Archived Money

I archived, again,(I did this at the end of last year
with just one year on it). I understood that this would
speed up my transactions in Money. I have to wait a lot
longer for Money to work than I did when I first
installed the program. How can I speed this up again. I
loved the quickness of it to begin with. Archiving is
still not speeding this up. Why?
0
evelynj (3)
10/3/2003 6:06:49 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

How often do you defrag your hard disk? How much RAM do you have? How fast
is your processor? A lot of things can effect the apparent speed of your
machine.

"Evelyn" <evelynj@swbell.net> wrote in message
> I archived, again,(I did this at the end of last year
> with just one year on it). I understood that this would
> speed up my transactions in Money. I have to wait a lot
> longer for Money to work than I did when I first
> installed the program. How can I speed this up again. I
> loved the quickness of it to begin with. Archiving is
> still not speeding this up. Why?

Where did you get the understanding that archiving was a palliative for
performance issues? Certainly many people here would disabuse you of that
notion.

"Evelyn" <evelynj@swbell.net> wrote in message
> I archived, again,(I did this at the end of last year
> with just one year on it). I understood that this would
> speed up my transactions in Money. I have to wait a lot
> longer for Money to work than I did when I first
> installed the program. How can I speed this up again. I
> loved the quickness of it to begin with. Archiving is
> still not speeding this up. Why?

Dick,
I have been having a problem with MSN Money changing my FI's when synching.
I have opened a case with MS and was told to archive. I emailed them back
asking how this can "fix" my problem. 2 days and still no answer. I guess
they really don't know its purpose.

Cindy
message news:uakJHHeiDHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
Where did you get the understanding that archiving was a palliative for
performance issues? Certainly many people here would disabuse you of that
notion.

"Evelyn" <evelynj@swbell.net> wrote in message
> I archived, again,(I did this at the end of last year
> with just one year on it). I understood that this would
> speed up my transactions in Money. I have to wait a lot
> longer for Money to work than I did when I first
> installed the program. How can I speed this up again. I
> loved the quickness of it to begin with. Archiving is
> still not speeding this up. Why?

0
cjconover (33)
10/3/2003 8:08:12 PM
Scary stuff.

"Cindy Conover" <cjconover@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have been having a problem with MSN Money changing my FI's when
synching.
> I have opened a case with MS and was told to archive. I emailed them back
> asking how this can "fix" my problem. 2 days and still no answer. I guess
> they really don't know its purpose.

Internet Connections / News Updates Money 2004
I know that my internet connection works. I can view webpages with IE and also Money 2004. When I click on the update now links the message says that it goes through but the updates are not showing up. Also, when I am trying to setup my passwords for my bank accounts it needs to connect to the internet but It says I have no internet connection set up. I am using Adelphia Cable as my ISP. I contacted them and they say it is not their end why Money cant connect. I was given a cd to automatically setup my internet I did not manually configure anything. If you know anything about th...

Want to save a Money 2004 file as Money 2003 file at end of trial
I have been using Money 2001/2003 for about a couple years, but I accepted the internet offer of a 90 day(?) trial of Money 2004. My trial period expires in a week and I don't want to buy the upgrade. My problem is that I can't save my .MNY file in a format that can be read by Money 2003. I need to find a way to save as a Money 2003 file so that I can go back to using Money '03. When you upgraded to use the trial, Money made a copy of your then Money file and called it *.m11. Double click on that and then the bad news, as warned when you did the upgrade, you need to re-en...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Money/IE bug? in portfolio manager
When I go to Portfolio Manager, the pane showing all the data is tiny. It doesn't resize when I resize the main window. Minimizing/obscuring and redisplaying the window doesn't make it refresh properly. I am also having odd problems with Internet Explorer (the text of my yahoo email doesn't show up). I don't know if the two might be related. I'm using: Microsoft Money 2006 Windows XP SP2 IE 7 Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ingrid In microsoft.public.money, nibiery@hotmail.com wrote: >When I go to Portfolio Manager, the pane showing all the data is ...

help reinstalling money plus
I keep getting the message purchase money or remind me later. I purchased money plus deluxe back in November and saved the installation file and key code. I had to reinstall the software and it did not give me a place to enter the key code. I tried to run the extend.exe but this tells me I have a trial version and it only works it the full version. What can I do? Do I need to uninstall it or what? Sounds like you reinstalled from the Trial download not from the paid for download. Those are different installables. You will need to use the real paid for download. "LDisSweet&qu...

