Bills>Estimate amount based on last X number of instances

Can someone tell me what history of instances the X refers to? The last X 
paid to the exact same payee? Or the last X paid with the exact same 
scheduled bill?

I set up my credit card payment as scheduled, estimated over last 12. When I 
first schedule it, I have to value it manually. It does not update 
automatically. Later, and I'm not sure if it's the first startup of the day, 
or the first online update of the date, Money changes the amount to $0. The 
history paid to that payee is definitely not $0, but the history as paid 
with that bill may be, because I just rebuilt the file and the bill payment 
history is gone.

Any insight is appreciated. 


0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/16/2005 8:58:44 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

6 Replies
682 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 44

Pretty sure it's the history of the bill as used through the bill summary 
area, which is I think, what you're seeing.

-- 
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org/

Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money

"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message 
news:usjVmRp0FHA.736@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Can someone tell me what history of instances the X refers to? The last X 
> paid to the exact same payee? Or the last X paid with the exact same 
> scheduled bill?
>
> I set up my credit card payment as scheduled, estimated over last 12. When 
> I first schedule it, I have to value it manually. It does not update 
> automatically. Later, and I'm not sure if it's the first startup of the 
> day, or the first online update of the date, Money changes the amount to 
> $0. The history paid to that payee is definitely not $0, but the history 
> as paid with that bill may be, because I just rebuilt the file and the 
> bill payment history is gone.
>
> Any insight is appreciated.
> 


0
glyn1 (1534)
10/17/2005 7:24:25 AM
That makes sense. I'll just backdate the start date for several months, 
apply a few payments to the register up to a current date, then delete the 
transactions. That should get it set properly.

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message 
news:%238pCQyu0FHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Pretty sure it's the history of the bill as used through the bill summary 
> area, which is I think, what you're seeing. 


0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/17/2005 7:00:17 PM
"Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message 
news:%238pCQyu0FHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Pretty sure it's the history of the bill as used through the bill summary 
> area, which is I think, what you're seeing.

Well, that doesn't seem to be the case or, at least, my work-around didn't 
work around it. I back-dated the due date 10 months, then processed 10 
payments and deleted them. I just restarted Money and did an online update, 
and the amount of the bill is back to $0.

Perhaps the bills have to remain in the register? I was thinking perhaps 
there were hidden records somewhere (there are lots of hidden records) that 
kept a history of the bill having been used, rather than that history being 
the account register. That apparently is not the case.
-- 
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL



0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/19/2005 12:15:54 AM
I've just tried it myself. If you delete the entry from the register, it 
removes it from the bill history which it uses to calculate the estimate. 
The bill then recalculates based on the information it has left. So, by 
removing all of the bills that were entered from the bills summary page, 
you've removed the information it will use. When you download transactions, 
then if you match them against the entries you've already got in there, then 
that might work. However deleting them and then using the online stuff 
independently wouldn't.

-- 
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org/

Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money

"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message 
news:%23wloIJE1FHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message 
> news:%238pCQyu0FHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Pretty sure it's the history of the bill as used through the bill summary 
>> area, which is I think, what you're seeing.
>
> Well, that doesn't seem to be the case or, at least, my work-around didn't 
> work around it. I back-dated the due date 10 months, then processed 10 
> payments and deleted them. I just restarted Money and did an online 
> update, and the amount of the bill is back to $0.
>
> Perhaps the bills have to remain in the register? I was thinking perhaps 
> there were hidden records somewhere (there are lots of hidden records) 
> that kept a history of the bill having been used, rather than that history 
> being the account register. That apparently is not the case.
> -- 
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
>
>
> 


0
glyn1 (1534)
10/19/2005 10:22:22 AM
I could go through the process again, then revise each to match the 
transaction that actually posted, and delete the existing one. But I'd have 
to play around with reconciled transactions, etc. Ugly, and not worth the 
hassle. I can wait.

Where is the bill history visible, if it is?
-- 
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL



"Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message 
news:%23zCZtcJ1FHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I've just tried it myself. If you delete the entry from the register, it 
> removes it from the bill history which it uses to calculate the estimate. 
> The bill then recalculates based on the information it has left. So, by 
> removing all of the bills that were entered from the bills summary page, 
> you've removed the information it will use. When you download 
> transactions, then if you match them against the entries you've already 
> got in there, then that might work. However deleting them and then using 
> the online stuff independently wouldn't. 


