Backup #6

I want to backup my money 2004 standard transactions to
Drive E (DVD/CD-RW burner).When I go to
Tools/Options/Backup, I delete the path that puts the
backup to drive C and enter "E:\My Money Backup" (without
quotes) and click ok. I get a window saying the path is
invalid. I used this method on my old computer and it
works great. When I would close out Money, the new
transactions would go straight to the E drive. What must I
do to have Money 2004 do the same thing? Any and all help
will be appreciated. Chuck
0
anonymous (74717)
5/14/2004 8:47:46 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I'm betting your old computer had DirectCD or some similar packet writing
software and your new one doesn't. Truth be known, for the sake of your
data, that's probably a good thing.

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=51.

"Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to backup my money 2004 standard transactions to
> Drive E (DVD/CD-RW burner).When I go to
> Tools/Options/Backup, I delete the path that puts the
> backup to drive C and enter "E:\My Money Backup" (without
> quotes) and click ok. I get a window saying the path is
> invalid. I used this method on my old computer and it
> works great. When I would close out Money, the new
> transactions would go straight to the E drive. What must I
> do to have Money 2004 do the same thing? Any and all help
> will be appreciated. Chuck

You are absolutely right. I gather you don't think too
much about Direct CD. Will you tell me why?  Chuck

0
anonymous (74717)
5/15/2004 12:01:08 PM
Many people, myself included, have found the reliability of the pre- Mt.
Rainier packet writing tools in general, and DirectCD in particular, less
than desired. (DirectCD disks showing up not readable, etc.) In addition,
Roxio software in general seems bug prone and relatively difficult to
maintain and fragile to application of Microsoft or other patches or just
simple changes in the environment. I once added some memory and couldn't
boot the machine until I booted from a CD and removed and reinstalled all of
Easy Coaster Creator.

Hopefully Microsoft will add Mt. Rainier support to XP in our lifetimes and
it will prove more reliable.

My Money backups are extremely important to me. I want the probability they
will be usable as high as I can possibly get it.

> You are absolutely right. I gather you don't think too
> much about Direct CD. Will you tell me why?  Chuck

much about Easy CD Creator 5. Can you tell me why? Chuck
0
anonymous (74717)
5/16/2004 1:38:13 PM
Quoting my reply from yesterday morning:
---

> [...]

Sorry for the duplicate messages. This was my first post
and didn't know how to navigate to more pages. Thank you
for your input re: Direct CD. I remember now I had some
problems on my old computer and the finger pointed at
Roxio. I'll take your good advice and steer clear  and
find some other way to back up Money.  Chuck

0
anonymous (74717)
5/17/2004 8:08:57 PM
No problem. Glad I could help. Thanks for the feedback.

> Sorry for the duplicate messages. This was my first post
> and didn't know how to navigate to more pages. Thank you
> for your input re: Direct CD. I remember now I had some
> problems on my old computer and the finger pointed at
> Roxio. I'll take your good advice and steer clear  and
> find some other way to back up Money.  Chuck

Backup
When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I am getting the message: Unhandled Script Exception Script '[693]()' not found Exception_Class_Script_Missing Script_CMD_Userfunc I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me resolve this. Can anyone help me? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I >am getting the message: > >Unhandled Script Exception >Script '[693]()' not found >Exception_Class_Script_Missing >Script_CMD_Userfunc > >I cannot find anything in the Knowle...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

Is it possible to use USB ports in Visual C++ 6.0 (MFC)?
Best regards bayX wrote: > Best regards It depends on what you mean by "use." -n "Nikolaos D. Bougalis" <nikb@webmaster.com> wrote: >bayX wrote: > >> Best regards > > It depends on what you mean by "use." > > -n Now that is really helpful, how about "communicate with USB device" ? In my case I have a GUID and driver supplied by the device manufacturer, but cannot see how to use them. Colin I have a gsm phone. I want to write a program that will send SMS. My gsm phone can be connected to my computer from USB . S...

Group Policy Backup
Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? Howdie! Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat: > Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core > machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download them seperately: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en There should be plenty of scripting that...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

backup to a file?
hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng. So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily) I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if needed) thanks!!! Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you can copy whereever. -- Thanks, Bria...