Money 2002 removal
OS is XP Home. Suspect there is a conflict between Money and Excel. Money is not being used and will not uninstall using Control Panel. A search of the Knowledge Base brought me to K2808303. This page appears to be corrupted. It lists topics on removing a folder and making a registry change, but these are not shown entirely or at all. If someone could post the instructions it will be gratefully received. Thanks Charlie ...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Archiving pages
Hi All, The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it?s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 4 gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me. Thanks in Advance sukumar.k Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Consuming WebServices...

Money 2006 for Smartphone?
Please, Microsoft, release this! I got rid of my PocketPC for a smartphone, and it'd be nice to keep track... :) Si I've got to agree with you Simon.... my smartphone is one of the best purchases I've made in a while...I had been waiting for a long time for a small phone that would replace my palm pilot...But I REALLY want MSmoney for it. I was using UltraSoft Money on the Palm and it would be nice to have the same functionality for the phone. Unfortunately the Pocket PC version of Money will not load "wrong version" error. "Simon Cooke" wrote: &...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

asset allocation in Microsoft money Plus
Dear all, I prefer to do Asset allocation as stocks,Bonds,liquid cash, realty and commodities. What do you think is the best way to include realty investments and commodities in Money Plus so that they get reflected in the asset allocation chart. Presently , if I classify my investements in realty as "others" under asset category , they do not get reflected in asset allocation charts. Help and views are appreciated. Thanks. N.Meyyappan ...

Two questions on the latest Money Home and Small Business
Sorry, forgot the exact name of this product, but I am sure you understand. The easy one: Any way to change the color scheme? I am not fond of the blue on blue on blue. The harder one. Decided to track all my accounts, so added my 401K. Updates fine except that new contributions are shown as debiting the balance. If I add that to the balance, it agrees with the holder of the account. But now it deducts any new contributions from my paycheck in a separate cash account listed under the 401K account. What might I be doing incorrectly there? Thanks. ~Bob In microsoft.public.money, B...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

duplicate messages when opening archives / archive inbox emptied?
Outlook appears to be re-downloading all messages (700+) from my hotmail pop3 account. (again...) This only (?) appears to happen on the same days when I try and find an archived email in my inbox. The two times that it has happened today (it has never happened twice on one day before), I was working on a Word document. So I was not deleting emails at the time. (I have seen an errata re to message IDs getting out of sync, but this looks like a different problem.) I do not think that it is my Norton anti-virus. I have disabled the email portion of the software after the fir...

Unable to log into Money 2006
Please help! I am not able to log into Ms Money 2006 with my usual sign in credentials. Every time that I attempt to it tells me that the user id or password is incorrect even though I have reentered and double checked it. If makes any difference to mention it, I have just done a destructive restore of my computer. I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition on a Compaq Presario Desktop computer. Could anyone help? Thank you and best wishes for a happy new year... Elaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff In microsoft.public.money, msnews wrote: > >I am not able to log into Ms Money ...

