Backing up to USB memory stick

Hi,

I recently purchased a USB memory stick for my computer. However when I try
to back up my Money 2002 data to it, it asks for a second disk. The Memory
stick has more than enough room on it. I have more the 2 gigs of free space
left. Yet the program keeps asking for a second disk. I am pointing the
program to the correct drive. I was able to get the first back up to work but
any subsequent backups ask for the second disk.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

0
Chris6982 (632)
1/10/2006 4:49:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Chris,

Backup to the hard drive and then copy the backup file to your stick.
Also, on the stick, I would recommend either creating day folders or
renaming the stick files and keep copies of several days worth of
backups.

Regards,
JB

Chris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently purchased a USB memory stick for my computer. However when I try
> to back up my Money 2002 data to it, it asks for a second disk. The Memory
> stick has more than enough room on it. I have more the 2 gigs of free space
> left. Yet the program keeps asking for a second disk. I am pointing the
> program to the correct drive. I was able to get the first back up to work but
> any subsequent backups ask for the second disk.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
johnbusc (409)
1/10/2006 5:05:32 PM
Hi John,

Thanks for your response. Yes I can back up to the hard drive and then copy
it over but I was hoping to find a way to back up directly to the usb memory
stick. It's a bit of a hassle to copy the files to the hard drive and then
drag them over to the memory stick.

Chris

"johnbusc@hotmail.com" wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Backup to the hard drive and then copy the backup file to your stick.
> Also, on the stick, I would recommend either creating day folders or
> renaming the stick files and keep copies of several days worth of
> backups.
>
> Regards,
> JB
>
> Chris wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently purchased a USB memory stick for my computer. However when I try
> > to back up my Money 2002 data to it, it asks for a second disk. The Memory
> > stick has more than enough room on it. I have more the 2 gigs of free space
> > left. Yet the program keeps asking for a second disk. I am pointing the
> > program to the correct drive. I was able to get the first back up to work but
> > any subsequent backups ask for the second disk.
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to fix this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
Chris6982 (632)
1/10/2006 5:20:03 PM
Chris, spend $25 and buy a hard copy of Money 2006 at ths store. It
knows how to handle your USB memory stick. Steve

0
sjcohen730 (458)
1/11/2006 1:00:45 AM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will buy the latest version. When you say
"at this store" which store do you mean? Is there a place to buy software
here? Sorry I'm new to this site.

Chris

"Steve" wrote:

> Chris, spend $25 and buy a hard copy of Money 2006 at ths store. It
> knows how to handle your USB memory stick. Steve

0
Chris6982 (632)
1/11/2006 3:14:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote:

>Thanks for the reply. I guess I will buy the latest version. When you say
>"at this store" which store do you mean? Is there a place to buy software
>here? Sorry I'm new to this site.

While it is possible to buy online with download, it is best to buy
a CD. It simplifies things down the road if you have to reinstall.
You can still use the free trial download first. You can have Money
2006 NOT uninstall your existing version if you pay attention during
install, and each can be used one at a time while you try things
out. If you make a copy of your Money file under a different name
and let Money 2006 convert that copy, you will be able to switch
back and forth more readily as you double-enter for a while.

It is possible that a different USB flash drive will show up as a
removable drive for your existing Money. I think that may be a
function of the drivers.

Money 2006 will by default make multiple backups with unique names.
That is good.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/11/2006 3:48:23 PM
Sam's Club was selling M06 Deluxe for <$19 with no rebate run around.

> Thanks for the reply. I guess I will buy the latest version. When you say
> "at this store" which store do you mean? Is there a place to buy software
> here? Sorry I'm new to this site.