0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/20/2005 1:43:14 AM
Some of the history is, there's an option in the bills summary area on one 
of the menus (next to the bills calendar option if i remember correctly), 
but that only shows 60 days. I guess Money 'remembers' it in another table 
in the file somewhere where we can't get at it.

-- 
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org/

Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money

"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message 
news:ODPRmeR1FHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I could go through the process again, then revise each to match the 
>transaction that actually posted, and delete the existing one. But I'd have 
>to play around with reconciled transactions, etc. Ugly, and not worth the 
>hassle. I can wait.
>
> Where is the bill history visible, if it is?
> -- 
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
>
>
>
> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message 
> news:%23zCZtcJ1FHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> I've just tried it myself. If you delete the entry from the register, it 
>> removes it from the bill history which it uses to calculate the estimate. 
>> The bill then recalculates based on the information it has left. So, by 
>> removing all of the bills that were entered from the bills summary page, 
>> you've removed the information it will use. When you download 
>> transactions, then if you match them against the entries you've already 
>> got in there, then that might work. However deleting them and then using 
>> the online stuff independently wouldn't.
>
> 


0
glyn1 (1534)
10/20/2005 7:06:41 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Unapplied amounts
We are new to GP, so this may very basic, but where is the best place note or document unapplied amounts? Thanks In Payables or Receivables? I'm not clear on what you want to do. Are you trying to apply unapplied amounts or enter unapplied transactions? "Sam in VT" wrote: > We are new to GP, so this may very basic, but where is the best place note or > document unapplied amounts? > > Thanks Hi Charles, We are doing this in recievables, but knowing the best way to do it both areas would be helpful, Thanks, Sam "Charles Allen" wrote: > In Pa...

number changes into date-but I do not want it
when I type in the pH value of let's say 11.2 it changes into date like nov.02. I do not want them to happen. what is wrong?help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! odabuda@aol.com wrote: > when I type in the pH value of let's say 11.2 it changes into date like > nov.02. I do not want them to happen. what is wrong?help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right click the cell select format and make sure the cell isn't formatted as a date field. Should be number. gls858 Most unusual. Normal pattern for 11-2 but not 11.2 Try formatting the cells to General. What is the date separator set for in your W...

#0 X 50mm Pozidrive Screwdriver
Price:$4.04 Image: http://discountadvisor.info/image.php?id=B000LZASEW Best deal: http://discountadvisor.info/index.php?id=B000LZASEW Screwdriver pozidriv #0 x 50mm precision handle wiha SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Crucial 2GB 667 Mhz CT25664AC667 DDR2 200-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory:http://discountadvisor.info/index.php?id=B000F7QRTG Case Logic LNEO-10 Ultraportable Neoprene Notebook Sleeve (Black):http://discountadvisor.info/index.php?id=B0018LYCYK ...

format of complex numbers
Hello, I have a problem concerning the data format when entering a comple number in Excel. I want to enter the complex number 2+0.01i So I enter �=COMPLEX(2;0,01;"i")� but when the number shows up in th worksheet it looks like: 2+1E-002i and I would like it to appear a 2+0.01i . So how do I change the format of the complex number? I have tried t use the Format cell option but it does not work -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =complex() returned a string--not a number. That's why changing the number format won't work. I don't have a pretty sug...

Returning matched employee number from a different sheet
Hi everyone, I've got two sheets containing data on the same group of people. Data and Results. The personnel info in Data is more complete than in Results Data has Forename, Middle Name, Surname, DOB, Gender and most importantly an unique Employee Ref. Results contains Forename , Surname , DOB and Gender some, but not many Emp Ref. I would like to pull the Employee Ref from Data into results. I think it's probably a case of doing Index Match on each set of data because there will be mismatches due to differences in known by name and the name held by records, people ...

Publisher
hi! i want to print on 5.5 x 4 cards not paper. where in publisher can you change the size to fit 5.5 x 4 cards. this is for thank you cards, so i will be putting something on the front page and flipping it over to complete the inside. Col Publisher has card templates for 5½x4¼. Is that what size you're using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Col" <Col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB1753B6-81DF-4762-899E-805E13B67E08@microsoft.com... > hi! > i want to...

brace a number of rows
Hi, I would like to add a brace (curly bracket) to an excel document such that for example 3 rows of cells have one brace to the left (or right) of them. Hope someone can help. Thanks Phil if i understand your question right, you may have to draw the curl brackets from the drawing toolbar - basic shapes -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26415 IN column to the left (or...

