Budget question - Money 2006 Canadian

All,

I have a question. I am struggling setting up the budget for my income.
Problem is that we get salary increases in Mid year, and Money 2006 is
reporting the paychecks trough the year (it will be nice, but)

Any idea how to setup the budget when Paycheck 1 is till may, and
Paycheck 2 starts in June? I tried putting end payment for the paycheck
1 and starting second one next month, but it didn't work. It was still
reporting 2 incomes.

AJ
0
travolta (1)
1/20/2006 2:30:35 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

"AJ" <travolta@alextec.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I have a question. I am struggling setting up the budget for my income.
> Problem is that we get salary increases in Mid year, and Money 2006 is
> reporting the paychecks trough the year (it will be nice, but)
>
> Any idea how to setup the budget when Paycheck 1 is till may, and Paycheck
> 2 starts in June? I tried putting end payment for the paycheck 1 and
> starting second one next month, but it didn't work. It was still reporting
> 2 incomes.

If you look in the annual budget report, you'll find they probably don't
actually overlap.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)

MS POS v.2.0 Questions
We received our v.2.0 installation CD several weeks ago but remain reticent about performing the upgrade. We ran into numerous performance issues with v.1.0 (fatal crashes, database connectivity, slipping into Practice Mode inexplicably) and would like to know if anyone has upgraded and what issues resulted. How well does v.2.0 connect to your backoffice financial app? We are using Office Accounting Pro 2007 and want to know if inventory posts are two-way (i.e., when inventory is received and entered in Office Accounting, will POS show the new inventory count)? Yes. Inventory, ite...

Duplicate budget entry but missing bill
Hi all, I've got a problem in MS Money 2004 where there appears to be a rogue, ie. missing bill payment that is not displayed in the bills and payments listing but IS included in the budget. I have trawled user groups and the MS knowledge base for fixes and the category move for all historical transactions does not work in my case. I've also tried deleting past budgets but it makes no difference. There is still this one bill entry that when I try to edit it from the budget screen, no bill payment details come up - it's as if the program has lost the reference to it somehow...

Budget, Budget, Budget
Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. If you read more posts you will discover lots of people have the same question but nobody has the answer. March is coming soon. "Dick" <jaber1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:T6ydncerW_phoI_fRVn-rg@comcast.com... > Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me > know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. > > ...

Mystery budget numbers
I have recently set up a new budget in Money. In the new budget, two line item show up with incorrect numbers. I have bill payment setup for my car insurance, and my renter's insurance. These bills create autmoatic line items. However, in the budget report, the "budgeted amount" for both of these items show up four time their original amounts. I have deleted all old budgets, and started with a blank budget, rather than an auto fill. Any ideas? There's a bug in money that bills previously set up but deleted remain in the budget. As far as I know, that's n...

mailbox question #4
For my exchange mail stores, I have granted full permissions to an admin user to look at all user emails. How do I get Outlook (2003) to show all the mailboxes for which the current user has permission? Right now, outlook just shows the mailbox for the admin user. thanks sm You will have to go into the profile of the admin user and add all the mailboxes that you want him/her to look at. By default Outlook only shows the mailbox that it was configured for. Scott McFadden wrote: > For my exchange mail stores, I have granted full permissions to an admin > user to look at a...

non budgeted items in budget
I created a budget and chose the option to "save remaining money toward savings goals" option for what to do with left over money each month (unbudgeted money). When I spend some of that unbudgeted money, say i buy a cd which isn't in my budget, it doesn't show up in my budget summary. So, if i spent a million dollars on cd's every month but cd's weren't in my budget, it would look like i am still within my budget. I think in previous versions of money (prior to 2006) the budget always showed something like "spending in non budgeted categories"...

Borderart Questions
Hello Folks For the first time, I want to use a borderart on a page that has a background. Unfortunately most borderart results in an ugly white line around the inner edge of the borderart itself. I do realise why the line is there on some of the borderarts, but why it is there on say 'swirligig' is beyond me. Is there way or workaround to make the white line disappear? Also, is there a Microsoft or other link to download more borderart. I realise it is possible to make some yourself but it always tends to look a bit rubbish and the same ones over the years tends to get a bit bo...

