Back up file function no longer works

Although we have previously had no problem with running a
backup of our Money 2002 file on file close, we now get an
error message saying that "The operation cannot be
performed."  The filename is the same it always was.  Any
ideas?
0
mgrossgb (2)
9/15/2003 10:12:20 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Post to GL vs Post Through GL Files
Ok.....a stupid question here. What exactly is the difference is having the boxes checked to Post to GL and Post Through GL Files? Is there any problem with having one vs the other or both of them checked? I would assume that not having the Post Through GL will require you to post each batch to the GL. I am surprised that you can have both boxes checked. In that instance, I am uncertain what would happen. Normally, you would have only one of the boxes checked. (You could also have none of the boxes checked if you don't want to post to the GL. For example, you might unmark these s...

Duplicate files
I am getting duplicate transactions in my bank accounts. I will create checks or download info from my bank. The next time I open money 2004 I will have duplicate transactions. This happens 3 or 4 times for every transaction. They will not delete either. I have to mark them as void to just find out what my balance really is. When I balance an account, it doesn't even recognize these transactions as being there, but it does show them. If anyone has the same problems I would love to hear how you fixed it or do I have some new virus? In microsoft.public.money, Frank G wrote: ...

Exchange 2003 Envelope Journaling not working
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I'm trying to get envelope journaling to work. I have enabled message journaling and then used "exejcfg.exe -e" to enable envelope journaling. The journal mailbox is receiving the standard message journal messages, but not the envelope journal formatted messages. I have verified with LDP to confirm the heuristic value is 512 for the Exchange Org object. Anyone else seen this before or have any advice? Thanks --- Greg Reboot maybe? greg@intellireach.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I...

CArchive for reading binary files
Hello all, My application needs to read from binary files. Is a CFile associated with a CArchive the best way to do this? Or do I just stick to using CFile independently? The files are supplied by an external application and could have a large size (say larger than a 100 megs). My application just has to read from them and process the data. TIA Adeel Adeel wrote: > Hello all, > > My application needs to read from binary files. Is a CFile associated > with a CArchive the best way to do this? Or do I just stick to using > CFile independently? > > The files ar...

Error on opening file from taskbar
I am using Excel 2007 with Windows 7 on a ThinkPad X61. When I right-click the Excel icon on the TaskBar, and then click on any spreadsheet shown in the list I get the message "There was a problem sending the command to the program." The same error happens if I click on the same file from a folder view although I can easily open it via the Excel menus. As I really like this feature of Windows 7, it's a real annoyance. -- Richard I Morris Jr I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but I suppose it's worth a try: In Excel 2007, click the Office Button ...

Where is the "File" menu?
Hello, I am using Excel for Office 2007 and I am trying to include some rows in a header so I see these rows at the top of every page. So I google for instructions, and got many hits. One of the hits instruct me to go to the file menu and then the page setup menu. Like this: File>Page setup But I don't even see the File menu. How can I get the File menu to be visble? -- Best regards Roberto You are looking at instructions for an older version of Excel than you have. Microsoft got rid of the menu bar in Excel 2007 and replaced it with the Ribbon... you w...

URLs in Outlook 2007 no longer active
Using Windows Vista Business Edition with MS Office 2007 / Outlook 2007. A few weeks ago, Outlook was working fine ... notification messages from PHPBB included a clickable URL. Clicking the URL (blue & underscored) would open a PHPBB webpage containing the PHPBB message itself. Then after removing expired Anti-Virus program and installing AVG Free Anti-Virus ... the notification messages from PHPBB are no longer active, but still present and it still works on other PCs with the same Software installed. If the URL string is copied & pasted into an IE7 address bar the correct ...

Function problems
I need to create a formula that can update when new entries and entered in the rows of a single page spreadsheet. Here is the problem. This is a standardized format for my office so all I can do is fix their equation. The prior year numbers are on the 2nd row of the spreadsheet, and they enter new entires in successive rows on the form so that they can track staff strength numbers on a weekly basis for the entire year. They want an equation that will recompute the weekly comparison to the prior year's ttl number. I can't just use SUM because we're not tracking growth. W...

Outlook 2007: View in Browser not working
I am running Office 2007 Professional on WinXP Home SP2. After double clicking on an email in my inbox, I click on "Other Actions" | "View In Browser". But nothing happens. I am running IE7.0. I've tried it with IE already started and without it already started with no difference. I am trying to do the "View in Browser" so I can use the browser's selective printing capabilities to not print an entire email and just print the parts I need. Is IE your default browser? Have you run Detect and Repair? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

LoadFrame works fine on NT but fails on W2000 and XP
Hi All. I have written program with MFC. It is SDI and doesn't use View/Doc. On NT everything is OK. On 2000 and XP, I have a problem with LoadFrame in InitInstance method (generated by wizard). I tried to figure out what is wrong, and I find that inside MFC source file wincore.cpp function ::CreateWindowEx() fails with code 0x00000578 (ERROR_INVALID_WINDOW_HANDLE) I have no idea what is wrong, I'm rather new in this field. I'll appreciate any suggestion. Thanks in advance. Tom ...

Maximum file size for excel documents?
Hi, Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much further I can go. Lots of data.... Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Parag wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 > workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much > further I can go. > > Lots of data.... Thanks "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm ...

