Bank Of America Credit Card - MSN Sync vs. Money Sync

Damn it!  Microsoft, whats going on here!!!!

If I add my Bank Of America credit card account via MS it synchronizes
the account and all is well.  If I then sync Money 2005 it sees the
acocunt and adds it.  If I try to sync money 2005, it says that there
is no provider available for my BoafA credit card.  But! If I go back
online I can do it via money.  Now for the really annoying part..
Eventually, Money 2005 disables the online sync and the next time I
sign on MSN its disabled here as well.

This is clearly a problem with 2005 because I had no problems with
2004.
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Brian, here's the possible answer.   B of A only provides one way
(webstatements) online services.

Here's what you do.   First, enable online services for your account and
ACCEPT (since it's beyond your control) that B of A doesn't offer the PRIMO
2-way direct online services you really want.

Next,  follow the procedure to have your Money program SYNCHRONIZE with MSN
Money on the Web.  Disable it, remove ALL accounts on MSN Money, and then
redo it entirely.   After you do this, go to your B of A account on MSN
Money on the Web and then LINK your MSN Money B of A account info to your
Money file name that you use on your MS Money account (for B of A) that you
have installed locally on your computer.

Thus, you will have what you're looking for (indirectly, via Yodlee) and,
when B of A inevitably offers direct two way services, you will be able to
have the automation you clearly want and cut Yodlee out of the picture.

If this doesn't work (I read your post carefully), then you have another
problem that is probably a SYSTEM problem.  The odds that MS would goof as
monumentally as you're suggesting are TINY.   I have 2003 so I can't
absolutely guarantee that my advice is right BUT can you imagine the tort
(legal) problems that MS would be exposing itself to if your supposition is
correct.

Another pertinent question.  What OS are you using.  If it's XP, do you have
SP2 installed.  Do you have the RAM to deal with CURRENT software (a
critical issue most people DO NOT understand)?

I'm not trying to ridicule you at all but you are describing a complex
problem that could involve software and/or hardware issues.   That's why I'm
taking the time to bring these matters to your attention.

And all of this presumes that your MS passport works and that your e-mail
address is considered verified by MS.

"Brian Corrigan" <bcorrigan78@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Damn it!  Microsoft, whats going on here!!!!
>
> If I add my Bank Of America credit card account via MS it synchronizes
> the account and all is well.  If I then sync Money 2005 it sees the
> acocunt and adds it.  If I try to sync money 2005, it says that there
> is no provider available for my BoafA credit card.  But! If I go back
> online I can do it via money.  Now for the really annoying part..
> Eventually, Money 2005 disables the online sync and the next time I
> sign on MSN its disabled here as well.
>
> This is clearly a problem with 2005 because I had no problems with
> 2004.

0
dpommering (45)

Discard Bank Reconciliation
We are currently on GP version 8, SP2 and have picked up a problem in bank management where we are unable to discard changes to the bank reconciliation upon exit - (Save, Discard, Cancel options available). Although we select Discard, the reconciliation still saves the changes. Cash Book Management version is 8.00g12. Any suggestions? ...

Product ID of purchased Money
I had purchased Money Deluxe 2008 sometime last year, but I can't figure out how to acquire my product id so that I don't have to buy it again? Does anyone know? I tried Digital River's order search, but it says I have no orders on file. -- Jasee DelaCombo In microsoft.public.money, DelaCombo wrote: >I had purchased Money Deluxe 2008 sometime last year, but I can't figure out >how to acquire my product id so that I don't have to buy it again? Does >anyone know? I tried Digital River's order search, but it says I have no >orders on file. So you ...

Credit card finance charge
I don't know what I could categories for my credit card finance charges In microsoft.public.money, Henry wrote: >I don't know what I could categories for my credit card finance charges You can make your own category. You could call it "CC Interest". I call it "Bank Charges: Interest Paid." That's already there. Susan "Henry" <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55114A0D-9189-43D7-847D-2F73ECFC045B@microsoft.com... >I don't know what I could categories for my credit card finance charges ...

