Backing up Money

Help!!  I'm new to the Money program and I can't get it to
back up my file.  I have a Zip750 drive to which I want to
back up my file.  I found out last week that I can't use a
Zip100 disk with this drive as it is not backward
compatible to Zip 100.   So I backed it up with a Zip250
as the drive is backward compatible to this size disk.
This backup was done 6/21/04.
Today (6/28/04) I went to back it up again and it won't
let me do it.  It keeps asking for 6 or 7 floppy disks to
back it up on even though my backup clearly asks for Zip
drive.  I just can't back the file up no matter how many
times I try to change the backup option to the Zip drive
rather than the floppy.
Can anybody give me some help?  Thank you very much.
Paul Zalesak
0
Taoz (1)
6/28/2004 4:10:10 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Taoz@aol.com wrote:

>Help!!  I'm new to the Money program and I can't get it to
>back up my file.  I have a Zip750 drive to which I want to
>back up my file.  I found out last week that I can't use a
>Zip100 disk with this drive as it is not backward
>compatible to Zip 100.   So I backed it up with a Zip250
>as the drive is backward compatible to this size disk.
>This backup was done 6/21/04.
>Today (6/28/04) I went to back it up again and it won't
>let me do it.  It keeps asking for 6 or 7 floppy disks to
>back it up on even though my backup clearly asks for Zip
>drive.  I just can't back the file up no matter how many
>times I try to change the backup option to the Zip drive
>rather than the floppy.
>Can anybody give me some help?  Thank you very much.
>Paul Zalesak

I suggest you consider a USB Flash drive. These are generally more
reliable than Zip disks.

A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to use the
Google Usenet Groups archive.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search enter words that you
think would be in relevant posts into the "all of the words" box.
Enter microsoft.public.money into the newsgroup box. Consider
selecting Sort By Date.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/28/2004 5:15:30 PM
THe USB flash drive is a good idea. The issue is
directing MONEY to send the backup to a drive other then
A:\.
MONEY will not let me change the backup directory from A:\

I've been simply copying the backup made on the hard
drive to the USB drive.

Michael

0
anonymous (74721)
6/29/2004 1:17:31 AM
In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>THe USB flash drive is a good idea. The issue is
>directing MONEY to send the backup to a drive other then
>A:\.

Money lets me choose the USB drive as the floppy backup drive.

>MONEY will not let me change the backup directory from A:\
>
>I've been simply copying the backup made on the hard
>drive to the USB drive.

That works too.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/29/2004 1:24:30 AM
As Cal has pointed out, I have been using a USB Flash drive as a Floppy
drive under XP Home for 3 versions of Money. Once I plug it in, it
allows me to change the A: drive selection to my USB selection (G: in
this case).  Not only that, but in subsequent weekly "Floppy drive"
backups if the USB drive is not installed I get a message asking me to
install it.

Art

Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>

>>THe USB flash drive is a good idea. The issue is
>>directing MONEY to send the backup to a drive other then
>>A:\.
>

> Money lets me choose the USB drive as the floppy backup drive.
>

>>MONEY will not let me change the backup directory from A:\
>>
>>I've been simply copying the backup made on the hard
>>drive to the USB drive.
>

> That works too.

0
art4580 (318)

Glad I Didn't Directly Buy Money
Got Money with my new Laptop and am happy to say that I didn't pay directly for software that terminates abnormally on even the simple actions. So far anything to do with online activity will cause Money to terminate and restart. Was trying to add a stock broker account with stock investments and it terminated. Going to watch for a sale on Quicken and go back to that as soon as possible. ...

Downloads checking account information into my Money 2006 Savings
I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file?-- Grasshopper In microsoft.public.money, New Money 2006 user wrote: >I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I >import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. >Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file? Is the problem you have the one described in http://support.microsoft....

Vista - Money 2005 Cannot open file
Installed Money Standard 2005 on new Vista Machine. Foillowed the following instructions; == Install Money 2005 by right-clicking Setup.exe from your CD and choosing RunAsAdministrator. Find the sample.mny file in your install folder. That may be "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005". Copy sample.mny file to your Documents folder in Vista. In Windows Explorer, right-click that file and choose RunAsAdministrator. It will do an update. Close Money. Reboot the computer. Then open Money and check that Help->About... says you then have version 14.0.*.1105. M...

