archiving Money accounts

Each year I archive my file.  This year, the archive is not successful.  It
keeps running and running and my task manager indicates that it's "not
responding".  I like archiving my accounts.  Any reason why the process keeps
crashing?  I don't know of any changes that I've made to my file properties.
Thanks.
--
Linda Williams
0

Have you tried any of the File | Repair methods prior to archiving?

In general, I prefer not to aid and abet people using the Archive feature.
It seems rather like helping people burn books. But if you insist...

"Linda" wrote:

> Each year I archive my file.  This year, the archive is not successful.  It
> keeps running and running and my task manager indicates that it's "not
> responding".  I like archiving my accounts.  Any reason why the process keeps
> crashing?  I don't know of any changes that I've made to my file properties.

Internet Connections / News Updates Money 2004
I know that my internet connection works. I can view webpages with IE and also Money 2004. When I click on the update now links the message says that it goes through but the updates are not showing up. Also, when I am trying to setup my passwords for my bank accounts it needs to connect to the internet but It says I have no internet connection set up. I am using Adelphia Cable as my ISP. I contacted them and they say it is not their end why Money cant connect. I was given a cd to automatically setup my internet I did not manually configure anything. If you know anything about th...

Want to save a Money 2004 file as Money 2003 file at end of trial
I have been using Money 2001/2003 for about a couple years, but I accepted the internet offer of a 90 day(?) trial of Money 2004. My trial period expires in a week and I don't want to buy the upgrade. My problem is that I can't save my .MNY file in a format that can be read by Money 2003. I need to find a way to save as a Money 2003 file so that I can go back to using Money '03. When you upgraded to use the trial, Money made a copy of your then Money file and called it *.m11. Double click on that and then the bad news, as warned when you did the upgrade, you need to re-en...

Mapping Leads to Account after Account has been converted
Hello, Okay, so I have a field in Leads in which now I am to create the same field in Acccounts and map the two over. So I have completed that and I have mapped the field from Leads to Accounts. It works great once I convert the lead to account, it maps everything properly. However, my problem is that if I look at Accounts that have already been converted from a Lead there is nothing in this new field?? The field is mapped properly but how do I get all of the history from this field that was in Leads into Accounts? I am using 1.2. There is an originating lead field under accounts that will...

Account does not show up in Budget
I am trying to set up a budget but Money will not allow me to select my Banking account for spend tracking purposes. The account settings page has the box checked for using the account for budgeting purposes but it still won't show up in the Budget accounts. Any suggestions? -- Thanks Flats What version? If 2005/6, Essential Budget or Advanced Budget? What are you trying to do when "Money will not allow" you to select the account? What does it say/do? "Flats" <Flats@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:696694B8-310D-4DB8-8CAD-917CECB9815B@mi...

Money/IE bug? in portfolio manager
When I go to Portfolio Manager, the pane showing all the data is tiny. It doesn't resize when I resize the main window. Minimizing/obscuring and redisplaying the window doesn't make it refresh properly. I am also having odd problems with Internet Explorer (the text of my yahoo email doesn't show up). I don't know if the two might be related. I'm using: Microsoft Money 2006 Windows XP SP2 IE 7 Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ingrid In microsoft.public.money, nibiery@hotmail.com wrote: >When I go to Portfolio Manager, the pane showing all the data is ...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

help reinstalling money plus
I keep getting the message purchase money or remind me later. I purchased money plus deluxe back in November and saved the installation file and key code. I had to reinstall the software and it did not give me a place to enter the key code. I tried to run the extend.exe but this tells me I have a trial version and it only works it the full version. What can I do? Do I need to uninstall it or what? Sounds like you reinstalled from the Trial download not from the paid for download. Those are different installables. You will need to use the real paid for download. "LDisSweet&qu...

Set as Default email account resets to Exchange
Why does and XP workstation reset to the Exchange account when you logout and login? This is on a 2003 sb server. This should really be posted in the SBS newsgroup. It sounds like it could be an SBS logon script, or a Group Policy that is modifying this. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BD5927-2226-429E-ADFE-06E03EED84AC@microsoft.com... > Why does and XP workstation reset to the Exchange account when you logout > and > login? This is on a 2003 sb server. ...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Money 2002 removal
OS is XP Home. Suspect there is a conflict between Money and Excel. Money is not being used and will not uninstall using Control Panel. A search of the Knowledge Base brought me to K2808303. This page appears to be corrupted. It lists topics on removing a folder and making a registry change, but these are not shown entirely or at all. If someone could post the instructions it will be gratefully received. Thanks Charlie ...

