Back up file function no longer works

Although we have previously had no problem with running a
backup of our Money 2002 file on file close, we now get an
error message saying that "The operation cannot be
performed."  The filename is the same it always was.  Any
ideas?
0
mgrossgb (2)
9/15/2003 10:12:20 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Insert Large File with pure TSQL?
I have a table with an ID column and an XML column. I wuld like to put a 6mb XML file on-disk into the table, using SSMS (not ADO.NET or anything else outside of management studio). This is for some one-off testing stuff, so quick-n-dirty is all I need. Any suggesions? Thanks. SnapDive (SnapDive@community.nospam) writes: > I have a table with an ID column and an XML column. I wuld like to put > a 6mb XML file on-disk into the table, using SSMS (not ADO.NET or > anything else outside of management studio). This is for some one-off > testing stuff, so quick-n-dirty is...

Problem when opening Excel 2003 file
How come when I open a file in Excel nothing appears? Yet the same file will open correctly on other peoples computers. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bruce Weinstein wrote: > How come when I open a file...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Using REPLACE function in Excel
Is it possible to Replace multiple lines of text in an Excel Cell as a single action - including the line returns? Manually? And did you use alt-enter to force the new line within the cell? Edit|replace what: (yourstringhere) with: (yournewstringhere) replace all When you're typing in the strings, you can use ctrl-j to represent the newline in the cell. Don't look at the screen--'cause it may not look like you're typing anything after the ctrl-j, but you are. GarryG wrote: > > Is it possible to Replace multiple lines of text in an Excel Cell as a single > act...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

how to overcome excel file limitaions (65,000) records only?
when download large data to an excel file, it can accomodate only (65,000) records only, so how i can change this limitaions to have more entriy? I'm afraid that you can't - at least not without using VB to split the file across multiple worksheets. I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but that's the way Excel is designed. Have you thought of using Access instead of Excel? There's no such limitation there. Alan P. "touresaa" <touresaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EE7381C-667A-462F-A562-7D214A26BC61@microsoft.com... > wh...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

Can a .dll file be included in a ActiveX controller in a HTML page and be registered automatically after being downloaded?
Can a .dll file be included in a ActiveX controller in a HTML page and be registered automatically after being downloaded? I've made a RealTime Communication program. It use a rtcdll.dll. I made this program in the format of ActiveX controller and put it in a HTML page. But the ActiveX controller can't run on a machine without registered rtcdll.dll. How can I integrate the rtcdll.dll with the ActiveX controller so that it can be downloaded with the ActiveX controller and be registered in web browsers' computer automatically? Another way is to make a CAB? Where can I get tools ...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

how to know the offset of title in text file
Dear All: here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each paragraph has a Title. Question: How Can I know what each paragraph's offset and is in the text file and length is . It is appreciated for someone answer! You have to know what defines a paragraph. If it is a special character, you can parse the file looking for said character. "terrcy" <terrcy@cn-finet.com> wrote in message news:OAq5oz2KEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Dear All: > > here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each > paragraph has a...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

right click functions for excel
does anyone know how to update right-click features for excel? i used to be able to highlight a row/column/cell and delete the info by right clicking the mouse. i somehow lost that ability and its driving me nuts thanks in advance This MS article lists the ID numbers to the controls for the different command bars (you want shortcut menu). XL2000: List of ID Numbers for Built-In CommandBar Controls http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;213552 If you use the Visual Basic Help and search under "Adding and displaying shortcut menus", you'll get some samp...

Printing a Picture File on a Document
Is there a way to use a "print when" kind of statement to print a picture file on a document? I don't get what you want to do. Can you rephrase that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "OdieLR" <OdieLR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DCC24AD-E0B4-4DE2-84DF-D2A429A386C5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to use a "print when" kind of statement to print a picture > file on a document? ...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Access to Money file from laptop & desktop not working anymore
I had Money 2005 Premium and it allowed me to synchronize/access my Money file from my laptop when I was travelling and through my desktop when I was at home. A message popped up in Money 05 that says my 2 years of online access was over and that I needed to upgrade to continue synchronizing/sharing file access. So I purchase Money Plus Premium and installed it on both computers. Now I am not able to "share" the info between laptop & desktop. I also noticed that Money Plus it is not synchonizing anymore after I close Money program like it use to with Money 05. The only re...

outlook and organizing files/emails
Hi, I have about 20,000 emails of which about 1% of them have attached word, excel, jpeg, pdf, powerpoint files. The emails are located in about 1000 folders. The hierachy of folders is maximum of 5 deep starting at the INBOX. So.... the problem is that Outlook is running too slow now and I have to figure out how I can organize these messages into some form of system. I have tried using CRM software but its much to cumbersome and slow to use CRM software, secondly the software packages don't allow me to create folders in the notes/history files or to catagorize my emails in the way i ...

