Anymore info on money's future?

Hello,

I'm trying to decide if I should install Money or purchase Quicken.
Heard Q2009 was not worth the upgrade.

Thanks

Frank
0
farocco (73)
9/15/2008 10:53:04 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

More than what? Are you aware of the announcement of no Money release this
fall and so forth?

"Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to decide if I should install Money or purchase Quicken.
> Heard Q2009 was not worth the upgrade.

money discontinued
I've been checking in the stores for newset version of Plus and none has copies of Money anymore. Has Money been disontinued? If so, why was there no posting to customers when they use Money. On Plus Deluxe there were daily popups when one signed on from Microsoft. If can no loner buy I'd like to know soon so can move to another software like Quicken Also has MS stopped partnership with H&R Block where can buy Money & Taxcut and get a discount for the bundle via rebate. Again, this would be good to know so can move to Quicken & the associated tax software Seems...

Need info on using a web cam
Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for getting information on the use of a web cam - but, if it is, please point me in the right direction. I can't find a newsgroup for webcams. Thanks. What do you need to know? Just install the drivers, plug it in, start an application that uses a webcam. No rocket science needed. "The Learner" <moron@newsgroups.net> wrote in message news:s385o556fg0jqeh0iv2nulj1olkttsqg1k@4ax.com... > Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for getting information on the use of > a web cam - but, if it is, please point me in the right dir...

Money 2006
Is there a way for me to automatically assign a category for a payee? For instance, I would like to tell Money that anytime it imports a transaction that has the string "BP Oil" in it, automotically assign it to "Automobile: Gasoline". If there's no way to do this, I just can't understand why by now. People have been screaming about this ever since banks started allowing you to download statements in "money" format. ...

Sharing Money Files
There is a great deal of information in the help about sharing money files with a spouse or a partner, but it appears that "sharing" may be an overstatement. I want to be able to have both parties enter data and synchronize back and forth using Passport Network credentials. Is that possible? A post from Jan 2006 says "Nope." Has this issue been addressed in later versions? I am using Money 2005. If there truly is no way to share transaction level access to my Money file, the verbiage about sharing is misleading, and borders on fraudulent. In reality Money is a singl...

how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other sites?
how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other sites? Hello! > how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed > along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other > sites? What do you mean by "redirecting traffic"? Linking to a certain page? The page, the user came from can be read from the Referer-Header. For example: User clicks on a link on the page http://example.org/a.html wich leads to http://example.org/b.aspx - s...

RWW for 1 client not working anymore
Hello, I have SBS2003r2 with some clients (XPPro)and everything has been working fine for quite some time. Now I have 1 client that cannot use Remote Desktop or RWW we get an error as if the client was turn off. Everything is working properly with the client except that. We cannot access the Remote Desktop either in the LAN or through the internet, but every other clients work. I have look everywhere and I do not know what is wrong. On the Lan, if I use mstsc, I cannot access the Remote Desktop for that client using the computer name on the domain, but using the IP address ...

Outlook Macro to get Exchange Info from Mail
Hi, I'm working on a macro in Outlook 2003 SP3 that, when started, displays an Email in a custom dialog, broken down into elements. The dialog is used for Email processing. Upgrading Outlook is not possible, and adding addons is also not possible (other then what is currently installed). What I'm looking to achieve is, when an Email is from Exchange (company email), to display the information found when you right click on the senders name and choose 'Outlook Properties'. Things displayed here, are, for example, the address, country & telephone number. The sen...

Trying to move money file
I have just bought a new pc and have downloaded another trial version of Money. Trouble is, it wont let me open my existing money file after I have copied it across. Anyone any ideas? Help would be appreciated. Regards In microsoft.public.money, legin wrote: >I have just bought a new pc and have downloaded another trial version of >Money. Trouble is, it wont let me open my existing money file after I have >copied it across. > >Anyone any ideas? Help would be appreciated. Error message? Incompatible version? ...

Can't connect anymore
My old xp, with all current updates, has stopped connecting to my internet. My house has Ethernet in every room, so I don't need wireless. It did connect until a couple weeks ago. I took it to Microcenter yesterday and it connected to their Ethernet internet flawlessly. So something in my environment has changed without my knowledge. My laptop will use that Ethernet just fine when I carry it in there. What can I do to correct this new unknown problem. Remember, it connected at Microcenter with no problem, so something in my house changed, and I made no changes. My othe...

Business card info won't align properly
I'm using Avery template 8371, 2 rows of 5. After messing with the margins, I was able to get the info correctly aligned in the left hand row. How do I independently align the exact same info in the right hand row? It's too far over. Are you using the built-in template in Publisher (2007)? When things don't line up it usually is a printer problem. Yours may not be feeding the stock correctly. The only solution I can suggest is to setup the page manually; nudge until it is to your liking. Use plain paper, create a line around the spaces. Arrange, Layout guides...

ComboBox on Worksheet can't be moved anymore???
Hi - Im working on a project that is basically a tax and cash flow calculator. Anyway there is an input sheet with a number of combo boxes doing various things. Made heaps of progress with it.....all working nicely.......save and close and then open again........ hey presto combo boxes have moved and can't be moved back! I tried design mode of course. When I click on the boxes in design mode a black circle with a line through it appears instead of the 6 white dots around it.... HELP!!!! Thanks in advance. gixasixa also I cant delete the box and all the control buttons are unavaila...

Money 2005 Standard payee dropdown list
My list of payees (approx. 30-40) is visible in the payee list but none are there when clicking the dropdown box in the transaction form. Adding a new payee in the dropdown box adds it to the general payee list though. Typing the first letter of a payee will allow the "hidden" payee to appear in the payee field but I wish to see the entire payee list in the dropdown box. Searched settings and setup info without finding solution. The payee list normally shows those payees used in the last year... could any of the ones you don'#t see be ones older that that? It would be...

