Budget and Actual Income

   I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe.  How can I figure out what amounts money is
using to calculate my Actual Income on the Budget Summary Screen?   It would
be nice to drill down on the amount and see what is include.  The reason I'm
asking is because the amount is not what I think it should be base on 2
paychecks and X money in cash we receive in rent this month so far.  The
actual value is actually hundreds of dollars more and I'm trying to figure
out why.


0
Shadowz (42)
8/15/2005 4:47:50 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

8 Replies
551 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 16

"Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
news:11g1hosr69g7b26@corp.supernews.com...
>    I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe.  How can I figure out what amounts money
is
> using to calculate my Actual Income on the Budget Summary Screen?   It
would
> be nice to drill down on the amount and see what is include.  The reason
I'm
> asking is because the amount is not what I think it should be base on 2
> paychecks and X money in cash we receive in rent this month so far.  The
> actual value is actually hundreds of dollars more and I'm trying to figure
> out why.
>
>

I just switched to advance budget mode and can now see what is going on.
Money is using my Gross pay for each paycheck instead off my actual take
home pay total after deductions.  Yet another thing I have to try  fix and
figure out.


0
Shadowz (42)
8/15/2005 5:40:28 PM
Presumably the taxes and deductions are also included as expenses then.  If 
not, then yes, your budget needs more tweaking.

-- 

"Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message 
news:11g1l4e3h75q66b@corp.supernews.com...
>
> "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> news:11g1hosr69g7b26@corp.supernews.com...
>>    I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe.  How can I figure out what amounts money
> is
>> using to calculate my Actual Income on the Budget Summary Screen?   It
> would
>> be nice to drill down on the amount and see what is include.  The reason
> I'm
>> asking is because the amount is not what I think it should be base on 2
>> paychecks and X money in cash we receive in rent this month so far.  The
>> actual value is actually hundreds of dollars more and I'm trying to 
>> figure
>> out why.
>>
>>
>
> I just switched to advance budget mode and can now see what is going on.
> Money is using my Gross pay for each paycheck instead off my actual take
> home pay total after deductions.  Yet another thing I have to try  fix and
> figure out.
>
> 


0
bollar (385)
8/15/2005 6:01:23 PM
"Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
news:u2dRbNcoFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Presumably the taxes and deductions are also included as expenses then.
If
> not, then yes, your budget needs more tweaking.
>
> -- 
>
> "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> news:11g1l4e3h75q66b@corp.supernews.com...
> >
> > "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> > news:11g1hosr69g7b26@corp.supernews.com...
> >>    I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe.  How can I figure out what amounts
money
> > is
> >> using to calculate my Actual Income on the Budget Summary Screen?   It
> > would
> >> be nice to drill down on the amount and see what is include.  The
reason
> > I'm
> >> asking is because the amount is not what I think it should be base on 2
> >> paychecks and X money in cash we receive in rent this month so far.
The
> >> actual value is actually hundreds of dollars more and I'm trying to
> >> figure
> >> out why.
> >>
> >>
> >
> > I just switched to advance budget mode and can now see what is going on.
> > Money is using my Gross pay for each paycheck instead off my actual take
> > home pay total after deductions.  Yet another thing I have to try  fix
and
> > figure out.
> >
> >
>
>

Money let's me create what it calls a paycheck as a special category and a
special way to keep track of items on my paycheck.  I like this idea by the
way don't get me wrong.  But it then forces gross pay in the budget from the
paycheck, ignoring the actual paycheck  total.  I think this is a bug and
needs fixed.  Why give me a option to even create a paycheck in this way and
not use the actual paycheck total in the budget, this makes no sense.  When
I deposit a paycheck in my account it lists the paycheck total as my deposit
amount which happens to be the net pay.  Its not listing the gross pay as my
deposit amount because that would be wrong.  Then why in the hell don't  the
budget match this up correctly?





0
Shadowz (42)
8/15/2005 7:33:10 PM
This is by design -- not only does Money include gross wages as income, but 
it should also include all of the deductions as budgeted items.  If it 
doesn't, you should add those categories to your budget.

I understand that what you're asking is to have the budget based on net pay, 
but then the taxes, health care, contributions to savings accounts and other 
deductions from the paycheck would also have to be removed from the budget.

