Balance Forward Transaction - Money 2006

I am using Vista and I just started using Money.  I am a Quicken user and
this is my first time with Money.  I downloaded all my bank transactions for
this calendar year.  The first transaction was on 1/1.  In Quicken, you can
add a transaction by clicking right into the "register."  The only way I
could find to add a transaction to Money was by using the "adjustment"
transaction at the top of the page - so I used that section to add a
transaction for "balance forward" on 1/1 in the amount of $904.  My ending
balance on that account is correct but the daily totals are all off by $904.
Is there another way of adding the balance forward so that it is reflected
from the start?

Thanks!
Barbara
0
barbara (41)
5/8/2007 10:02:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Barbara wrote:

>I am using Vista and I just started using Money.  I am a Quicken user and
>this is my first time with Money.  I downloaded all my bank transactions for
>this calendar year.  The first transaction was on 1/1.  In Quicken, you can
>add a transaction by clicking right into the "register."

You might turn off transaction forms to see if you like that
interface better.

>  The only way I
>could find to add a transaction to Money was by using the "adjustment"
>transaction at the top of the page - so I used that section to add a
>transaction for "balance forward" on 1/1 in the amount of $904.  My ending
>balance on that account is correct but the daily totals are all off by $904.
>Is there another way of adding the balance forward so that it is reflected
>from the start?

You should be able to click into the blank at the bottom of the
register.

You should be able to click New at the bottom of the register.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money 2004 in Windows Mobile 5.0
Hello, I just buy a handheld HP 2490, this have a Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC, somebody know who i can sync my transacction with this handheld. Microsoft Say windows mobile 5 don't have the sync program (ALWAYS MICROSOFT) Short answer - you can't. -- Michael Gordon "jmcs" <jcw2000@intelnet.net.gt> wrote in message news:ubExwHsAHHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I just buy a handheld HP 2490, this have a Windows Mobile 5.0 for > Pocket PC, somebody know who i can sync my transacction with this > handheld. > > Micr...

"Floated" (or loaned) Money paid back in cash
All, I'm sure variations on this question have been asked before, but I can't seem to find an answer that makes sense in my situation. I have a cash account that I use for loaning money, borrowing money, etc. I call it Misc. Assets and Liabilities. I've used this successfully in the past when I've floated someone money--for example, I bought my mother's computer on my credit card. She sent me a check, I put the deposit against that account, and all was well. In my current situation, I pre-paid my volleyball team fees. The total was $360, $60 of which was for myself. ...

Money not updating online
It seems that Money goes to www.spcomstock.com to get quote updates (look in my information sheet) ... however that site has change to www.comstock- interactivedata.com. Now online updating in Money doesn't work ... at least mine doesn't. Try to go to the www.spcomstock.com and you'll time out with an error. I don't see any way to change how money accesses the web site. Thoughts .... am I off base. Have read other notes on the subject and suggestions around firewalls etc. I haven't changed mine, but just in case turned it off and still money won't update....

Money 2000 isn't importing downloads from citicards.com
Hello. Usually (every month), when I balance my credit card, I download my statement from citibank. However, when I tried to do this today, the download seemed to happen, but Money never reacted. Is there a way to do this importation manually? Thanks. Todd Todd, Not sure what Citibank card you have, but for mine, Citibank stopped offering direct access from within Money (and Quicken, etc.) Also, on their website, I can no longer even download a Money format from there. All I can download is a standard "QIF" format. That comes into Money just fine, but you have to tell Mo...

Microsoft Money Plus and future versions
We have been asked to post the following by the MS Money Team. Annual Release Change .. Microsoft Money Plus continues to be a valuable tool for our customers; however the feedback we are hearing is that the incremental updates to the software don't merit a new product every year. Given this, we have decided against releasing a 2009 version of Money Plus. .. We are moving off of an annual release cycle for Microsoft Money Plus (no Money 2009 version in the fall), with future release dates TBD. Money Plus continues to be a valuable tool for our customers, however the feedback we ar...

money 2004 and downloads
Just upgraded from money 2003 to 2004 problem when trying to update stocks etc via internet it say problem with install re install using original disks , I have tried this and it makes no difference , it worked perfectly in 2003 and yet since the upgrade only once have i been able to download prices , the money update part of the program returns no errors just the stock prices section anyone else have this probem ? thanks Did you disable your virus and firewall programs before installing 2004? Did you uninstall your previous money version before installing 2004? "John R" <info...