Relative vs Absolute References (VBA Code)
Hi, If I'm recording a macro and specify to use relative references, why does the VBA code look as though it is specifying absolute cell references? I.e., ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Test" ActiveCell.Offset(1,0).Range("A1").Select Why is A1 listed here...considering I'm running this in another part of the worksheet say I42? Thanks Jerry What you're seeing is just a by-product of how Excel records macros. Actually, the Range("A1") part is not needed. So if it bothers you, you can edit your code like this: ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Test...

business cards #9
so i would find that in microsoft publisher and that is where, do i type in www.etc are you blonde On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 02:21:02 -0700, blondie74 <blondie74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >so i would find that in microsoft publisher and that is where, do i type in >www.etc Now, now, now - don't insult blondes. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ME" <me@here.com> wrote in message news:q80tl0td8tcr930j508c7f6iic70s6jk1k@4ax.com... > are you blonde > On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 02:21:02 -0700, blondie74 > <blondie74@discussions.microsoft.com...

Old Money
Hi Im sorry to bother you guys but I have a question re "money". It seems that my "cash acccount" is not included in the overall picture, the balance of this account is not reflected on the "home" page. When I go to "Review your current budget status" page it says I have no income (wages & salary) at all when there clearly is income going into the cash account. The figures relating to the cash account dont seem to influence any totals. Sorry this is a bit hard to understand but its difficult to explain. Hope you can help me. Moose. ...

Queries with loops and variables (query vs. vba)
Again, I am new to access but was wondering about queries versus going to VBA. I have a sql server script (containing some loops and if statements) that I would like to run after the user enters information into a form. Does access queries allow you to do loops with variables, etc or is that when you need to start using VBA. Is there someone to find a tutorial on access queries that is more advanced then the normal select, insert, update or delete. Any information would be great. Thanks, AJ On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:24:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Access quer...

etransfers from U.S. bank
Starting August 7th MS money stopped making transfers between accounts at US Bank. US Bank states that there is nothing they can do because the transfer request is not being sent by MS Money. My screen shows the envelope with blue lighting opject telling me the transactions are pending. However the right click option allowing me to cancel the transaction does not appear on the menu. I am manually making the transfer. ...

household bank
I do not see any credit card account for household bank credit card. here is the link: https://www.householdbank.com/hb/CustomerCare? cmd_DisplayLogin= can anybody tell me whether this card is in money 2004? In microsoft.public.money, nair wrote: >I do not see any credit card account for household bank >credit card. here is the link: > >https://www.householdbank.com/hb/CustomerCare? >cmd_DisplayLogin= > >can anybody tell me whether this card is in money 2004? See if Household Credit Services works for your card. ...

MS Money 2003/2004
I have installed MS Money 2003 and 2004 with the same undesirable results. The program installs properly but, when attempting to open, the MS Money screen pops up and then goes away. The application never opens for me to access. My system meets or beats all of the minimum requirements. I have used the check?? program and it tells me that the program is installed properly. Any ideas? Thanks! Kym Have you tried double-clicking the Money file directly to open it, or, if you don;t yet have one, the sample.mny file? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microso...

Credit Limits
Is there a way to globally increase customer credit limits by a set $ amount for all customers. Yes, Go to Administrator, connect to the database, backup the database (always do it first !), go to the Query window and type in there: UPDATE Customer SET CreditLimit=CreditLimit+300 and then press the big green arrow and wait for result '300' here is just an example. This command will increase each customer's credit limit by $300. Change the number in the command as you wish. If you wish give all customers, say, flat $500 credit limit, change the command as the following: UP...

Bank Reconciliation #3
What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the General Ledger Balances? How do we go about rectifying the Bank reconciliation to agree to the GL Bank Balances? Had entered Increase Adjustment in Cash Transaction that threw out both these balances. Would appreciate your assistance. Once you figure out where the problem is, you will probably need to do a journal entry. I have never had that happen. sabbir wrote: > What happens when the Bank reconciliation balances do NOT agree with the > General Ledger Balances? > How do we go about rectifying the Bank...

Starting Money
Every time I attempt to start Money, I get an error message saying that mnyxml.dll is missing. Anyone know how I can resolve this. Money was loaded onto my computer when I purchased it, so short of restoring the entire system, I don't have a way to re-install Money. ...

How to sync 2 profiles?
I have 2 profiles in Outlook 2003. I need one to access email while in the office and another to access email on my Sprint wireless card. I need both because the outgoing mail servers are different for each scenario. The irritating thing is trying to keep both profiles in sync. I want them to be mirror images of each other except for the outgoing mail servers (folders and calendars as well as contacts and messages). I've seen stuff that says it syncs from one PC to another, but my profiles are on the same laptop. Has anyone seen anything like this? Same mailbox? are you usin...