Weekly budget start day
How do I make my weekly budget start on Friday instead of Monday? I don't think you can. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Jennifer Cassell" <j.cassell@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:05ef01c35adb$545f8670$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Exch 03 Backup Question
I have a question. I am going to be upgrading our backup software and I have seen peoples opinion on this and I am trying to figure out what is the best option. I am also VERY new to Exch03. Do I need to buy the exch agent or could I just use ntbackup to backup everything I need? If you just want to backup the files on the server you can use the regular BackupExec agent. If you want to backup the mailboxes and their individial contents then you'll need the BackupExec Exchange agent. On 6 Mar, 16:45, Jeff <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a question. I am going...

Budget Balances in "Edit Budget" but not in "Budget Planner"
I hope some one can help me understand this point. I have just started using Money 2003 and this is the first month that all the numbers should balance out. Unfortunately when I click Budget Planner the "Budgeted Expenses" come out to be MUCH more than the amounts I entered in "Edit Budget". It seems as though some areas like Bills: Electricity are double or trippled in the budgeted section. I have gone in to edit budget and tried to correct the errors, however the number already entered are correct. Does money rollover amounts not used during the previous mo...

5 Questions!
Help with any or all of the below would be hugely appreciated: 1. When adding a new contact in Outlook 2003, the default phone numbers are Business, Home, Business Fax and Mobile. I realise you can change the fields, but is there a way to set as default your preferred arrangment? This would then apply to others' contact cards when they are opened. 2. Is there a way to have more than 1 number under a specific field (such as more than one 'Home Telephone' entry for one contact)? Outlook rejects any attempt I make at doing this. 3. When synchronising with a Bluetooth device ...

CInternetSession question
Have written some handlers that login to various websites to extract data. I need the facility to log in to the same website with two different accounts running in the same application. I use different CInternetSession objects but I can't seem to create two unique sessions from within the same application, i.e the two sessions always become the same as the last one to have logged in. As far as I am aware I am handling the session cookies correctly, can anyone explain this behaviour or any ways around it? Many Thanks in advance. -- Paul... ...

Question on VBA
Hi, This is a partial copy of my VBA macro. My question is: Is possible in VBA to execute a sub in an " If ... then statement?" If TopCell Is Nothing Then MsgBox myStr(iCtr) & " wasn't found" Exit Sub --- here can I request the execution of sub instead of Exit sub? Else .Range(TopCell, BotCell).Select End If Next iCtr End With Thanks, Hi you can call another sub. Just insert it instead of exit sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions...

Making Savings and Spending Budget in M07 act like Advance Budget
I discovered my M06 Deluxe data file had the slow problem related to budgets. Upon opening M06, I would wait 45 to 60 seconds while my CPU was pegged at 100% before I would try to do anything. Also, some transaction seemed to take a long time to enter. After reading several notes, it seemed this was unusual and needed fixed. The way I discovered my problem was I installed M07 Deluxe (got it free from Staples with Taxcut after rebate) on another machine and converted my M06 file and did the "Remove all Bills Data" or more commonly referred to as "Nuke the Bills". I re-...

Formula date question
I am having trouble with a formula that calculates the weekending date (Saturday) for a cell. For example, if I enter Nov 2 in cell B6, I want cell A2 to show 11/5 which is the weekending date. Ideas? Thanks, Dino On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:58:18 -0500, "Dino" <dinolowe_nospam_@comcast.net> wrote: >I am having trouble with a formula that calculates the weekending date >(Saturday) for a cell. For example, if I enter Nov 2 in cell B6, I want cell >A2 to show 11/5 which is the weekending date. > >Ideas? > >Thanks, >Dino > =B6+7-WEEKDAY(B6) ...

Film/video Budget?
Fire destroyed our computer holding Budgets. Can anyone please email us an Excel video production budget form? We're desparate. Ray Bright, Producer Lexicon Media 724-327-0889 -- Ursmare ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ursmare's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399738 http://www.videobeach.com/sfi.htm Ain't Google wonderful. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Ursmare" <Ursmare.1ufn6a_1125162300.7452@excelforu...

