Backing Up Money Files

Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds,
rather than floppy discs?
0
wstarl (2)
9/29/2003 1:15:41 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

All of them allow it in the sense that they don't prevent or preclude it.
None of them allow it in the sense of enabling it by providing their own CD
burning engine. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q51 for the FAQs
treatment of this incredibly FAQ.

"Wade" <wstarl@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds,
> rather than floppy discs?

A good strategy would be to back up to second hard disk, or even a zip disk,
or compact flash, or USB drive, in addition to a CDR.

Some may think this is overkill, but I use a bat file to copy my money data
to a second hard drive, and then a compact flash card.  I then back up the
copy backed up on the second hard drive to a CD-R multi session.  At the end
of month, I create a new CD-R and destroy the one from two months ago.  The
CD-R comes to work with me every day, plus there is always a copy left
somewhere other than my home, no older than 1 month.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio
"Wade" <wstarl@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds,
> rather than floppy discs?

0
nospam6185 (535)
9/29/2003 2:42:43 AM
2004!  No drive number that matches my CDW drive and
can't make changes.  Also, the URL for my bank elicits an
error message when I try to logon through the Money site
even thought the URL is correct.
This is not a "problem." It's a fact. See hundreds of other posts on the
subject every month or read the FAQ.

"Bridget" <bridgetbeb@aol.com> wrote in message

> [...]

link to powerpoint file
Hi, I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page. Upon clicking on the link the "Run/Save" window comes up. Is it possible to just have the Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up? If so, how? Thanks, -- Phil ...

Can I insert a word document into a new excel file ?
I have a 117 page word document that I need to change to an excel document. Is there any way I can do this without re-doing the whole document ? If it's in tables, or if you can convert it to tables, you can easily copy and paste, though with 117 pages, you might want to do a quarter or half at a time. If it's a table, click inside it and hit Table-->Select-->Table, then copy. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Robyn78" <Robyn78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DFD5F61-5404-4FFB-BEDF-EC9756C55474@microsoft.com... > I h...

Converting from Money 2000 to Money 2006
I just bought a new laptop that had money 2006 installed. My desktop still has money 2000 which is what we've been using. I've copied the files over and they work fine - I just can't get a feature that was available in Money2000 to work in 2006. From the 'Pay Bills' screen in 2000, it will show you the balance today, and after you pay the selected bills. I can't seem to find anything like this in Money 2006. It is very helpful when we are paying our bills and want to pay a little more than normal. Any ideas? Have you looked at Forecast Cash Flow? See http://um...

Opening XLS files from within explorer
We have a problem on one users machine that when they doubleclick on an xls file in explorer or on their desktop the file fails to open. The error messages show that the opening is not reading the full file name - basicaly it is not handling spaces in the file name. If you go in and delete the spaces by remaming the file it all works fine. Anyone got any ideas?? Please Not sure... sounds like Windoze issue? Just a thought... try creating a shortcut to the file, making sure th shortcut name has no spaces, and see if that works -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How ab...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Money 2005 International Trial Version?
Does anybody know where I can download a trial version of Money 2005 International? It has been removed from the MS website now. ...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

how to overcome excel file limitaions (65,000) records only?
when download large data to an excel file, it can accomodate only (65,000) records only, so how i can change this limitaions to have more entriy? I'm afraid that you can't - at least not without using VB to split the file across multiple worksheets. I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but that's the way Excel is designed. Have you thought of using Access instead of Excel? There's no such limitation there. Alan P. "touresaa" <touresaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EE7381C-667A-462F-A562-7D214A26BC61@microsoft.com... > wh...

Can a .dll file be included in a ActiveX controller in a HTML page and be registered automatically after being downloaded?
Can a .dll file be included in a ActiveX controller in a HTML page and be registered automatically after being downloaded? I've made a RealTime Communication program. It use a rtcdll.dll. I made this program in the format of ActiveX controller and put it in a HTML page. But the ActiveX controller can't run on a machine without registered rtcdll.dll. How can I integrate the rtcdll.dll with the ActiveX controller so that it can be downloaded with the ActiveX controller and be registered in web browsers' computer automatically? Another way is to make a CAB? Where can I get tools ...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

Money 6
I recently purchased "MS Money 6 Deluxe" at Wal-Mart. I've noticed that most retailers, i.e. Amazon.com, Circuit City, Office Depot, Staples, etc. are selling this for $59 and there is a $20 manufacturer's rebate. Wal-Mart's price was $29 but not subject to rebate. I've checked the product number and they show as 860-00391. The Wal-Mart version shows as 860-00394. Why are there two different product numbers and are they different? I'm having a problem with my installation and I'm beginning to wonder if I bought a "gray market" item! In microsoft.p...

file lock problem
Hi Experts I have recently inherited a problem with file locking. the problem is inconsistent, but most of the time when I close a file and try to reopen it or when I exit excel and then try to reopen the file I get the "File Locked by Another User" error. But there are no other users. Its not a timing issue as sometimes the close and the open are days apart. I have searched in vain for the lock but apparently microsoft has moved it or renamed it. Can someone please help? Thanks When you are working on an Excel workbook(file) Excel will create a temporary copy of that fil...

