backup #5

in money 2002 i cannot change my 14 day backup option to
a cd instead of the 3.5" floppy.  Is it possible to do
this or am I stuck browsing for the drive under hard
drive?
0
anonymous (74722)
5/8/2004 7:01:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Karl wrote:

>in money 2002 i cannot change my 14 day backup option to
>a cd instead of the 3.5" floppy.  Is it possible to do
>this or am I stuck browsing for the drive under hard
>drive?

You cannot do what you think you want.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
> In microsoft.public.money, Karl wrote:
>
> >in money 2002 i cannot change my 14 day backup option to
> >a cd instead of the 3.5" floppy.  Is it possible to do
> >this or am I stuck browsing for the drive under hard
> >drive?
>
> You cannot do what you think you want.

I wonder if you could get this to work by...

Installing packet writing S/W such as EasyCD and then changing windows drive
letter allocations (so A: becomes a CD drive)?

I haven't tried this and it sounds a bit risky to mess with A: mappings if
thats even possible.

Karl

You cannot fool Microsoft Money.  A Cd is not a floppy

Bob
"Karl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in money 2002 i cannot change my 14 day backup option to
> a cd instead of the 3.5" floppy.  Is it possible to do
> this or am I stuck browsing for the drive under hard
> drive?

0
Arge
5/13/2004 3:05:11 AM
Cwalter

It still won't be a floppy

Bob

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
> > In microsoft.public.money, Karl wrote:
> >
> > >in money 2002 i cannot change my 14 day backup option to
> > >a cd instead of the 3.5" floppy.  Is it possible to do
> > >this or am I stuck browsing for the drive under hard
> > >drive?
> >
> > You cannot do what you think you want.
>
> I wonder if you could get this to work by...
>
> Installing packet writing S/W such as EasyCD and then changing windows
drive
> letter allocations (so A: becomes a CD drive)?
>
> I haven't tried this and it sounds a bit risky to mess with A: mappings if
> thats even possible.

0
Arge
5/13/2004 3:05:58 AM
In microsoft.public.money, "Arge" <bigbc37(nospam)@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Karl
>
>You cannot fool Microsoft Money.  A Cd is not a floppy

But yet you can use a flash drive as a floppy.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/13/2004 11:32:25 AM
Newer versions (M04?) say "Removable." But they still don't recognize
devices that do not have normal FAT/NTFS file systems--read CD/DVD
writeable.

> In microsoft.public.money, "Arge" <bigbc37(nospam)@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Karl
> >
> >You cannot fool Microsoft Money.  A Cd is not a floppy
>
> But yet you can use a flash drive as a floppy.

New Exchange Server #5
I have deployed 2 new exchange servers in my Enterprise. both are Exchange 2k3 SP2 installed on Windows 2k3 RC2. One is a BE (Server B) and the other is a FE (Server C) hosting OWA and RPC over HTTP, working as advertised. These servers are in Administrative Group A which also host an Exchange 2k3 SP2 installed on Windows 2k, well call it server A. Server A is the only Internet Gateway for our Enterprise the Routing Group Master and connector for B, C and D routing (Administrative) groups. I need to decommission Server A and move its duties to Servers B and C. Any recommendations will ...

Backup
When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I am getting the message: Unhandled Script Exception Script '[693]()' not found Exception_Class_Script_Missing Script_CMD_Userfunc I cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base to help me resolve this. Can anyone help me? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >When I try to make a backup from withing Great Plains, I >am getting the message: > >Unhandled Script Exception >Script '[693]()' not found >Exception_Class_Script_Missing >Script_CMD_Userfunc > >I cannot find anything in the Knowle...

Does Outlook's Auto Archive Always APPEND TO or OVERWRITE a Previous Backup?
I ask because in another thread it was stated that auto-archive always appends, but lots of advice on multiple sites caution the user that it always over-writes. If it always appends, then I can use it. If it always overwrites, I can't. I think this is a very important distinction for the user and thus we should know one way or the other which is true append or over-write. Thanks. Yes, it always appends, because it is adding individual items to the = folders in the archive .pst file, not overwriting that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programmi...

pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.
Trying to instal the above, but getting errors. 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed on this machine. ....must uninstall.... Answer YES to next qurstion. Click OK. 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. OK No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file somewhere? Sugge...

Group Policy Backup
Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? Howdie! Am 01.07.2010 15:50, schrieb Venkat: > Is there a way that a Group Policy Object can be backed up on a Server Core > machine? Like we do using GPMC in a full dc. Using Powershell? GPMC delivers Scripts you can use to back them up. You can also download them seperately: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=38c1a89b-a6d2-4f2a-a944-9236999aee65&displaylang=en There should be plenty of scripting that...