-- 

"Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message 
news:11g1ret18fn4892@corp.supernews.com...
>
> "Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
> news:u2dRbNcoFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Presumably the taxes and deductions are also included as expenses then.
> If
>> not, then yes, your budget needs more tweaking.
>>
>> -- 
>>
>> "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
>> news:11g1l4e3h75q66b@corp.supernews.com...
>> >
>> > "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
>> > news:11g1hosr69g7b26@corp.supernews.com...
>> >>    I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe.  How can I figure out what amounts
> money
>> > is
>> >> using to calculate my Actual Income on the Budget Summary Screen?   It
>> > would
>> >> be nice to drill down on the amount and see what is include.  The
> reason
>> > I'm
>> >> asking is because the amount is not what I think it should be base on 
>> >> 2
>> >> paychecks and X money in cash we receive in rent this month so far.
> The
>> >> actual value is actually hundreds of dollars more and I'm trying to
>> >> figure
>> >> out why.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> > I just switched to advance budget mode and can now see what is going 
>> > on.
>> > Money is using my Gross pay for each paycheck instead off my actual 
>> > take
>> > home pay total after deductions.  Yet another thing I have to try  fix
> and
>> > figure out.
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> Money let's me create what it calls a paycheck as a special category and a
> special way to keep track of items on my paycheck.  I like this idea by 
> the
> way don't get me wrong.  But it then forces gross pay in the budget from 
> the
> paycheck, ignoring the actual paycheck  total.  I think this is a bug and
> needs fixed.  Why give me a option to even create a paycheck in this way 
> and
> not use the actual paycheck total in the budget, this makes no sense. 
> When
> I deposit a paycheck in my account it lists the paycheck total as my 
> deposit
> amount which happens to be the net pay.  Its not listing the gross pay as 
> my
> deposit amount because that would be wrong.  Then why in the hell don't 
> the
> budget match this up correctly?
>
>
>
>
> 


0
bollar (385)
8/15/2005 7:40:21 PM
"Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
news:u3bIuEdoFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> This is by design -- not only does Money include gross wages as income,
but
> it should also include all of the deductions as budgeted items.  If it
> doesn't, you should add those categories to your budget.
>
> I understand that what you're asking is to have the budget based on net
pay,
> but then the taxes, health care, contributions to savings accounts and
other
> deductions from the paycheck would also have to be removed from the
budget.
>
> -- 
>
> "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> news:11g1ret18fn4892@corp.supernews.com...
> >
> > "Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
> > news:u2dRbNcoFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> Presumably the taxes and deductions are also included as expenses then.
> > If
> >> not, then yes, your budget needs more tweaking.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >>
> >> "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> >> news:11g1l4e3h75q66b@corp.supernews.com...
> >> >
> >> > "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:11g1hosr69g7b26@corp.supernews.com...
> >> >>    I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe.  How can I figure out what amounts
> > money
> >> > is
> >> >> using to calculate my Actual Income on the Budget Summary Screen?
It
> >> > would
> >> >> be nice to drill down on the amount and see what is include.  The
> > reason
> >> > I'm
> >> >> asking is because the amount is not what I think it should be base
on
> >> >> 2
> >> >> paychecks and X money in cash we receive in rent this month so far.
> > The
> >> >> actual value is actually hundreds of dollars more and I'm trying to
> >> >> figure
> >> >> out why.
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> > I just switched to advance budget mode and can now see what is going
> >> > on.
> >> > Money is using my Gross pay for each paycheck instead off my actual
> >> > take
> >> > home pay total after deductions.  Yet another thing I have to try
fix
> > and
> >> > figure out.
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Money let's me create what it calls a paycheck as a special category and
a
> > special way to keep track of items on my paycheck.  I like this idea by
> > the
> > way don't get me wrong.  But it then forces gross pay in the budget from
> > the
> > paycheck, ignoring the actual paycheck  total.  I think this is a bug
and
> > needs fixed.  Why give me a option to even create a paycheck in this way
> > and
> > not use the actual paycheck total in the budget, this makes no sense.
> > When
> > I deposit a paycheck in my account it lists the paycheck total as my
> > deposit
> > amount which happens to be the net pay.  Its not listing the gross pay
as
> > my
> > deposit amount because that would be wrong.  Then why in the hell don't
> > the
> > budget match this up correctly?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>

