Budget problems #3

I am using Money 2001 Standard and have set up a budget
for the first time.  I have multiple accounts in my file,
including a checking account, a cash account, a couple of
credit card accounts, and side accounts for my minor
children.  [The children's accounts are actually part of
my checking account.  When I balance, I enter their
amounts as a dummy deposit and afterwards make a dummy
withdrawal.]  My problem is that the budget creator
only "reads" entries from my cash account, and I need to
track spending in my checking account and my cash
account.  What am I doing wrong?
0
anonymous (74719)
4/23/2004 9:53:50 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Check the settings for "include in Budget Planner" or something similar in
the Checking Account Details.

"Sara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Money 2001 Standard and have set up a budget
> for the first time.  I have multiple accounts in my file,
> including a checking account, a cash account, a couple of
> credit card accounts, and side accounts for my minor
> children.  [The children's accounts are actually part of
> my checking account.  When I balance, I enter their
> amounts as a dummy deposit and afterwards make a dummy
> withdrawal.]  My problem is that the budget creator
> only "reads" entries from my cash account, and I need to
> track spending in my checking account and my cash
> account.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Dick.  This was so simple.  Yet I searched and
searched in help and even watched the budget planner
video.  Why are things so hard to find?

0
anonymous (74719)
4/24/2004 8:09:43 PM
It's just part of the perversity of modern living. Glad you've got the
solution you needed. Thanks for the feedback.

> Thanks, Dick.  This was so simple.  Yet I searched and
> searched in help and even watched the budget planner
> video.  Why are things so hard to find?

Problem managing rules in outlook 2003
i am unable to create new rules as there exists too many rules. But already existing rules are also not working. There are some rules that are shown as (client only). I am unable to select those rules for running or deleting them. Is any of you aware of this kind of problem? The amount of rules that you can create is limited when you are connecting to Exchange. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/34 Rules that cannot be edited or deleted are probably created in a later version of Outlook. To solve this see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/139 If your newly created rul...

problems with setup /forest prep
Here is the problem I have been having. I go to run setup /forestprep. Everything runs normally untill I get to the EULA. I accept it then the setup up program just kinda goes away. I know I have sufficent permissions. I'm on the forest root. If I go into the task manager I can see setup.exe there running. It's a long shot, but I had a similar strange problem, it turns out, the DC, a three year old dell server, needed a RAID controller firmware update. There was some issue with how it was doing RAID, the server itself and everything else in the domain worked normally, (e...

Duplicate budget entry but missing bill
Hi all, I've got a problem in MS Money 2004 where there appears to be a rogue, ie. missing bill payment that is not displayed in the bills and payments listing but IS included in the budget. I have trawled user groups and the MS knowledge base for fixes and the category move for all historical transactions does not work in my case. I've also tried deleting past budgets but it makes no difference. There is still this one bill entry that when I try to edit it from the budget screen, no bill payment details come up - it's as if the program has lost the reference to it somehow...

Budget, Budget, Budget
Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. If you read more posts you will discover lots of people have the same question but nobody has the answer. March is coming soon. "Dick" <jaber1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:T6ydncerW_phoI_fRVn-rg@comcast.com... > Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me > know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. > > ...

Excel Chart #3
I've created a chart in Excel with two x axis', I am trying to add a 3rd data source to plot on the chart, when I add the 3rd source, my second line disappears. Maybe, you have the same problem that Mark has in the concurrent discussion "Adding multiple source data to chart" -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <007601c3aa0d$5d64cdd0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I've created a ...

Mystery budget numbers
I have recently set up a new budget in Money. In the new budget, two line item show up with incorrect numbers. I have bill payment setup for my car insurance, and my renter's insurance. These bills create autmoatic line items. However, in the budget report, the "budgeted amount" for both of these items show up four time their original amounts. I have deleted all old budgets, and started with a blank budget, rather than an auto fill. Any ideas? There's a bug in money that bills previously set up but deleted remain in the budget. As far as I know, that's n...

