Archiving data

I already have an archived file from a few years ago. It
it possible to create another archive that will just add
to that original file? Or do I just have to create
another one?

Brian
0
anonymous (74721)
12/12/2003 9:42:45 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote:

>I already have an archived file from a few years ago. It
>it possible to create another archive that will just add
>to that original file?

No.

> Or do I just have to create
>another one?

No. You don't really have to do that either. You *could* do neither.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/12/2003 10:53:17 PM
>Subject: Archiving data
>From: "Brian" anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com
>Date: 12/12/03 4:42 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>I already have an archived file from a few years ago. It
>it possible to create another archive that will just add
>to that original file? Or do I just have to create
>another one?
>
>Brian

Brian, Don't archive Money data. It just messes everything up. It will not
improve your speed. Just continue using back-up. Good luck. Steve
0
sjcohen730 (458)

multiple data label formats
Is it possible from a single data range to create a chart (pie) wit data labels of both "show percent" and "show value" next to each other The wizard only lets you pick one and I've got a large number of thes to do so i'd rather not put it in manually. Any help is appreciated Thanks, To -- ob3ron0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ob3ron02's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1545 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27275 Hi, You will need to use a he...

Excel2000: Custom data validation and named ranges
As I didn't get any answer to my previous question on similar subject, I'll make a new attempt with somewhat simpler examples. Let's me have a custom data validation defined for some range of cells. P.e. I select the range A1:A10 and set custom validation formula as =AND(A1>=0,A1<=100). Now only entries between 0 and 100 (or empty cell) are allowed. When tested, data validation works. Now I define (the range A1:A10 is selected) a named range MyRange =$A$1:$A$10 , and modify the data validation formula (for cell A1) to =AND(MyRange>=0,MyRange<=100) Now any entry is all...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Macro to Refresh External data
Good afternoon, I try to record a macro to refresh external data but the macro recorder does not give me anything once I refresh the query and stop the recording. Does anyone knows why? Or better if you know the VBA to make this happen -even when the data sheet is hidden- let me know. Thanks in advance and greetings from south Fla. Apprentice, This is the code the recorder generated when I tried a refresh on a text file import. Range("A1").Select Selection.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False You'd probably change it to something like: Range("A1&quo...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

What does Excel do when you go over the limit for total data point
The maximum number of total data points in a plot is 256,000. However, I have setup plots with > 1.5 million data points. Excel does not complain about this, but I'm guessing it is still only showing 256,000 points. The thing is, I can't figure out which 256,000 it is showing. I don't think it's just the first 256,000 because the data is sorted and it would look abruptly cutoff after the 256,000th point. I'm using a scatterplot if that helps. The plot looks correct, with gradually decreasing density towards the outer edges of the plot. But if it's only ...

Open Entry Form to existing data
Hi, I have an entry form - I would like to be able to put in the ID and Date and have the form showing the data for that. Currently it's on open to Edit form - and shows the first record - I would like to be able to type in the IDNO in the IDNo Text Box and enter the date and it will show the corresponding data, thus it should also load to a blank form. Thanks Leave the form in edit mode, so that it loads all records. Set the form's On Load property to: [Event Procedure] Then click the button button (...) beside the property. Access opens the code window. Set up the code like ...

Compare data #3
Hi I wonder if we can have dual display in a cell. Exemple, i have a list of number and i would like to compare them with the previous in the list and display the difference in percentage in (parentesis) beside the value. ...

Stupid question about SPS & Excel data modification
Hi, I have a stupid question here: while using SPS2003, I can modify the data of the list webpart in excel sheet (either by the OWC or Excel), after click the sync button, it could write the data back to the SPS2003 (to save the data to the SQL Server through SPS2003). How could this happened ? Can anyone tell me some concept of this ? Or show me the topic / technical information for me to learn ? ...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

Excel refreshing of data. Not happening. Hoiw Bizzaar
Hi There. So each time I change a cell the auto sum does not add up the change just keeps the original summed figure there....until you click on Save. The Sumed total then displays correctly. Any ideas on how i get excel to perform normally again. The file is about 1Mb Tools>options>calculations set it to automatic -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C6A7649-CEDE-4A60-B597-F264E8612C12@microsoft.com... > Hi There. > So each time I change a cell the auto sum does not add up the change just > k...

Transfer data
I don't get an error but it also does not update my table!! This code should create a new record in table: tblQualityProvider then copy ICNNo into the new record. (The GetNewID comes from a public function - I pasted it below this code). Private Sub cmdProv_Click() Dim gappname As String Dim lCriteria As String Dim lICCNNO As String Dim lRacfid As String lICCNNO = Me!ICNNo If MsgBox("Any Message") = vbYes Then DoCmd.SetWarnings False Dim lID As Long lID = GetNewID("tblQualityProvider") lCriteria ...