Autoarchive not working anymore
Had tried to archive the calendar which is older than 6 months but nothing was archived. Had did the neccessary settings already. Please advise. Thanks. Hui lian Check the Last Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another folder can change the Last Modified date. More information and a list of actions that change the Last Modified date can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?s...

Is your site a money-maker or a money-eater ?
If you'd like to know about the most unbelievable mistakes most of us do on our money-quest through the Internet visit : www.arsinoi.com and send us an e-mail with your permission to send you our monthly issued free newsletter on the do's and dont's of a money-making website. --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20050629004239X5b6MpB6 ...

online guide to money
when i access the online guide to money i am not able to access any of the topics or go forward or back. nothing i click on moves me to another window or page. any ideas out there? am i missing something? is there something i need to dowload before i am able to utilize this service? btw, i am using money 2001. In microsoft.public.money, mlbitt (removethis) @excite.com wrote: >when i access the online guide to money i am not able to >access any of the topics or go forward or back. nothing i >click on moves me to another window or page. any ideas >out there? am i mi...

Cannot see site anymore
We have a MOSS2007 installation and all has been fine. We had a subsite lets call it http://oursite/training which worked fine. At some time today somebody created a new site collection and gave it the url of /training/portal/ Also at some stage today whenever tried to go to http://oursite/training they got 404 errors. Could it be that this new site collection (url) has messed up the host headers (or something)? ...

export money to quickbooks?
hi, pardon me if this question is not right for this newsgroup. i just started using Money with my new computer, and see that it downloads my bank and credit card OFX files effortlessly, and even tries to balance the account. But...i have to get those transactions into quickbooks, cuz that's what my accounting firm uses. the export option only produces a QIF file, which my quickbooks pro 2002 does not import. so, what are my options? any pointers? thanks! fred What formats does Quickbooks import? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://s...

Money 2006 is not worth the Money
First let me say that I am not a financial wizard. I do have some investments and pay my bills on-line. I am a user of Money 2002. I finally decided to upgrade to Money 2006. I can find very little to cheer about in terms of functionality and human factors. I can not find any significant functional enhancements. The Human Factors are less than "industry standard." Simple things such as "Hide unused accounts" is buried in a menu titled "Sort Accounts by." I was also hoping that there was a way in 2006 to hide unused categories, but could not find th...

UK Money 2005 Portfolio Valuation View is blank
I tried to customise the Porfolio Valuation view, which seems to have corrupted itself. It no longer displays any lines and just correctly displays the total in the blue area of the screen. On clicking Change Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows that the Display column box is empty. Clicking on the reset to default button re-populates the box and saving does not rectify the problem. As no stocks are display going through the Change Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows that the Display column box is again empty. How do I rectify...

How to migrate from the US Money 2002 version
How can I migrate from the US Money 2002 version to an International, English Money version? I am an user of the US version since 1998. I bought the product in the US. I am living in Europe and each time I want to upgrade to a new version I have this problem: the version I can easily buy are incompatible with my current Money file... Is there a migration solution? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Luis Sousa wrote: >How can I migrate from the US Money 2002 version to an >International, English Money version? > >I am an user of the US version since 1998. I bought the >...

Help with organising info
I run a small business and have weekly spreadsheet that has all the information I input manually from the printout from the cash register. name of the weekly file is weekending date ie greenbook 09262009.xls ( Although I have 2007 I use 2003 extention so CPA can read. I have Office 2007 enterprise BTW) Week before the file was greenbook 09192009.xls Below is copy of the main column, sorry about formatting. What I would like is to track sales, food costs, labor costs, sales tax, etc etc and may be even plot a graph. Only way I know is to create another spreadsheet and do physical link...

Money 2002 wont launch anymore
I have been usin Money 2002 for a year or so to do all my Banking. Today I double clicked the icon to launch the program I goa an hour glas for a sec or two but Money never came up. After repeated trys I attempted to reinstall it but it didn't help. Does antone have a clue? I can't pay my bill's!!! Thank you in advance.... Read the posts before posting. Sometimes you will find that your topic is the most discussed topic of the past week. Like this time. "Crazyhorse" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01c701c3fa73$04a91a00$a101280a@phx...

Populating info from another worksheet
I want to have a source sheet with various product numbers, names, descriptions, and price per units and be able to pull up this info into another spreadsheet (or worksheet) when I type in just the product number, having it populate all the additional information. For example: I want to have a product listing sheet, and then an additional quote sheet. I want to be able to just type in the first field "product id" and have the rest of the info populated (name, description, price per unit) so I don't have to do it manually. Any suggestions? Hi Kelly Check out Debra ...

Money 2007 #11
I am a new user of money 2007, and I m trying to figure out how can i import indexes to my portfolio who are not so popular e.g. athens stock exchange FTSE 20? Is it possible? Sorry not possible. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "nicoGreco" <nicoGreco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF4A1088-2A4D-4619-83CF-A83DCBDC89D8@microsoft.com... >I am a new user of money 2007, and I m trying...

Citibank and Money 2005? Yes or No?
Can anyone in on the beta or with factual info provide the info on what features will be automated between Citibank and Money 2005? For 2004 only CitiCards supported Direct Download (2-way) while Citibank only supported the 1-way system. Has 2005 changed this with thei "much improved" online banking? Have you called Citibank???!?! They control what services they offer, not Microsoft. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18cf01c499fb$679d2750$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone in on the beta or with factual info provide > the...