Problem with Excel 2007 and Personal.XLS
I just made a change to a macro file and am now getting the following error: "The file you are trying to open, 'Personal.XLS', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file." If I accept this error, things procede normally, but it's a PITA to have to accept this every time I start Excel. FWIW, I've changed macros before in Excel 2007 without seeing this error, so am not sure what the problem might be. I've dug and dug but been able to resolve the situat...

CRM 3.0 Email Tracking
This is a simple question, but I haven't worked in CRM 3.0 in a while and cannot remember the correct answer... In CRM 3.0, when tracking an email message, will CRM look to all 3 out of the box email fields on the Contact record or is it just the EmailAddress1 field? It will look at all email fields. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx "Danielle Aronson" wrote: > This is a simple question, but I haven't worked in CRM 3.0 in a while and > cannot reme...

Outlook 07 Address book problem with Windows 7
I have a new laptop with Windows 7, and MS Outlook 2007. My contacts came in fine, but my address book is blank, and will not let me add contacts from the contacts folders (Greyed out). I've tried everything with Outlook, and suspect it is a Windows 7 problem because I created a new user in Windows, and it let me use the address book function. Previous versions of Windows allowed you to go into your User accounts, and cahnge the e-mail account settings, but I cannot find this in Windows 7. Does anyone know how to change these settings in Windows 7? Email setting? - th...

macro to all workbooks #3
is there possible to apply the macro to all workbooks in excel> ...

Inter-store transfer problems. Becoming a big problem. #2
We have HQ and Store Ops here in the office. Our warehouse manager uses Store Ops to transfer out inventory to the various store locations. We've been experiencing some unusual problems. For example, a transfer out request was made here using Store Ops last week but I don't think it went through, yet the HQ transfer reports states that order number is closed. The store we transferred to, their store ops does not even list the that order number in their "transfer in" list even if I filter the status to all and set the dates accordingly. Meanwhile the store ops in the offic...

Problem with recurring deposit
Hi, I set up my direct deposit paycheck as a recurring deposit. Because the every other week direct depost may vary by several hundred dollars, the amount is entered as an estimate. Money 04 never recognizes each subsequent downloaded deposit as being the recurring deposit, even though the name (ie "Hospital OPay") is the same, and the dates match exactly. Any ideas? Thanks... In microsoft.public.money, Lee Miller wrote: > >I set up my direct deposit paycheck as a recurring deposit. Because the >every other week direct depost may vary by several hundred dollars, th...

ANN: Resolver One 1.3 released
We are proud to announce the release of Resolver One, version 1.3. Resolver One is an Excel-compatible spreadsheet designed for reliability. It's programmable in Python, integrates easily with .NET, and comes with a built-in Web server. It runs on Windows, and there's a free version for non-commercial use. For version 1.3, we've made two big changes: * Our Web server, which (as you would expect) allows you to expose your spreadsheets to other people as web applications, is now included - in the free version of the software too! (It was previously a commercial-only product.) * W...

Outllok 2003 not receiving problems.....
Have Outlook 2003 and am not receiving all my emails - some are coming through and others are not. Any advice? This just started happening. ...

Problems printing reports in 2003 MS Access
Help! I recently created a patient database for a medical clinic. The database was designed so that users could enter patient info on a form and then print out the entered data in a report. Each new patient because a new "page" in the report printout. Just recently, I became aware that the patient reports were not being displayed in chronological order (Patient #18 is followed by Patient #26, etc), which makes printing out recently entered reports difficult. I've tried a number of possible solutions: sorting by ascending date/ tim, removing any possible filters, adding an auto...

Outlook Stationary Problem
I am trying to help a user who is working with Outlook XP She has the "Clear Day" stationary set in Mail Format options. When composing a new email message the first line is set to "Paragraph" style instead of "Normal" If you skip a line using the down arrow it changes to Normal. All other stationaries work fine. I tried replacing the stationary files from another computer where I verified it works fine but the same issue occured. Anyone know how to fix this ..... without reinstalling Office. Thanks ...

outlook 2007 new msg. problem
hello, I use OL 2007 and it's configured with Microsoft Exchange Server, somthing went wrong with my OL and naw when I try to send a new msg. it delivered to it's destination but EMPTY, only the attachment exists, not the containts of the msg. Do messages sent to a POP account work ok? You could add a free account such as Gmail to test it (provided your network allows such access). "Mustafa" <Mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C328A9-AC0B-4720-AAF6-1148BCFA141F@microsoft.com... > hello, I use OL 2007 and it's configured with Microsof...