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Memory leaks and increased processor utilization
I am helping a client with a problem on his Exchange 2000 Server running on a Win2K DC. It appears the server has a memory leak in that after time, more and more of the memory gets used and we have to either 1) stop and restart the information store and/or 2) restart the server. The box is currently patched up to Win2K SP4/ Exchange SP3 + September 2003 Post SP3 Rollup I have attempted to use Performance Monitor to see what processes are eating up the memory. STORE.EXE is typically the culprit; but it takes a day or two for it to climb up. It seems to drive up the CPU usage as well after t...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

Is Task Manager Memory Usage Accurate
Trying to finalize and minimize the size of a VB project here and prefer control arrays loaded at form load over independent controls. Never thought about it before but in task manager the arrayed controls actually use more memory than independent controls. Its not a lot just a 100kb or so but is that to be expected? Is task manager a reliable source for quick memory usage testing? Another thing wondered, can someone tell me why is that when a compiled *.exe (it seems to be the same for any app not just compiled vb projects) is minimized and then restored, why is it the memor...

Memory leak Problem
Hello Everyone, greetings, I wrote an application using MFC CDatabase and Crecordset classes to access the MS Access Database.My application continuesly open and close connection. When I test it with Rational Purify, it shows Memory leaks in CDatabase::OpenEx and Crecordset:pen statement. I didnt use any dynamic allocation in my application and i close all connections properly. I want to know is MFC CRecordset and CDatabase classes leaks memory or this is the problem with my application itself. Plz suggest me to get out with this precarious situation. Thanks Regards Tapesh >-----Origin...

SBS4.5 crashed a while back!!
We have been asked to get involved with retrieving some emails from a EDB backup. The situation is: Server was SBS4.5 running Exchange 5.5. We have the PRIV.EDB and PUB.EDB, but we do not know what the site, organisation names etc. were. Are there any tools that can extract this information for us - we are hoping (and praying!!) to be able to install Exchange 5.5. with the correct details and then restore the EDB files and do a isinteg -patch and see if that gets us going. Any advice greatly appreciated. There are a few pre-requists here. Org name, Site name and Service pack level for...

Backing up Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02AC_01CAFAC7.03F51630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am able to back up all my e-mails and settings except my Contacts, which has all my friends and family e-mail address. Can anyone tell me how to back up my contacts in Outlook 2003? I would appreciate it if you could CC my e-mail address as well as the newsgroups. Thank You. ______________ David C. Stevens 14 Broadview Avenue Berlin, New Jersey 08009-1618 E-Mail : dcms61@verizon.net and/o...

Outlook 2003 Email Immediate Bounce Back
I'm having an odd problem with outgoing email in Outlook 2003. I just got a new laptop w/XP Pro and loaded the MS Office Standard Suite w/SP1. I also downloaded and installed Office SP3. I set up Outlook email w/all my POP3 settings and tested the settings in Outlook -- all fine. Incoming email is no problem. However for some outgoing emails, I get an immediate (and I mean instantaneous) bounce-back message that looks like the following: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test Sent: 2/5/2010 12:13 PM The following re...

DPM2010 and backing up Vm's on Hyper-V servers in a cluster
I have installed DPM Protection agent on a Hyper V server 2008-R2 and i automatically see the VM (child snapshot....) on the Hyper-V in DPM2010 if i want to backup the VM using DPM2010. And i can take a backup of the Hyper-V volumes and of the child VM. So far, so good. I have installed DPM Protection agent on 1 of the Hyper-V servers Win2008-R2 forming together a cluster. I can backup the Hyper-V volumes with DPM2010 but i don't see in DPM2020 my VMs on that Hyper V server. And so i cannot select it to back it up. No child snapshot line is there ... And i don't know why...

Back
is it my imagination or is there a forumla that you can use to go BACK to the previous sheet that you were on....or am i just imagining it? somthing like =()back and if it actually does work how do i actually put it into the workbook?:confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ No such formula that I know of, but it is to create one It's fairly simple. Put this code in a normal code module Public iCurrSheet As Long Public iPrevSheet As Long Sub GoBack() If iCurrSheet <> iPrevSheet Then Worksheets(iPrevSheet).Activate End If End Sub and this ...

Move contact subfolders back to categories
Did a click & drag of some categories to contact subfolders, how do I get them back to categories? Once again, please, with more clarity. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "sdm918" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ae3d01c44f21$e25e4340$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Did a click & drag of some categories to contact > subfolders, how do I get them back to categories? ...

