amortize

Will MS Money 03 amortize loans and manipulate the numbers? None of the
boxes or the salespeople know. 


0
4/25/2005 12:54:22 AM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

8 Replies
368 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 31

Money has a type of account, the Loan Account, for amortized loans. It has a 
type of transaction, the Loan Payment, that calculates interest expense and 
Principal Transfer components of each payment.

That may or may not answer your question.

"Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message 
news:eHGefFTSFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Will MS Money 03 amortize loans and manipulate the numbers? None of the
> boxes or the salespeople know. 


0
4/25/2005 1:48:01 AM
Money supports amoritization as far as you being able to punch in the 
parameters of your loan and calculating a schedule for you. As far as I know 
(and I could be wrong) money does not let you calculate "what-if" scenarios 
such as "if a paid an additional $100 a month in principal, how much time 
would that take off the life of the loan?"

"Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message 
news:eHGefFTSFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Will MS Money 03 amortize loans and manipulate the numbers? None of the
> boxes or the salespeople know.
> 


0
NoSpam2208 (77)
4/25/2005 2:34:16 AM
Can you go a little farther? I bought but did not open Money Delux 2003. I 
want to create a loan account and then be able to miss or add payments from 
time to time with the schedule automatically adjusting itself.

-- 
Sussertown

---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net


"Paul Nimoi" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message 
news:eU3sA9TSFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Money supports amoritization as far as you being able to punch in the 
> parameters of your loan and calculating a schedule for you. As far as I 
> know (and I could be wrong) money does not let you calculate "what-if" 
> scenarios such as "if a paid an additional $100 a month in principal, how 
> much time would that take off the life of the loan?"
>
> "Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message 
> news:eHGefFTSFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Will MS Money 03 amortize loans and manipulate the numbers? None of the
>> boxes or the salespeople know.
>>
>
> 


0
4/25/2005 6:01:16 PM
A Money Loan Account will correctly calculate future payments if you miss
one or correctly add an extra payment.

I'm still not sure if this is what you are asking. Money is like a check
register. It's not a one-size-fits-all financial calculator.

"Asussertown" <DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:%23sv3$CcSFHA.248@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Can you go a little farther? I bought but did not open Money Delux 2003. I
> want to create a loan account and then be able to miss or add payments
from
> time to time with the schedule automatically adjusting itself.


0
4/25/2005 6:35:08 PM
Thank you for your help. My recollection is that my OLD Money would provide 
an am schedule of some sort. I thought it did what my next question 
suggests. I'm not sure what you mean by calculate. If I miss or add a 
payment, will the am schedule adjust to it for the remaining period by 
adjusting the payoff, the interest and principal per month, etc? 
Occasionally I have a loan from someone or I make a loan to someone. If it 
will do what I just asked, I will open the new box.

-- 
Sussertown

---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net


"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in 
message news:uc4EDWcSFHA.3236@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>A Money Loan Account will correctly calculate future payments if you miss
> one or correctly add an extra payment.
>
> I'm still not sure if this is what you are asking. Money is like a check
> register. It's not a one-size-fits-all financial calculator.
>
> "Asussertown" <DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> news:%23sv3$CcSFHA.248@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Can you go a little farther? I bought but did not open Money Delux 2003. 
>> I
>> want to create a loan account and then be able to miss or add payments
> from
>> time to time with the schedule automatically adjusting itself.
>
> 


0
4/25/2005 7:14:12 PM
Money of recent versions will not generate an amortization schedule by
itself.

Money will correctly compute, or calculate, the interest component of future
Loan Payments given the present balance and interest rate.

Money Loan Accounts can be loans you owe or loans someone owes you.

If you want maximum flexibility for these calculations, Excel can't be beat.

Have you ever used Money for anything? I'm not sure how better to answer
your question and I'm not sure you understand what Money fundamentally is.
It's not a calculator. It's a database for financial transactions.

"Asussertown" <DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:%23bPhvrcSFHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Thank you for your help. My recollection is that my OLD Money would
provide
> an am schedule of some sort. I thought it did what my next question
> suggests. I'm not sure what you mean by calculate. If I miss or add a
> payment, will the am schedule adjust to it for the remaining period by
> adjusting the payoff, the interest and principal per month, etc?
> Occasionally I have a loan from someone or I make a loan to someone. If it
> will do what I just asked, I will open the new box.