Password to restore Money?????
I have to send my notebook in for repairs. Since I don't know how long it will be gone I am trying to get the programs I use daily to work on my desktop. I installed an older copy of MSMoney (2003) on my desktop. I use 2007 on my laptop and my backup file is from Money2007. I can't install 2007 on my desktop due to some kind of licensing thing and will have to probably get a new license code to reinstall it on my laptop when I get it back (ya HP will be restoring my notebook back to 'original' configuration during repair) Anyway, when I select the restore feature and I p...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

outlook and organizing files/emails
Hi, I have about 20,000 emails of which about 1% of them have attached word, excel, jpeg, pdf, powerpoint files. The emails are located in about 1000 folders. The hierachy of folders is maximum of 5 deep starting at the INBOX. So.... the problem is that Outlook is running too slow now and I have to figure out how I can organize these messages into some form of system. I have tried using CRM software but its much to cumbersome and slow to use CRM software, secondly the software packages don't allow me to create folders in the notes/history files or to catagorize my emails in the way i ...

Access to Money file from laptop & desktop not working anymore
I had Money 2005 Premium and it allowed me to synchronize/access my Money file from my laptop when I was travelling and through my desktop when I was at home. A message popped up in Money 05 that says my 2 years of online access was over and that I needed to upgrade to continue synchronizing/sharing file access. So I purchase Money Plus Premium and installed it on both computers. Now I am not able to "share" the info between laptop & desktop. I also noticed that Money Plus it is not synchonizing anymore after I close Money program like it use to with Money 05. The only re...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Money for Mac #3
Any news of Money for Mac? As much chance as a snowball in a very hot place! They can't even find the resource to produce Windows versions for anywhere outside the USA! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Dermot" <dermot@grove-white.com> wrote in message news:%23hvzM$tRJHA.4084@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any news of Money for Mac? > And even that's in question. If there were the business case, they'...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

how to know the offset of title in text file
Dear All: here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each paragraph has a Title. Question: How Can I know what each paragraph's offset and is in the text file and length is . It is appreciated for someone answer! You have to know what defines a paragraph. If it is a special character, you can parse the file looking for said character. "terrcy" <terrcy@cn-finet.com> wrote in message news:OAq5oz2KEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Dear All: > > here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each > paragraph has a...

Printing a Picture File on a Document
Is there a way to use a "print when" kind of statement to print a picture file on a document? I don't get what you want to do. Can you rephrase that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "OdieLR" <OdieLR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DCC24AD-E0B4-4DE2-84DF-D2A429A386C5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to use a "print when" kind of statement to print a picture > file on a document? ...

Microsoft Money 2002 #6
When backing up to floppy, it only downloades scheduled items on "on line banking." It does not pick up any checks written. What's wrong? In microsoft.public.money, Kit wrote: >When backing up to floppy, it only downloades scheduled >items on "on line banking." It does not pick up any >checks written. What's wrong? I don't know, but let's make sure that those who might understand the question. Are you saying that you backed up to floppies, and you then did a Restore from the floppies using File->Restore from Money 2002. The restored fi...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

Handling files in Outlook 2003/2007 profiles
I have saved my .pst files for multiple Outlook 2003 profiles under XP. I have set up associated profiles in Outlook 2007 under Vista. Of course, the 2007 profiles are now using "ghost' .pst file, such as Outlook1.pst, Outlook2.pst, etc. I have been told that if I ". . . want to change the data file that a profile is using, you must open that file in Outlook, set that file as the default, restart Outlook, then close the original PST file. . ." Unfortunately, I do not find the procedure in Outlook to set a file to "default" or to "close" a file. I would ap...

Outlook Data files???
When I click on File-> Open-> Outlook Data File..., there are no files shown. Shouldn't there be a/some pst files here? It depends on whether you have created .pst files in the default location or some other location. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jackson asked: | When I click on File-> Open-> Outlook Data File..., there are no fi...