Money 2002 problems
Last week, I was editing an entry, and the program crashed. Since that time, I can not open the program. I have tried everyway I can think of, but nothing happens. My operating system is Windows 98. I could reload the progam, but if I do, will I lose my current data. If that is the case, I do have a relatively current backup. Thanks for you help. Dennis H What error do you see? Reinstalling shouldn't affect your data, but I would take a backup copy of your MNY file for safety anyway. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

Archive an Archive?
LOL, i'm sure this will sound like a dumb idea but ... I want to set up a sorta two tier archive system ... Archive once to keep the PST folders small say keep everything within the last 3 months in the first archive have it accessable say for the last years worth of email, but archive anything older then a year to a new archive folder that can be burned off to a dvd or cd for filing.. Any thoughts or recommendations? Use Auto-archiving feature in Outlook to do this. You could set it up so it archives mail older than 12 months to a file named archive.pst and burn that pst file ...

money 2003 #45
payees have disappeared in the pay to line for checks & depits I have Money 2004 and have the same problem of no payees in pull down. In tools settings I do have it checked to display drop downs. They should show the most common used in last 12 months but do not. They do bring up one if you start to type it in. Wonder if new year of 2008 is not recognized in software but it had up till now? Leap Year? Looks like a common problem that needs an answer. "kahuna" wrote: > payees have disappeared in the pay to line for checks & depits "kahuna" wrote: > p...

archived messages #2
i recently archived a large number of messages from the last year or so, but when i open the .pst file in outlook 2000 it says that there are no files contained. i know there is data there because the .pst file reads a size of 162MB on my drive. where is this info and why can i not access it? also, everytime i view the properties[advanced properties] for this file there is a check box selected that reads "file is ready for archiving" which none of my other archive files have checked. but once i uncheck that box and try to open the file it resets that option to the way it...

Archive
Has there been a resolution to this as I have a member of staff with the exact same problem and I have to give him and endless cap :/ EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

Money 2007 Business Section
A couple things I found in the Money 2007 business section that cause definite problems. 1. When invoicing, there's no way to include the date that the time took place on the invoice. So there is no way to show your client what date the service you're billing them for took place. There is no report in the system that displays the time data with the date, so it can't be exported or reported on either. This seems like an obvious flaw, but evidently it's OK since it was the same in 2006. That makes it correct, so it won't be fixed (per MS). 2. When invoicing tim...

Archive not archiving
Help please. I am trying to archive email folders. Archive runs, creates an archive folder (and .pst file) but does nothing else. i.e no data is moved to the Archive folders. This is not a case of selected date - a lot of this info is 2 years old. No matter what date I select nothing is moved. Same if i try to archive calendar or other folders. I see others have had this problem - is there a solution or is this an outlook problem. Any help appreciated. Thanks D If you are working with an Exchange Server you may want to look at MKBA 297226 and 143376. >-----Original Mes...

Money 2002 upgrade to 2006
How does Money 2006 differ from 2002? I currently have the 2002 version. Should I upgrade? M06 has Yodlee (http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=171) and lots of ads and crap that came with M05 (http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm) but generally does not seem quite as disgusting as M05 (http://umpmfaq.info/Money2006.htm). I'm still seeing M06 crash a lot. I think I'm about to pull the plug on it and stick with M04 for another year. <falsedawn2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:enp9n1956hjf7os2jht31jk72qlc4haoor@4ax.com... > How does Money 2006 differ from 2002? I currently have the...

Money 2003 wants to install again
I upgraded from Money 2000 to Money 2003 online. I wanted to get rid of all the works files so I used the Works 2000 cleanup tool. Now, whenever ANY window opens, it's preceded by Money 2003 wanting to install. And the knowledge base give a link to the money store and it asks for the product activation key. To add insult to injury, I called on 8/2/04@ 5:00 PM ET and recording said they were closed, even tho' the hours are until 10:00 PM> Sheesh!!! What next? Any one have any suggestions to stop the install? ...

Open up Archives then delete Archive folder.
I'm trying to open up those "archive.psd" and can't open them. The only think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders and then I can't do anything with the Archive folder. Can you tell me how to open up a file called "archive.psd"? So far I've tried File>Open>Outlook Data File, then I select the archive.psd file and all that happens is I keep adding Archive folders that I can't do anything with. How can I delete "Archive Folders"? Thanks. IS. PST, do you mean? PSD isn't a valid extension for an Outlook file. IS ...