'bad filename or number' in access erro when trying to split datab
Morning, I am trying to split my application and as soon as I click split database button, I get a 'bad filename or number' error. Any ideas why? Thanks, Tirelle Tirelle, Have you compiled the code? What version of Access? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Tirelle" <Tirelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C617E762-12EE-44A0-903E-4C031F15EDF1@microsoft.com... > Morning, I am trying to split my applica...

How do I limit number of rows and columns on a spreadsheet
How do I restrict what I see on my screen (and specifically, limit the scroll feature) to the rows and columns I'm actually using in an Excel 2003 Pro spreadsheet? Valser Hiding the unused rows and columns then protecting the sheet is one method. Setting the scrollarea using VBA is another method. Note: Setting ScrollArea is good for that session only and only the activesheet. Has to be reset next time workbook is opened. Best to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module and specify which worksheet. Private Sub WorkBook_Open() Sheets("YourSheet&q...

Should be able to sort AP checks by voucher number
I have a customer that enters AP invoices and pays them on the same day. She would like the ability to print the checks in the order that she entered them (by voucher number) so that she doesn't have to re-sort them after they print. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in t...

Large Numbers in CRM
What do you do if you have a client that needs a number greater than 100 Billion? SQL server can handle much larger numbers, why does MSCRM limit the size? Use Float then. "X-eqt" <Xeqt@discussions.microsoft.com> píše v diskusním příspěvku news:E1B83F0C-C0D8-44BD-AA74-582712559DB2@microsoft.com... > What do you do if you have a client that needs a number greater than 100 > Billion? SQL server can handle much larger numbers, why does MSCRM limit > the > size? ...

billing information field?
When exporting calendar data from Outlook Calendar to a comma separated document, there is an option to include a billing information field, but I cannot find a way to add a billing information field to my calendar posts. This would be very useful! Does anyone know how to do this? "BLSHEPinMA" <BLSHEPinMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16C7CF2E-F752-4627-8736-A4338111C8FF@microsoft.com... > When exporting calendar data from Outlook Calendar to a comma separated > document, there is an option to include a billing information field, but...

Outlook Contacts phone numbers
I have Windows XP pro with Office 2007 and a verizon Ozone phone runing windows 6.1. I sync my Outlook to the phone locally through Activesync. ...

Total Taxable Amount
How do I calculate Total Taxable Amount for Employee Expese Entry form in Project Accounting module? What settings are used for determining this amount? On Aug 3, 12:09=A0am, Nik <N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I calculate Total Taxable Amount for Employee Expese Entry form in > Project Accounting module? What settings are used for determining this am= ount? Dear Nik, There are two ways you can calculate the tax amount. Manual:- Use the More Info button in the Employee Expense Entry window form and select the tax schedule ID. Automate:- Th...

most common number
I have created a sheet that reports incidents in my work place, I need to be able to report if a particular number ( employee indentified by number) occurs more than once in column and identify "top ten" as in frequency to another column or sheet. Thanks in advance Jeff.. Here is a formula that Harlan Grove posted a while back =INDEX(RNG,MATCH(LARGE(FREQUENCY(RNG,RNG) +(1-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&(ROWS(RNG)+1)))/(ROWS(RNG)+1)),ROW()), FREQUENCY(RNG,RNG) +(1-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&(ROWS(RNG)+1)))/(ROWS(RNG)+1)),0)) which is an array formula, it should be committe...

Page Numbering problems
Hello - I have a spreadhseet with 12 worksheets. I want to print the Page numbers (starting @ 1) on each of the 12 using a footer and clicking the # icon. I select all 12 sheets at the same time and do this. However, Page 1 show for all of them when they are all selected. Additionally, I have tried to make a PDF of the 12 sheets and it is not allowing me to save one PDF with all 12 sheets. It is asking me to name 12 different files with 1 each. I believe the 2nd problem is based on the first. Any ideas of how to fix this? Thanks! IF - AND ONLY IF - YOU HAVE 1 PRINTED PAGE PER TABBED SHE...