Pivot Table Formatting #5
does anyone know how to format a pivot table so there are no blank cells? see below I curently get type A X 12 Y 20 Z 32 type B X 1 Y 10 Z 27 I would like to get type A X 12 type A Y 20 type A Z 32 type B X 1 type B Y 10 type B Z 27 The row headings show once in a Pivot Table, and there's no setting you can change, to force them to repeat. To print the table with a heading on each row, ...

backup to a file?
hi, can I backup my exchange 2003 to a file (instead of backing up to a tape drive)?. I will then copy the file to elsewhere. Our exchange server is in a different (distant)location and for some reason the tape drive is not workng. So until that gets resolved, I need to have some other way.(temporarily) I am referring to the 'file' destination option in windows backup. Is this possible and also, will doing this cause any issues while restoring?(if needed) thanks!!! Yes. Just specify a path and ntbackup will create you a bkf file which you can copy whereever. -- Thanks, Bria...

Open Relay for Exchange 5.5
Please read below for this same question I posted previuosly? The only box I have checked is "Hosts and Client that succesfully authenticate". And I rebooted the server. Now the problem is I can still relay off of the server. What else can I do to shut off relay for this mail server? You can see the spammers in the queue!! Please if anyone has any links or knowledge to shut down this relay problem please let me know?? Thanks, BiG ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ How do you shut off open relay? This is for exchange server 5.5. SP4. I found this article. htt...

Great Plains Backup
Is it possible to schedule a GP backup? If yes how can this be done? You can schedule backups for system and company databases to occur on the days and the times that you specify. Only a system administrator can open the Schedule Backup window to schedule database backups. To schedule a database backup: 1. Open the Schedule Backup window. (File >> Backup >> Schedule button) 2. Enter a name for the schedule. 3. Select the company to back up. The path where the database will be backed up is displayed. You can modify the path, as needed. 4. Mark the days to ...

can't find old data from Outlook 5 after upgrading to X
I upgraded my friend's slot load iMac with ram and OS X and installed Office X. she wanted to use Entourage as her mail client as she had been using Outlook 5 when she was running OS 9. Stepping through the import in Entourage was very smooth but I was not able to select Outlook when "helping" Entourage find her copy of Outlook. The app was there but it was greyed out. Later I tried to open Outlook in classic mode and it started up as a new installation with no mail or addresses. Please help me and my friend find her old stuff! Thanks, Clinton You aren't supposed to s...

When 5 is entered 5 Boxes Appear
Is It Possible so that When I Enter a number in Cell C5 5 boxes become formatted in yellow in cells C6:C10 (and also unlocke if possible) and then when i enter 7 in C5, 7 boxes appear ?? many thanks Ben -- cassy0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=78 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27284 Hi try the following: - select cells C6:C20 - goto format - conditional formating - enter the following formula: =ROW(C5)-4<=$C$5 - choose a ...

ndis 5.1 in windows 7
Hi all, I would like to know whether ndis 51 miniport driver will run on windows 7. (just running, no performance) . I have built my NDIS 51 miniport with WDK - 7600 , windows 7 build envirnment. In driverEntry I am getting "NdisMregisterminiport" returns failure. (return value -1073676283) . So the driver wont even load. Do I need to port my driver to 6.0 or 6.2 to make it work on windows 7 ? Regards, Subhash For certain link speeds you will not be able to WHQL certify an Ndis 5 driver and will need a 6.x one, but as far as loading and working, Ndis 5.x drive...

Backup
I have DataBase in SqlServer 2008.I Had taken database backup in full mode Around 10 days before. After that i ddi not take any other type of back.At the time of backup one table has around 1000 records.Now Accidentally Row has been deleted Now It has No Data.Before deletion now it has Around 3000 Records Is Their is Any Way to recover those deleted Rows From Full back Up Has the database been in full recovery model all the time since the full backup was taken? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi ...

NT Backup and other backup issues
I'm getting an error when I try to schedule a backup system every day at a certain time. (0x8070005) I'm using an Admin account. ??? Is there any software that can backup files without changing them into a backup format? If I have 1000 files in 100 folders I'd like to see 1000 files in 100 folders in the backup location. Does any backup software do this? And it would have to be done incrementally so you're not backing up the same thing over and over for nothing. "FrankEdwards" <no@frank.here> wrote in message news:op.vbmurnheq6rutr@-...

Exchange 5.5 currentTime
I am currently working on a replication system between 5.5 and 2000. Since Exchange 5.5 does not have a USNchanged Var in its directory, I am using the currentTime Comparision with the modifyTime. I am having trouble at getting the currentTime of the root. Here is the code. dir = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://" & SeverNm & "/rootDSE", servUser, ServPas) test = dir.Properties("currentTime").Item(0) test2 = dir.Properties("currentTime").Value I am getting a unidentified error. Thanks Robert ...