Basic Question on autocomplete function
Hi everyone, my first time on the forum and my first thread. I apologize if this is already located on the forum here. I tried searching, but came up with many unrelated threads so I thought I'd give this a shot. I am trying to auto complete a link to another worksheet by corner dragging a formula over a ROW in one worksheet FROM data in the COLUMN of another worksheet. In other words: Worksheet 1: E9, F9, G9, should point to (respectively), Worksheet 2: C2, C3, C4 The auto complete formula function does not recognize what I'm trying to do. And I have to do this with t...

MFC Question
I have an MFC application that uses some business objects created a few years ago in the form of "extension dlls." I've been updating it now for quite a while. I recently got a request to develop a browser-based interface to support telecommuting staff. I have the option to develop it in Java/JSP as our company only wants to support Apache servers. But, to ease my pain, they're allowing me to run an IIS server so I can program it in .NET. My question is, how do I use my MFC business objects in a JSP or .NET web application? I simply do not want to re-write them in anyt...

Why am i over budget?
Hi again, Im using Money 2006. I have set up a budget on a few items, and am finding that I am over budget on 'Transport'. I have set up 'bills' to account for weekly payments for fuel for my car. It is the middle of the month (two weeks in) and the Spending Tracker is telling my i am over budget. I can understand why, as it has set a budgeted limit = $0 on Transport. So when it takes the difference between Actual and Budgeted, it arrives at a negative value. Could someone tell me how on earth Money has estimated my budget limit for transport = $0 given the fact that s...

Continuing VLOOKUP Question
Hi, I have been trying to use the VLOOKUP function to provide two additional columns of data given one column. I have account numbers and need to generate corresponding account names and tax ids. The following was suggested to me in another post but it does not do all that I need to do (But it's a start.) : "Subject: Re: VLOOKUP Function Question From: BenjieLop BenjieLop.1eluwn@excelforum-nospam.com Date: 10/23/2004 7:30 PM Central Daylight Time Message-id: <BenjieLop.1eluwn@excelforum-nospam.com> Assume that you have the following table in Sheet1: Column A : Account ...

naive question from a newbie
Please bear with me,, I am actually not a C programmer but some other non Microsoft program tool user. I need a routine to extract a certain form of date string from a blob string and also need to know the first location I can find that string. The tool I am using is capable of calling any functional and routines in a dll. I will like to call some dll commonly found in the native windows XP or windows 2003 or solving my problem. The problem: I did not have success in searching with the right term in Google or msdn for my desired answer. I don't even know the name of the functi...

Error in uploading budget
Hello, We are currently using GP 9 and I have come accross the following message. The number of periods for the budget does not match the number of columns in Excel. Import will not be able to complete. We have double checked the format of our uploads and everything appears to be okay. We also exported a current uploaded budget to excel and then attempted to import the same budget and received the same message. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Rebecca, found the following: This issue occurs if there is only one blank row at the top of the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. To res...

Serveral Questions
Server Info. Windows 2003 sp1 Exchange 2003 sp1 Clients - Outlook 2003 (all updates and patches installed) Exchange internet email address - user@myexchange.com (Works awsome!!) ISP Email address - user@myisp.com (Email sent to user@myisp.com is forwarded to user@myexchange.com at the ISP level - This may be the issue for question 1, Im not sure) 1) Reply's and Forwards. user@myisp.com is set as the default email account in Outlook 2003. When a user clicks "New Mail" the default outgoing is correct. However when a user reply's or forwards an email the default changes t...

2006 Closing Issue
Hello - I closed my 2006 financials and there is an $$ amt in Sales that is coming across to 2007 as a balance brought forward. I checked the account and it is a post to Profit & Loss. Any ideas on how to make this adjustment? I did a another backup and "closed" 2006 again and a couple other things, but this darn figure won't go away. First of all, unless you restored your db after the first closing, you should not have closed again. Your 2006 closed to 2007 and now the 2007 closed to 2008! What date is the end of your fiscal year? Could you have postings into the ...

QUESTION about LINK : warning ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C49FB4.2F3700C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear: I build an ISAPI Filter using Extension Wizard ,when I Build a release = version of the filter the following warning appeared: LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to 'OLEAUT32.dll' discarded by = /OPT:REF why this warning generated? and what it is mean? Regards ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C49FB4.2F3700C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-...