back up problem

I can't figure out how to get Money 2002 to back up to the cd/rw drive.  We
just changed computers dell 5100 to a new dell 9100 and what used to work
without any problem is now apparently impossible. I even tried routing it to
the dvd/rw drive.   I am the administrator on the computer and it keeps
telling me to see the administrator that I don't have rights to save to that
place (both the cd/rw and dvd/rw).  HELP!  I am computer challenged and I
have hit the wall on what to do.

Thanks.

0
Julie (122)
9/2/2005 5:12:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

anyone else having problems with the 12.1.9 "autoupdate"? #2
Hi all... The 11.5.5 autoupdate worked fine. The 12.1.9 autoupdate downloads (apparently), but then it goes right back to showing that the 12.1.9 update is available -- the updater itself never actually launches. Busy servers, maybe -- and the download isn't ever actually completing? Or bad updater on the update server for 12.1.9? The manual download from Mactopia of 12.1.9 installed properly -- this is just the auto-update that's not working now. - Steve You're right, the auto-update fail. It should be pulled or a message sent instructing to update by downloading directly...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Speed problems win Excel
Hi Guys, I have been building up a rather large spreadsheet with 3 years worth of sales data of products, im looking at market trends and things, info below Total of 8 work sheets 2 with data 3 with calculations from the data mainly median pricing, quartile pricing, sumproduct funtcions etc 3 with charts I am running an AMD 3400+, 1gb RAM, XP Pro, Excel 2003 My Problem is the spreadsheet have become stupidly slow, the PC is sitting on 100% CPU load calculating cells for 10-15minutes. If I copy & paste cells Excel utilises 100% of the CPU on the processes tab...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

Exchange problem #7
I have a person that send mail from usersname@verizon.net that keeps getting stuck in Local delivery queue!!! There are 4 emails in it right now to 3 different people with my org!! Why is this happening!! everything on MS site doesnt seem to apply!! thanks so they never get delivered? does the sender ever receive an NDR on the message? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Kidem" <jason.martina@gmail.com> wrote in message news:#I7TQqANGHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a person that send mail from usersname@verizon.net that keeps getting > stuck in Local delivery qu...

Manifest problem ?
I have created a new MFC dialog application using VS2008. When I run it the dialog appears all modern looking and adds an icon to the system tray. I have created a new menu resource and then I display that in the system tray on a right click. The problem is that my menu looks like an old win98 style. How do I make it more like Vista popup context menu ? Are you using a derived class for CMenu or something like that (I remember there used to be some called "cool menus"). In that case it should look the same as it's always looked. My MFC application menus look like XP o...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

Problems Exchange 5.5
I greet , I have problem. Situation is following: If on one of servers on which the exchange stands the user be put the X , and on different server the list distributional ( from expansion the server: any), which owner is the user the X , This in outlook user X has not right to modification users' letters. It between servers be put "directory replication" Regards Pawel On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:11:20 +0100, "P***" <prap@op.pl> wrote: >I greet , I have problem. > >Situation is following: > >If on one of servers on which the exchange stands t...

cell format problem
Hi there, Is it possible to format cell for to make one character empty spac between each character. for example: if I write in to any cell H5F2 then must shown like H 5 F 2 thanks in advance neci -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not possible with a format. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there, > Is it possible to format cell for to make one character empty space > between each character. > for example: if I write in to any cell H5F2 then must shown like > H 5 F 2 > > thanks in advance > necip > >...

problems with HQ connections
Hi . I am starting to have some problems in one of my clients. They have a location that run 18 stores running HQ r 1.2. Suddenly for some odd reason everytime the stores connect, create an incredible amount of connections (sometimes reaching 200 connections process) giving a hige degradation of performance. Does somebody know something about this?..... Thks in advance for your help Rodrigo ...

