BACKUPS #2

When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info
include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info
require a seperate backup? Thanks.
0
hogbreath (2)
8/30/2006 5:11:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, hogbreath wrote:

>When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info
>include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info
>require a seperate backup? Thanks.

It's included.

=========

2006 suggested backup procedure

Money 2006 introduces a useful multiple backup file feature.

In M06: Tools->Settings->BackupSettings
I suggest checking
 x Automatically backup my Money file every time I close Money
  Save in [a place on your hard drive ]
   x Ask me before backing up each time*
   x Compress Backup Files
   Keep only the _20_most recent backup files [adjust to taste]

 x Perform scheduled backups every _14_ days
  Save in [a USB flash drive location]
   x Ask me before backing up each time*
   x Compress Backup Files
   Keep only the _2_most recent backup files [adjust to taste,
    but Money 2006 does not automatically trim to USB as it should]

Then periodically, perhaps once per month or more, copy your latest
backup (uniquely named by Money) to a CDR.  With XP, this can be a
copy and paste operation.  Otherwise use the burning software that
came with your CDR drive.

I strongly suggest use of a USB Flash rather than floppies. They
are bigger, so you don't have to swap media to back up. Plus
they are much more reliable (but not failure-proof).

*  The reason I have Money ask me, is that I don't want to back up
each time I exit. If I went into Money 5 times in a day, I would not
want to back up 5 times, nor would I want to delete 5 other backup
files.
You will be given the choice to BackUpNow or to Postpone.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/30/2006 5:29:10 PM
Thank you very much. I can now cease trying to seperately backup the
Portfolio Manager file.

"hogbreath" wrote:

> When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info
> include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info
> require a seperate backup? Thanks.
0
hogbreath (2)

Backup
When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I am getting the message: Unhandled Script Exception Script '[693]()' not found Exception_Class_Script_Missing Script_CMD_Userfunc I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me resolve this. Can anyone help me? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I >am getting the message: > >Unhandled Script Exception >Script '[693]()' not found >Exception_Class_Script_Missing >Script_CMD_Userfunc > >I cannot find anything in the Knowle...

Auto Open #2
Is it possible to have more than 1 Auto Open sub? combine -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:A15C1D19-FDEC-471B-B745-C0DF7C9311A7@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have more than 1 Auto Open sub? > Hi, Why would you want more than one? Your Workbook_Open subroutine can call as many subroutines as you want. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Ed Davis" wrote: > Is it possible to have more than 1 Auto O...

Need money? #2
Need money? Get into this site to earn money!!! http://www.ProPaideMail.com/pages/index.php?refid=admincaywebcom It really is simple. We send you emails. You click the special link inside the emails and earn free cash! How much do I earn by participating in paid-emails? We send emails worth anywhere from $.0025 to $1.00. When can I request payment? You may request payment when your account balance reaches $250. This may sound like a lot, be we do lots of random payouts and we usually pay people before they are even close to the $250 level. How can I request payment? A "Request Pay...

Outlook 2003: 2 Users share 1 inbox, 1 POP/SMTP acct w/o Exchange Server?
My wife and I need to share a common Inbox in OL 2003. ( One logon at a time) We have seperate "contact Lists / Address Books" however we can share common In-Box sub-folders for saved email. We're not a business and I don't see a need for an "exchange server." How can this be done in Outlook 2003? It came with our new system. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

Group Policy Backup
Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? Howdie! Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat: > Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core > machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download them seperately: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en There should be plenty of scripting that...

Pub 2000 Reinstall question (part 2)
To catch everybody up I'll post my original request below and the reply I received from Brian, then my new problem/question. |||| I have Windows Office XP Small Business Edition (Publisher 2002) |||| and Windows XP. |||| |||| I previously had Publisher 2000 installed but when installing the Office XP |||| package I let it overwrite/replace the 2000 version. |||| To get some features I've decided to reinstall Pub 2000 and have both Pub |||| 2000 and Pub 2002 installed. |||| |||| When I run Setup.exe on the Pub2000 CDRom I get a window that says |||| the install is running in Mai...

backup to a file?
hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng. So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily) I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if needed) thanks!!! Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you can copy whereever. -- Thanks, Bria...

Deleting Specific Rows #2
I use a spreadsheet for taking orders on the phone. The spreadsheet has all of the items we carry listed on it. At the end of the sale I have to delete the columns that have no value in them so I can print the worksheet at a size that can be read. Is there a way to automatically delete those cells without having to select and delete them individually? Use Data>AUtofilter to show the blanks, then delete all visible rows. -- HTH Bob Phillips "ScaffoldingDepot" <ScaffoldingDepot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E805CC80-6847-405A-9E14-0E7B8B18D234@micr...

Blocked Senders List #2
I am running Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Professional. I want to know if there is a way to automatically place the senders of Junk Email into the blocked senders list. Thanks Bob and then i discover that first three number sets on my ip address under file-properties is same first three sets on spammers ip address.....other words back to domain names. ========there has to be solution to spam========= >-----Original Message----- >I am running Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Professional. >I want to know if there is a way to automatically place >the senders of Junk Email...

Phone number formats #2
In GP 8.0 Vendor module, the Phone number in userA PC shows 9645751234 and in userB PC shows (964)575-1234 Ext. 0000. Why? Where can I setup the phone number formats for different user/PC? Please help. Thanks. stien Hi Stien, This is an easy customization that can be done by a GP developer. There are no options to change the format from within GP. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "stien" wrote: > In GP 8.0 Vendor module, the Phone number in userA PC shows 9645751234 and in > userB PC s...

