Another credit card payee problem

I am having a problem for about a month or two now where downloaded credit
card transactions will have the wrong payee in them. This is not the result
of mismatching with the wrong transaction. These transactions don't get
matched at all. So far it has only happened to transactions that I have not
entered manually so there is no match. I recognize the payee but I know I
didn't charge anything there so I go to the on line account info center
(it's a Discover card) and see that there is a transaction for that amount
on that date but the payee is somebody else.
Anybody else have or had this one?????

Thanks

0
rrion (15)
4/30/2004 4:10:43 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Bob Rion wrote:

>I am having a problem for about a month or two now where downloaded credit
>card transactions will have the wrong payee in them. This is not the result
>of mismatching with the wrong transaction. These transactions don't get
>matched at all. So far it has only happened to transactions that I have not
>entered manually so there is no match. I recognize the payee but I know I
>didn't charge anything there so I go to the on line account info center
>(it's a Discover card) and see that there is a transaction for that amount
>on that date but the payee is somebody else.
>Anybody else have or had this one?????

Go to Accounts&Bills->Categories&Payees->Payees->PreferredPayeeNames

Sort by Name. Find the payee that is listed wrongly. Note the "Payee
Name Variation", and Delete or Move at the bottom to change or
remove the association.

If the term you noted is something like SECURITY CREDIT or PAYMENT,
click on GoToPayeeRulesManager.  Excluded Payee Names
identifies words and phrases that should be ignored from the payee
field (e.g., check, deposit).  Add words that are generically added
by your bank.  Unfortunately there are no wildcards, so check 334,
check 335, and check 336 will each be treated as potential new
payee names. Tools->Options->OnlineServices->ReplacePayeeNames...
may be the solution to that.

Set Tools->Options->Online Services->ShowStandardizedPayeeNames to
combine payees that differ only by a number at the end.  This may
work better after you have combined payees from previous downloads.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
4/30/2004 4:53:49 PM
I don't have the selection "PreferredPayeeNames" I also can't find anything
about "Payee Name Variation". I searched help for both of these terms and
came up with nothing. I am running Money 2002 version 10. Are those
selections only in later versions?

> In microsoft.public.money, Bob Rion wrote:
>
> >I am having a problem for about a month or two now where downloaded
credit
> >card transactions will have the wrong payee in them. This is not the
result
> >of mismatching with the wrong transaction. These transactions don't get
> >matched at all. So far it has only happened to transactions that I have
not
> >entered manually so there is no match. I recognize the payee but I know I
> >didn't charge anything there so I go to the on line account info center
> >(it's a Discover card) and see that there is a transaction for that
amount
> >on that date but the payee is somebody else.
> >Anybody else have or had this one?????
>
> Go to Accounts&Bills->Categories&Payees->Payees->PreferredPayeeNames
>
> Sort by Name. Find the payee that is listed wrongly. Note the "Payee
> Name Variation", and Delete or Move at the bottom to change or
> remove the association.
>
> If the term you noted is something like SECURITY CREDIT or PAYMENT,
> click on GoToPayeeRulesManager.  Excluded Payee Names
> identifies words and phrases that should be ignored from the payee
> field (e.g., check, deposit).  Add words that are generically added
> by your bank.  Unfortunately there are no wildcards, so check 334,
> check 335, and check 336 will each be treated as potential new
> payee names. Tools->Options->OnlineServices->ReplacePayeeNames...
> may be the solution to that.
>
> Set Tools->Options->Online Services->ShowStandardizedPayeeNames to
> combine payees that differ only by a number at the end.  This may
> work better after you have combined payees from previous downloads.

0
rrion (15)
5/1/2004 1:09:53 PM
I had same problem IF i have edited the first few transactions and the rest
will try to match what I have edited. But not remember seeing wrong payee in
un-edited statement.