Excel page numbers
I want to use Roman numerals for Excel page numbers (i.e. i, ii, iii). How do I do it? Take a look at http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T0536_Roman_Numerals_for_Page_Numbers.html Al "hanadiv" wrote: > I want to use Roman numerals for Excel page numbers (i.e. i, ii, iii). How do > I do it? ...

Chart formula style depends on number of sheets....
I was reading 7 formulas from a seriescollection in VBA (xlbubble chart) . First four gave me A1-style formula, last three gave me R1C1 style formula. This messed up subsequent processing. I used: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(SeriesIndex).Formula Nothing changed while running this from index 1 to 7. Cause of this wonderful behaviour? The last three chart series were added while the workbook had only one sheet. The first four were added while the workbook had more than 1 sheet. Solution: add a second sheet to the workbook. All fomulas now come in A1 style... Very weird. Can't imagin ...

Scripting For Active X ???
Perhaps someone here can help me with a sign-in problem with the Linksys/Cisco forum. Recently, I have been unable to sign in, as a pop-up box says, "Error: Scripting for ActiveX might be disabled." I don't believe it is disabled and I cannot contact Cisco to find out why I can't sign in to the forum. If you have a suggestion for correcting this problem I would certainly appreciated it. Thanks! "Scotirish" <Scotirish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D1BCD7-7ED5-4562-8AAF-C39D56A979B8@microsoft.com... > Perhaps someone...

Dropdown Box Based on IF Statement
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I would like to have two different possibl dropdown boxes available in column D based on the existence of a tex string in column C. In other words, if the string exists, use dropdow box 1. If the text does not appear use dropdown box 2. I know how to create the two dropdown boxes using Data Validation and know how to create an IF Statement to identify the text that wil determine whether dropdown box 1 or dropdown box 2 will appear, but do not know how to link the two. Any thoughts? I am not a VB Programmer. Warmly, Al Stearns Brevard, N -- Message poste...

last accessed list
is it possible to extend a "last accessed files" list on "file" menu, it is now 9 items long? i would like to have something like "history" in internet explorer. well not exactly so much, but more than 9 for sure. Not on the File menu. But in newer versions of excel (xl2k??, xl2002 for sure), there's a History button on the file|open dialog that shows lots of recently used files. sali wrote: > > is it possible to extend a "last accessed files" list on "file" menu, it is > now 9 items long? > i would like to have somethin...

files will not open after 10.1.6 security update for Office X
Hellow, I've updated office X to version 10.1.6 using the recently developed security update. I've encountered some problems with files that I had previously made using powerpoint. Seems as if the updated version of powerpoint will no longer open some of these files. The exact error message I receive is as follows: PowerPoint cannot read HD:Users:reddog:Desktop:235 presentation.ppt. After uninstalling the 10.1.6 and reinstalling Office up to the 10.1.5 update, everything opened fine. So, I'm guessing this recent update is the culprit (although I'm sure I could be wrong)...

Bin number on POP Receiving Journal
Hello, I have a client that would like to see the bin number for each line on the POP receiving journal. Is this possible? So far I am unable to create a table relationship to add this field. Thanks, Jessica Reynolds What you'd probably need to do is drop the temp table and add the tables you need. Or create a report that has what you need. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jessica" wrote: > Hello, > > I have a client that would like to see the bin number for each line on the > POP receiving journal. Is this possible? So far I am unable to create a table > r...

Red x in Message body of OWA
When I go to reply to an email or create a new email in OWA I receive a red x where the body should be allowed to be entered. Everything else seems to be just fine. Does anyone have any ideas on this? this is usually do to the DHTML dll stuff on the client machine being changed (if some web dev type tools have been installed) or corrupted. One sneaky way to try to fix it is to install the s\MIME stuff on the troubled workstation (from within OWA go to Options and look down the list for s/MIME stuff). If that doesn't work you will need to track down the correct versions of these files:...

Sale amount on receipt #2
Is there a way to get the sale price to show on the receipt instead of just the discount amount? My customers are getting confused. Thanks, Nick Hi Nick, 1º Make a copy of the receipt You are using 2º Edit the receipt (you can use Notepad or similar) 3º Instead of SalePrice try using some of the next Template Variables - Transaction.Total for whole Sale - Entry.ExtendedPrice per Entry in the Transaction - Entry.FullPrice per Entry in the Transaction - Entry.ExtendedFullPrice per Entry in the Transaction or You can use : - Entry.Price - Entry.Quantity - Ent...