PST Files #5
I have a freind who uses outlook 2000. He is currently at about 400megs on the pst file. He can open outlook, he can read, sort, view and download more email. But the second he double clicks on an email to open it to respond..etc. Outlook locks up, window error message say... dangerously low on system resources. He is running 98 with the latest patches, 25 gig of free space on the hdd, and 512megs of ram. Im of the opinion that its just to large of a pst for the computer/os to handle. Ive had him clean it up, used to be 712megs in size. He was okay till about 2 weeks ago. No idea what ...

anyone else seen problem using LEN() function in Runtime?
HI. I have an applicaiton that for one of the combo boxes has a query that uses the Len() function to shorten the description length for sorting the list. Eg: Right([Partdescription],(Len([PartDescription])-11)) This was working fine - however having loaded the AccessRT.msp Runtime pre-release patch from microsoft to fix the SaveAsPDF addin problem the len function doesnt work. I have even tried to generate a standalone app that has a Form with a button and the VB code has a Msgbox Len([Me]![ErrorBox]) Under the runtime with the pre-release patch the msgbox does not display. Under ...

new laptop and Works cd wont download
I have a new laptop and my Microsoft Works CD won't download. help!! Please post your query here: <news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.works.win> Also, please use correct terminology. Download implies you are getting it from certain website but I don't think you meant that! hth "Clb4law" <Clb4law@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10FD4619-FA5F-4290-8552-3F0480D54E75@microsoft.com... >I have a new laptop and my Microsoft Works CD won't download. help!! "Clb4law" <Clb4law@discussions.microsof...

Folder.CopyTo don't work under Outlook XP (2002)
I wrote some scripts in Outlook. If I use Folder.CopyTo under Outlook 2000 or 98 it works not so under Outlook 2002 if the source folder is not from the current users mailbox. I got "no permissions" error with the same settings! I found 2 similar questions in newsgroups, but no answer. I think this is a outtlok bug. Is the any MVP here to give me a hint ? Servus Rudi (freeware author www.rbware.net) ...

Excel file
I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any hope of me recovering the Excel sheet I replaced?? Carice I think that, in your heart of hearts, you know the answer to this question, don't you ? Yes / NO / Don't Know Have you backed it up recently ? That's your only chance Regards Trevor "Carice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1A17345-9395-4373-AC22-26C9B13DAF08@microsoft.com... > I accidentaly replaced a file with a wrong file and then the wrong one was deleted. Is there any ...

Importing accounts and transaction etc. from one money file to another
Is it possible to import accounts, transactions, categories etc. from one money file to another? My problem is that I have a money file which is protected with a file password (not .NET passport though) and I cannot seem to get rid of it. When trying to use the Password Manager to either assign og disable .NET Passport services for the given money file I always get the error message that the sign-in name is not associated with file. However, a sign-in name has never been associated with the file because it has only been protected by a single password (like i earlier version of money). Now ...

How to open 123 files with excel
A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to open these files and convert to excel. The WK4 files he gave me convert but not the 123 files. There is no filter that allows Excel to read .123 files. So you have to convert them to a format Excel can read using 1-2-3 or Conversions Plus from www.datawiz.com -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jeff B 813" <Jeff B 813@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6799DB18-8FC1-4D2D-999D-A10C7BFFD7A4@microsoft.com... |A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to | open thes...

Money File on Network
I have a wireless network and I have M2005 deluxe on my home computer and M2005 basic on my laptop. When I try to open the money file on my desktop computer from my laptop computer, it will not let me open the file. It says that it is read only and cannot be opened. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem?? Thank You Make sure with, say, notepad, that you can save a file in the same shared folder from the client. There are lots of possibilities here. Many of them have nothing to do with Money. One other possibility comes to mind: are both machines at the same Money versi...

alternative recipient cannot work
My existing email account can forward to alternative recipient. but my new email account cannot forward to the existing email account. And your question is...? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "KF" <kenny.fok@hk.eastecher.com> wrote in message news:05a901c3afe3$a88a9fc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My existing email account can forward to alternative > recipient. but my new email account cannot forward to the > existing email account. ...

Need help with excel functions retrieving data
I hope someone may be able to help me out... I have a spreadsheet that is an output of all computers on our network and what applications are installed on them The spreadsheet is organized by all computer names listed in column A, and all software listed in column B. So, in column A, you will see multiple entries for each computer and in column B, you will see a different software name in each of the rows next to the computer name in column A. On another sheet, I would like to be able to choose from a dropdown list of computer names (grabbed from column A) and have it display all the softw...

Checkboxes don't work in merged cells

Alternative to dynamic SQL in Table Valued Function?
Hi, I have the following SQL Server table valued function that I've written to use as a parameterised view. It takes a bunch of parameters and returns a table of results. Each of the parameters can contain a value or can be NULL. If the parameter is NULL then no rows will be filtered by that value. The function is called from an Excel spreadsheet (using VBA) against a SQL Server 2005 database. CREATE FUNCTION [dbo].[fnLoanData] ( @loan_start_date VARCHAR(8) = NULL , @loan_end_date VARCHAR(8) = NULL , @loan_currency VARCHAR(3) = NULL , @customer_number VARCHAR(8) = NULL ...

Outlook Mobile Access(OMA) not functional
Running SBS 2003. OWA and Outlook are functioning properly. However, OMA does not work. This came up when attempting to sync a PDA with the server. OMA prompts for a password, however once you login correctly it goes to "Page cannot be displayed". Mobile devices display that there is a problem with the server. I've tried disabling SSL and forms based authentication with no luck. I've had a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/817379, but this doesn't seem to apply to SBS servers. Note that in the past we've had to follow the procedure at...

Onchange event not working
I am trying to update a field (txtcount) on a form everytime another field (dateid) on my form changes. I am using the OnCHange event to do this but I can't seem to get access to read the event VBA code let alone actually perform the update on the desired field when dateid changes. I have included my code below. Any help is really appreciated. Private Sub dateid_Change() Dim stQueryName As String Dim getcount As Integer stQueryName = "workoutcount" sql = "[athleteid] = " & Me![Athleteid] & " and " & " [dateid] = " &a...