Back-Up Data & Delete Data
I am curious, is there a way to back up my current data and then go into RMS Admin, so that I can delete it and start fresh? Would I be able to recover my database once it's been deleted? "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:7D52BA8C-FF21-4947-94EE-6E9732146984@microsoft.com... >I am curious, is there a way to back up my current data and then go into >RMS > Admin, so that I can delete it and start fresh? Would I be able to > recover > my database once it's been deleted? No... You could backup your current da...

Urgent
Had the reinstall RMS 1.3R and patches on a test machine since my backoffice computer crashed. Now I get Tool ID already exist - when i try to access SO Manager. No problems with SO Administrator - I can do queries no problem. This machine had the demo version pos2009 installed on it which I removed before installing RMS 1.3R Plus Patches... WinXP all patches Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_015F_01CA3868.BD086A40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dan, You have a bad report file. C...

Backing Up
This seems so ridiculous but how do I back up with out backing up my backup? I have an external hard drive - "F." When I run the back up utility and select - back up entire system, it factors in F into the back up and it backs up everything. I just want to back up the C drive. I would like to run the full back up so that it will create the back up disk. I guess an option would be to back it up to C:\ with the hard drive disconnected and then copy that file to the hard drive. Might that work? Any other ideas? Many thanks. So that I am not accused of cross-posting...

FrontPage 2003 out of memory when publishing
I've used FrontPage 2003 for years with an XP machine and never had the application tell me that it was out of memory while publishing to the remote site. Then FrontPage needs to shut down. I recently purchased a new Vista machine that is faster and has much more memory than the XP machine. Initially didn't have this problem. But suddenly it appeared and I don't know what to do. Is the lack of memory on the server end? "JonnyO" <JonnyO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC0E41FB-EB65-4581-8A52-F6EF0983B2BF@microsoft.com... > I&...

How do I save or back-up all of the information in my Outlook?
I was wondering if someone could please tell me how to back-up or save all of the information (tasks, appointments, contacts, calendar, notes, etc.) that I have entered into my Outlook 2003. I am worried about losing all of my information in case of a computer crash, etc. and want to have a back-up of all my data just to be on the safe side. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Sarah C. Benoit, you wrote on Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:41:17 -0700: > I was wondering if someone could please tell me how to back-up or save all of ...

Rows are hidden and wont come back
I have this spreadsheet and the row #'s go in order from #1 thru 9131 and then the next row # is 11,725 Question: Why is this happening? Question: HOW did this happen? Question: HOW do I make all of the rows between 9132 & 11725 display? Thanks! Hi The row heigth is set to 0! Select the range 9131:11725, and set the row heigth to >0 -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "BenJAMMIN" <BenJAMMIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:000F1D28-CDC9-4E45-B420-FD50025B0030@microsoft.com... > I have this spreadsheet...

USB harddisk connect and disconnect
Hello, i write a program, that copy data to a usb harddisk. a) after copy i will disconnect the drive. i only have the drive-volume name. i know that i must use CM_Request_Device_Eject but how come i from volumename to hadle for CM_Request_Device_Eject . b) before i begin copy i will search for disconnect drive, that will automatical reconnect. How can i do this ? Jimmy ...

Back to back printing with Publisher 2007 in General
It's beginning to become apparent to me that there are MANY problems with back-to-back booklet printing in Publisher 2007. I've tried printing this project on three printers now and run into similar problems no matter which one we use. 1) Even using a duplex printer it seems to be impossible to set things up to print on both sides. 2) Even after using the Wizard to set up single-page / flip over back- to-back printing it seems to be impossible to get it to work 3) There are various cropping problems with the edges of things being cut off that display perfectly on the screen and in pr...

Setting up pages to print back to back
If I have a 6 page Newsletter how do I lay it out to print back to back and know which pages will be printed with each. For instance if I want a particular page to print on the back of page 1, which page would that be out of six pages? Would it be the same for a booklet printing on 11 x 17 or single pages of 8.5 x 11? Thanks for the help, Noe Can your printer handle 11 x 17? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Noe" <Noe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66AB1252-5BB5-442B-A916-...