Windows Mobile 5.0
Does anyone have any idea where I can find the Windows Mobile 5.0 software, not the SDK or Uninstall Package? I say that because that´s all I´ve found and I´ve been all over the Internet. Can´t find it anywhere. Thanks in advance. S. Wiley Windows Mobile 5 software comes pre-installed on Windows Mobile devices. There's no way that I know of to buy it without hardware. So, the question is, what do you want to do with it once you have it? You can't load it onto a Windows Mobile device. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility BV www.cwrmobility.com/web...

How to migrate 4 exchange 5.5 to one exchange 2003
Dear all, Our company are using 4 exchange 5.5 server with different domain name. All of the servers were link up with the site connector and use the MTA for internal mail. And now we would like to upgrade to Exchange 2003 in one server. I am using ADC tools to migrate, I have upgraded to Excahnge 2003 successful but it only connected to one server only. I can view the entire sever in exchange 2003 tree but all of them were dim. How to migrate the remained server? Please provide the solution or suggustion to me, many thanks! Best Regards, Mino ...

permissions #5
i ahve 2 accounts with my outlook, when I try to send an email from one of them I get the message "you dont have the permissions to send from the specified user" Any ideas how to solve this cheers See the following knowledge base articles and see if any of them are applicable: Q223923 Q262829 Q323928 Q247909 Q320835 "chris basey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a6d01c3d705$cfef9860$a001280a@phx.gbl... > i ahve 2 accounts with my outlook, when I try to send an > email from one of them I get the message "you dont have > ...

Long delays in delivery EX5.5 SP4
Hey: We have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 server that's part of a large organization. Everything comes in via SMTP. We have a Windows machine running as a mail gateway for virus scanning and spam blocking. Both systems sit behind our firewall. The world-reachable MX address is reached via the firewall, which passes all SMTP traffic through to the gateway. Once scanned, the gateway forward directly to the Exchange server on the same network. The gateway runs Symantec SMTP Anti-virus Gateway on a Windows 2000 Server box. The Exchange server is running NT SP6. In recent weeks, we've exp...

BACKUPS #2
When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info require a seperate backup? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, hogbreath wrote: >When I back up my Money 2006 (internally or to a CD) does that backup info >include the Portfolio Manager data as well or does the Portfolio Manager info >require a seperate backup? Thanks. It's included. ========= 2006 suggested backup procedure Money 2006 introduces a useful multiple backup file feature. In M06: Tools->Settings->Bac...

Change Password Message in OWA 5.5
Each time a user logs into OWA they get a message to change their password when it is not necessary. Where to look to resolve the problem? -- Mark Anthony MCSE 2003 On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:41:00 -0800, Masitpro_mcse <Masitpromcse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Each time a user logs into OWA they get a message to change their password >when it is not necessary. Where to look to resolve the problem? By Not necessary, do you mean, its not expired, or is it the notification that their password is about to expire? THe default notification interval in 5.5 OWA was 14 days. Ch...

Backup file #2
How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory? How to specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored? Thanks, Tom Try Tools - Options - Save. This will automatically save a copy of your file every x minutes to the directory of your choice. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "tkanasoot@yahoo.com" wrote: > How do I create a backup file to be stored at different directory? How to > specify the directory that I want the backup file to be stored? > > Thanks, > Tom Do I need to set up my file to always create backup? Does this...

Leopard 10.5.2 combo updater released!
This might help with a lot of the problems Office 2008 users are experiencing. Get this combo updater rather than using Software Updater to download. A combo updater will go back and rewrite files that could be corrupted. Software Updates are incremental updates. Mac OS X 10.5.2 Combo Update: 343 MB <http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1052comboupdate.html> More on types of update file: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Ent...

I want to print a 26 page 5.5 X8.5 booklet
I want to print a a 5.5 8.5 booklet in publisher. I'm using 8 X 10 paper and printing in the landscape mode, but I'm having a difficult time getting the page order right when I print the book out. Can anyone help? Fred M calpoet <calpoet@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to print a a 5.5 8.5 booklet in publisher. I'm using 8 X 10 > paper and printing in the landscape mode, but I'm having a difficult > time getting the page order right when I print the book out. Can > anyone help? How exactly do you plan on getti...

Exchange Front End Backup Frequency
Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End Exchange 2003 Standard 2003 AD native/native Front end has empty store mounted for SMTP forwarding. What frequncy would you recommend backing up the front end server since it holds no real changing data? Can I get away with once every week? (hopefully) Backend has sufficient backups every day in place. Thanks for your help, Harry On Sat, 20 May 2006 10:34:14 -0400, "Harry Bates" <harry@NOSPAMrocksystems.net> wrote: >Server 2003 Enterprise Front End and Back End >Exchange 2003 Standard >2003 AD native/native &...