Budget amounts are doubled

Due to errors I have had to delete and renter deposits and
bills but in the budget and in edit budget these amounts
are doubled even though they were deleted???. I tried to
correct these and it won't let me.

For example my mortgage payment is 460.00 but my budget
shows 920.00 every month; when I try to edit it just
bounces me back to the budget.

Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)
8/8/2004 5:02:57 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Is the budget amount correct next month? Changes to budget items are made to
the next budget period and not the one in progress.  If it's wrong *every*
month, then you might be better off starting a new budget.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Suelynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Due to errors I have had to delete and renter deposits and
> bills but in the budget and in edit budget these amounts
> are doubled even though they were deleted???. I tried to
> correct these and it won't let me.
>
> For example my mortgage payment is 460.00 but my budget
> shows 920.00 every month; when I try to edit it just
> bounces me back to the budget.
>
> Any ideas?

0
glyn1 (1534)
8/8/2004 9:42:11 AM
There's a bug that affects the budget when you delete a scheduled payment
model. It deletes it from the scheduled list but leaves it in the budget.
When you recreate the deleted model, it essentially duplicated the old bill
in the budget.

There's a complicated workaround that works, but I don't have the details at
hand. Maybe Dick has it on his FAQ? Or maybe it's in MSKB?
--
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

"Suelynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Due to errors I have had to delete and renter deposits and
> bills but in the budget and in edit budget these amounts
> are doubled even though they were deleted???. I tried to
> correct these and it won't let me.
>
> For example my mortgage payment is 460.00 but my budget
> shows 920.00 every month; when I try to edit it just
> bounces me back to the budget.
>
> Any ideas?

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
8/8/2004 6:56:12 PM
ah yes, there is one now you mention it. tried it the other day...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;318841

--

"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message
> There's a bug that affects the budget when you delete a scheduled payment
> model. It deletes it from the scheduled list but leaves it in the budget.
> When you recreate the deleted model, it essentially duplicated the old
> bill
> in the budget.
>
> There's a complicated workaround that works, but I don't have the details
> at
> hand. Maybe Dick has it on his FAQ? Or maybe it's in MSKB?
> --
> Chris Cowles,
> Gainesville, FL
>

> "Suelynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Due to errors I have had to delete and renter deposits and
>> bills but in the budget and in edit budget these amounts
>> are doubled even though they were deleted???. I tried to
>> correct these and it won't let me.
>>
>> For example my mortgage payment is 460.00 but my budget
>> shows 920.00 every month; when I try to edit it just
>> bounces me back to the budget.
>>
>> Any ideas?

0
glyn1 (1534)
8/8/2004 8:17:16 PM
I tried a new budget and lo and behold they are still
showing as doubled in the Debt category which is my
mortgage. I have no debt in my debt planner and I really
don't want it there but I can't seem to change it either.

I did find a work arount in Knowledge base article which
helped for some-#318841 but it wont help with the debt one.

scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft
your wishes or
>suggestions, use
>or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
especially
>if it's a UK specific wish.
>
>I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>"Suelynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Due to errors I have had to delete and renter deposits
and
>> bills but in the budget and in edit budget these amounts
>> are doubled even though they were deleted???. I tried to
>> correct these and it won't let me.
>>
>> For example my mortgage payment is 460.00 but my budget
>> shows 920.00 every month; when I try to edit it just
>> bounces me back to the budget.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/9/2004 4:51:57 PM
So how do you make changes to the current budget period?
And creating a new budget affects past months as well
unless I am not creating and saving correctly.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/9/2004 4:55:22 PM
> So how do you make changes to the current budget period?

You can't.

> And creating a new budget affects past months as well unless I am not
creating and saving correctly.

You are doing it correctly. It does what you say. That's why I export my
annual budget to an Excel spreadsheet at the beginning of the year, then
update it ~monthly from that month forward.

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
8/10/2004 2:21:06 AM
RE: You are doing it correctly. It does what you say.
That's why I export my
>annual budget to an Excel spreadsheet at the beginning of
the year, then
>update it ~monthly from that month forward.

Isn't that redundant? I went to Money04 so I could didn't
have to use excell anymore with multiple sheets and
workbooks for tracking.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/10/2004 3:55:10 PM
The workaround does not seem to work for the category DEBT.