Template #6
I downloaded a Donation Receipt template and would like to create a spread sheet to connect to it . Beside individual receipts I need to have the total donations for the year so I can give them one "year of end" receipt. I would appreciate any help on this. "Coonect to it" means a database workbook that updates with each new workbook created by the Template? This type of operation is best done by using the Template Wizard. If you need a copy please email me at gorddibbATshawDOTca Change the obvious. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 ...

Sorting problem #6
Please help me out, I need cheering up! How do I sort a sheet (say 10 rows of 5 columns) into 1 row of 50 columns, where each 5 columns in the new single row is made up of the successive rows of 5 columns of the original data? I don't want to cut and paste. Cheers, B. Hi in A1 on your second sheet enter the following formula: =OFFSET('sheet1'!$A$1,INT((COLUMN()-1)/5),MOD(COLUMN()-1),5)) and copy this to the right -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "The Bodster" <stefanbodo@ntlworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2p9gd.2773$uf.329@newsfe4-gui.ntli.ne...

Great Plains Backup
Is it possible to schedule a GP backup? If yes how can this be done? You can schedule backups for system and company databases to occur on the days and the times that you specify. Only a system administrator can open the Schedule Backup window to schedule database backups. To schedule a database backup: 1. Open the Schedule Backup window. (File >> Backup >> Schedule button) 2. Enter a name for the schedule. 3. Select the company to back up. The path where the database will be backed up is displayed. You can modify the path, as needed. 4. Mark the days to ...

Backup
I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full mode Around 10 days before. After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup one table has around 1000 records.Now Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion now it has Around 3000 Records Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up Has the database been in full recovery model all the time since the full backup was taken? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi ...

How to provide plugin interface (command design pattern) in VC++ 6
I need to provide a plugin interface in my application. On the basis of selected plugin, the excution is transferred to the plugged in code. I see it very easy in .net by using reflection. Even in c++ i can use COM and IDispatch for this .... but the problem is ... the plugin could call various methods of the exe as well to get the state and other operations ... how can i let COM call my exe methods .... should i pass some sort of interface to COM. REMEMBER: I donot want my exe be compilied again and again with the new plugins been added .... Now let me explain what my exe does ..........

NT Backup and other backup issues
I'm getting an error when I try to schedule a backup system every day at a certain time. (0x8070005) I'm using an Admin account. ??? Is there any software that can backup files without changing them into a backup format? If I have 1000 files in 100 folders I'd like to see 1000 files in 100 folders in the backup location. Does any backup software do this? And it would have to be done incrementally so you're not backing up the same thing over and over for nothing. "FrankEdwards" <no@frank.here> wrote in message news:op.vbmurnheq6rutr@-...

BACKUPS #2
When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info require a seperate backup? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, hogbreath wrote: >When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info >include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info >require a seperate backup? Thanks. It's included. ========= 2006 suggested backup procedure Money 2006 introduces a useful multiple backup file feature. In M06: Tools->Settings->Bac...

Backup file #2
How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory? How to specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored? Thanks, Tom Try Tools - Options - Save. This will automatically save a copy of your file every x minutes to the directory of your choice. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "tkanasoot@yahoo.com" wrote: > How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory? How to > specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored? > > Thanks, > Tom Do I need to set up my file to always create backup? Does this...

Duplicate Messages #6
I have several users in our organization who receive some messages multiple times. These messages are downloaded repeatedly when the users complete a send/receive, and after several times, it stops. It is not specific to specific senders, either internal or external. When it happens, usually they will not receive more than 7 or 8 of the same exact message. Users are using Outlook 2002 with SP 3 and latest updates applied. The email is downloaded from a POP3 server. Clients are NOT configured to leave a copy of messages on the server. Any hints or leads GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in a...

Generate a random 6 character output
I am looking for a way to randomly generate a 6 character output of letters and numbers like abc123 or 258qwe etc... Can anyone show me how to do this or point me to some examples? Thanks for any help. -- Stephen Well I have built my own answer. 1 table with 2 fields. LTR and NUM. LTR has 10 letters and NUM numbers the letters 0-9. The following is the code I built from the help file. Function RNDPassword() Dim db As DAO.Database Dim char1, char2, char3, char4, char5, char6 Dim ltr1 As Recordset, ltr2 As Recordset, ltr3 As Recordset Set db = CurrentDb ...

