Budget vs. Spending table

I'm switching from Money 2005 to 2007.  In the 2005 version, under "Budget
Summary" on the left sidebar from the Home page was a link to a report/table
called "Budget vs. Spending.  The table eas titled "Compare Actual Spending
to Your Budget" and near the top had a drop down box to select the time
period for the table.  Below the table had the actual categories, spending,
budget and difference in columns.  Order was by category.

I can't find this same table/report in 2007.  Closest is viewing "Monthly
Budget report - similar layout but no time choice drop down box.

Anyone know if I can get a similar report in the 2007 version?
0
dawg1108 (1)
5/27/2007 8:06:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

On the Monthly Budget report that you reference, try double clicking on the
date at the top and see if you don't get the drop down that you are looking
for.
--
Gary

"dawg1108" wrote:

> I'm switching from Money 2005 to 2007.  In the 2005 version, under "Budget
> Summary" on the left sidebar from the Home page was a link to a report/table
> called "Budget vs. Spending.  The table eas titled "Compare Actual Spending
> to Your Budget" and near the top had a drop down box to select the time
> period for the table.  Below the table had the actual categories, spending,
> budget and difference in columns.  Order was by category.
>
> I can't find this same table/report in 2007.  Closest is viewing "Monthly
> Budget report - similar layout but no time choice drop down box.
>
> Anyone know if I can get a similar report in the 2007 version?
0
Gary103 (266)

Duplicate budget entry but missing bill
Hi all, I've got a problem in MS Money 2004 where there appears to be a rogue, ie. missing bill payment that is not displayed in the bills and payments listing but IS included in the budget. I have trawled user groups and the MS knowledge base for fixes and the category move for all historical transactions does not work in my case. I've also tried deleting past budgets but it makes no difference. There is still this one bill entry that when I try to edit it from the budget screen, no bill payment details come up - it's as if the program has lost the reference to it somehow...

Pivot Table
Is it possible to add a "dynamic" field to a Pivot Table? For example: I have two columns A and B. I want the dynamic field to show B-A. More specifically, I'd like the Delta (B-A) column to show the growing total of the difference. A---B--Delta 0---1----1 3---4----2 0---0----2 1---1----2 1---7----8 2---3----9 I know a database would be better for this, and I know there are options with VB scripting; however, just assume neither of those can be done. Thanks, JC -- carlyman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ carlyman's Profile: ...

Powerpoint: enable custom animations inside a table
suggestion for Microsoft: add a way to animate the content of tables created with PPT 2007 by cell, by row, by column. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3b652f6a-bd6a-45c7-a9...

Verifying table structure...
Hi all, I've worked with databases before and have the general concepts of normalization, but of course when applying, it can become overwhelming. I'm working on creating a pond database for work that will record data from pond samples we collect. I want to "measure twice, cut once" and do as best as I can with the design of this database from the beginning... These are some of the tables I have: t_PondList (primary field of PondID, non-key fields of PondName, PondLocation, SampleFreq, GeogrArea, TestType, and SampleLocation) t_SamplerList (primary fie...

Budget, Budget, Budget
Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. If you read more posts you will discover lots of people have the same question but nobody has the answer. March is coming soon. "Dick" <jaber1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:T6ydncerW_phoI_fRVn-rg@comcast.com... > Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me > know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. > > ...

Mystery budget numbers
I have recently set up a new budget in Money. In the new budget, two line item show up with incorrect numbers. I have bill payment setup for my car insurance, and my renter's insurance. These bills create autmoatic line items. However, in the budget report, the "budgeted amount" for both of these items show up four time their original amounts. I have deleted all old budgets, and started with a blank budget, rather than an auto fill. Any ideas? There's a bug in money that bills previously set up but deleted remain in the budget. As far as I know, that's n...

Anniversary/Event vs. Appointment
I don't see how to create anniversaries and holidays and such, as opposed to, appointments and making them last all day. Doing the latter displays as a two day appointment on some calendars. ...