Problem with keeping lines together
In my file (Word 2007), I can normally keep lines together by checking the Window/Orphan control, Keep with next and Keep Lines together. At some point in my file, it quits working. I have bulleted items that normally would stay together and have the above items checked in the Line and Page Breaks tab of Paragraph. But later in the file it quits working event if I uncheck them and recheck them. Not sure what is cause this. Tom If you're trying to use "Keep lines together" to keep bullet points together, it won't work. KLT is for the lines in a sing...

problem with bookmark links in email sent as message, pub 2007
when i send a publisher document as an email message, most of the 'bookmark' links do not function in several email programs. oddly, some of the bookmark style links will work, and all of the external hyperlinks work, but most of the links to locations on page do not work at all. I have the same page put up as a webpage, (which works perfectly), so folks can click to that if they have problems viewing the email, but i'd really like the original email to function properly. i am sending the email using outlook express, as my version of outlook is too old for use with pub. 200...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

MessageBox Problem
Using Visual Studio 2008, here's what I did: File | New | Project Selected MFC and MFC Application Name: Play In Application Wizard, selected Dialog based Deleted OK, Cancel, and TODO. Inserted Button Added event handler for button. Chose Bn_Clicked event Under void CPlayDlg:OnBnClickedButton() replaced TODO with MessageBox("Gordon:); Tried to build - response was Error 2664 Edited MessageBox(L"Gordon:); Build successful. Run Message box displayed "Button1" I expected the message box to display "Gordon" Obviously there's much I don't understand about...

SendKeys problem with wdDialogInsertCrossReference
I have some code that works fine in Word 2003 for displaying notorious Insert Cross Reference dialog. This is to display the dialog so as to insert a cross reference to a Figure caption. With Dialogs(wdDialogInsertCrossReference) SendKeys "%t{home}ff" SendKeys "{enter}" SendKeys "%r" SendKeys "{down}" SendKeys "{enter}" SendKeys "%w" 'move to list of references rtn = .Display End With This code does not work in Word 2...

email forward problem
I am using outlook xp now; when I forward my mail to friend, some of origin content had disappear, I need to copy again from origin mail, so do anybody know why? Thanks!!! JY ...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

Excel 2k3 Color problem :(
Hello everybody :D I've just one problem : I can't see the color of the text in any cells... :( When I change the color of the text, I can't see the change... But i editing mode (double click on a cell) I can see the right colou ?!?:confused: Where's the problem ??? Can anyone help me ? :D Thanks !!! PS : Sorry for my English... I'm your Froggy_Guest ; -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Froggy If this is a problem with all files with coloured cells, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB ar...

Printing problem #2
All of a sudden Publisher 2002 is printing the second side of my booklet upside down. It is a 20 page publication, 5 sheets 11x17, printed on two sides, auto duplexing, on an HP CLJ8550gn. "Flip pages up" is not selected. I am able to print in Word on two sides and the orientation is correct. I have un- and reinstalled Publisher and applied a patch pub1001.exe. I have also deleted printer and port and reinstalled all. This publication is done for a small nonprofit, all volunteer organization so there is little to no budget for support. Our deadline for publication is already passed ...

Memory leak Problem
Hello Everyone, greetings, I wrote an application using MFC CDatabase and Crecordset classes to access the MS Access Database.My application continuesly open and close connection. When I test it with Rational Purify, it shows Memory leaks in CDatabase::OpenEx and Crecordset:pen statement. I didnt use any dynamic allocation in my application and i close all connections properly. I want to know is MFC CRecordset and CDatabase classes leaks memory or this is the problem with my application itself. Plz suggest me to get out with this precarious situation. Thanks Regards Tapesh >-----Origin...

Backing up Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02AC_01CAFAC7.03F51630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am able to back up all my e-mails and settings except my Contacts, which has all my friends and family e-mail address. Can anyone tell me how to back up my contacts in Outlook 2003? I would appreciate it if you could CC my e-mail address as well as the newsgroups. Thank You. ______________ David C. Stevens 14 Broadview Avenue Berlin, New Jersey 08009-1618 E-Mail : dcms61@verizon.net and/o...

BCM Reinstall problem
I just uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003. When I install BCM, it looks like it works but nothing is available. The new help menu items are not even there anymore. Can anyone help me fix this problem? Everything else in Office seems to be working including Outlook. Just no BCM. Thanks, Scott ...

Printer Problems #2
I have a STAR TSP700 thermal printer i am using windows drivers rather than opos so i can get better control over receipt output... I have after hours of fiddling, finally got it to work - although very slowly! It prints the receipt, but very slowly it jutts out of the printer a few mm at a time then stops for a scond then another few mm print.. Its a serial interface printer, ive tried adjusting the port speeds etc, but it dosnt seem to help Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks! I've fiddled more and found that upping the bps from 9600 to 19200 has helped, i had to change jum...