0
4/25/2005 8:02:19 PM
I have used Excel and I have a loan in it now. It doesn't seem to allow for 
any changes in any of the columns except the EXTRA PAYMENT column. The only 
way to make an extra large payment is to do the subtraction problem yourself 
outside of Excel and then place the answer in that column. Am I missing 
anything?

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in 
message news:uFTlwGdSFHA.3372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Money of recent versions will not generate an amortization schedule by
> itself.
>
> Money will correctly compute, or calculate, the interest component of 
> future
> Loan Payments given the present balance and interest rate.
>
> Money Loan Accounts can be loans you owe or loans someone owes you.
>
> If you want maximum flexibility for these calculations, Excel can't be 
> beat.
>
> Have you ever used Money for anything? I'm not sure how better to answer
> your question and I'm not sure you understand what Money fundamentally is.
> It's not a calculator. It's a database for financial transactions.
>
> "Asussertown" <DROPsusertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> news:%23bPhvrcSFHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Thank you for your help. My recollection is that my OLD Money would
> provide
>> an am schedule of some sort. I thought it did what my next question
>> suggests. I'm not sure what you mean by calculate. If I miss or add a
>> payment, will the am schedule adjust to it for the remaining period by
>> adjusting the payoff, the interest and principal per month, etc?
>> Occasionally I have a loan from someone or I make a loan to someone. If 
>> it
>> will do what I just asked, I will open the new box.
>
> 


0
4/25/2005 9:52:16 PM
Maybe that in Excel, everything is infinitely malleable. If you don't like
the spreadsheet the way it is, change it to work the way you would prefer.
Debugging/modifying the formulas in an Excel spreadsheet is outside the
scope of this NG, but microsoft.public.excel.* certainly has lots of people
who dabble in this.

"Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:uot4NEeSFHA.164@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I have used Excel and I have a loan in it now. It doesn't seem to allow
for
> any changes in any of the columns except the EXTRA PAYMENT column. The
only
> way to make an extra large payment is to do the subtraction problem
yourself
> outside of Excel and then place the answer in that column. Am I missing
> anything?


0
4/25/2005 11:20:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Amortization schedule with veriable payments
I need an amortization schedule that allows changing the monthly payment amount. I have a house that I have sold to someone with a contract for deed. I have an amortization schedule, but due to them having some financial probems they have lowered the monthly payment with my permission. That is why I would like to change the payment amount after 2 years of calculated payments. I would appreciate any ideas. Gervis "Gervis" wrote: > I need an amortization schedule that allows > changing the monthly payment amount. Off-hand, I don't know of a free template...

amortize
Will MS Money 03 amortize loans and manipulate the numbers? None of the boxes or the salespeople know. Money has a type of account, the Loan Account, for amortized loans. It has a type of transaction, the Loan Payment, that calculates interest expense and Principal Transfer components of each payment. That may or may not answer your question. "Asussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:eHGefFTSFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Will MS Money 03 amortize loans and manipulate the numbers? None of the > boxes or the salespeople know. Money ...

Accumulate Amortized Expenditures by month
I need some help with an excel sheet and you guys may be the ones to help. I have a list of capital expenditures that I want to amortize over X months. Lets say office equipment is $10,000 and we are amortizing it over 12 months starting 1/1/11. That gives us a monthly cost of $833.33 Total capital expenditures by month 1/1/11 - $833.33 2/1/11 - $833.33 3/1/11 - $833.33 4/1/11 - $833.33 5/1/11 - $833.33 6/1/11 - $833.33 7/1/11 - $833.33 8/1/11 - $833.33 9/1/11 - $833.33 10/1/11 - $833.33 11/1/11 - $833.33 12/1/11 - $833.33 So that is just one expense. No lets say in June we buy more compu...

Amortization table problem
I am trying to set up a dynamic amortization schedule that allows me t change the loan variables (interest rate, length of loan, amount, etc. I am using the PPMT and IPMT functions to calculated the principal an interest payments for each period. My model covers a 30 year tim horizon. The problem occurs when I set the loan time less than 30 years. Fo example, for a 20 year loan I have a line that counts 1, 2, 3, ..., 20 0, 0, to tell the PPMT and IPMT equations which period to calculate. But when it reaches year 21, a zero feeds into the PPMT equation fo time period, resulting in a #NUM...

