Bank Puts Memo Info in "Pay to" field

It seems my bank puts the info from the memo field into the "Pay to" field-
so the field ends up reading "POS Kwik Trip Convenience Store #49587"  but
nothing goes in the memo field.
Any thoughts?
0
ASMITH1 (5)
8/2/2005 6:28:29 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, A Smith wrote:

>It seems my bank puts the info from the memo field into the "Pay to" field-
>so the field ends up reading "POS Kwik Trip Convenience Store #49587"  but
>nothing goes in the memo field.
>Any thoughts?

Did you say that backwards? You would want that info in the Payee
field, I would think.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
8/2/2005 6:33:20 PM
This info used to end up in the memo field in MM 2003 & 2004, which was fine,
because then I could put just the Payee name in the payee field without all
the other info.  Not a big deal really. Just curious as to whether or not it
was an intentional change.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, A Smith wrote:
>
> >It seems my bank puts the info from the memo field into the "Pay to" field-
> >so the field ends up reading "POS Kwik Trip Convenience Store #49587"  but
> >nothing goes in the memo field.
> >Any thoughts?
>
> Did you say that backwards? You would want that info in the Payee
> field, I would think.

0
ASMITH1 (5)
8/2/2005 8:00:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, A Smith wrote:

>This info used to end up in the memo field in MM 2003 & 2004, which was fine,
>because then I could put just the Payee name in the payee field without all
>the other info.  Not a big deal really. Just curious as to whether or not it
>was an intentional change.

I think it was an intentional change by the bank.

With Money 2006, I would set
Tools->Settings->OnlineServices->ShowStandardizedPayeeNames to
combine payees that differ only by a number at the end.  This may
work better after you have combined payees from previous downloads.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, A Smith wrote:
>>
>> >It seems my bank puts the info from the memo field into the "Pay to" field-
>> >so the field ends up reading "POS Kwik Trip Convenience Store #49587"  but
>> >nothing goes in the memo field.
>> >Any thoughts?
>>
>> Did you say that backwards? You would want that info in the Payee
>> field, I would think.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
8/2/2005 8:07:37 PM
I don't think that it's the fault of his bank, I think that it's because
there's a bug in the way Money 2006 handles transactions in which the
"payee" field is left blank.  Try this:  manually enter a withdrawal
transation in your checking account while leaving the "payee" field blank
and in the "memo" file write "dummy transaction".  Now exit Money 2006 and
restart it.  When you go back and look at that manually entered transaction
in your checking acoount you'll see that in the "payee" field it now says
"dummy transaction" and the "memo" field will now be blank.

> In microsoft.public.money, A Smith wrote:
>
> >This info used to end up in the memo field in MM 2003 & 2004, which was
fine,
> >because then I could put just the Payee name in the payee field without
all
> >the other info.  Not a big deal really. Just curious as to whether or not
it
> >was an intentional change.
>
> I think it was an intentional change by the bank.
>
> With Money 2006, I would set
> Tools->Settings->OnlineServices->ShowStandardizedPayeeNames to
> combine payees that differ only by a number at the end.  This may
> work better after you have combined payees from previous downloads.

> >> Did you say that backwards? You would want that info in the Payee
> >> field, I would think.

0
ziggy1 (7)

Changing MSN Bill Pay to Bank service
I'm using Money 2005 and MSN Bill Pay. I want to use my bank's service instead. I can't get MSN Billpay off my checking account so I can pay my bills directly through my banks services. How do I do it? Thanks, Lou Lou, Sounds like you merged your bank account with your bill pay account! I would recommend disabling then re-enabling (without merge) online services for the account. Post back with any problems or questions. Not sure how any of the recent MSN Bill Pay changes may have affected these types of situations! Regards, JB Lou Venema wrote: > I'm using Mon...

dlx04, epay: pay to name diff. than "address" name, how?
this has started coming up. the pay to name for my epay is entirely different than the name used for the address. how is everybody handling that, with a c/o (care/of) annotation? TIA Rick Warburton -- reply only through newsgroup, thank you ...

Tick data compressed into minute data? I want to pay to get this to work.
Hi I want to compress "tick"-data (ie trades) from a file into another file. In the target file I want to chunk the data into EndOfDay(eod) and calculate it into date, open, high, low, open and volume. And I want to chunk it into minutes activity (for example 1 minute) as well. I attach glimps of the tickdate file and example of result files. I want to pay to get information that works. Steps for me to take or code. Regards Rolf Tickdata.txt DATE,TIME,PRICE,VOLUME 12/11/2009,08:00:11,5720.00,1 12/11/2009,08:00:12,5720.00,1 12/11/2009,09:02:14,5736.50,1 12/11/200...

Deleting "Pay to" entries
I've running Money 2000 v8 on ME. I got big list in my "PAY TO" category when I use withdrawal folder. I'd like to tidy this up and delete most of them. How do I do this? Many thanks See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q63. In addition, you can go to the Categories and Payees|Payees list and delete ones you don't want to be on the pay to list. This will not change any transaction history, just take the deleted payees out of the explicit payee list. "Crazy man" <alcoNOSPAM@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:c1i6n5$hi4$1@hercules.btinternet.com... >...