Viewing Publisher 2003 files in 2002
I need to be able to view a template created in Publisher 2003. I only have 2002. Is there a viewer or anything like that available I can download? Hi Terrie (terrieslists@prodigy.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I need to be able to view a template created in Publisher 2003. I || only have 2002. Is there a viewer or anything like that available I || can download? Publisher 2003 and 2002 are the same file format, so you can open them in either application. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting ...

how to cancell my own name on excel file ?
Hello: just to know if I can put a question for the program Microsoft Excel 2003 on your forum? because I want to know how to cancell to view my own name on a file on excel, what I manage or saved on my pc, because when I open this file, on the documents properties, on estadistics, show my own name.... and this its what I want to cancell, because I dont want this files show my name. I try reinstalling this program again with another name, but its the same, my name its still there, and I think excel take my name from my system windows... can you helpme on this please ? thanks :eek: -- rapi...

Deleting files...
Hi, I am planning to develop a tool. It needs to work on a folder of size 2 GB. First it needs to remove the read only attribute for all the files in the folder. Then a third party tool will do some more processing and then my tools needs to delete all the files. This tools needs to work on Win2K. Presently i am using attrib and del dos commands. it takes hell lot of time to dothis task. I would like to develop something at the NTFS level to do this. Any pointers, samples will be of alot of help. Regards, Cutti "Cutti" <satyag@yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem news...

BUG in xsltTransform.Load: XsltContext is needed for this query because of an unknown function.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C385D6.9B877FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When Trying to Load an XSLT File with the XslTransform i got a rather = annoying Exception being thrown "System.Xml.XPath.XPathException: = XsltContext is needed for this query because of an unknown function."=20 It was annoying because I had checked created the whole document and = tested it in Internet Explorer 6.0 and everything worked perfectly; no = errors or warnings.=20 After doing resea...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

Handling files in Outlook 2003/2007 profiles
I have saved my .pst files for multiple Outlook 2003 profiles under XP. I have set up associated profiles in Outlook 2007 under Vista. Of course, the 2007 profiles are now using "ghost' .pst file, such as Outlook1.pst, Outlook2.pst, etc. I have been told that if I ". . . want to change the data file that a profile is using, you must open that file in Outlook, set that file as the default, restart Outlook, then close the original PST file. . ." Unfortunately, I do not find the procedure in Outlook to set a file to "default" or to "close" a file. I would ap...

Outlook Data files???
When I click on File-> Open-> Outlook Data File..., there are no files shown. Shouldn't there be a/some pst files here? It depends on whether you have created .pst files in the default location or some other location. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jackson asked: | When I click on File-> Open-> Outlook Data File..., there are no fi...

Help files...
Hi guys, Has anyone seen a good tutorials on making help files in VS2003? HTML is perfered. AliR. "AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message news:44ef41a2$0$15172$a8266bb1@reader.corenews.com... > Hi guys, > > Has anyone seen a good tutorials on making help files in VS2003? HTML is > perfered. > Can you download a trial copy of RoboHelp or some other help tool? I use ForeHelp, but they went out of business several years ago. -- David Thanks David, I'll look into RoboHelp. Just to clarify I was looking for a tutorial on using the VStudio Help ...

Backing up Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02AC_01CAFAC7.03F51630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am able to back up all my e-mails and settings except my Contacts, which has all my friends and family e-mail address. Can anyone tell me how to back up my contacts in Outlook 2003? I would appreciate it if you could CC my e-mail address as well as the newsgroups. Thank You. ______________ David C. Stevens 14 Broadview Avenue Berlin, New Jersey 08009-1618 E-Mail : dcms61@verizon.net and/o...