How can I create a Sales form that can update both the Product and Sales Tables
Am creating a Product-Sales Database, and I would like the corresponding Sales made in the Sale Table to be automatically deducted or to be reflected in the Product Table. The product table contains all my stock and has a relationship with the Sales Table. The Sale Table does not necessarily include the Stock. How can I create possibly a Sales Form that will be used as an entry point for all the products (stock) sold and automatically register the sold products in the Sales Table and at the same time make the required adjustments in the Products Table. ----------------------------------------...

non budgeted items in budget
I created a budget and chose the option to "save remaining money toward savings goals" option for what to do with left over money each month (unbudgeted money). When I spend some of that unbudgeted money, say i buy a cd which isn't in my budget, it doesn't show up in my budget summary. So, if i spent a million dollars on cd's every month but cd's weren't in my budget, it would look like i am still within my budget. I think in previous versions of money (prior to 2006) the budget always showed something like "spending in non budgeted categories"...

Update table 12-26-07
Hi, I've 2 Textboxes on my form: FROM,TO and a combobox called AGENT I want to select an agent in the combobox then press on a button so that I may Write the agent in all the records between FROM and TO in a tabe called CAP How can i do this? On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:24:00 -0800, Pietro <Pietro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > > I've 2 Textboxes on my form: FROM,TO and a combobox called AGENT > I want to select an agent in the combobox then press on a button so that I >may Write the agent in all the records between FROM and TO in a tabe called...

Weekly budget start day
How do I make my weekly budget start on Friday instead of Monday? I don't think you can. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Jennifer Cassell" <j.cassell@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:05ef01c35adb$545f8670$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Function needed to search and pull data from 1 table to another
Really need some help to determine what function/formula to use. Table A contains names of Learners and their job functions. The same learner could be there twice, and some learners have no job funtion. Learner Name Job Function A, EASWAR Marketing A, EASWAR Marketing Aarts, Hans Abib, Marcelo Research Abib, Marcelo Research Abo El Azayem, Mohamed HR Abou-Taleb, Khaled Marketing Aceña Garcia, Luis Sales The second table just has learner names. I need to pull the job function from the other table to this. However, note that there could be someone on this list that is no...

Budget Balances in "Edit Budget" but not in "Budget Planner"
I hope some one can help me understand this point. I have just started using Money 2003 and this is the first month that all the numbers should balance out. Unfortunately when I click Budget Planner the "Budgeted Expenses" come out to be MUCH more than the amounts I entered in "Edit Budget". It seems as though some areas like Bills: Electricity are double or trippled in the budgeted section. I have gone in to edit budget and tried to correct the errors, however the number already entered are correct. Does money rollover amounts not used during the previous mo...

Grouping daily transactions by month (using pivot tables), across years
Hello - Could someone please let me know the best way to use a pivot table to group daily transactions into monthly totals. I noticed there is a "Group and Show Detail" option----but it seems to be unable to portray 2 separate Januarys when they fall into two separate years. For instance, if my data is 1/1/07 1000 1/4/07 8000 1/19/08 10000 I just get a total for January, rather than two separate totals for Jan 07 and Jan 08. Is there a way to allow the pivot tables to show Monthly totals, but ensure that I can distinguish between years? Is there possibly a way to in...

Pivot table drop down lists
I tried searching but could not find an answer to this... I have a pivo table with 200 different names. As we all know when I add new names th get put on the bottom of teh drop down list in the pivot table. Anyon know how to make it so that the drop down list is sorte alphabetically, without taking the field out and putting it back in -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click on the field button Choose Field Settings Click the Advanced Button Under AutoSort options, choose Ascending. Click OK, click OK Later, you can reset the field to Manual, if you prefer. eluehmann...

separate vs. concatenate
I have to Import some Tables from Access into Excel. The field names in the tables, and I don't have access to the database to add captions. Is there a formula I could use (with a helper column) to separate the words in a Field Name such as: PayRate? Thanks, tj Check out Data>Text To Columns -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "tjtjjtjt" <tjtjjtjt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B4D8E52-ABEA-4613-B6DD-47C94A8217EE@microsoft.com... > I have to I...