"Bob Rion" <rrion@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I am having a problem for about a month or two now where downloaded credit
> card transactions will have the wrong payee in them. This is not the
result
> of mismatching with the wrong transaction. These transactions don't get
> matched at all. So far it has only happened to transactions that I have
not
> entered manually so there is no match. I recognize the payee but I know I
> didn't charge anything there so I go to the on line account info center
> (it's a Discover card) and see that there is a transaction for that amount
> on that date but the payee is somebody else.
> Anybody else have or had this one?????
>
> Thanks

0
wj1 (14)

MS Money 2002 sign-in problem
All of the sudden I seem to have trouble signing into my Microsoft Money 2002 account. When I fire up the program and enter my password I get this message: “Money is unable to verify your Online sign-in….” I have a Windows XP Pentium 4 computer with no recent changes. Here is what I have tried so far with no success: 1. Verified that I can get into my msn.com account; that my password works, etc. 2. Did a system restore on my PC back to when I last successfully got into Money 3. Registered the Msxml3.dll file 4. Did both a “level 1 and level 2 standard repair” of my Money file Any a...

How can I get Publisher to print text on buisiness cards?
How can I get Publisher to print text on buisiness cards? In Publisher i can see the text that is on my business card, it shows the text in print prewview too, however when I print all that comes out is pictures that are on the card. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks Alex watta002@rbwm.org alex <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How can I get Publisher to print text on buisiness cards? > In Publisher i can see the text that is on my business card, it shows > the text in print prewview too, however when I print all that comes > ou...

Printing Greeting Cards
I know there has to be a way to do this, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have half-fold greeting cards. I want to have a photo and text on the front, text inside, and on the back a 'Photo by Carole' message. I have a printer that does two sided printing. But no matter how I set this up, I am getting either all the pages on one sheet of paper, or numerous sheets of paper....what am I doing wrong? Thanks. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Carole <nyccarole@hotmail.com>... > I have half-fold greeting cards. I wan...

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

Grabbing a number from another cell on another worksheet
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to do is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I want it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it seems like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do. Try this... Do this once. Select the cell on the 2nd sheet Right click>Copy Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell where you want the value to appear. Right click>Paste Special>Paste Lin...

Acessing function with a DLL which has be loaded from another dll
I have A.dll and B.dll. Assume that A.dll has following functions: A1() A2() Assume that B.dll has following functions: B1() B2() I am loading B.dll from function A1() in A.dll.After Loading B.dll i make a call to B1().After executing the call the function returns to beginning of A2.dll. why is this so? Define "begining". The word tends to make no sense in this context. What you seem to be saying is that you have void A1() { HANDLE h = ::LoadLibrary(_T("B.DLL")); ...test for h==NULL, deal with error typedef void (*B1)() B1Proc; B1Proc B1; ...

install 2003 upgrade problem
I recently bought a new computer with Win 7 OS. I have Office 2003 installed on my old XP computer. The problem is I have an upgrade version and can't find my original Office 97 cd. I had to have it when Office 2003 was installed on the XP computer after the hard drive crashed in 2006. I don't need a new version for my home use so would like to install my upgrade Office 2003 version on the Win 7 computer. Is there any way to get the upgrade to install when I don't have the old cd to put in when it asks for it. I still have the C of A with the product ID for Offi...

Creating column content based on another column's keyword(s) #2
Max, That scriptlet was very useful, and easily tweakable to work in myria applications. Thx! -K -- KHashmi31 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KHashmi316's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1043 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27348 Glad to hear that ! Thanks for posting back -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "KHashmi316" <KHashmi316.1evevz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:KHashmi316.1e...

Populate data in cell by looking at another cells data
Hi Everyone, Hope I find you well. I'm not even sure how to go about this, so I hope that someone can shed some light. I have a serial number in one cell eg '80199DD270238' where 'DD' is code for another value, in this case 'DD' = 'BLUE'. How can I automatically populate a cell with the value 'BLUE' by looking at the serial number. Many thanks for any help you can provide. Best Regards Gazza Hi if the characters are alsways at the same place use =IF(MID(A1,6,2)="DD","Blue","other color") if they could be at ...

