Anymore info on money's future?

Hello,

I'm trying to decide if I should install Money or purchase Quicken.
Heard Q2009 was not worth the upgrade.

Thanks

Frank
0
farocco (73)
9/15/2008 10:53:04 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

More than what? Are you aware of the announcement of no Money release this
fall and so forth?

"Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to decide if I should install Money or purchase Quicken.
> Heard Q2009 was not worth the upgrade.

Money 2005 just CUT support for 1/2 of the banks they supported!
Confirmed from tech support... nearly 70% of supported brokerages, nearly 50% of banks and credit card companies listed as being supported on the Microsoft Money 2005 website have now been removed (AS OF TODAY) from the list and never were supported, IT WAS FALSE. The brokerages I was going to use too! Money back time... "This is Allen again from Microsoft Support Services. I have just checked the online list again and noticed that both Adventist HealthCare Retirement Plan - 401k and Great-West 401k have been removed from the support list. After confirming with our Product Group, I wou...

Failed to upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2005
I try to upgrade Money 2004 to Money 2005. It says something like "You don't have perimission to read the file or the drive is readonly" However I am sure the password is correct, file is not readonly and I got lots of space in my C: Any idea? Many Thanks Josh I had the same problem, have searched this group, found many had similar issue, but no solution yet. So I had to downgrade back to 2004 "Joshua Chan" <joshua_chan NOSPAM hotmail NOSPAM com> wrote in message news:<e7$LxPzuEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > I try to upgrade Money 2004 to Mon...

help: "Hexadecimal Signature" and "Offset" values of a Money file?
Hello I would like recovery two Microsoft Money files: "Money Backup.mny" "Money Backup2.mny" made with Money98. The Hard Drive (where are the files) has a problem (), thus I have to do a "RawRecovery" via "Easy Recovery Pro" software from Ontrack. PROBLEM: Microsoft Money files are not included in this software! To add these files in the "RawRecovery", I have to enter four informations: - SIGNATURE: "the signature in hexadecimal format with a maximum of 8 bytes". - OFFSET: "the signature offset should be zero relative and less ...

Linking Shapes To DB Info
Using Visio Pro 2003 and Access 2007. New to this aspect of Visio, and need to know if this is even possible and, if so, how to do it I've got a timeling drawing, with a line style timeline on it. I have an X milestone on the timeline. What I want to do is feed the start and end dates for the milestone from an Access database. I've been able to do the associations, but what I want is for the milestone to take the proper position on the timeline when I change the date in the database record. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance. -- John Cello John Cello Consulti...

Attach receipts to a transaction in Money 07?
I know this is probably a stretch but has anyone found a way to attach scanned receipts to transactions in Money07? If you can't attach them in Money has anyone found an easy yet organized way to do this? I'm tired of my paper receipts piling up. Thanks in advance! In microsoft.public.money, allensxs3 wrote: >I know this is probably a stretch but has anyone found a way to attach >scanned receipts to transactions in Money07? If you can't attach them in >Money has anyone found an easy yet organized way to do this? I'm tired of my >paper receipts piling up...

Public folder Calendar info in GAL??
I have calendars setup in public folders. I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can just invite them as resources when creating meetings. How do I go about this? I cannot seem to find an easy way. Thanks in advance, -Bigfoot moe.ron Mail enable the public folder. Glen <bigfootmoeron@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1105023119.340227.113660@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I have calendars setup in public folders. > I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can > just invite them as resources when creating meetings. &...

Money 2006 #10
Hi. I just purchased and downloaded Money 2006. Two problems have occurred. 1) Money 2006 won't allow me to work offline, tells me that the Microsoft Passport .... cannot be blank. 2) When I open an account it tells me Thank you for purchasing Money... Money program files will be downloaded... I think this occurred 'cause I rebooted before running Money after the installation? Any help will be appreciated. James In microsoft.public.money, JamesJ wrote: >Hi. I just purchased and downloaded Money 2006. Two problems >have occurred. 1) Money 2006 won't allow me to work offl...

Import from Excel into Money
My 401k administrator has a web site where I can get a list of transactions, but they don't have a way to export directly to money. Is there a way I can import an excel file of these transactions into money. Help files and the MS web site have NOTHING on the subject. Any help would be appreciated. Jay Well, this group addresses it at least weekly and sometimes daily. You could read more headers or search the group archives at http://groups.google.com. Finally, you could read the FAQ at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney. In particular, please read http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q8. &qu...

Money 2007 Installation Error
My PC runs Windows XP and Money 2007 gives me an error during installation: "Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money. Try installing Money again". Of course, running install again gets the same error. What should I do? Otis, check this thread: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?query=Setup+was+unable+to+install+some+of+the+components+&dg=microsoft.public.money&cat=en_us_3cae8298-078c-4734-b707-9e08dca21769&lang=en&cr=us&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us It wor...

Opinions , info ... #3
Hello, I would like to ask the following question. Now, we have several company's with there own e-mail suffix for example test@company1.be , test@company2.pl , test@company3.fr , and there own local provider and IT infrastruture. What we would like is that all these company's get an e-mail address like @company.com. What is the easiest way to do this ? Can we use a pop3 server ? The company with .pl use there own exchange now but aren't connected to the main facility. Thx for the info You could setup a single SMTP server somewhere to collect all mail for company.com an...

Microsoft Money 2007 #3
How can we skip the opening page "Sign in to open your Money file" and go directly to the Account list. =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gUiBTZXZlbm9ha3MgVUs=?= <BrianRSevenoaksUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 11 Nov 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > How can we skip the opening page "Sign in to open your Money file" > and go directly to the Account list. As far as I know, there's no way built into Money. Are you sure you want to do this? What about when your nosey brother-in-law comes to visit -- wouldn't a password be useful then? You can automate a...