I see your point if you wanted to truly track that stuff in the budget, I
don't.  I want to preserve the paycheck detail only and I have no need what
so ever to track this in my budget.  The point from gross pay to net pay is
not even need in my budget, I know this all ready my spending has no effect
on this amount.   The point of my budget is to see where my money is going
after net pay. The reality I have is net pay is my actually money I have to
spend for the month as income and would like to base my budget off this if
possible.  However since I would like to keep my check detail in money I
seem to be in a pickle.  I need some type of solution that keeps both idea's
intact and Money's help is not helping.


0
Shadowz (42)
8/15/2005 8:41:34 PM
Unfortunately, Money cannot be all things for all people. Money is set
up to monitor the details of your paycheck between gross pay and net
pay. Those differences for taxes, health care, savings are important to
many people using Money. If you chose to ignore these items in Money
you can report only your net pay as your gross pay in Money. You would
be "faking it" but if that is what you want you can do it. But you will
have to think it all out, no way for Money to do this "automatically".
You need to do it manually. Good luck. Steve

0
sjcohen730 (458)
8/16/2005 12:07:31 AM
in peigham ast
"Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
news:u3bIuEdoFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> This is by design -- not only does Money include gross wages as income,
but
> it should also include all of the deductions as budgeted items.  If it
> doesn't, you should add those categories to your budget.
>
> I understand that what you're asking is to have the budget based on net
pay,
> but then the taxes, health care, contributions to savings accounts and
other
> deductions from the paycheck would also have to be removed from the
budget.
>
> --
>
> "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> news:11g1ret18fn4892@corp.supernews.com...
> >
> > "Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
> > news:u2dRbNcoFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> Presumably the taxes and deductions are also included as expenses then.
> > If
> >> not, then yes, your budget needs more tweaking.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> >> news:11g1l4e3h75q66b@corp.supernews.com...
> >> >
> >> > "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:11g1hosr69g7b26@corp.supernews.com...
> >> >>    I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe.  How can I figure out what amounts
> > money
> >> > is
> >> >> using to calculate my Actual Income on the Budget Summary Screen?
It
> >> > would
> >> >> be nice to drill down on the amount and see what is include.  The
> > reason
> >> > I'm
> >> >> asking is because the amount is not what I think it should be base
on
> >> >> 2
> >> >> paychecks and X money in cash we receive in rent this month so far.
> > The
> >> >> actual value is actually hundreds of dollars more and I'm trying to
> >> >> figure
> >> >> out why.
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> > I just switched to advance budget mode and can now see what is going
> >> > on.
> >> > Money is using my Gross pay for each paycheck instead off my actual
> >> > take
> >> > home pay total after deductions.  Yet another thing I have to try
fix
> > and
> >> > figure out.
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Money let's me create what it calls a paycheck as a special category and
a
> > special way to keep track of items on my paycheck.  I like this idea by
> > the
> > way don't get me wrong.  But it then forces gross pay in the budget from
> > the
> > paycheck, ignoring the actual paycheck  total.  I think this is a bug
and
> > needs fixed.  Why give me a option to even create a paycheck in this way
> > and
> > not use the actual paycheck total in the budget, this makes no sense.
> > When
> > I deposit a paycheck in my account it lists the paycheck total as my
> > deposit
> > amount which happens to be the net pay.  Its not listing the gross pay
as
> > my
> > deposit amount because that would be wrong.  Then why in the hell don't
> > the
> > budget match this up correctly?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>