Can Money manage my budget like this?
I am trying to configure Money 2007 Deluxe Trial to accomplish the following things for me, yet I'm having trouble wrapping my brain on how to accomplish it. Right now I'm living paycheck to paycheck and need something to help me budget out my grocery/leftover expenses so I'll know I have enough for my bills that come at different times of the month. I'd also like the ability to help me plan how much I need to save for future vacations and things of that nature. Is there an online guide to help me configure Money in such a manner? Do I need the Premium edition for any of...

Pivot table show all days of a month even if no data
Hello, My question is the following. If i have data based on date (days). How to show all the days of the month even if there is no data for some days in the month ? I have a hole in pivot table ! Thank you in advance for your help. start off the pivot table data with blank records of all the dates in the range you want. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Elan lent" wrote: > Hello, > > My question is the following. If i have data based on date (days). > How to ...

Time calculations for Scheduled Time vs. Actual Time Worked
I am trying to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) Formula A3...

Film/video Budget?
Fire destroyed our computer holding Budgets. Can anyone please email us an Excel video production budget form? We're desparate. Ray Bright, Producer Lexicon Media 724-327-0889 -- Ursmare ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ursmare's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399738 http://www.videobeach.com/sfi.htm Ain't Google wonderful. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Ursmare" <Ursmare.1ufn6a_1125162300.7452@excelforu...

Inventory Table: Itemtype field?
Hi there, I have a question that I need an answer to, and I am looking for some advise… First, the question…I am trying to find the “itemtype” definition for the inventory table in GP 7.5. Does anyone know what table these are in? Looking at the data in IV00101, I see values of 1 though 5. Now, over the past 6 months, I have been developing a Macromedia Flash\ColdFusion application that connects directly to the underlying tables in Great Plains 7.5. The main purpose of the application is for human resource management and scheduling, but it has many other features besides scheduling...

Making Savings and Spending Budget in M07 act like Advance Budget
I discovered my M06 Deluxe data file had the slow problem related to budgets. Upon opening M06, I would wait 45 to 60 seconds while my CPU was pegged at 100% before I would try to do anything. Also, some transaction seemed to take a long time to enter. After reading several notes, it seemed this was unusual and needed fixed. The way I discovered my problem was I installed M07 Deluxe (got it free from Staples with Taxcut after rebate) on another machine and converted my M06 file and did the "Remove all Bills Data" or more commonly referred to as "Nuke the Bills". I re-...

How to Autofill a field based on a table of values
I have a form based on a main table of geographic features. However, for all new records, I would like to have the Geography Feature ID field autofill based on a separate table of allowable values. I would use the autonumber format for this, however, the allowable values are a list of letter codes (i.e. AAAA through to AAAZ). I already have several records with acceptable codes...however I would like all future records to pull ID's from this table. What would be the best way to go about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. The following link has code whic...

Automatically updating table
Hi, In excel, there is a nice feture that allow to insert table from different web pages. Is there a way to update at once all tables coming from web sites without using data menu then refresh data for each table ? I have an excel sheet that links 50 tables.... Thanks and regards Jean Simon Maybe something like this: Sub Refr() Dim QT As QueryTable For Each QT In ActiveSheet.QueryTables QT.Refresh Next QT End Sub Hope this helps Rowan "Jean Simon" wrote: > Hi, > > In excel, there is a nice feture that allow to insert table from different > web...

Why am i over budget?
Hi again, Im using Money 2006. I have set up a budget on a few items, and am finding that I am over budget on 'Transport'. I have set up 'bills' to account for weekly payments for fuel for my car. It is the middle of the month (two weeks in) and the Spending Tracker is telling my i am over budget. I can understand why, as it has set a budgeted limit = $0 on Transport. So when it takes the difference between Actual and Budgeted, it arrives at a negative value. Could someone tell me how on earth Money has estimated my budget limit for transport = $0 given the fact that s...