notification of inactive accounts when posting from subleger
Hi, my client selects an item which has the inventory account inactive - ie the account was made inactive but still resides on the item card. If you then sleect the item in sales trn entry, the system doesn't inform you of the inactive account. You can also post the trn from Receivables, but it then puts it into batch recovery. She would like the warning to already come up when entering the invoice/return and not at GL Entry stage. You shouldn't be able to post to an inactive account even from the sub ledgers. Regards, Oliver ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

Export account to Excel
I want to export my account transactions to Excel. From the help file, it looks like you can only export reports to Excel, but what I am really interested is to have line by line transactions in a spreadsheet. So, is there a way to create a report that will look exactly the way the account transaction page look like (I dont know how to do that), or is there any way we can export a file directly from the transaction page. Thank you, Vanessa See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q9 for the other way. It can't do everything, but what MoneyLink can do, it does quite well. "Vaness...

Money 2006 for Smartphone?
Please, Microsoft, release this! I got rid of my PocketPC for a smartphone, and it'd be nice to keep track... :) Si I've got to agree with you Simon.... my smartphone is one of the best purchases I've made in a while...I had been waiting for a long time for a small phone that would replace my palm pilot...But I REALLY want MSmoney for it. I was using UltraSoft Money on the Palm and it would be nice to have the same functionality for the phone. Unfortunately the Pocket PC version of Money will not load "wrong version" error. "Simon Cooke" wrote: &...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

asset allocation in Microsoft money Plus
Dear all, I prefer to do Asset allocation as stocks,Bonds,liquid cash, realty and commodities. What do you think is the best way to include realty investments and commodities in Money Plus so that they get reflected in the asset allocation chart. Presently , if I classify my investements in realty as "others" under asset category , they do not get reflected in asset allocation charts. Help and views are appreciated. Thanks. N.Meyyappan ...

how to link mortgage account to checking account?
I just created a mortgage account in Money 2007 and setup all term parameters. I can't find a place that let me select the checking account from which the fund withdrew to make the monthly payment to the mortgage. How can I do that? In your Checking Account, when you make a payment for your mortgage, select the special category of "Loan Payment". The subcategory box will then list all of your loans, one of which will be your mortgage. - Merg -- Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet. <howardxian@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

Two questions on the latest Money Home and Small Business
Sorry, forgot the exact name of this product, but I am sure you understand. The easy one: Any way to change the color scheme? I am not fond of the blue on blue on blue. The harder one. Decided to track all my accounts, so added my 401K. Updates fine except that new contributions are shown as debiting the balance. If I add that to the balance, it agrees with the holder of the account. But now it deducts any new contributions from my paycheck in a separate cash account listed under the 401K account. What might I be doing incorrectly there? Thanks. ~Bob In microsoft.public.money, B...

CRM 3.0: Cannot delete account, opportunity
Hi, I have been working with MS CRM 3.0 in the last few months and have created number of test accounts and test opportunities , now I'd like to remove all those test opportuniites/accounts from my system but not succesful. Don't know why. When I tried to delete them, some of my opportunities (and Accounts) could not be deleted, it said "The record cannot be deleted because it is read-only". I'd trying to delete all its quotes, orders, relationships but still could not do so. My role is System Administrator and I assumed this role gives me full control of the sy...

Cannot close my hotmail account
My old account frankxxue@hotmail.com is hacked and used by some people to send inappropriate message to my contacts, even though I had deleted all of them. So I hope to resolve the issue by applying a new live account and then close the old. However, I only managed to get the first task done, I got a new live account, but I do need to close the frankxxue@hotmail.com asap. Your help is much appreciated. Regards, Frank What happened when you tried to close the old account? "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:334259B4-5C39-4220-93F8-...

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

Unable to log into Money 2006
Please help! I am not able to log into Ms Money 2006 with my usual sign in credentials. Every time that I attempt to it tells me that the user id or password is incorrect even though I have reentered and double checked it. If makes any difference to mention it, I have just done a destructive restore of my computer. I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition on a Compaq Presario Desktop computer. Could anyone help? Thank you and best wishes for a happy new year... Elaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff In microsoft.public.money, msnews wrote: > >I am not able to log into Ms Money ...

Archive an Archive?
LOL, i'm sure this will sound like a dumb idea but ... I want to set up a sorta two tier archive system ... Archive once to keep the PST folders small say keep everything within the last 3 months in the first archive have it accessable say for the last years worth of email, but archive anything older then a year to a new archive folder that can be burned off to a dvd or cd for filing.. Any thoughts or recommendations? Use Auto-archiving feature in Outlook to do this. You could set it up so it archives mail older than 12 months to a file named archive.pst and burn that pst file ...