Cannot display balances by period
We need a SmartList that will provide a display like Reports > Financial > Trial Balance > Summary. One that shows Beginning Balance, debits, credits, net change, and Ending Balance. The SmartList should have an ability to set the Search using Year and Period and provide the Account Balance for that period. Current abilities with SmartList only allow it to display the Net Change but not the Period Balance. You might need two SmartLists - One for Current and one for History like the Financial Reports that separate the two options. ---------------- This post is a suggestion f...

msn money stock quotes options symbol changes
Since the change to stock options symbols I have been unable to get stock option pricing. I have tried several forms of the new symbols (I cant seem to find a definitive description of the proper symbols) and nothing works. I have seen a couple references online by people that claim they got it to function but they don't include any working examples. Will the msn money stock quotes addin continue to work with stock options, and if so, please give an explanation and more importantly at least one actual working example. ...

Using money on another computer
I am using Microsoft Money 2003 D&B. I have my computer networked with my secretaries computer. I want her to pay my bills on her computer. I tried installing money 2003 on her computer (after uninstalling on mine) and it appeared to install properly but when I try and start it using the desktop icon that was installed it pops on and then off with no error message. I use Windows 98 on her computer as there are some old programs I use that only work on that operating system. Any solutions or suggestions. Also is there anyway to use this program over the network so that it ca...

I've downloaded and accepted a lot of transactions YTD that have all been auto-reconciled. I didn't realize that was happening until I wanted to balance against my paper statement. Is there a way to select multiple transactions (all) and mark as unreconciled? In microsoft.public.money, bran100 wrote: >I've downloaded and accepted a lot of transactions YTD that have all >been auto-reconciled. I didn't realize that was happening until I >wanted to balance against my paper statement. > >Is there a way to select multiple transactions (all) and mark as >unrecon...

Asset Allocation
I have noticed that the Asset Allocation settings for each individula investment does not always translate to the Asset Allocation section of the Investment tab and the report section for AA. To make matters more confusing - the same accounts are reported differently between the two separate sections. Are these just bugs in teh code base or is there a way to repair the problem? Steve ...

Calculate in Today's Money?
I have a spreadsheet that lists the estimated balance in a savings plan each year for the next 25 years. I also have estimated the rate of inflation at 3.5%. Can anyone tell me what formula I would use to display the balance in "today's money"? Thanks! Rick B Okay, I think I figured it out... =F7/(1+((B7-$B$5)*$K$4)) Where F7 is my ending balance. B7 is the current year. B5 is the starting year. K4 is my interest rate. Does this work? The numbers look realistic. Thanks Rick B "Rick B" <Anonymous> wrote in message news:%23JZF0cf4EHA.2316@TK2MS...

Money 2003 #14
Recently, in the Portfolio Manager, 'Today's Total Change' for funds is not posting. All others OK. This is also affecting the "Change: $$$" at the bottom of the portfolio. No help on line. No QFEs for this version. Any ideas? -John ...

Credit cards that work in Money WITHOUT Yodlee/Passport?
Which credit cards can send account info into Microsoft Money WITHOUT using Yodlee/Passport? I know of at least one: USAA Savings Bank. Others? -- David Arnstein arnstein+usenet@pobox.com In microsoft.public.money, David Arnstein wrote: >Which credit cards can send account info into Microsoft Money WITHOUT >using Yodlee/Passport? I know of at least one: USAA Savings Bank. Citicards http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/chooser/ Discovercard http://discovercard.com/ For a more inclusive list see http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationTyp...

Currency in Money 99
I would like to know if its possible in any way to have in each one of my entries in Money 99 (its the last version available / released here in Brazil) an entry in another currency, for example, i would like to track today how much in US$ i spent in a entry made also in local currency (here in Brazil we use R$). Any help will be very welcome! Thanks Dan Brazil ...

Money Plus Premium
Just installed M+ Premium on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I have Money 2003 installed on the old computer running Windows XP. Copied my money.mny file from Money 2003 on old computer to documents folder on Windows 7/M+ computer and started the M+ Premium program. It prompted me for password and brought up "converting file" screen. Program then stops responding. Is there a way to get my data file from Money 2003 converted to use with M+ Premium? Thanks. Bob In microsoft.public.money, bobinwa wrote: >Just installed M+ Premium on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I have Money 2003...