Amortization calculator
I have a copy of Money 97 that had an amortization calculator included that I absolutely love. My copy of Money 97 will no longer run on my Windows Vista. Does anyone know of any products that have a amortization calculator similar to this one? In microsoft.public.money, shurbyz wrote: >I have a copy of Money 97 that had an amortization calculator included that I >absolutely love. My copy of Money 97 will no longer run on my Windows Vista. > Does anyone know of any products that have a amortization calculator similar >to this one? http://www.bankrate.com/brm/mortgage-ca...

amortization tables
how do i create amortization tables in Excel 2003 You can either create one yourself with Excel's financial functions; see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011117451033.aspx or use one of many templates, like these: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=amortization&av=TPL000 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mpho" <Mpho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39A31A72-2793-402D-A1D1-FA45B6D64920@microsoft.com... | how do i create amortization tables in Excel 2003 ...

Loan amortization #2
In the loan amortizaiton template, how do I change the settings so that the payments are calculated as being paid at year-end rather than at the beginning of the period? ...

AMORTIZATION
I WOULD LIKE TO GET A AMORTIZATION SCHEDULE. DOES WORKS (VERSION 7) ALLOW ME TO DO THIS. ANY HELP APPRECIATED crabby Please don't SHOUT. It hurts my eyes and is entirely unnecessary. If Works version 7 has a spreadsheet component, yes, it can be used to generate an amortization table. "CRABBY" <mcrabby@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00dd01c3577d$e0c63340$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I WOULD LIKE TO GET A AMORTIZATION SCHEDULE. DOES WORKS > (VERSION 7) ALLOW ME TO DO THIS. ...

amortization
What are the benefit(s) of creating an amortization schedule in MS Excel 07? <kmack1982@gmail.com> wrote... >What are the benefit(s) of creating an amortization schedule in MS >Excel 07? As opposed to doing it manually with paper, pencil and an 80 year old printed table of compound interest rate accumulation factors? Homework? ...

Amortization of Fannie Mae Bonds
Does Money 2004 have the capability to handle Amortization Factors or Amortized Values for bonds, such as Fannie Mae. The Money Help screen (Bonds) acknowledges that the FNMA bonds will return principle, and a Return of Capital transaction can be entered. However, the transaction does not seem to have the correct effect on either Market Value or Cost Basis. Does the Return of Capital transaction have any effect on these values? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Frank S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:018c01c3a7c9$a2b8c8f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... &g...

loan amortization schedule #2
I am looking for a template to plug-in the payment, loan amount, interest rate and term for a loan to get a amortization table. Also if one of the four above are missing it will calculate the missing number. ...

Help with amortization template
I have used the Amortization template but would like to adjust it so that it automatically fills in the missing value. If I have 3 of the 4 values (note amount, term, payment and interest rate) it would fill in the missing value and create an amortization table. How do I do this? Thanks. In cells A1:F1, enter Pmt # Note Amount Term Payment Interest Rate Principal In Cells A2:F2, enter the formulas: (Note that these formulas will return errors initially - the errors will resolve when you have entered three of the four items) =ROW()-1 =PV(E2/12,C2,D2) =NPER(E2/12,D2,B2) =PMT(E2/12,C2,B2)...

Amortization table
I would like to create a macro that creates an amortization table. Something like putting in the present value, rate, and number of months then have excel use as many rows as necessary to output the princ/int values. Can this be done? Is there a sample somewhere that does anything like this? Why not try recording and then changing rows to a variable controlled by years in a cell/12 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bradley M. Small" <BSmall@XNOSPAMXmjsi.com> wrote in message news:OcAFd9u%23DHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I would like to create a ma...

Amortization of Prepaids
We have a fair number of prepaid invoices amortized over time. Currently these invoices are charged to a prepaid account, maintained in excel, then amortized to the expense account via journal entry each month. The problem with this process is that, when reviewing expense variances/trends, I cannot identify what each of the debits in the expense account represents without consulting the excel spreadsheet. Does GP provide the ability to spread the expense to different periods from within the purchasing module? This is the only potential solution I can think of where the link between ...

Beware Loan Amortization report
Yet another report that doesn't do what it says it does... Env: M04 Deluxe. Loan Transaction report set to include transactions from register and to show "Paid from account". Instead of the Paid From account, it shows the loan account name for the loan you are reporting on. How helpful. Does anybody actually test this stuff in any rigorous way? I understand how intermittent hangs and corruption problems and so forth are hard to test for. But that the options in a customize dialog do what they say they do? ...

mortgage amortization error
I made a large extra principal payment on my mortgage. MS Money produced an updated amortization schedule showing the new principal payment would be a much larger percentage of my total payment (that is, each payment would include much less interest than before). The actual allocation for the next payment on July 1 followed the original amortization schedule rather than the new one. In dollars, in June my monthly payment of $870 included $584 in principal. In July--after the large extra payment--the amortization schedule showed the July payment would be about $710 in princi...