Bank Puts Memo Info in "Pay to" field
It seems my bank puts the info from the memo field into the "Pay to" field- so the field ends up reading "POS Kwik Trip Convenience Store #49587" but nothing goes in the memo field. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, A Smith wrote: >It seems my bank puts the info from the memo field into the "Pay to" field- >so the field ends up reading "POS Kwik Trip Convenience Store #49587" but >nothing goes in the memo field. >Any thoughts? Did you say that backwards? You would want that info in the Payee field, I would think. This info...

I would pay to see this table
MS CRM claims to do some of Saleslogix and Accpac/et al. I am living on this newsgroup wondering if I can use CRM internally to run my shop. If MS CRM 1.2 could do 50% of the more mature CRM's, I would implement it in a second. MS CRM 1.2 looks good (especially compared to 1.0), but.... who is using it in production? Where are the success stories? Lots of potential, but maybe it is like Access 1.0. Access 2.0 was the killer app when it took off. -Bill We are using it here in our consulting firm. We have only implemented the sales/marketing pieces not the service side of it, alt...

How will this work: Changing bill payer from MSN Bill Pay to my bank
My one year of MSN Bill Pay premium service, included in M03 dlx is close to expiring. So I am planning to use the service from my bank, (their bill payment service is fully integrated with Money ... they say). I'd like to know how all the payees I've setup in M03 will function if I switch Bill Pay providers?, or if anyone has any experience switching like this? For example, several payee's I've setup in M03 cannot be deleted, nor can their name be edited. I'm sure there's a reason for this, although I don't know exactly what it is, (my guess is there'...

What goes in "Pay To" for online Xfer?
Thanks for your help. I have Money 2004. It says to do this: 1. Go to the account register from which you want to transfer money. 2. On the Accounts & Bills menu, click Account List . 3, Click the account from which you want to transfer money. 4. Enter the transfer information as you normally would starting on the Transfer tab, except in the Number box, click Electronic Transfer (Xfer) . 5. Click Submit to send the transfer request to your bank or broker. Note You can also make an Xfer from the Manage scheduled bills and deposits page by clicking New , and then clicking Transfer . If yo...

I can not see payee list in "pay to" drop menu.
Hi, I am using Money 2004 Standard for my church. Suddenly, I can not see a payee list in "pay to" drop down menu when I am writing a check. I used to be able to pick a certain payee in drop down menu in "pay to". Now all I see is "blank". Does anybody have an idea to fix this problem? Thanks for your help. In microsoft.public.money, cyp wrote: > >I am using Money 2004 Standard for my church. Suddenly, I >can not see a payee list in "pay to" drop down menu when I >am writing a check. I used to be able to pick a certain >p...

M2004
Hi All The length of the Pay To field in the check register seems to be about 32 characters maximum. Is there any way to lengthen it? Thanks Jonathan In microsoft.public.money, Jonathan wrote: > >The length of the Pay To field in the check register seems to be about 32 >characters maximum. Is there any way to lengthen it? No. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;171421 ...

odd behavior with bill pay to Discover Card
This doesn't happen with other bill pays (through Bank One, which uses Checkfree behind the scenes). When I schedule an e-pay say for July 31, the transaction is immediately marked with "E". Obviously, nothing happens to my Checking account register at the bank until July 31. Eventually when July 31 rolls around, when the transaction shows up in my bank, then that statement when downloaded into Money 2003, adds another line to the account register, throwing off all the balances. Q: Why is this e-pay to this party getting marked with "E" when I schedule the payment an...

Money 2005 replaces the "Pay To" with "Memo"
Hello everyone, I'm using Money 2005 SB and I would like your help=20 regarding a problem I'm having. Everytime I enter a=20 transaction without a payee but with a memo, Money moves=20 the memo data to the payee field. Now, this only happens=20 after I close and reopen Money. This is very annoying=20 because my List of Payees is full of stuff=20 like "Descartes' Error by Ant=F3nio R. Dam=E1sio" and so on. Am I missing something?=20 Thanks, PV Yes, the behavor has changed since Money 2004. There's no way to change it. -- "Pedro Vaz" <pedrovaz@ya...

Pay to line auto fill always wrong
When i download data the memo line shows the correct transaction data but the "pay to" line automatic fill line always lists a previous transaction. Like it will say Kmart even though the transaction is really to Albertsons. Any ideas would be appreciated. To fix this problem go to Tools/Options and choose the Online services Tab. Uncheck "Replace downloaded payee names when user-altered names are not availalbe".If you wish the payee to show up as a standardized payee name such as "Visa Debit" "Withdrawal or Check", then check the box "S...

