Beware Loan Amortization report

Yet another report that doesn't do what it says it does...

Env: M04 Deluxe. Loan Transaction report set to include transactions from
register and to show "Paid from account". Instead of the Paid From account,
it shows the loan account name for the loan you are reporting on. How
helpful.

Does anybody actually test this stuff in any rigorous way? I understand how
intermittent hangs and corruption problems and so forth are hard to test
for. But that the options in a customize dialog do what they say they do?

money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Financial Statement Report Not Calculating Correctly
I have a P/L statement that has subtotals for various sections. Each of these total out perfectly. When I take the total from the sales sections (which adds up) and add the total from the expenses section (which also adds up), the result is a number that is one penny lower than what the result should be. Tech support has been a bear to deal with, so I thought I would throw this out here in the newsgroups to see if any real experts can help. The troubleshooting steps, so far: 1) Reconciled open year in GL 2) Ran check links on all financial tables 3) Copied format of P/L and changed...

Amortization of Prepaids
We have a fair number of prepaid invoices amortized over time. Currently these invoices are charged to a prepaid account, maintained in excel, then amortized to the expense account via journal entry each month. The problem with this process is that, when reviewing expense variances/trends, I cannot identify what each of the debits in the expense account represents without consulting the excel spreadsheet. Does GP provide the ability to spread the expense to different periods from within the purchasing module? This is the only potential solution I can think of where the link between ...

Error when running reports
We just installed Crystal Reports 6 on our CRM server and now we can't run any of the reports. This is the error: The error message returned is: There are no Page Servers connected to the Cache Server or all connected Page Servers are disabled or all connected Page Servers are not part of the specified server group. Please try to reconnect later. [On Cache/Page Server: CRM01.cacheserver What can we do? You shouldn't be installing crystal on the crm server itself, MS doesn't support that. Also MSCRM supports crystal 8.5. I don't know about version 6. You will also n...

Sub report not displaying all data
Hi. I have created a report that includes a summary sub report at the end. The main body of the report shows all records, but the subform is only showing the bottom half of the query results. When I view the query the subreport is based on, it shows the full dataset. Can anyone help? I have answered my own question (again)!! The Link Child field and Link Master field properties in the subform were populated with another field name from the main report. I removed the field name from the properties and now all my data is showing. Thanks me, Me. :-) "FBxii...

Beware Loan Amortization report
Yet another report that doesn't do what it says it does... Env: M04 Deluxe. Loan Transaction report set to include transactions from register and to show "Paid from account". Instead of the Paid From account, it shows the loan account name for the loan you are reporting on. How helpful. Does anybody actually test this stuff in any rigorous way? I understand how intermittent hangs and corruption problems and so forth are hard to test for. But that the options in a customize dialog do what they say they do? ...

Change report Text to show Negatives in ()
Can't seem to find the option. Currently negatives are being displayed as -123 Want them to show up as (123) Anyone know how to set this for a report? You can use an IIF statement like this -- My_Cost: IIF([YourField] <0, "(" & Abs([YourField]) & ")", [YourField]) -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "James" wrote: > Can't seem to find the option. Currently negatives are being displayed > as -123 > Want them to show up as (123) > Anyone know how to set this for a report? > > > Access includes built ...

Modified reports security
We recommend adding the ability to specify a custom report to replace the standard report for all users without having to give rights to the custom report by user or by user class. For example we modified the Payables Check Form report. Anyone who prints Payables checks should automatically use the Custom Check Form. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sugg...

Crystal report session timeout
Hello, we have a problem with the crystal enterprise server included with MS CRM. When we open a report, the first report is ok, but drilling into the report will cause the error message "report session timeout". I already changed the command parameter maxDBResultRecords to 0 and created a web.config file under inetpub\wwwroot\report where I set the execution timeout to 600. I also tried to increase the max thread number and max idle timeout. Nothing helped. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Patrik Mueller Hello John, it is not a resultset problem, as the report should ret...

Reason Code Report #2
I sell a perishable product, therefore I need to be able to track product that has perished. In the help menu, under reason codes, it states, the information is stored for use in tracking and reporting. That is why I chose this method to record dead plants. Now I need to know the cost and profit lost of these dead plants, as well, I don't want to purchase them again. So how do I get the information???? I read about a guy tracking dead fish by making the item inactive, although he was having trouble, should I change how I track this info for the future? I would greatly appreciate h...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

Bug Report : Outlook2k (mail) + OE6 (news)
Can somebody file the following Bug Report if it hasn't been filed already. We use O2k for mail and I use OE6sp1 for news on WinX/Psp2 I open O2k then View --> Go to --> News to start OE6 as the newsreader. Everything seems to work fine until I want to Reply to Sender in a newsgroup. Up pops the O2k E-mail window, but it can't be re-sized or minimised and you can't use any other app as the E-mail sits on top. When you save the E-mail it is saved to the Inbox (?) No big hassle, but a PITA TIA cheerz -- Duncan "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face ...

After upgade Loan account is now a credit card account
I have 4 accounts with our credit union most converted okay from Money 2006 to money plus 2 accounts 1-car loan 1- RV loan became credit accounts how do I change this back to a loan account? If I delete the account it wants to delete ALL my credit union accounts. thanks Jeff Found the problem....... "JG" <jlgs1947@fairpoint.net> wrote in message news:hMednYGRk7FKIpranZ2dnUVZ_sKqnZ2d@neonova.net... >I have 4 accounts with our credit union most converted okay from Money 2006 >to money plus > 2 accounts 1-car loan 1- RV loan became credit accounts how do I change...