Money 2003 #38
I'm trying to input data into Money and it's telling me my subscription ran out. What's this all about? ...

Money 2002 #10
I archived the previous years entries and my problem is I cannot open the file Microsoft Money file extension mny. It says to use a program to open the file. I used Microsoft to search for a program to open the file. It refers me to Microsoft Money Page. However I cannot find a program to download that will open my archive file. Does anyone know what program to download so I can access the archive file. TKS The .MNY extension is the exact same one as on your regular data file. Are you trying to open a .MNY file from some kind of read-only medium like a CD-R? That won't work....

Quickbooks to Money 2004 Business
I would like to stop using quickbooks 2003 and start using money small business 2004 - is that possible? and what would be the easiest way to convert QB to Money thanks Jonathan In microsoft.public.money, Jonathan wrote: >I would like to stop using quickbooks 2003 and start >using money small business 2004 - is that possible? and >what would be the easiest way to convert QB to Money A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to use the Google Usenet Groups archive. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search enter words that you think would be in relevant p...

Hiding Accounts in Money 2003
Is there any way to hide an account in Money 2003? I'm trying to control my spending a little by allowing my direct deposit hourly wages to go into one checking account, while I deposit tips into a different account. I'd like to hide my hourly wage account from the list of bank accounts on the Account List page. Out of sight, out of mind. I usually look at the bottom line. If I see $1500 there, I think to myself, "Oh wow. I think I'll go to the movies". Of course, $1450 of that might be in my wage account, leaving only $50 in my tip account. Thanks for any help, D...

Landlord and Money
Hi All: I use money 04 basic. Are there any addins or ways to use this as a personal money managing account and help with an apartment I rent in my home? I guess I just need things like rental receipts and some misc forms. Thanks, Ed There are no add-ins to money, but there are ways to use Money to accomplish what you need in terms of income/expense tracking. Look into the use of classifications. Browse Google groups for this newsgroup name and that term to get some initial ideas, then post requests for clarification. Include details when you do. Money will not produce any custom f...

Pocket Money #2
I have been using Pocket Money since Money 2003 and all three versions seem to have the same issue. I've gone through three different PPC in this time frame, and have re-installed my PC many times. though I've upgraded the MNY file for each version. When I install pocket money by default it only syncs the last 4 weeks of data, it appears that it doesn't sync correctly or something in the way it syncs doesn't allow the balance on my PPC to be correct. The latest case was on the PC I had a balance of around 2k, but the PPC said I had a negative 1800 balance. Once I changed activ...

Money making opportunity
Found an easy way to make lots of money thru the internet. I made $180 in just 4days from purchasing the program. It comes with a 100% 90day moneyback guarantee. Absolutely risk free to join. http://hop.clickbank.net/?reneng/mmitums --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20050420235059T4s5XoH1 ...

Exporting Excel to Money
I use Money 2000 Business & Personal and Excel 2002 I first used MoneyLink to import a Money account to Excel to make some changes in the contents of one of the columns. Now I would like return the changed spreadsheet back into Money. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

converting old money files to money 2004
I just got a new computer with money 2004 on it. I've used money 99 for years and want to upload or convert all of my files. Is this possible? Yes. But there are certain things you need to be aware of. The old version and new version must be versions for the same locale. (I.e., no M99 UK -> M04 US.) M05 should be out Real Soon Now. M04 will probably be MUCH SLOWER than M99 and the file size will grow marginally. For whatever reason(s), some old files have problems upgrading. Some of these can be solved, some not. There is a trial version of M04 available at http://www.microsoft.co...

Money 2001 to 2004/2005
How do I move files from Money 2001 to 2004. I tried the backup procedure on 2001 but it 2004 doesn't seem to recognize the format. Any suggestions? Assuming you are on the same PC all you need is the .mny file. Find it with My Computer or Windows Explorer and double click on the file name. If it is a different PC the copy the .mny file across to My Documents and use WE or My Computer as above. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft....

Can't reinstall Money 2002
After installing sp2 Money2002 wasn't found.I get error1606 and can't reinstall.Suggestions? I just reinstalled M2002 from M2005. Here is the procedure emailed to me last night by Microsoft. It worked great for me. First, let's copy the .M10 file to a safe folder such as "My Document". Though removing Money 2005 will not affect the data file s, we still need to ensure the file is stored safely since it is the only file that Money 2002 can read. To doing so, please follow the steps below: Step 1: Save the .M10 file =================== 1. Please locate the .M10 file. I...

Money for Pocket PC 2003 Not Installing
I've downloaded money for pocket PC 2003 for my handheld but it fails to install. I have verified that I have the correct operating system on my pocket pc. Every time I try to install it, the handheld indicates that I do not have the correct operating system. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? ...

put multiple database info into one file
We have 2 (or more) Excel 2000 databases of contact information, but the columns are not in the same order. i.e. column A may be first name in one, but it is last name in another. Is there a simple way to merge these documents other than cutting & pasting? If you want to just make the columns match, you can do this: Open both workbooks. Window|Arrange|Horizontal (so you can see both worksheets, for reference only) If you select a column, you can shift-click and drag to a new location. If you're careful, you can match them up pretty quickly.) Consuela wrote: > > We hav...

Microsoft Money in Portuguese
Hi. My name is Miguel Paredes and I'm from Portugal. I would like to know if it possible to have Microsoft Money in portuguese language. Thanks. Microsoft are no longer developing the product, so it is unlikely that they will make one now. There used to be a Brazilian Portuguese version (Money 99), but no Portugal Portuguese version if I remember. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "mig.m.p" <migmp@discussions...