Automation COM Problem CListView FileRead
I have a few problems with an automation server application. I have written an SDI Doc/View application. There is a class which manages reading from different text files. In the application class I initilize the file in the InitInstance() method. In this class there is a pointer on the CDateOperations class BOOL CDPNotifierApp::InitInstance() { m_pDataOperations= new CDataOperations(); ... m_pDataOperations->InitContactsFile() ... } The init of the files works, but when I want to read the files via the ReadFromContactsFile() method I got an exception. When I do the same, when I have ...

header and footer problem
hi guys, we are having a problem about the microsoft word, we had created an header and footer in microsoft word 2007 details: - paper size - A4 - orientation - portrait - top - 0.5 - bottom - 1 header and footer header from top - 0.5 footer from bottom - 0.25 but when we print the page it does not turn out right. is there something that we missed? i am grateful to any suggestion on how to solve this problem. by the way, is there any possibilities that the document changes its features for example the document is created somewhere in asia then sent to europe and printe...

design problem
i have two tables as follows: orders table, fields: order number, quantity ordered, shipment code. invoices table, fields: order number, quantity received. most of the times our supplier does not ship all the quantities ordered. so this means that backorder items should be updated with a new shipment code. i cannot figure out the best way to do this because i have multiple entries of items with the same order number in both tables. i was thinking of creating a series of queries that would add records with negative quantities in the orders table with the initial shipment cod...

Sharing problems #2
Hello. I have a problem with a file. Whenever I email a file I create containing macros and a userform, the people I email it to get an erro message telling them that "the macro/object cannot be found" everytim they run the macros. What can I do -- FendeTesta ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FendeTestas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2851 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48102 FendeTestas Wrote: > Hello. > > I have a problem with a file. Whenever ...

Vlookup Return Problem
Hi everyone, I'm new at excell and having a problem with a return on a vlookup formula. I have a workbook with several sheets all the same execpt worksheet 6. Which has my zipcodes, city and state. I want to type in zip and get the exact match and return the city. My formula looks like this: =VLOOKUP(P11,MyLookup,2,FALSE) H11 sheet 1 is where I have entered my formula and want my return to display P11 sheet 1 is where I'm entering my zip On sheet 6 which you see below is my range name MyLookup 2 is column B on sheet 6 False is exact Sheet 6 ...

XML serialization problem #2
Hi all, I'm a .NET beginner and I've got a problem on a program where I try to do an XML serialization. I get the following error : "An unmanaged exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occured in mscorlib.dll Additonal information : the file or asssembly named n9gu4-bo.dll or one of its dependencies cannot be found" Here is the code : (I've uploaded the complete project at this url http://netorld.free.fr/Interface2.zip) public class Form1 : System.Windows.Forms.Form { .... .... public Form1() { InitializeComponent(); try { TextReader reade...

GAL problem after migration from 5.5 to 2003
Hi, I have a 5.5 site (residing in an NT4 domain) that belongs to an exchange organization with a 2003 site (routing group) that resides in an AD domain. My question: How do I ensure that directory objects from this 5.5 site can be found in the GAL that is generated by the 2003 site? The GAL gets its info from the AD but this AD does not contain info from the 5.5 site as the network on which the 5.5 site resides is on a different subnet (different country!) and so the Active Directory Migration Tool cannot be used to import the objects into the AD. Any help greatly appreciated Eric hav...

non budgeted items in budget
I created a budget and chose the option to "save remaining money toward savings goals" option for what to do with left over money each month (unbudgeted money). When I spend some of that unbudgeted money, say i buy a cd which isn't in my budget, it doesn't show up in my budget summary. So, if i spent a million dollars on cd's every month but cd's weren't in my budget, it would look like i am still within my budget. I think in previous versions of money (prior to 2006) the budget always showed something like "spending in non budgeted categories"...