Writing a HEX file binary data
Hi I am trying to write to hex file , this is my first time writing to file in windows vista, So first i will let the user to create it by the "CFileDialog" and then save it, and Then i want to write to the file some data, here is the code i used: //to save the file CFileDialog dialog(FALSE,_T("hex"), FilePath, 0, _T("Hex File (*.hex)"), this); if (dialog.DoModal() == IDOK) { .... } //open the file for write ,lets say the user choose zack.hex. nFile = fopen ("C:\Users\user\Documents\IM\coding_PROJECTS\zack.hex","w"); //write to the file 5 c...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

how to input consecutive alphabet data?
how to input consecutive alphabet data? for example a, b, c etc, k_a, k_b, k_c, etc. news, Put 97 in B1, then copy it down with the fill hjndle holding the Ctrl key. That will give you 98, 99, etc. Put this formula in cell A1: ="k_" & CHAR(B1) COpy it down with the fill handle -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "news.microsoft.com" <whoknows@microsft.com> wrote in message news:OsUAzGDoIHA.3892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > how to input consecutive alphabet ...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

Pivot table
Hi I have a pivot table with some exhaustive data. When I put in the one of the fields "Costs" in the data area , excel automatically does a count of the costs or if I go in options it gives me choices of Sum, % of and etc. But I just want the basic value of the costs to show up.. no calculations> it seems I cannot find how to do that. Please help asap. Thanks Yusuf. The idea behind a pivot table is to provide a summary of single items of data grouped into counts or sums etc. You can get around this by placing your column COSTS in either the ROW or COLUMN sections. This...

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

Charting Progress Data
Hello, I am working with Excel 2007. I am looking to chart some data and I can not figure out how it is possible. I want to create a chart that shows how students have performed on a test (# of students at a certain level) and show the progress towards meeting a target. It would display the data for 9 categories of students. I am thinking that a scatter plot for the target number for each category and a bar graph of the # students at or above that level for each category. I am having a hard time creating that on one chart. I can do the scatter plot, and I can do the bar graph bu...

generating normally distributed data
Hi, Is there any function that can generate normally distributed data (wit mean and variance as input)? Tks, Maca -- mac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- maca's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2489 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38831 This Google search gives lots of answers http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&num=10&q=excel+microsoft+%28gaussian+OR+normal+probability%29+group%3A*excel*&safe=off&qt_s=Search best wishes -- Bernard...

Archive an Archive?
LOL, i'm sure this will sound like a dumb idea but ... I want to set up a sorta two tier archive system ... Archive once to keep the PST folders small say keep everything within the last 3 months in the first archive have it accessable say for the last years worth of email, but archive anything older then a year to a new archive folder that can be burned off to a dvd or cd for filing.. Any thoughts or recommendations? Use Auto-archiving feature in Outlook to do this. You could set it up so it archives mail older than 12 months to a file named archive.pst and burn that pst file ...

Data Feed from Stock market
Folks; Does anyone know if commercial software like Microsoft Money can be used to take a stock market data feed & easily create customized reports? Thanks, Jo. Excel might be a better choice. -- Michael Gordon <JoJo> wrote in message news:OfJcJpFhHHA.4600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Folks; > > > > Does anyone know if commercial software like Microsoft Money can be used > to take a stock market data feed & easily create customized reports? > > > Thanks, > Jo. > > > > ...

Data Entry on a form
My client wants to have data entered that shows several fields to update just like it is a report. ie Splist Fld1 Fld2 Fld3 Fld4 etc A 5 6 7 8 B 5 9 5 4 C 6 7 3 1 etc. etc. How do I make the screen to populate multiple rows showing data to update? Try using a CrossTab query. There is a wizard to help. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Bunky" <Bunky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Archive
Has there been a resolution to this as I have a member of staff with the exact same problem and I have to give him and endless cap :/ EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Backing up data
When you use the backup utility in Great Plains and back upo the system and the company, does this make a backup of the SQL databases as well or do you have to do that seperately? Thanks! Using the backup utility from within Great Plains backs up only the SQL databases. Your modified forms and reports (for instance) are not backed up. None of the non-sql files are backed up -- Jim "Robert" wrote: > When you use the backup utility in Great Plains and back upo the system and > the company, does this make a backup of the SQL databases as well or do you > have to d...