Not that I want the bill in debt-money just put it there!!
Any ideas how to get it out of there?

0
anonymous (74722)
8/10/2004 4:13:45 PM
Technically you're supposed to reallocate funds to change the current period

--

> "Suelynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> So how do you make changes to the current budget period?
>
> You can't.
>
>> And creating a new budget affects past months as well unless I am not
> creating and saving correctly.
>
> You are doing it correctly. It does what you say. That's why I export my
> annual budget to an Excel spreadsheet at the beginning of the year, then
> update it ~monthly from that month forward.

0
glyn1 (1534)
8/11/2004 5:10:22 PM
Yes, but Money costs me about $25/year. If there are a few weaknesses, I'm
not too dissatisfied. Money takes care of all the transaction records and
aggregates them by category. Excel allows me more flexibility in dealing
with the summary data.

> Isn't that redundant? I went to Money04 so I could didn't
> have to use excell anymore with multiple sheets and
> workbooks for tracking.

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
8/11/2004 10:43:24 PM
You can't. It's a special category outside your control.

> The workaround does not seem to work for the category DEBT.
>
> Not that I want the bill in debt-money just put it there!!
> Any ideas how to get it out of there?

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
8/11/2004 10:44:02 PM
Nor does it seem to work for INCOME categories either.
I'm having a very similar problem with a ghost paycheck
series that I deleted without officially ending the
series.

The workaround doesn't work for me b/c whenever I attempt
to add a new paycheck to my budget, it automatically
picks up the old undeleted "ghost" paychecks as well.

These all seem to be various instantiations of the bug
that Ricky (ricky@nospam-calebscreek.com) documented in
his 8/3/04 "Budget Bug?" e-mail.  Does anyone know when
Msft plans to fix this issue (or if it has been fixed in
M2005)?

thanks
Buzz

0
anonymous (74722)

Duplicate budget entry but missing bill
Hi all, I've got a problem in MS Money 2004 where there appears to be a rogue, ie. missing bill payment that is not displayed in the bills and payments listing but IS included in the budget. I have trawled user groups and the MS knowledge base for fixes and the category move for all historical transactions does not work in my case. I've also tried deleting past budgets but it makes no difference. There is still this one bill entry that when I try to edit it from the budget screen, no bill payment details come up - it's as if the program has lost the reference to it somehow...

Budget, Budget, Budget
Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. If you read more posts you will discover lots of people have the same question but nobody has the answer. March is coming soon. "Dick" <jaber1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:T6ydncerW_phoI_fRVn-rg@comcast.com... > Can (will) anyone tell me why M05 averages February budget? Please let me > know if I'm doing something wrong? I sure would appreciated anyone's help. > > ...

Mystery budget numbers
I have recently set up a new budget in Money. In the new budget, two line item show up with incorrect numbers. I have bill payment setup for my car insurance, and my renter's insurance. These bills create autmoatic line items. However, in the budget report, the "budgeted amount" for both of these items show up four time their original amounts. I have deleted all old budgets, and started with a blank budget, rather than an auto fill. Any ideas? There's a bug in money that bills previously set up but deleted remain in the budget. As far as I know, that's n...

vista with Access 2003 crash on subform A-Z sort and double click
Consider the following set-up: Form (campaigns) with subform (customers part of a campaign), the sunform is in table view, allows users to sort on a column. Code in the double click event of the subform: When you double click it should open the customers form with only the customers for that campaign, starting with the customer you just clicked on This has been working well on all XP and Access 2003 machines but Access crashes every time when you do this on Vista plus Access 2003. Any ideas why and how to fix? Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String Dim...

non budgeted items in budget
I created a budget and chose the option to "save remaining money toward savings goals" option for what to do with left over money each month (unbudgeted money). When I spend some of that unbudgeted money, say i buy a cd which isn't in my budget, it doesn't show up in my budget summary. So, if i spent a million dollars on cd's every month but cd's weren't in my budget, it would look like i am still within my budget. I think in previous versions of money (prior to 2006) the budget always showed something like "spending in non budgeted categories"...

can I make a chart with large amount of information?
I have two columns of information 'Customer' and 'busy hour' I have over 200 entries for each column and want to put the information into a chart, can this be done? Thank you in advance Going only from what you say, yes it would be possible. However, you may get so many items in the axis label to make it unreadable. You will need to format the axis. To do this - Click anywhere on the label Click on <Format axis> Click on <Scale> Amend the value in <Number of categories between tick mark labels> Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solut...