Over payments as Credit
A client over paid for services rendered and wanted to keep the balance in a credit however, whenever I enter the payment, it just gives me an option to give change back. Should this be the case or is there a way to change this setting? If you use select the customer and use Shift-F4 to take the payment it will give you the option to add it as a credit to the account. Craig "Nannette" <Nannette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468E7927-061E-47CB-9298-772AB2D05197@microsoft.com... >A client over paid for services rendered and wanted to keep the balance...

Sync outlook 2k7
I use outlook 2007 on 2 work computers and 1 home computer. I don't use exchange server only an ISP pop3 server for mail. What is the best way to keep the calandar and contacts on these 3 computers synchronized? Bob Hi Bob, for synchronization tools have a look on this site: Maybe it helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Notebooks: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Bob" <msgdev@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eAEg96wEHHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Money 2006 Having Trouble with Online account set-up (investments)
I have been trying to link money to all my investment account so I don't have to enter all the transaction by hand, but the problem arises when I have 2 or more funds from the same broker. Money will only allow me to link one fund number to each account number, unless I create seperate accounts for each individual fund. Anyone have a way to link multiple funds from the same broker to online account services? ...

Playing Card Template
Does anyone have a template for making playing cards or know of any software that has one? I could probably create one, but not sure I want to reinvent any wheel already in existence. Lw Jackson wrote: > Does anyone have a template for making playing cards or know of any > software that has one? > > I could probably create one, but not sure I want to reinvent any wheel > already in existence. =========================== The older MS Picture It! Publishing programs and the newer MS Digital Image Pro and MS Digital Image Suite programs have templates for playing cards. Th...

Line of Credit Account Setup
I have Money 2004 and when I create a new account it does not give me the option for a Line of Credit type. In microsoft.public.money, RobertW wrote: >I have Money 2004 and when I create a new account it does not give me the >option for a Line of Credit type. Perhaps those types are not available in the Canadian/Standard version. You could call it a credit card. ...

Can't Print Checks Money 2004
I installed Money 2004 and have printed checks, but today I entered three checks with print in check number and when I go to print, it says 'you have no accounts with checks to be printed'. I did see an old post about resetting the check number but don't know if that applies. Can anyone help me get back to printing my check????? Bob Close Money, then go to Start, Run and type 'msmoney -s' without the quotes. Money should open and repair the file. This usually fixes it. "Bob Z" <bzam@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:4305eed8.0309120840.3b8d6f1@post...

Integration Manager
I am using an excel spreadsheet and IM to bring in an increase adjustment. I have 18 different accounts to credit and want one batch with 18 lines. I keep getting 18 batches with 18 lines in each one. I had set this up correctly once before but something happened to the integration and I had to recreate it and I don't remember what I did before to create one batch. Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks, I figured out the problem. I was selecting all 18 rows for the header query instead of the first 2. "LauraS" wrote: > I am using an excel spreadsheet and IM...

Money Express stops working
I was running msconfig the other day and discovered a bug in my Registry which was stopping Money Express from running. Unfortunately I did not write the path down, but the problem was that the program was included in double quotes (Example ""C:\Program Files\Money\Money Express.exe"") To find this in your registry, search for Money Express.exe"" and edit the value for MoneyAgent so that it has only one quote at each end of the line (Example "C:\Program Files\Money\Money Express.exe") This one has been frustrating me for ages. Nice to have finally fo...

Automating Credit Card Settlement
Pre-Rms we had a terminal based credit card system, at the end of the night we would print out a total sheet and be done with it, around 12:00AM the bank would automatically close the batch. Now with RMS we have to manually close the batch each night, which is fine, until a manager is not working that night, then it doesn't get done until the next night, which our accountant hates because citibank deposits a lump sum based on the settlement. So my question is could I create a task that would do the settlement at a cirtain time and automatically print a report if needed? -- -Concord P...

Multiple bank accounts at same bank
Greetings We have set up multiple accounts and one credit card at the same bank (TD Canada Trust in Canada) and it appears that the credit card activity is downloaded without problem but all other accounts inport into the same Money account( the credit card). Is there something simple we missed in creating the accounts? Thanks! =?Utf-8?B?VGFmZnk=?= <Taffy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 03 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > We have set up multiple accounts and one credit card at the same bank > (TD Canada Trust in Canada) and it appears that the credit car...

Automatic Email Domain detection fo contacts on Client Cards
With integration of Email and Calendars into CRM, there should be the functionality that detects the domain that an email has come from and automatically logs that email under the account which holds that domain name. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...