Downloaded transactions #5
I download tranactions from my bank and balance my register.. All is good!! Then the next day I update to look for more transactions. It find some new ones and all the ones I did yesterday. I have to go throught them all again!! I also changes the check numbers to some bank code.. I used Quicken for 7 years I am almost sorry I switched to money 2005.. Im having a hard time doing things on money that were very easy on Quicken Please Help ...

Multiple listing downloaded same transaction
Hi there, I am using Microsoft Money 2004. After downlaoding the latest "Visa" transactions from the bank into money, I see the same transaction several times. any ideas ? In microsoft.public.money, Allen wrote: >Hi there, > >I am using Microsoft Money 2004. > >After downlaoding the latest "Visa" transactions from the >bank into money, I see the same transaction several times. > >any ideas ? > This would be complex to troubleshoot. My guess is that the bank is sending the same transaction in OFX format, but giving it a different <FIT...

Transaction/Commit sizes in 2007
Currently running off-hosted MSE2003 and being asked to bring the environment back in-house. Have gone through the best practices documentation and proposed sizing exercises for 2007. Was originally going to use circular logging with recovery storage groups but have been asked to create an environment for LCR/CCR. Am sizing for approximately 2500 mailbox users of which nearly 75% of them are heavy email users with a mailbox size cap of 500MB/ea. (1.25TB expected store size) Given the default log file size of 1MB, does anyone have a feel for the average number of message transactions (email...

Export/import stock price from/to Money #2
I used Money 2003 in Taiwan (not USA). The stock is not USA stock, so I don't use the on-line update stock price. Is there any method to export/import my stock price ? Even write a program to do that, it's OK for me. Thanks. ...

Service Pack 1 for Money 2007 released: FYI
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811 It is not yet fully released a couple customer may get it but its not released yet fully Steve "SNV" <SNV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EFB42BB-0112-412B-A438-B42418AFBD25@microsoft.com... > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811 > On Nov 7, 3:35=A0am, "Steve" <steven_morriso...@hotmail.com> wrote: > It is not yet fully released a couple customer may get it but its not > released yet fully > Steve"SNV" <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:2EFB42BB...

which one is the most up to date INTERNATIONAL version of money?
HELLO, i had purchased a laptop two years ago with microsft money included. it is an international version and i am interested in buying the latest version as i have seen there is a 2005 one however my file cannot be imported into any of the uk or small business versions... where can i find the upgrade of my version? thanx in advance diz ljdiz@hotmail.com ps feel free to mail me directly,thanx There is an international 2005 version. Part number: 105-00491 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. T...

Sell Transaction is lost
On Nov 23 I sold 17,000 worth of one mutual fund and bought 17,000 of another. This shows up correctly in my Schwab account, but my Money account only shows the "buy" transaction, thus the total for the account is 17,000 off (approxomately, given changes in market value for all of the positions.) I have "Updated" and "Read Statement" several times. What gives? This is really scary. What about other mistakes that might not be so glaring, and hence would go unnoticed? Some of use do not download transaction data. We get what we need in there when we n...

? Re Balancing Account Stalled, Then Fixed, H2 Prevent
I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. Started in mid-August and all has basically worked fine until this week. (Did have a temporary loss of .NET Passport but found the fix for this in prior posts here and fixed it). This week, I started to balance a credit card account. After entering starting & ending balances, date, etc. nothing would happen when I clicked the Next button. I "Googled" for this symptom and found a year old thread for this issue. The thread concluded with the advice that I should contact Microsoft. I did and they were very prompt in responding, instructing me t...

MS Money 2004 Bills & Deposits....where are they??!!
Hi All Having spent ages trying to figure my way round Money 2004 (having moved from Money 2001) I thought I'd come on here to see if anyone can help. A really useful aspect of 2001 was the ability to forecast future balances by entering bills scheduled for the next month, 6 months etc. In version 2004 however, after I check 'appear in register' on the Bills & Deposits page the items don't appear in my current account - in fact other than a reminder of a forthcoming bill on the home page, they appear to vanish. Am I missing something here or has something changed? I'd...