Sum dependant on '1' value in another column
Hi, Let's say I have a '1' or nothing in column 'L' and a time in seconds in column 'B'. The '1' means the time is a legitimate one. Can I do a sum of all the 'legitimate' times in column 'B' based on whether there is a corresponding '1' in column 'L'? Is there a formula that will allow me to do that? Sorry for the ignorance of the question but it is late and I am struggling to make this spreadsheet work for me. Thanks in advance, Dave Hi DL, Look at the SUMIF function in Excel help. Try: =SUMIF(L1:L10...

Problem on junk mail list for Outlook 2003
Dear All My outlook 2003 is connected to MS exchange 2003 server, In past, I will add some email address to junk e-mail list using web browser, but now I cannot add in junk e-mail list use web browser now, it show "Unable to add the list, The maximum size for the list is 1024 entries" or " A error occured procured your Junk mail lists, You are over the size limited on the server". But If I add the email address to junk e-mail list using MS outlook 2003, the list can can update to web-base now, How can I solve this problem Rgds Alan OWA supports fewer than Outloo...

SUPERMARKET DISCOUNT CARD
I AM PLANING TO PUT A SUPERMARKET STLYE DISCOUNT CARD LIKE STOP AND SHOP OR PATHMARK CARD. ANYWAY I LIKE TO KNOW HOW CAN I DO IT WITH MICROSOFT RMS 2.0, BACK OF THE CARD IT HAS A BARCODE AND FRONT THE STORE LOGO. IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO IT SUCH A 5% OFF WHEN THEY COME IN WITH THE CARD. ALSO I WANT TO PUT INFO ON THE CARD EVERY TIME THEY USE SUCH AS MALE OR FEMALE CUSTOMERS AND THEY NAME IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN DO IT. THANK YOU <a href="<=======}==O"><=======}==O</a> ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## New...

is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? #2
is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data? ...

Automatic Link to another workbook
I have a workbook created that, every time I open it, I get the question: Do you want to update the automatic link to data in another workbook? I didn't consciously set up a link and I don't want to get this message. How do I find this link and break it so I will not continue to get this message? Any help is appreciated. Close any other Excel workbooks you have open and do a "Find" for :\ (colon backslash). If you have several worksheets in your workbook, ask Excel to search the entire workbook by selecting find within "Workbook" instead of "Sheet&quo...

Problem with #name
Dear All , I am having a problem with the excel. In column 2, I have a set of data which consists of two data 1) "- Cardburry Taste Good (C)" 2) "- Cardburry Taste Bad (M)" 3) "- Cardburry Taste Moderate (K)" When I open the csv files in excel , the data 2) and 3) converted to "#name?" but data 1) is ok. I have made some research if i replace data 2) and 3) with (C) to replace with (M) and (K) ,Everthing is fine .. My question is what is (C) ? Is it a excel formula ? Looking forward for your kindly answer Thanks Ujoon Hi the problem is the minus si...

Problem Pinning a Website to the IE8 icon on the Win7 Taskbar
I posted this message a couple of weeks ago, but the problem persists I have two brand new Win7 home premium 64 computers, each with IE8 installed and the icon on the taskbar. I want to pin some frequently accessed web links to the IE8 icon on the taskbar. The process I use is as follows: 1. Enter the desired website=92s address in the IE8 address bar, and access the site. 2. Left click the address in the IE8 address bar and drag the address down to atop the Taskbar=92s IE8 icon. That=92s it. But when I use this identical procedure on the two computers, I succeed on one a...

Copying from one ListControl to Another...
Hello everyone, I have been studying how List Controls work, and now I have two List Controls, A and B. Both of the list controls are in Report_View and they both have the same # of columns. What I would like to do is copy each entry of A into B. I use CListCtrl::GetItem(..) to get the item, and I use CListCtrl::InsertItem(..) to insert the item into B. However, this is not working. It is only inserting the first subitem. Is it possible to copy the entire item i.e, subitems 0-2 from CListCtrl A into CListCtrl B? Thanks ...