Values in Pay To Field
How do I remove values from the Pay To list? Through syncing with my PDA, a number of the valkues have become corrupted and I want to remove them In microsoft.public.money, Mike McLellan wrote: >How do I remove values from the Pay To list? Through syncing with my PDA, a >number of the valkues have become corrupted and I want to remove them Go to Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Payees, right-click a Payee and select Delete the selected Payee from the drop-list. Alternatively use the Delete button at the bottom to deleted the selected Payee from the drop-list....

Money 2002 "Pay To" Erop Down Not Working Properly
In Money 2002, the drop down for entering the "Pay To" field into the register has stopped working. Until recently, I didn't experience any problems with this. I notice the following: If I add a new payee in the "Set up your payees" screen, then the added payee shows up in the registers pay to drop down but only if there are no transactions yet for the new payee. Once I have established a transaction for the new payee, the payee no longer shows up in the drop down. Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be appreciated. I am experiencing the same problem. ti...

Pay to drop down list dissappearance
I have Money 2002 and have lost the pay to drop down list. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave See your other post. "Dave Baukol" <dbaukol@msn.com> wrote in message news:1b8a01c3ff4c$a3b4d340$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have Money 2002 and have lost the pay to drop down > list. Any help would be appreciated. > > Thanks, > > Dave ...

Default Download for "Pay To" and "Category" is wrong
When I download from my bank, the "Pay to" line always defaults to "Chili's Grill", and the "Category" line always defaults to "Food: Dine Out". Does anyone know how to make it default to blank or at least not to Chili's Grill? Thanks in advance. That worked. Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Liza wrote: > >>When I download from my bank, the "Pay to" line always >>defaults to "Chili's Grill", and the "Category" line >>always defaults to "Foo...

Switching from MSN Bill Pay to BOA Bill Pay (cant)
As a result of the BOA/Fleet Merger electronic bill pay through Money is available. I have changed my account config to enable this service and discontinue MSN Bill Pay. However when I send a payment to the bank they won't accept it. A box pops up advertising that the account#/password is incorrect. Since I have no trouble downloading my statement I cant under-stand this. I am using Money 2004. Any suggestions? Richard Smith -- ...

Can't see payees in the pay to drop down list
I have used money since 2000. I'm having a problem seeing the drop down list in the pay to area of the form in my money 2003 program. It was working fine until I changed my windows theme, and used a theme from themesxp.org. I've changed back to the original theme, and even uninstalled the money program and reinstalled. Am i missing something. The payees have never gone away before. Thanks in advance Read the threads and check again tomorrow. "Dennis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46d601c3ff43$501e98a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

Variable 'Pay to'... never learns catetory
We pay our Fedex bill thru Amex which and we import the monthly OFX file to Money 2004. The "Pay To: " from Fecex always shows the airbill, "FDX#0345678901234567 ABCD" This means every "Pay To" is unique, and Money can never learn that anything starting with "FDX#" should be catorgized as "Shipping". Its a real pain to edit every entry, and add "Shipping" to the category. Any suggestions? Thanks!! Bob I would suggest sending in a wish to allow wildcards in the payee rules manager. This would allow you to wildcard out the uniq...

pay to:
my pay to list now only shows very old payees. The payee and account lists are fine, just the "pay to:" pull down in the forms area. Sounds like a virus to me since several people reported this problem today. It's a leap year bug - wait till tomorrow or change the computer date to March 1st. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42e201c3ff01$3122cbc0$a5012...

Allow Jury Duty Pay to be based on a pay code.
The system does not allow Jury Duty Pay and like pay codes to be based on another pay code. Therefore, when updating pay rates, this will not be automatically rolled down. You have to remember to change it manually. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

Pay to vendor
I am facing a problem : When I enter a transction for paying a vendor through Cash or Transfere from Bank (a Dublicate will appear in the vendor billing transction one as dept. and the aother as cridit can some one help alphaprojects2004@hotmail.com Do you download transaction data? "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CF4B603-E42C-4936-A114-ADFDA46DBA66@microsoft.com... >I am facing a problem : > When I enter a transction for paying a vendor through Cash or Transfere > from > Bank (a Dublicate will appear in the vendor billing transc...

Pay To List
How do I delete some of the names in my "Pay To" list (the "pay to" list that is used when making entries into your accounts)? I deleted a large amount in the payees list but they still show when selecting "pay to" when creating a new account entry. I tried the FAQ page and online help and couldn’t find anything. Thanks! John Normally deleting them from the explicit list will get them out of the pulldown/autocomplete list. So, your list at Account List More|Categories and Payees|Payees is much shorter than it was and still you see names not in this list...

Payees in Pay To disappearing
I am using Money 2006 Deluxe. It has worked fine until now. All of a sudden as I am entering a Payee into the Account Register, the payee disappears from the Pay To drop down list. I have a few payees that have somewhat similar names, ie: Bank of America, Bank of America Visa, ect. If I input a payment to Bank of America, it disappears from my dropdown list. When I go to input a payment to them again, it will only allow me to put in the next Bank of America setting. I have to tab off, then go back to the pay to box and delete what I don't want for it to work. This is becoming...