Automatic Rounding problems

I am using Money 99 and, only on investments section,
when I try enter a price or quantity with a decimal part,
it simply round it to an integer number automatically
when I exit the edit box. Do you know how can I make it
work correctly.
My Contorl Panel / Currency is already configured to 2
decimal digits and it works perfectly in the other fields
where I have to put a value.

Thanks for your help.

Fabio
0
fabio1 (1)
1/9/2004 5:37:36 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Wasn't Money 99 around before they decimalized stocks?  May not be possible to
fix it...

--
Mike Guttman
e-mail: mguttman at yahoo dot com

0
nospam6555 (12)
1/9/2004 6:19:02 PM
When you enter an investment, I suggest that you should first enter the
share quantity purchased and then the total price paid, and let Money figure
out the price per share.  Let me give an example:

Spent $51.08 for 4.76 shares of XYZ Mutual Fund.

You already may know that you paid $10.73 per share, but when you enter (in
the Edit Transaction Window) quantity 4.76 shares first, then enter a price
of $10.73 Money will show a total cost of $51.07.

If instead you enter "Quantity" 4.76, then skip the Price field and move the
cursor to "Total" amd enter $51.08 then Money will calculate that the share
cost is $10.731092.  All those decimals may look cumbersome so you could
adjust the "Price" field to 10.731 and everything will still work.  DO NOT
remove that last 0.001 on the price field or else Money either makes the
total $51.07 again or else makes the "Commission" $0.01.

This is just a workaround that might help you.

Mark Fields
(non-MVP...lol)

"Fabio Pires" <fabio@daspetro.com.br> wrote in message
> I am using Money 99 and, only on investments section,
> when I try enter a price or quantity with a decimal part,
> it simply round it to an integer number automatically
> when I exit the edit box. Do you know how can I make it
> work correctly.
> My Contorl Panel / Currency is already configured to 2
> decimal digits and it works perfectly in the other fields
> where I have to put a value.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Fabio

Automatic CC

Automatic axis format

Auto Number Problem
I have a table with an autonumber and periodically I migrate lines in that table to another table which saves the autonumber in a number formatted field. I had to reinstate a row with its original autonumber and the table lost count. It started counting from the reinstated number. Has anyone had this problem? For Example. I migrated lines 4000 - 4200 to another table. These lines no longer existed in original table. When I reinstated line 4100, it allowed the 4100 in the autonumber field. That would be fine, but it continued to number the lines from 4100 instead of 22000, which was ...

Excel Type Rounding
Hello, Am using A2k. Want to round numbers to thousands. With Excel I use Round(number, -3) for this. However, dont know how to do it with Access standard Round() function. The same syntax produces an error with Access. Pls Help For example, I want 125,232 to be displayed as 125,000 and 125,832 to be displayed as 126,000 TIA Anand Anand - Try this: Round([AmountToRound]/1000,0)*1000 -- Daryl S "Anand" wrote: > Hello, > Am using A2k. Want to round numbers to thousands. With Excel I use > Round(number, -3) for this. However, dont know ho...

Windows update problem. Clueless
Here is my windowsupdate.log for today, I cannot connect to windowsupdate website period. Not sure what is going on. Can someone help me decode this nonsense? 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ############# 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 678 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: Regulation Refresh [Svc: {9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77}] *********** 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 678 DnldMgr Contacting regulation server for 20 updates. 2010-05-25 17:20:51:671 1484 b98 AU ######### 2010-05-25 17:20:51:687 1484 ...

problem with column charts and two Y axes in Excel 2003
I've used previous versions of Excel for column charts a fair bit, and it seems like something doesn't work in Excel 2003. I want to display two data series next to one another in a column chart, and each data series needs its own Y axis (they are on different scales). I can get the two series next to each other if they are both plotted against the same Y axis, but if I choose Format Data Series -> Axis -> Secondary Axis for the second data series, the two columns are on top of each other. I can't figure out how to change this, and I don't recall ever having this probl...

Rounding in sales receipts
Hi there, I'm trying to modify a sales receipt so it translate a discount in $ to a discount in %, but I get numbers like this (-3.33333333333%). I need it to looks like currency but without the $ sign like this (-3.33%). Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks, Julien ...