Exchange Front End Backup Frequency
Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End Exchange 2003 Standard 2003 AD native/native Front end has empty store mounted for SMTP forwarding. What frequncy would you recommend backing up the front end server since it holds no real changing data? Can I get away with once every week? (hopefully) Backend has sufficient backups every day in place. Thanks for your help, Harry On Sat, 20 May 2006 10:34:14 -0400, "Harry Bates" <harry@NOSPAMrocksystems.net> wrote: >Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End >Exchange 2003 Standard >2003 AD native/native &...

Exmerge Backup
hi we have exchange 2003 on and windows 2003 server. i login as administrator and i want to take backup of all the mailbox that are present useing Exmerge. but Exmerge doesnt recomend to change the permissions of administrator (recieve as and send as permissions which are denyed by default) . i have created a user who has admin previlages and i have created security group with receive and send as permissions set and made this user a memeber of that serurity group. now how do i run exmerge do i have to login to windows using this login or how how do i login to exchange with this user...

Formula error since 10.5.6 update ...
Hi, I have been working with a spreadsheet for years without any problem of this sort. Since my recent 10.5.6 upgrade a part of a formula does not return a correct result. My problem seems to be related to the incorrect result of this part of my formula: TEXTE($N$5;"dd-mm-yy"). In this example, N5 is equal to "31-10-09". This formula should return : 31-10-09 It returns "dd-10- yy". Funny, the "31" is replaced by "dd" and "09" by "yy", while the month number is correct. Any idea with this is all about ? ...

Backup OneNote files to CD
I lost a lot of my one note files when I purchased a new computer. I put them on CD but could not restore them from CD. I did not use the backup facility, as I am a new user of onenote and was unaware of this function. I now use back up regularly. My question is: is this the correct way to save files so I can put them on a CD and be able to restore them back in onenote should the need arise? I don't want to take a chance of losing any more files. -- John -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I lost a lot of my one note files when I purchased a new computer. I put ...

OE 6 XP address book doesn't start up
Hi, let me first explain the issue I had with out. At first Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. I fixed that with the help of MS ppl. Now, I can load OE fine but I get an error: Unable to open the Address Book. The Address Book may not be installed properly. I have tried to reinstall outlook as explained from another user by going into win explorer and find .inf>msoe50.inf and right clicked the install with the win CD. However after successfuly installing this did fix the issue with the address book. I have tried to find something in the KB b...

Linking #6
I have two files, each with a common column. File1 item_no description weight 1234 widget 5lbs 1235 widget2 3lbs 1236 widget3 2lbs File2 item_no price 1236 6.98 1234 5.90 1235 4.90 I want to create a third file that will import the price based on what the item number is. That is, I will link item_no from File 1 in Column1 in File3 (I know how to do that), then I need Column2 to be created with the Price field based on what the item_no in Column1 is. So, Column1 in File3 will grab the item_no from File1, and then Column2 in File3 will grab the appropr...

calculating time #6
When I am working on a w/book ,status bar indicating calculating 5% ........., ..Can I identify the formula or anything which is causing this calculating time more. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200512/1 Look at http://www.decisionmodels.com/index.htm first. If you can't find it manually, buy the FastExcel analyzer to locate the problem -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "T.K.RAJU via OfficeKB.com" <u16627@uwe> wrote in message news:59652557d3d66@uwe... > When I am working on a w/book ,status bar indicating calcul...

Backup always
How can I configure Excel so that when it opens ANY file (EXCEL), and save, it will 'Always Create Backups'. That is, want the default behavior for Excel to save a back of any file it saves; not just new ons, and not want to have to check every file before saving, please. (Used to be able to do this:~( You could try something like this, Michael: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=456 ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Michael Sullivan" <Michael Sullivan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Best practice .pst files on network shares for backup purposes
We encourage our users to periodically move their e-mail items from the users mailbox to a .pst folder thus preventing their exchange mailboxes from 'growing bigger and bigger. Those .pst files resided in the C:\Documents and Settings\{user profile name}\Local folders but because we had a couple of problems with users with a corrupt / lost .pst file and the fact that we don't have backups of their local disks we decided to put the .pst files on a network share. This way we'd always have a backup on tape of the file in case something went wrong But it seems Microsoft doesn't a...