Column showes 1 2 3 instead of A B C

Business Portal for Great Plains #2
Is there a dedicated Newsgroup for Business Portal anywhere? I'm very close to completely giving up on it. I can't even get it installed to work. I'm not aware of a dedicated newsgroup. This is the most active GP newsgroup that I'm aware of. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Norman McLeod" wrote: > Is there a dedicated Newsgroup for Business Portal anywhere? I'm very close > to completely giving up on it. I can't even get it installed to work. > > > ------=_NextPart_0001_1BFE60C6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello...

Is There a way #2
I need to be able to delete the contents of an end users e mail accout. I use to be able to do it in exchange 5.5 no promblem, now that I have upgraded to exchange 2003 cant figure out a way. Any ideas ?? Thank you you can use exmerge to "archive" the contents of a user's mailbox to a pst file...or grant yourself permissions to the maibox and logon via Outlook and delete everything... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00FD0735-F8EB-4EF5-90AF-80EE16AD1D07@microsoft.com... > I need to be able to delete the ...

HELP! Need to save in Excel 2.1 format
Hi I have excel 2007, and the datasystem here only accepts excel 2.1 format files. How can i convert or save in excel 2.1 format? I'd really appreciate any input, even link to some external convert program. Thanks Hi, Why you don't try to save it as excel 5.0 It should work when saving as scroll almost to the bottom there you will find excel 5.0 "Poppe" wrote: > Hi > > I have excel 2007, and the datasystem here only accepts excel 2.1 format > files. > > How can i convert or save in excel 2.1 format? > > I'd really appreciate any input,...

Great Plains Backup
Is it possible to schedule a GP backup? If yes how can this be done? You can schedule backups for system and company databases to occur on the days and the times that you specify. Only a system administrator can open the Schedule Backup window to schedule database backups. To schedule a database backup: 1. Open the Schedule Backup window. (File >> Backup >> Schedule button) 2. Enter a name for the schedule. 3. Select the company to back up. The path where the database will be backed up is displayed. You can modify the path, as needed. 4. Mark the days to ...

Exchange Server 2003 #2
Good Morning! In the company that i work, we recently set up an Exhange server [ version 2003] over Windows Server 2003 and active directory tecnologies. Being new at the exchange environment i would like to ask some things: 1. I need to keep a cope of every outgoing message of every accountand to be saved in a mailbox e.g. outbox@mydomain.com 2. I need to keep a cope of every incoming message of every accountand to be saved in a mailbox e.g. inbox@mydomain.com 3. I want to createn a common address book in which all the users will have access 4. I want to move all the e-mails every...

Printing Postcards #2
I am new to Publisher and so this may be a elementary question, but I can't figure it out. I am trying to print postcards on Avery 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch glossy perforated paper. On the publisher template everything looks great and I have resized for a 1/4 page paper. I am printing using landscape. When it prints, the 2 postcards on the left of the paper come out fine, but the right side of the paper is cut off by about a 1/4 inch. I have tried to print on 2 different computers, (HP Deskjet 960C) and (HP 1700CP) Can anyone help me figure this problem out? Thanks -- Mari Mari <...

Backup
I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full mode Around 10 days before. After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup one table has around 1000 records.Now Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion now it has Around 3000 Records Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up Has the database been in full recovery model all the time since the full backup was taken? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi ...

Import information into customer table from Excel (RMS 2.0)
I have some information that I would like to script to update into RMS 2.0's customer table. I have one part of the organization that provides information for certain customers that are to receive a discount. I would like to be able to run an update query that if there is a customer in the database and also in the .xls documentit updates a field in that customer entry. If there is a customer that's not in the table but in the .xls document I would like to have it add that customer and populate what information it can. I think I can figure the query out on my own, but ...

NT Backup and other backup issues
I'm getting an error when I try to schedule a backup system every day at a certain time. (0x8070005) I'm using an Admin account. ??? Is there any software that can backup files without changing them into a backup format? If I have 1000 files in 100 folders I'd like to see 1000 files in 100 folders in the backup location. Does any backup software do this? And it would have to be done incrementally so you're not backing up the same thing over and over for nothing. "FrankEdwards" <no@frank.here> wrote in message news:op.vbmurnheq6rutr@-...

How Do I Compare one cell to an Entire Column #2
Thank you. That worked great. Now, to make matters worse: I need to compare data in A1 and B1 to any data in Columns C & D but keeping in mind the 2 data are paired: Thus- IF (Cell in Column 1 and Cell in Column 2) = (Any Cell in Column 3 and Adjacent Cell in Column 4) THEN Column 3 = "TRUE" I Tried this but it didn't work: =IF((COUNTIF(C:D,A1:B1)>0),TRUE,FALSE) Please advise! Alex -- ExcelAlex ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ExcelAlex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15554 Vie...

sbcmsync.dll #2
Gang, I have a problem getting the "SBCMSYNC.DLL could not be installed or loaded?" error message when Outlook loads. I have already looked through google groups on how to resolve this and can't find an answer. I have removed the extend.dat file from the c:\docs&sets\user profile\local settings\app data\microsoft\outlook (even though the KB article says to remove c:\windows\app data\microsoft\outlook - which doesn't exist). I also have tried the "detect and repair" option from Outlook as well as tried to remove or disable the add-in. The only problem i...

Work Order System #2
I am exploring options for a work order system for our facility. We run GPv8 and are in need of a system to communicate work and track time and materials associated to that work. Important functions are online service requests and time entry. If anyone can suggest any options that would be greatly appreciated. My company provides this functionality for local government customers and utility customers. www.cogsdale.com "KS" wrote: > I am exploring options for a work order system for our facility. We > run GPv8 and are in need of a system to communicate work and track t...