0
8/22/2005 6:04:00 AM
in pehkjkljlklk
"Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
news:u3bIuEdoFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> This is by design -- not only does Money include gross wages as income,
but
> it should also include all of the deductions as budgeted items.  If it
> doesn't, you should add those categories to your budget.
>
> I understand that what you're asking is to have the budget based on net
pay,
> but then the taxes, health care, contributions to savings accounts and
other
> deductions from the paycheck would also have to be removed from the
budget.
>
> --
>
> "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> news:11g1ret18fn4892@corp.supernews.com...
> >
> > "Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
> > news:u2dRbNcoFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> Presumably the taxes and deductions are also included as expenses then.
> > If
> >> not, then yes, your budget needs more tweaking.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> >> news:11g1l4e3h75q66b@corp.supernews.com...
> >> >
> >> > "Shadowz" <Shadowz@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:11g1hosr69g7b26@corp.supernews.com...
> >> >>    I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe.  How can I figure out what amounts
> > money
> >> > is
> >> >> using to calculate my Actual Income on the Budget Summary Screen?
It
> >> > would
> >> >> be nice to drill down on the amount and see what is include.  The
> > reason
> >> > I'm
> >> >> asking is because the amount is not what I think it should be base
on
> >> >> 2
> >> >> paychecks and X money in cash we receive in rent this month so far.
> > The
> >> >> actual value is actually hundreds of dollars more and I'm trying to
> >> >> figure
> >> >> out why.
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> > I just switched to advance budget mode and can now see what is going
> >> > on.
> >> > Money is using my Gross pay for each paycheck instead off my actual
> >> > take
> >> > home pay total after deductions.  Yet another thing I have to try
fix
> > and
> >> > figure out.
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Money let's me create what it calls a paycheck as a special category and
a
> > special way to keep track of items on my paycheck.  I like this idea by
> > the
> > way don't get me wrong.  But it then forces gross pay in the budget from
> > the
> > paycheck, ignoring the actual paycheck  total.  I think this is a bug
and
> > needs fixed.  Why give me a option to even create a paycheck in this way
> > and
> > not use the actual paycheck total in the budget, this makes no sense.
> > When
> > I deposit a paycheck in my account it lists the paycheck total as my
> > deposit
> > amount which happens to be the net pay.  Its not listing the gross pay
as
> > my
> > deposit amount because that would be wrong.  Then why in the hell don't
> > the
> > budget match this up correctly?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>


0
8/22/2005 6:10:47 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Actual Duration
To capture actual duration I've added the Actual Duration column. If the actual duration is greater than the "planned duration" (i.e. Duration) then MS Project 2007 updates "planned duration" (i.e. Duration) to equal Actual Duration column. This is not what I want. I want Duration to stay the same and Actual to capture the actual time spent on task. Please help. Aimee -- Keep this principle in mind: "In Microsoft Project, actuals always replace estimates." If a task was supposed to take 5 days (a 5-day Duration) and the task actually to...

Duplicate budget entry but missing bill
Hi all, I've got a problem in MS Money 2004 where there appears to be a rogue, ie. missing bill payment that is not displayed in the bills and payments listing but IS included in the budget. I have trawled user groups and the MS knowledge base for fixes and the category move for all historical transactions does not work in my case. I've also tried deleting past budgets but it makes no difference. There is still this one bill entry that when I try to edit it from the budget screen, no bill payment details come up - it's as if the program has lost the reference to it somehow...

Budget, Budget, Budget
Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. If you read more posts you will discover lots of people have the same question but nobody has the answer. March is coming soon. "Dick" <jaber1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:T6ydncerW_phoI_fRVn-rg@comcast.com... > Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me > know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. > > ...

Mystery budget numbers
I have recently set up a new budget in Money. In the new budget, two line item show up with incorrect numbers. I have bill payment setup for my car insurance, and my renter's insurance. These bills create autmoatic line items. However, in the budget report, the "budgeted amount" for both of these items show up four time their original amounts. I have deleted all old budgets, and started with a blank budget, rather than an auto fill. Any ideas? There's a bug in money that bills previously set up but deleted remain in the budget. As far as I know, that's n...

non budgeted items in budget
I created a budget and chose the option to "save remaining money toward savings goals" option for what to do with left over money each month (unbudgeted money). When I spend some of that unbudgeted money, say i buy a cd which isn't in my budget, it doesn't show up in my budget summary. So, if i spent a million dollars on cd's every month but cd's weren't in my budget, it would look like i am still within my budget. I think in previous versions of money (prior to 2006) the budget always showed something like "spending in non budgeted categories"...