Sending Problems #2
I am having trouble with my outgoing mail, and my ISP is not accepting my login to the SMTP server. I have raised a problem, with them but while I await them fixing it, I have configured outlook 2003 to use a different account to send. My problem is that the faulty account is attempting to send some read receipts (I think) and is constantly failing. How do I flush the sending on this account? (There is nothing in my outbox) Paul <nothanks@btopenworld.com> wrote: > My problem is that the faulty account is attempting to send some read > receipts (I think) and is constantly...

Another question about IF(COUNTIF) checks in Excel
<Tiff1618@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:219EB429-F90A-406E-A208-5C787ED70467@microsoft.com... > > Hey again, > > > > Is there a formula I can use to figure out if there is one specific phrase > > in a selection? > > > > I'm updating the attendance prgram at the school that I work at. Every > > student has their own attendance sheet in Excel, and each sheet sort of > > looks > > like this: > > > > |Monday| > > Period 1:| A | (A=Absent; S=Seat time) > > Per...

Another If/Ten
HI all. Trying to use IF/THEN to look at Column A on one sheet, if any cell in that column equals today() would like cells from that row to fill in another sheet. Is this possible? Any ideas on how to make that happen?? Thanks. Flue. Maybe you can use format|Conditional formatting. Select the range to color (I used A2:X999). With A2 the activecell, I did: format|conditional formatting formula is: =($a2=today()) and give it a nice format Brian Bennett wrote: > > HI all. > > Trying to use IF/THEN to look at Column A on one sheet, if any cell in that > column equal...

How can I open a file saved in another version of Publisher?
I have Publisher 2000 and I am trying to open a .pub file but the message says it cannot open because the file is save in a different version of Publisher. Is there a way to open the file in Publisher 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. YvetteR wrote: > I have Publisher 2000 and I am trying to open a .pub file but the > message says it cannot open because the file is save in a different > version of Publisher. Is there a way to open the file in Publisher > 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. More than likely, this file was created in Publisher 2002 or 2003. Y...

Navigation problem
I've got an XML doccument that has the structure: <Data> <inc_date value="28 Feb 2009" /> <inc_id1 value="2604" /> <inc_id2 value="0" /> <KF_LiveDbMode value="no" display="Training" /> <errorDescription value="" /> <errorUserAdvice value="" /> <KF_ReturnNumber value="0" /> <FRSIncidentNumber value="20090228-2604.0" /> <OriginOfCallDesc value="POL PW - CURRENTLY TAKING OUR CALLS" /> <FRSId value="JK&qu...

getting returns / credits to show up in reports & Insights correct
I am curious how to get the following to handle as I would expect. If I purchase something and record it as an expense in an expense category, things of course work as expected with reports and the "Insight" thing where you can see your progress against budget categories. (i.e. I buy $40 of stuff at Home Depot and record in the Home Improvement category). However, if I return $20 of that stuff, and record a credit against the Home Improvement category, these do not get included in the reports or the "Insights" graphs. Am I missing turing on some setting, or I am re...

Another Gag thread
What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral? One less drunk at the funeral. The mayor of New Orleans was asked about his position on Roe vs. Wade. He said he didn't really care how people got out of the city. -- * "AB" <AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B46FD0D-3AA8-4D81-B90A-3FB512EE1F8F@microsoft.com... What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish funeral? One less drunk at the funeral. By looking at a picture of a person, you have to decide if he is a computer geek or a serial k...

Exchange 2003 mail delivery problem
Hi group, I have one strange problem with our Exchange Server 2003 SP2 (on SBS 2003). User complained that she didn't get an e-mail from business partner. I've checked the Message Tracking Log and there is such information: 2010.04.20 23:17 SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing 2010.04.20 23:17 SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advance Queue 2010.04.20 23:17 SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer 2010.04.20 23:17 SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued for Routing 2010.04.20 23:17 SMTP: Non-Delivery Report (NDR) Generated Other e-mails (from the same email address) wh...