Budget Balances in "Edit Budget" but not in "Budget Planner"
I hope some one can help me understand this point. I have just started using Money 2003 and this is the first month that all the numbers should balance out. Unfortunately when I click Budget Planner the "Budgeted Expenses" come out to be MUCH more than the amounts I entered in "Edit Budget". It seems as though some areas like Bills: Electricity are double or trippled in the budgeted section. I have gone in to edit budget and tried to correct the errors, however the number already entered are correct. Does money rollover amounts not used during the previous mo...

Weekly budget start day
How do I make my weekly budget start on Friday instead of Monday? I don't think you can. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Jennifer Cassell" <j.cassell@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:05ef01c35adb$545f8670$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

BCP Export of huge amount of data problem
Hello, we have a problem with exporting of huge amount of data (about 100mil. records) from DB to .csv file. We are running following command: bcp "SELECT * from MY_VIEW UNION SELECT * FROM MY_VIEW_HEADER ORDER BY ID DESC" queryout MyData.csv -c -t ; -o MyDataExport.log -a 8192 -S DbServer\MSSQL -T And after some time following error message is displayed: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]The transaction log for database 'tempdb' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databases. Could ...

Can Money manage my budget like this?
I am trying to configure Money 2007 Deluxe Trial to accomplish the following things for me, yet I'm having trouble wrapping my brain on how to accomplish it. Right now I'm living paycheck to paycheck and need something to help me budget out my grocery/leftover expenses so I'll know I have enough for my bills that come at different times of the month. I'd also like the ability to help me plan how much I need to save for future vacations and things of that nature. Is there an online guide to help me configure Money in such a manner? Do I need the Premium edition for any of...

Applied amount of PM Credit Memo
Alan Olney of ETC Global Solutions Limited recommended that the Withholding details should be indicated in the Applied Amount shown on the Payables Apply Zoom window, if the Credit Memo entered for the Vendor is subject to withholding. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in th...

Clean up old A/P amounts without posting through to GL
The subsidiary detail for accounts payable is the Historical Aged Trial Balance. On a few of our A/P vendors, this detail will show some old invoices, debit memos, and credit memos that go back a few years and should be deleted. Can these prior year amounts be deleted, or even debited / credited so they net to zero? And, can this be done so the amounts don't post through to the GL? They probably can't post through anyway for anything older than 2 years. Thanks, Mike Mike You can very much delete the payables trx history using GP Utilities. And Be assured nothing will post t...

Making Savings and Spending Budget in M07 act like Advance Budget
I discovered my M06 Deluxe data file had the slow problem related to budgets. Upon opening M06, I would wait 45 to 60 seconds while my CPU was pegged at 100% before I would try to do anything. Also, some transaction seemed to take a long time to enter. After reading several notes, it seemed this was unusual and needed fixed. The way I discovered my problem was I installed M07 Deluxe (got it free from Staples with Taxcut after rebate) on another machine and converted my M06 file and did the "Remove all Bills Data" or more commonly referred to as "Nuke the Bills". I re-...

Film/video Budget?
Fire destroyed our computer holding Budgets. Can anyone please email us an Excel video production budget form? We're desparate. Ray Bright, Producer Lexicon Media 724-327-0889 -- Ursmare ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ursmare's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399738 http://www.videobeach.com/sfi.htm Ain't Google wonderful. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Ursmare" <Ursmare.1ufn6a_1125162300.7452@excelforu...

Why am i over budget?
Hi again, Im using Money 2006. I have set up a budget on a few items, and am finding that I am over budget on 'Transport'. I have set up 'bills' to account for weekly payments for fuel for my car. It is the middle of the month (two weeks in) and the Spending Tracker is telling my i am over budget. I can understand why, as it has set a budgeted limit = $0 on Transport. So when it takes the difference between Actual and Budgeted, it arrives at a negative value. Could someone tell me how on earth Money has estimated my budget limit for transport = $0 given the fact that s...