How do I get the columns in Excel to go back to letter sequence
How do I get the columns in Excel to go back to letter sequence. It was displaying a letter sequence on the columns. What happened. Tools -> Options -> General Then clear the R1C1 checkbox -- Gary's Student "Lostinexcel" wrote: > How do I get the columns in Excel to go back to letter sequence. It was > displaying a letter sequence on the columns. What happened. ...

cannot start Money 2004 #2
I bought Money on March 2004 and have never been successfully opened it for once, whenever I try to open the application, it says "Microsoft has encounter a problem and has to shut down" AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ofdutil.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0000ce2d I have tried everything I can - change the language sitting, change my account as administrator, I cannot even open it. Hard to belive people sell this kind of software for money, I am getting really frustrated! In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &g...

money 04 and xp sp2
Since installing sp2 for xp home, I cannot get quotes in MONEY unless I disable the firewall that came with sp2. Any other workarounds such that I don't have to disable the firewall? In microsoft.public.money, armen wrote: >Since installing sp2 for xp home, I cannot get quotes in >MONEY unless I disable the firewall that came with sp2. >Any other workarounds such that I don't have to disable >the firewall? In the control panel, Windows Firewall has an Exceptions tab and an Add button. I am not familiar with making the changes, but it looks relevant. I didn'...

Can't sign in with Passport in Money 2003
When signing on to Money 2003, I get an error message: "The sign in attempt for ... was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again." I get it no matter how many times I try. I have Norton Internet Security loaded. I found that if I disable the firewall, it works just fine. I've searched everything in the Norton program to make sure everything in Money is allowed, but it still won't allow me to log on. Anyone have any ideas or similar problems? David I've had the same problem for 6 months.... after several hours with Microsoft tech..... no so...

Money 2005 crash with xp SP2
Hi all please help me I keep getting this send error to Microsoft the second my money file opens. The interesting is that a new file can be created and the money software won't crash, only with my money file I get this error, I was sure it’s the SP2 or Norton 2005 antivirus. i tried disabling while installing (didnt worked) error : appName : msmoney.exe AppVer:14.0.0.805 ModName: msofd.dll I am using money 2005. I tried your solution but nothing is working. Not with the 2004 nor 2005 money file. please tell me if you got something Eliran ...

Excel 2002...adding back gridlines to imported file
I've been switching from Quattro Pro 9 to Excel 2002, and I just saved Quattro Pro file(.qpw) as an .xls file. Then I moved it to my .xls folder and opened it with Excel 2002. Everything seems to be ok except that the gridlines are missing. I looked in the Excel Tools/Options/View and the gridlines choice is checked. I'm not sure what to do next to get the gridlines back into this spreadsheet. Any suggestions? jc Check to see if the Gridline Color has been changed to match the background. In the TOOLS-->OPTIONS-->VIEW Tab, just below the Gridlines checkbox, there shou...

Money wont even let me work offline, how to get my info?
When starting my MS Money, it tells be that "The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please try again." Since I save the information on my machine there ius no problem with the email or password. But, MS Money will not even let me work offline. It tells me: "Your sign-in information could not be verified. Go online, and then reenter your sign-in information." The online site is 11 days old and does not reflect the usage late last week. MS Money has not blocked me from even checking the check numbers on bills I have paid. How do I get my information out of my ...

Money messed up my portfolio
Hi all, I only wished it was true!!! Anyways... I update the stock prices and the price for one stock came into the millions. I tried updating the prices again but it does not solve the problem. Any ideas? Thanks, Ivan Do a manual update and see if next time you update on-line all is OK. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond t...

Query on "Yes" Brings Back both
Hi, I have created a table where the value is Yes/No - text with default as No. I have a query in which I am trying to bring back only the "Yes", but both yes and no are being shown. Any ideas? Thanks It keeps saying "Data Type mismatch" but how can that be when I created the query from scratch? SELECT [all 05].Examiner, [all 05].[Risk Number], [all 05].Company, [all 05].Address1, [all 05].Address2, [all 05].City, [all 05].State, [all 05].[Postal Code], [all 05].Assn, [all 05].[07 Group], [all 05].[Retainer for 2007], [all 05].[Claim Salutation], [all 05].[Cla...

Unable to restore Money file in MM 2006
Greetings once again all... Recently I have had to restore my computer and am now not able to use the money file I previously backed up, no matter what I try. It either asks me for a password or when I do manage to open the money file by clicking File>Open and browsing for the backed up money file, it constantly asks me for my password and when I enter it it tells me that it's wrong even though I am signed in with it in Windows Messenger. And when I do manage to get beyonde the sign in screen it does not display any of my accounts. Could anyone please help? Elaine...