V.simple problem with column, msgbox
I'm sure this is straight forward, but can't seem to find my answer via numerous searches. Basically I need to modify my current code (which does work), just to open it out a bit more. Dates are calculated then added to column I. Code: -------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Date = [I3] Then MsgBox "The highlighted G.A needs to be sent for approval", vbInformation, "Please Note!" End If End Sub -------------------- But rather than (cell) I3, it needs to be the column I. NB. The highlighting is don...

Mail format problems Exchange 2003
I am running OL2002 on Win XP Pro on both a desktop and laptop in a large network. The network was recently converted from NT Server to Exchange Server 2003. At that time, all of my mail began being converted from plain text to html. This appears to be only on both machines accessing my account, not on other accounts in the network. If I send a message in plain text mode, it is received by others as plain text, but converted to html in my Sent folder. Plain text sent to me is converted to html upon receipt. Since this happens on both machines, I think it is something to do with the serve...

Printing Problem.
What causes the left margin to be "chopped off" when printing emails from Outlook Express? How can I fix it? "Teddi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001601c3dea7$51751c40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > What causes the left margin to be "chopped off" when > printing emails from Outlook Express? How can I fix it? Why do you need to print emails in the first place? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar nam...

Inserting Rows Problem
Hi there, I have a list of about 2000 rows. However, in between each of thes rows I want to insert a blank row that can be used for people to writ in once the list is printed off. Is there a quick way to do this? Kind regards Andre -- andyp16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andyp161's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1165 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26611 If you insert rows it will affect sorting, etc. and be a real pain. Many posts here want to delete blank rows ...

Messaging Interface Problem in Outlook 2003
The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. Was doing normal work online and to my knowledge, nothing happened across the board. Now, I cannot open a new eMail form or forward an existing eMail...also, I can "see" what's on the HOTMAIL server, but cannot send/receive (does nothing). I looked at the above problem and found a MS KB issue for this in Outlook 2002, but not 2003. Restarting OL or the CPU does nothing. Thoughts? Casey Hi Casey, Please try to start Outlook in Safe Mode. Safe Mode will disable all add...

Automatic Forward
How can I automatically forward messages received from a specific sender to another's e-mail person? Thanks, ...

Exchange IIS Problem
Hi folks I have a windows 2000 server which has been happily running exchange 2000 for over 2 years now. I came in today after a week off on holiday to find that POP3 was not responding the way it should so i went to restart the IIS Admin Service thinking that it would restart all the other exchange services However, when I attempted this I got an error 1053 saying that the IIS Admin service had failed to respond in a timely fashion I have also noticed that the MS Exchange information store service remains in 'Stopping' mode instead of restarting The server in question is also run...

CE6: How to Disable SIP popup automatically
Hi, I know SIP popup can be disabled by the following registry setting in CE5: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] "TurnOffAutoDeploy"=dword:1 But It doesn't work in CE6. How to disable SIP auto-Popup in CE6? Thanks. Eric The SIP Auto Deploy in CE is due to Windows Controls invoke SHSipPreference (exported by AYGSHELL.DLL). So the easiest way is to avoid including AGYSHELL (SYSGEN_AYGSHELL) But if excluding AYGSHELL is not an option, you may need to modify the SHSipPreference (PRIVATE\SHELL\SHELLPSL\HAVEAYGSHELL\shellpsl.cpp) to supress SIP s...

outlook 2003 problem sending email
when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using outlook 2000 (with a pop3 account) the email does not get through & i receive no 'failed delivery' messages to notify me of a problem. However, when i copy the same message to my work address i receive the email no problem. Also, I am able to receive emails from my friend - i just cant send them back! How can i troubleshoot this problem? What's the exact text of the NDR (bounce message)? Unlikely to be an outlook problem - leo wrote: > when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using > outlook...

Automatic Database Backup
Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so how, or where, can I get information on this? Hi There are a few way to do this. I have windows scheuler doing this on all my databases (at 1 min past midnight each day). Open Scheduled Tasks (it's in the control panel). It's very simple and not likely to go wrong -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Ayo" wrote: > Is it possible to right code to automatically backup a database? And if so > how, or where, can I get information on this? Thanks Wayne. So I take it that, there is no way t...