Budget Balances in "Edit Budget" but not in "Budget Planner"
I hope some one can help me understand this point. I have just started using Money 2003 and this is the first month that all the numbers should balance out. Unfortunately when I click Budget Planner the "Budgeted Expenses" come out to be MUCH more than the amounts I entered in "Edit Budget". It seems as though some areas like Bills: Electricity are double or trippled in the budgeted section. I have gone in to edit budget and tried to correct the errors, however the number already entered are correct. Does money rollover amounts not used during the previous mo...

Weekly budget start day
How do I make my weekly budget start on Friday instead of Monday? I don't think you can. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Jennifer Cassell" <j.cassell@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:05ef01c35adb$545f8670$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Erratic incoming SMPT Exchange 2003
I've a problems with some incoming messages on a relatively new Exchange 2003 install. I can see many more SMTP connections in the SMTP log than I am getting messages in the mailboxes. Some messages are getting delivered to mailboxes, some messages are not. I can't figure out what the factor in them not getting delivered it. No blacklists, no filters installed. Carol, So you see 5 messages for say jsmith@domain.com but only 3 have been delivered? Thanks, Chad "Carol Chisholm" wrote: > I've a problems with some incoming messages on a relatively new > ...

Annual income by employer report?
I'd like to see how much I've earned from a particular employer over a period of time. I select Transaction by Payee report. For Payee, I choose the employer, select "Wages and Salary" category and choose my Bank as the account, since I do a "paycheck" transaction on that account. The report is always zero. Any suggestions? Thanks, Brett 1) Reset the report before trying to customize it. There may be something like a text entry to search or a date range on another tab you aren't seeing. 2) Specify the minimum necessary to get the data you want. 3) M...

Can Money manage my budget like this?
I am trying to configure Money 2007 Deluxe Trial to accomplish the following things for me, yet I'm having trouble wrapping my brain on how to accomplish it. Right now I'm living paycheck to paycheck and need something to help me budget out my grocery/leftover expenses so I'll know I have enough for my bills that come at different times of the month. I'd also like the ability to help me plan how much I need to save for future vacations and things of that nature. Is there an online guide to help me configure Money in such a manner? Do I need the Premium edition for any of...

Making Savings and Spending Budget in M07 act like Advance Budget
I discovered my M06 Deluxe data file had the slow problem related to budgets. Upon opening M06, I would wait 45 to 60 seconds while my CPU was pegged at 100% before I would try to do anything. Also, some transaction seemed to take a long time to enter. After reading several notes, it seemed this was unusual and needed fixed. The way I discovered my problem was I installed M07 Deluxe (got it free from Staples with Taxcut after rebate) on another machine and converted my M06 file and did the "Remove all Bills Data" or more commonly referred to as "Nuke the Bills". I re-...

Film/video Budget?
Fire destroyed our computer holding Budgets. Can anyone please email us an Excel video production budget form? We're desparate. Ray Bright, Producer Lexicon Media 724-327-0889 -- Ursmare ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ursmare's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399738 http://www.videobeach.com/sfi.htm Ain't Google wonderful. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Ursmare" <Ursmare.1ufn6a_1125162300.7452@excelforu...

Time calculations for Scheduled Time vs. Actual Time Worked
I am trying to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) Formula A3...

Why am i over budget?
Hi again, Im using Money 2006. I have set up a budget on a few items, and am finding that I am over budget on 'Transport'. I have set up 'bills' to account for weekly payments for fuel for my car. It is the middle of the month (two weeks in) and the Spending Tracker is telling my i am over budget. I can understand why, as it has set a budgeted limit = $0 on Transport. So when it takes the difference between Actual and Budgeted, it arrives at a negative value. Could someone tell me how on earth Money has estimated my budget limit for transport = $0 given the fact that s...

Can my incoming email be returned while on vacation
I am going on vacation. Instead of having to return to overwhelming server downloading of all incoming emails, can I do some thing to automatically reply that I am away from the office? If your isp supports it, you can set up a vacation responder on the mail server. ( If you do it in outlook, you need to leave the computer running while you are on vacation.) This won't help much with the volume of mail you have to deal with when you get back though. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: h...