T4 report question
Hello everyone, I am wondering which exactly is the name of the T4 for employee report in Great Plains v.8. The reason is that I need to change a little the report because it does not allign properly. The description of my situation is as following: I looked into all the reports I have in the Payroll module. Quite few have "T4" in their name. I opened (Layout) all of them and only 2 one looked like the report that I need. However if I add a text field in any of them and save them and then I go and print a T4 for an employee the text field does not appear. This indicates me that I am...

Fixed Asset Projection Report
Hi, I am facing one problem while taking projection report. I need to take the report for a particular period. In the projection option I gave the option "Project From/To" Date ranges. But while printing the report it shows the all ranges what available in the system. (Eg:- I need report for this range ( 01/01/2005 - 01/31/2005). But while printing I am getting the details of the previous ranges also). I only need the report for the current range. I am Using Great Plains 7.5 version. How I can overcome this problem? If anybody give me the solution it would be appreciable. T...

Contolling print output from Report Manager
Hi, I've setup a simple accounts workbook for someone running a smal business. Each one of 52 sheets representing 52 weeks of the year There are four tables on each sheet each associated with a custom view Each week/sheet has a "Report Manager" set for it to print out the fou custom views for that week. My problem is that because Report Manager circumvents Print Manager there does not appear to be a way to control the way it prints thes four tables out. I would like to set it to print 1 page wide by 4 page tall if possible or even set a percentage on the size of th print-out. ...

BEWARE
Oh, I forgot to add that I had to go back and copy, cut and paste entire web sites to rebuild the sites. The files I had so carefully copied to disk for transfer to the new PC were totally corupted. Don't let this happen to you. Viki ...

=(IF(ISTEXT('Data Report'!$L2:$L4),'Data Report'!N3,J11)) Response
I have 3 cells that may or may not contain text my statement is the following: =(IF(ISTEXT('Data Report'!$L2:$L4),'Data Report'!N3,J11)). What I need to happen is to have N3 posted in the cell of this formula if any of the three cells have text in them. I feel I am close but not quite there. The response I get is works only if all L2:L4 is FALSE,FALSE,FALSE or TRUE,TRUE, TRUE. Help is appreciated. Try: =if(or(istext($L2),istext($L3),istext($L4)),'Data Report!N3,J11) HTH, "s2frost" wrote: > I have 3 cells that may or may not contain text my stateme...

Need a formula to calculate the number of months to pay off a loan
I need a formula to calculate the number of months it will take to pay off a loan, given interest rate, balance and the amount of payments. Look in HELP for the NPER() function Make sure you use monthly rate if you require number of months -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "kv" <kv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96818DF1-A69D-44EE-9102-E0117F1E0082@microsoft.com... >I need a formula to calculate the number of months it will take to pay off >a > loan, given interest rate, balance and the amount of payments. There are ton...

2007 Report Toolbars
I have a 2003 program that all forms and reports open to a full screen. I now have that program in 2007. It took a while but I figured out how to get the reports to open to a full screen. However, I can't get my custom toolbars to display with the reports. The functionality of the toolbar comes by way of a macro group. I set the Border Style to "Sizable," the Control Box to "Yes," and the Close Button to "Yes." I can use the On Close Event to perform a function, like returning to the form that opened it. I use the toolbars to offer the user se...

Reports security in GPv10
The new security system is continuing to frustrate me. I like the way it is set up and it seems user friendly, but there are certain things that aren't working and I can't find any documentation on CustomerSource. I have the same issue with different Users/different Windows and reports. One example is a User is set up to enter/edit/print/post cheques in Payables. But when this user tries to print, she receives an error saying she doesn't have security access to the report. The Alternate/Modified Report is set up for her user settings, and they match the cheque report fo...

Loan Split
I am using MS Money 2003 Deluxe. I entered a new loan and set up Apay for the payments. When timely it enters the payment and schedules the check to be sent. When I look at the payment, the entire amount is allocated to principal and none to interest even though the detail split shows both as "calculated". My only recourse is to delete that entry, cancel the payment and enter the payment manually. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks, Robert -- robertmoore@pobox.com ...

Outputing reports to word with formatting
Hi I have an access report with various logos/lines and other type of formatting on it. And am using the following code to output the report to word DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptWordDocument", acFormatRTF, strOutputFileName, False Which works fine and out puts the file as expected, but does not output the formatting such as logos and drawn lines etc. Is there any way to do that? Thanks Dave "Dave" <dgarrett@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:1186900453.913023.318160@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I have an access report with various lo...

Reporting Services Error on CRM 4 Windows server 2008
Hello. I'm having trouble with CRM connector for SQL Server 2005 reporting services. I installed this connector with no problems, but when I try to acces reports from CRM Web page It says that Connector is not installed. I thought that maybe for Windows server 2008 this might be a firewall issue, but I've already disable from both servers (I have SQL Server and Reporting Services in one server, and CRM on another). I don't know what could be the problem, event viewer doesn't show any errors. Both servers are on Windows server 2008. Please help me. Thanks Jose Ponce ...

Displaying column history in a report
I am trying to create a report that is linked to a sharepoint (MOSS 2007 ) table. One of the fields is a append text field, and I want to be able to display the date similarly to how it is shown in the view item page in sharepoint. That is show all the edits to this field, with username of who made the edit. I don;t see a way to get that data from Access. Thanks, Jonathan ...

Data Analysis Report
I'm doing report in MPS. Currently i can show year, month , day in details. But i also want to show that which day is weekday or weekend(sat or sun) in report. If anyone can help me this problem, i'll be appreciate it. thanks. ...