Best way to transfer investment port to new broker

Hi-
I am switching brokers and I would like to know the best way to mirror this
in Money.  I will be doing a total transfer - cash, stocks, everything - and
would like to keep the purchase price, commissions, dividends, etc.
associated with the new account from the old stocks.  I don't just want to
have to "add shares" to the new account.  I was wondering what the best way
to achieve this might be.  Does money have something built in that can
handle this?  Thanks for your help in advance!
-Dan

0
danorth (92)
12/31/2004 5:09:20 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote:

>I am switching brokers and I would like to know the best way to mirror this
>in Money.  I will be doing a total transfer - cash, stocks, everything - and
>would like to keep the purchase price, commissions, dividends, etc.
>associated with the new account from the old stocks.  I don't just want to
>have to "add shares" to the new account.  I was wondering what the best way
>to achieve this might be.  Does money have something built in that can
>handle this?  Thanks for your help in advance!

If the account you are transferring to is new, I would disable the
account for online access. Go to account details. Change the name.
Change the numbers. Make a comment about the event in the details.

Then set the account up for online access, if you like.

There is another way, but this way gives best continuity in my
opinion.

While you are thinking about it, have you reviewed your backup
policy? USB flash drives are nice.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

New Exchange Installation
Hai friends, Iam Asaithambi, i have a plan to implement and install Exchange server 2003 in my office, but i had only " SMTP , POP3 ADDRESS AND registered domain, and have 10 user id's for that doamin. But important i have " no public ip address" if it is possible i have install and connect my domain, and send and receive my email's for that user id's Please help me to solve . You can receive SMTP mail without public IP, but you need some cooperation from you ISP (or whoever provides connectivity for you). Tell them that you are ...

Transfer to PO error
An interesting Error poped up when attempting to transfer a requisition to PO on our Business Portal 3.0 site. It states... Query error. Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Data.GeneralDatabaseException Line 1:Incorrect syntax near 'T0'. I have checked the event log and have found nothing out of the ordinary. Any ideas would help. Nathan, try the following: To resolve this problem, run the iisreset command to reset Internet Information Services (IIS). To do this, follow these steps: 1. Make sure that you have a complete backup copy of the database. You can use this backup copy to res...

is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click
Never mind I found it zoom to selection I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut) this? Jery ...

There must be a way.........
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help? <five256@NOwhere.com> wrote in message news:hb12r5tjthdtl87hlpgrcapq9b0hd87c4e@4ax.com... > There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed > (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody > help? Yes, there is. It's called the System File Check tool. Read about system file protection here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193 On Mon, 29 Mar 2...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

Rank it a NEW WEB page www.World-Estate.com
Rank it a NEW WEB page www.World-Estate.com New real estate web page for all the world tell me wath u think : www.World-Estate.com If You can write me email , then we will make this page beter. Thanks www.World-Estate.com ...

A new mailbox won't appear until after Information Store is restarted?
Why does this happen? I have Windows 2003 Ent. and Exchange 2003 Ent. "Neely" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b81c01c4690c$51ef7c70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Why does this happen? > > I have Windows 2003 Ent. and Exchange 2003 Ent. Mailboxes tend not to appear in system manager till their first used. IE user logs in to it, or someone send it an email. I make it standard practice after creating a new user and mailbox, to send that user a test mail to wake up the mailbox. P.S. I have Exchange 2kSP3 Also don't forget to hit the refre...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Adding new root element
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C386EB.0CB54A30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have an xml document that may look like this <Stuff> <SomeStuff></SomeStuff> </Stuff> and I want to add a new root to this document, to make it look like this <Root> <Stuff> <SomeStuff></SomeStuff> </Stuff> </Root> Any ideas? I tried creating a new element and use the PrependChild() = method on the XmlDocument.DocumentEleme...

