 installation under WIndows 7 the support pages only refer to ...

xyScatterChart macro works on WinXP Pro & not on WinXP Home?
I have a ScatterChart macro that works perfectly with Excel2000 on my Win XP Pro computer. I select two columns and click on the macro and the xyScatterChart is displayed. When I moved this exact same code to my new Laptop with Excel2000 and WinXP Home, the macro would not produce a xyScatterChart but produced a double line chart with two lines(two sets of points) for the selected two columns instead of an xyScatterChart. I can't figure out why the code below works on my WinXP Pro desktop and not the same on my WinXP Home laptop. Thanks for any help. Dennis ====myScatterChart Code==...

Code not working
I need to capture the Last Row number as soon as the WB opens; And as the sheet2 Column A cells are filled-in have the variable Lrow furnish an up-to-date value, representing the last non-blank row in Col A of Sheet2. The below is not working; Can yo suggest a better way? TIA, Dim Lrow As Long Private Sub Workbook_Open() Lrow = Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row End Sub Press Alt + F11 to open the VB editor. In the Projects pane at the upper left side of the screen, double click on ThisWorkbook and paste the code into the code wind...

Lebans Calendar Problem
Hi I'm using Stephen Lebans "Month Calendar" in my Access application. It works fine on most computers. However, a computer I installed my app on recently SIMPLY IGNORES THE CODE. Nothing happens at all. No error message & No calendar pop up. The computer OS is Windows XP SP2 and the Access Version is 2003. This problem happens on 2 computers in the same network. Other computers in the same network are working OK. Does someone have a solution to this. Thanks On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 04:12:39 -0700, kimkanari@gmail.com wrote: >Hi > >I'm using Stephen Lebans &qu...

How do I get vertical text scrolling in a dialog edit box to work
I have an Edit Box in my dialog that I write text into. When the text is larger than the Edit Box I want it to scroll. I added "vertical scrolling" to the properties, and "want return" and the bar appears and resizes when I output text to the window but it is totally non-functional (I cannot move it). Also when the text goes past the Edit Box size it does not scroll down. How can I get scrolling to work ?? I am using a very basic WinCE project with coredll.lib and not including afxwin.h. I use GetDlgItemTxt() to copy the exisiting text from the Edit Box, add new text to ...

Weekly budget start day
How do I make my weekly budget start on Friday instead of Monday? I don't think you can. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Jennifer Cassell" <j.cassell@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:05ef01c35adb$545f8670$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

OWA 2003 BASIC works but 2003 Premium does not, login hangs
Hi All, I am new to this so hopefully I can provide all the info for you on the first shot. Last week we had some problems with the Exchange 2003 Enterprise server in our organization. McAfee Groupshield was not running properly and had to be re-installed with the newest version. After some issues we finally got that running. Now however, when we try to logon onto the OWA 2003 Server (Which is running on Server 2003 Enterprise) using the PREMIUM mode it just says "Loading..." and all the fonts and boxes look different. If I select basic however it works just fine. This is happe...

Budget Balances in "Edit Budget" but not in "Budget Planner"
I hope some one can help me understand this point. I have just started using Money 2003 and this is the first month that all the numbers should balance out. Unfortunately when I click Budget Planner the "Budgeted Expenses" come out to be MUCH more than the amounts I entered in "Edit Budget". It seems as though some areas like Bills: Electricity are double or trippled in the budgeted section. I have gone in to edit budget and tried to correct the errors, however the number already entered are correct. Does money rollover amounts not used during the previous mo...

DLGC_WANTMESSAGE doesn't works well for multi-line edit controls
I don't want ESC to dismiss my dialog box when focus is on the edit control. So I subclass the edit control called CMyEdit and add a handler to the WM_GETDLGCODE message and always return DLGC_WANTALLKEYS. I wish all keyboard input could be intercepted in my CMyEdit class now. But unfortunately when the edit control is a single-line control, keyboard input VK_RETURN and VK_ESCAPE are both intercepted. While when to multi-line edit controls only VK_RETURN could be intercepted, but press ESC still dismiss the dialogbox. Why doesn't DLGC_WANTALLKEYS intercepte all keyboard input? Thank ...

Outlook search and advanced search not working (tried rebuilding the index)
The outlook Instant Search and Advanced Search (when I press ctrl + shift + f) are not working. The Instant Search says it encountered an error and the Advanced Search just hangs when I run it. What else can I do since I've already rebuilt the index? Can anyone help me? I can't seem to get an answer, and it would really help me if I could use this feature. Even if the answer is that I have to completely reinstall Office, but I'm not sure that would even help. Maybe there's some virus, and I need to scrap my computer and use the rescue disks. I really hope I don't have to...

cd not working
Hello I have a problem with a cd not working on a sony laptop. I've talked to others that have had similar issues after installing i-tunes. The cd player will only work if I stick the restore cd in the tray. I have quick time installed (not i-tunes) but can not confirm what sofware or update causes this problem. Is there any kind of work around to get the cd to work again without re-installing the entire operating system which I did the last time this happened thanks mc See if the resolution in the MS KB below will fix your issue http://support.microsoft.com/defau...

Autoarchive not working #2
Whenever I try to archive folders in my inbox nothing happens. Our Company uses exchange 2000 server, and Outlook XP on the PC's. I have checked that there are messages in my inbox that match the criteria for archiving, but once I click on the archive button I can see the archive icon at the bottom right hand corner of the screen, but no messages are either put in archive folders, or removed from the inbox. Any help would be much apreciated. Thanks Danny Include the Modified Date in your column view. Outlook uses the Modified date for archiving so if your items fall outside th...

Search option not working
When we do a search on Outlook 2007, we receive an error message saying that no information was found and that Outlook is still indexing. No pst files are being used, only the cached option is enabled. What can be checked to solve this problem? When did you configure this account and how long have you let the machine idle with Outlook running so the indexer could index Outlook? Does the index count decreases when choosing; Tools-> Instant Search-> Indexing Status... If so, give it more time to finish building the initial index. If not, then you might have to rebuild you ind...

Can Money manage my budget like this?
I am trying to configure Money 2007 Deluxe Trial to accomplish the following things for me, yet I'm having trouble wrapping my brain on how to accomplish it. Right now I'm living paycheck to paycheck and need something to help me budget out my grocery/leftover expenses so I'll know I have enough for my bills that come at different times of the month. I'd also like the ability to help me plan how much I need to save for future vacations and things of that nature. Is there an online guide to help me configure Money in such a manner? Do I need the Premium edition for any of...

Time calculations for Scheduled Time vs. Actual Time Worked
I am trying to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) Formula A3...

Film/video Budget?
Fire destroyed our computer holding Budgets. Can anyone please email us an Excel video production budget form? We're desparate. Ray Bright, Producer Lexicon Media 724-327-0889 -- Ursmare ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ursmare's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399738 http://www.videobeach.com/sfi.htm Ain't Google wonderful. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Ursmare" <Ursmare.1ufn6a_1125162300.7452@excelforu...

Help Not Working Correctly in Office 2003
Hello. I've have Word and Excel 2003 installed on a machine running Windows XP 64-bit Version. When I enter a term in the Help windows in either program, I get a complete listing of Help topics from Office Online as one would expect. However, when I click on any of the links I get one of several failures, as follow: 1) the Help window will pop up, but it will be blank, or 2) a message telling me that "You chose to end a nonresponsive program, Microsoft Office 2003 component. The program is not responding", or 3) a message stating "Error Starting MS Help&quo...