Error in uploading budget
Hello, We are currently using GP 9 and I have come accross the following message. The number of periods for the budget does not match the number of columns in Excel. Import will not be able to complete. We have double checked the format of our uploads and everything appears to be okay. We also exported a current uploaded budget to excel and then attempted to import the same budget and received the same message. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Rebecca, found the following: This issue occurs if there is only one blank row at the top of the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. To res...

SOP change the 'Actual ship date' in order header
Have the ability to change the 'Actual Ship Date' in the order header and rolldown to the items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=67d0f1ba-819a-40be-...

Can't see categories in Budget Planner/Won't load Monthly Budget report
In the last couple of days, Money stopped showing the categories under the budget details. In the "Review your current budget status" screen, under budget details, it usually shows each income and expense category and how I'm doing so far in the month. Now none of that shows. I have made sure to check View all budget items and show expense and income in the view menu, but this does not help. In addition, Money will no longer load the monthly budget report when I click "Other Tasks, view reports, monthly budget." I have this problem no matter what budget I...

Show actual values added instead of cell references? (=A1+A4 shows as =10+2 in cell)
Is there a way to do this via VBA or formula? I want to show the values that are added instead of the cell references. Let's say I want to Add use a cell to calculate =A1+A4...with A1=10 and A4 = 2, I want the cell result to be 12 however the formula to be =10+2 instead of =A1+A4...is this possible? Check one of your other posts. Naji wrote: > > Is there a way to do this via VBA or formula? > > I want to show the values that are added instead of the cell > references. Let's say I want to Add use a cell to calculate > =A1+A4...with A1=10 and A4 = 2, ...

Budgeting Features in Money
I'm trying to decide between Quickbooks and Microsoft Money for my parents. The single most important feature for me is to help them budget unexpected expenses. If for example they have an unexpected dental expense of $1600, I want them to be able to enter that into the software and have it visibly show them that they have less money to spend in the next two months, even before they have received the invoice or paid it. What features does Money have relative to this feature? -- Will "Will" <westes-usc@noemail.nospam> wrote in message news:xrSdnRBD9_AvHD_bnZ2dnUVZ_t...

Stopping Incoming emails
I would like to block all incoming emails for an extended period of time. I have someone out on maternity leave. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I would like to block all incoming emails for an extended > period of time. I have someone out on maternity leave. re-direct them to a dummy account. ...

Remove Reocurring Depoist from new budget
I'm planning a budget for my first year of college. Right now I have a reocurring depoist from my job, which is set to end on 8/15/04. I created a new budget, saved it and had set it's start and end dates to 8/25/04 to sometime in June next year. I open it up, and it has the Reocurring deposit in my income! I can't get rid of it at all. Any ideas? Unfortunately, BP pretty much ignores start/end date for recurring scheduled items. You might try deleting the schedule item, making a new budget, then adding back in the scheduled item. "Yohan" <anonymous@discussion...

Does connection filtering actually work?
I have two RBLs setup and connection filtering configured. Some IP addresses that aren't in the RBL's DBs are being blocked. What is the deal? I would _really_ like to use this feature if it actually works right. -Steven- Yes it works. Other reasons why a particular IP may be blocked - IP/SMTP filters, Global Deny List in connection filters, 3rd party utility that does rdns lookups and drops connections, et al. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Steven Platt&qu...

Actual hours
Hi All, I am using Project Server 2007 together with Project 2007 pro. For one of our enterprise projects I noticed that Actual Hours are not moved to project pro. I can see reported hours (actual hours) in Reporting database but I do not see them under Published database (for this some project of course). Do you know how to move hours to publish database? Just to give you overview since that week is possible for Project Manager to approve time submited by users and see them in Project Pro ( in published database). However for last 3 monts that hours are not in published dat...

How to Generate Pie Chart Report for Budget by Budget Group in Money 2008
All - Does anybody know how to generate a budget report by budget group using a pie chart? I caught a preview of this report when editing the budget on the 'budget summary' page and really liked it. It'd be nice to have that as a report without having to resort to exporting to excel to generate a similar pie chart. I feel like I'm missing something simple here... Thanks! Josh On Mar 6, 6:17 pm, Josh <jkharnes...@gmail.com> wrote: > All - > > Does anybody know how to generate a budget report by budget group > using a pie chart? I caught a pr...