Formula help in Excel which is the correct way ?
Tax is 23 % which is h-9 Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9 I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost. So I did =H9*B$11 but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?. need an absolute reference to H-7. So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate i -- SSVegett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SSVegetto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47775 =$H$9*B9 Don't know wher...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

outlook express new address
how do I do an automatic respond on outlook express. I have a new email address and want to notifu senders to old address to update them. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Is there a "preferred" way to update properties based on other properties?
Let's say I have a class that represents a rectangle: class Rectangle { private int width; private int height; private int area; public int Width { get { return width; } set { width = value; } } public int Height { get { return height; } set { height= value; } } public int Area { get { return area; } } } Obviously, area does not represent anything based on that. How to best keep area in sync is the purpose of this question. One way would be to simply get rid of the variable area, and make the ...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

GL figures
what really is the best practice method for brining in monthly GL figures so users can get comparative statements this year/lastyr. do you bring in all the old detail journals? or do you load via a maintenance or IM the historical balance for each month in some file. -- Linda W. Linda, You mean when you are starting up a new company? If so, unless someone needs the detail imported into GP for other reasons, I bring in a beginning balance and monthly net changes only. For example, let's say you're starting to use GP with January 2009, your fiscal year ends in December and y...

best tutorials for graphs ( line of best fit) for excel
What are the best tutorials for using excel for stastical analysis graphs and other graphs such as Line of best fit? Niccole: Here's a link to my chart gallery of Excel statistical charts. http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_gallery.htm Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows several regression techniques that you can use with Excel. http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm Post back if you have more specific questions. Kelly O'Day koday at processtrends dot com "Niccole D" <Niccole D@discussions.microsoft....

Importing new email address in Windows Mail
I'm trying to find the correct settings so my new email server will work with Windows Mail. When I check for new mail, Windows connects with the Gmail server, but then times out. Can someone help me find the right settings so I will have email? When it 'times out', it should give you an error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Scr...

Is there an easy way to swap the contents of two cells in Excel?
I think the subject says it all... =?Utf-8?B?Ti5CLiBZb25k?= <N.B. Yond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4C32CCD5-DA6F-43A8-9502-B2348D183371@microsoft.com: > I think the subject says it all... > You could add a button to the sheet with following code behind it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() cel1 = InputBox("First cell?") cel2 = InputBox("Second cell?") c1 = Range(cel1).Value c2 = Range(cel2).Value Range(cel1).Value = c2 Range(cel2).Value = c1 End Sub You will be asked for the 2 cell addresses and the contents will be ...

Tax Rate on Purchase Orders, Transfer In & Out Documents.
Good Day, Is there a way to have the tax rate column on be populated automatically on the contents tab when creating Purchase Orders, Transfer In & Out Documents? Perhaps this field can populated based on the Item Tax set on the property of the item? Can anyone share their thoughts on this one? Regards Don ...

intercompany inventory transfers
Hello: The client likes the new GP 10.0 Inventory In-Transit Transfer window. But, is there a way to have this sort of transfer be "intercompany"? He would like to transfer items from one site in this window in one company and receive the item into a site in a separate GP company. Does GP provide any sort of intercompany inventory transfers? childofthe1980s Child, Standard GP Intercompany functionality doesn't provide Inter company In-transit IV Transfers. Inter company transactions can be done only in GL or Payables Transaction entry. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-...

How to do I move/export custom Outlook Macros to a new machine
I have custom macros created for Outlook 2007. I currently built a new machine and need to move to my new laptop. How can I export them to the new laptop? Thanks, Juan You can either copy all the VBA project, which is stored in an *.otm file, or open the VBA editor, right click each module, and choose Export File. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en> Am Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:36:02 -0800 schrieb juan: > I have custom macros created for Outlook 2007. I c...

division of variable integer into best fit integer parts
Hello I have a variable integer which must be split into 8 integers based on fixed percentages (33%, 18%, 15%, 13%, 11%, 4%, 3%, 3%). These 8 integers must add up to the original number (ie I cannot just multiply integer by % and then use the roundup/rounddown functions as they could add up to more/less than the original number). Is there a function in excel which would work out a best fit solution? Thanks No, there is not a function to do this automatically. Follow the program that you described, but calculate one of the integers by subtraction to make the sum come out right. Jerry ...