Pocket Money and Money
I have a rather new Pocket PC 2003 with Pocket Money 2004, but the Money version on the pc (XP) is named version 11.0 + 11.0.120. No year attached to it. It is an OEM installation. The pocket installation seems not to find the money installation when installed. I have reinstalled a number of times even with the pocket PC folder inside the money folder in programs, no help... Any help out there? The OEM install on your XP is Money 2003. Assuming you meant Microsoft Money for Pocket PC 2004 is on your PPC, you could do one of the following: 1. Wait for Money 2005 release by end of summ...

installing money trial version
i am travelling abroad, i had to disinstall my copy of money 2003; to continue working with my data, i downloaded a trial version but when i try to open one of my file i receive a message "your file was created with an incompatible version" how do i workaround that? may it depend from the fact i downloaded the trial version from italy? workarounds issa not possible ................... you must use the same country versions. "stefano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:099e01c397d5$dbd407c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > i am travelling abr...

Sync with Money Central
I was syncing with money central, but all of a sudden the option is no longer in Money. Anyone else have this problem, or a fix? The option came back for a couple of days, and now it's gone again. Tried to reinstall Money but that didn't seem to help. "David Desrosiers" <david@desrosiers.org> wrote in message news:Om5ino%23SEHA.2908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I was syncing with money central, but all of a sudden the option is no > longer in Money. Anyone else have this problem, or a fix? > > ...

money 2000 #19
Hi, I'm looking for the money 2000 user guide. Where can I find it ? ...

Training MS Money 2006 to categorize transactions
I would like to train MS Money 2006 to "learn" how to categorize some downloaded transactions differently. For instance, Money always categorizes "Quick Chek" entries as groceries, when I would like them to be (and have to change it manually) "Dining Out". Same thing for cash withdrawals (no auto match) and gasoline purchases (Money will match it to Automobile, but not the "gasoline" subcategory). Is there a way to help Money learn my preferred matches? I have been using this instance of Money for over 8 months. <daniel.chawner@gmail.com> wrot...

Money 2007
Bank One was bought by chase and money wanted me to update online info. After I did this, I have a bank one and chase entry and all numbers income and expenses have been doubled. I have turned off online updates for bank one; however when I go to merge accounts, bank one is listed on the left column and there is a drop down box on the right with chase as an option. So, am I merging bank one into chase or chase into bank one? Does it matter?? I really need bank one into chase, but I cannot deactivate chase online status. Deleting this account is not an option as there are savings ac...

Money 2005 Buget
Hey All, Haveing a problem with a budget I have created that looks after House hold budgets, for one particular account. For some reason it shows special debt in the reports and budget summary. The debt comes from payments made up from a loan account and increase accordingly as the loan is paid off. - No special debt was selected when the budget was set up and dosn't show when expenses are selected. - The payments for the loan come out of a seperate account and that account is not selected under this particular budget. The special debt only goes away when the loan acount is...

Outlook's menubar is suddenly gone
My Outlook 2002 (XP) has suddenly lost its menu bar (i.e. no more File Edit View etc.menus). The former toolbar is now the top-most bar in the window. I can - however - call up the menus using Alt-F (for File), Alt-E (for Edit) etc. The menu then shows up near the lower border of the window. I am not aware that I changed or fiddled anything with the menu bar, it just disappeared a few days ago, when I started up Outlook. Any idea what happened and how do I can get the Menubar back??? Michael Try renaming your outcmd.dat file to outcmd.old while Outlook is closed. Outlook will rebu...

Are there any Money (Plus) compatible programs?
Since Money is dead I am considering to migrate, but the question is: to = what? I recall, that a few years ago (when I was very unsatisfied with Money = 2005) I gave it a try to export/import my Money data into Quicken. While it was possible to import individual accounts, one totally lost = interconnections between accounts, like transfers from one account to = another not being linked any more or stock transactions (like = buys/sells/dividends being charged/added from/to a specific bank = account) being lost, etc.=20 In other words: what would have been needed is not to export/import = in...

Lost password for Money file
Does anybody know how I can open my Money file if I lost the password for it? Thanks See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q28. "Chris L." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e6301c3e612$fddcc650$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody know how I can open my Money file if I lost > the password for it? ...

Money 2006 file repair application error

Money 2003 question
I have Money 2003 on my new PC. I have a PDA running Windows CE 3.0 with Pocket Money 1.0. How do I sync my PC money data to my Pocket PC ? ...