Error in uploading budget
Hello, We are currently using GP 9 and I have come accross the following message. The number of periods for the budget does not match the number of columns in Excel. Import will not be able to complete. We have double checked the format of our uploads and everything appears to be okay. We also exported a current uploaded budget to excel and then attempted to import the same budget and received the same message. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Rebecca, found the following: This issue occurs if there is only one blank row at the top of the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. To res...

Can't see categories in Budget Planner/Won't load Monthly Budget report
In the last couple of days, Money stopped showing the categories under the budget details. In the "Review your current budget status" screen, under budget details, it usually shows each income and expense category and how I'm doing so far in the month. Now none of that shows. I have made sure to check View all budget items and show expense and income in the view menu, but this does not help. In addition, Money will no longer load the monthly budget report when I click "Other Tasks, view reports, monthly budget." I have this problem no matter what budget I...

double spaced email
All of a sudden my email (word editor) is double spaced. I have changed Normal.dot to single spaced and rebooted but the email is still double spaced. What do I do to fix this? ...

Budgeting Features in Money
I'm trying to decide between Quickbooks and Microsoft Money for my parents. The single most important feature for me is to help them budget unexpected expenses. If for example they have an unexpected dental expense of $1600, I want them to be able to enter that into the software and have it visibly show them that they have less money to spend in the next two months, even before they have received the invoice or paid it. What features does Money have relative to this feature? -- Will "Will" <westes-usc@noemail.nospam> wrote in message news:xrSdnRBD9_AvHD_bnZ2dnUVZ_t...

Using an update query to update amount in stock automatically
I have created a database to keep a track of orders. In the stock table I have a field called amount in stock. In order table I have a field called order quantity. I have created an update query to update amount in stock to [amount in stock]-[order quantity]. I wish to create a macro to run the update query on my order form once the sale is confirmed. My problem is that I want to just update the single record on the order form, and not all items of stock from all existing orders. I know I can add a parameter criteria to my update query (i.e. enter order number) so that only stock relating ...

Remove Reocurring Depoist from new budget
I'm planning a budget for my first year of college. Right now I have a reocurring depoist from my job, which is set to end on 8/15/04. I created a new budget, saved it and had set it's start and end dates to 8/25/04 to sometime in June next year. I open it up, and it has the Reocurring deposit in my income! I can't get rid of it at all. Any ideas? Unfortunately, BP pretty much ignores start/end date for recurring scheduled items. You might try deleting the schedule item, making a new budget, then adding back in the scheduled item. "Yohan" <anonymous@discussion...

How to Generate Pie Chart Report for Budget by Budget Group in Money 2008
All - Does anybody know how to generate a budget report by budget group using a pie chart? I caught a preview of this report when editing the budget on the 'budget summary' page and really liked it. It'd be nice to have that as a report without having to resort to exporting to excel to generate a similar pie chart. I feel like I'm missing something simple here... Thanks! Josh On Mar 6, 6:17 pm, Josh <jkharnes...@gmail.com> wrote: > All - > > Does anybody know how to generate a budget report by budget group > using a pie chart? I caught a pr...

How do I create a double sided postcard
I am creating a graduation announcement. One side has all the details. On the other side I wanted to be able to type in my return address, so all I would have to do is address them and stamp them. How can I do this? Open the file; now do an Insert, Page. You now have a second page which is the back side of your postcard. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Meghan" <Meghan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF24C43E-487B-4932-B1BD-74B7EAECF87D@microsoft.com... >I am creating a graduation announcement. One side has all the details. On > the other side I want...

Sum amounts based on date field
I have two columns. Column A is a date time column. Column B is an amount column. I want to calculate the amounts by the hour and place the hourly totals in Column C and the date time of that hour in Column D. Below is an example of the data and how I would like Column C and Column D to look. Column A Column B Column C Column D DATE AMOUNT TOTALS/HR DATE 01/01/2009 01:10:10 50 75 01/01/2009 01:00:00 01/01/2009 01:20:05 25 10 ...

Budget not Budgeting
I've been fighting this problem for quite some time now. I have set up a budget and when looking at income and expenses, all numbers seem to add up. However, when I pull the budget up, it shows items over budget which include Car Payment, Mortgage, Loan Payment, etc. all have $0 allocated to it, and show the difference in my payments for this month being over budget. When I look at next months numbers, it doubles up my mortgage allocation, Car payment, etc showing my plan to be all out of whack. I would think this has something to do with the date of the payment, but I'm n...