Edit amortization schedule in scheduled payments
Allow full edit of all fields in the amortization schedule that is generated in Scheduled Payment (PM). There are often times when a bank payment schedule will change the interest rate each year, or calculate on 360 days vs. 365 days for the interest. We should have the ability to create the payment schedule to suit our business needs. Currently on the payment field and the payment date are available for edit, and only if the interest rate is 0.0%. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for thi...

loan amortization
When paying extra principal on my mortgage the loan amortization payment number stops and starts over again at payment number one. Was there a question here? Seriously, loan payment numbers tend to do lots of flaky things. I have a loan that pays weekly and it flat refuses to number them. Whatever. Number them yourself if you care; you can change these at will. Personally, I'd leave an extra principal payment number blank. "dave" <dhunsaker@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:071701c34bb2$0fee4040$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When paying extra principal on my mortgage the ...

Loan amortization #2
I am setting up Microsoft Money 2006, and I would like to have my mortgage listed as one of my accounts, so I can automatically see how much principle is still owed. I also would like to have my mortgage set up as an automatic bill each month. However, when I have the automatic payment set up, it simply deducts that entire payment (PITI) from the principal amount owed, even though I have a fixed loan and my principle payment changes each month. I would like to set it up somehow so that when I automatically pay the mortgage, the amount of the loan remaining changes to the correct amou...

Formula
Can anyone provide a formula to calculate loan payments within a worksheet to amortize a mortgage - i.e. term, rate, and amount given? I need to auto calculate a couple variables for 15, 20, 25, and 30 years. Thanks! Have you tried the PMT Function? -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail .. "TwistedPixel" <twistedpixel@linux.site> wrote in message news:pan.2005.06.04.05.46.59.251863@linux.site... > Can anyone provide a formula to calculate loan payments within a worksheet > to amortize a mortgage - i.e. term, rate, and ...

Complicated Amortization/Scheduled Payments
An example is a five year note that is interest only for the first 12 months, then principal and interest for the remaining 48 months. As far as I can tell, the built-in scheduled payments are limited to calculating principal & interest over the legth of the schedule. Is there an additional module or third party add-in that will handle the more complex types of financing that some folks thrive on? Thanks in advance We have made some enhancements to the module. If you're interested, feel free to contact me to discuss a possible customization. Darren darren@binarystream.com &q...

How to represent this amortization
Hello, I was wondering how I simulation an loan amortization of this type. I have a loan called 30/15. Basically it is calculated over 30 years but need to be paid in 15. What would be the best way to set it up ? Thnak you In microsoft.public.money, Thomas Poteau wrote: > >I was wondering how I simulation an loan amortization of this type. > >I have a loan called 30/15. Basically it is calculated over 30 years but >need to be paid in 15. What would be the best way to set it up ? If you know the payments, enter that data. Leave the interest blank for Money to compute. ...

amortization schedule
What product of microsoft money includes an amortization schedule. Is it either Premium 2005, Delux 2005, or Standard 2005. Deluxe, at least, probably Standard, as well. Before you go to the trouble of installing it, ask a more detailed question. You may be assuming a lot. Nobody can provide more detailed answers unless you ask them. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "lanemt" <lanemt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:376759DD-1ECC-458E-AA57-05641CF3AA04@microsoft.com... > What product of microsoft money includes an amortization schedule. Is it > eit...

amortization of a mortgage
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A FUNCTION IN EXCEL TO AMORTIZE A MORTGAGE. IN QUATTRO PRO IT IS @AMPMT. PMT will give you the payment. Is that what you want or do you want the full amoritization? "MANUEL JACQUEZ" wrote: > CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A FUNCTION IN EXCEL TO AMORTIZE A MORTGAGE. > IN QUATTRO PRO IT IS @AMPMT. ...

Loan Amortization
I used the Loan Amortization.xlt template to set up the details of my mortgage a couple of years ago and it works well keeping track of extra payments etc. Now the bank has increased its interest rate and I am wondering is there a way to reflect this interest rate hike in the sheet. If I just enter the new rate it calculates the entire loan from beginning to end at the new rate and not the loan from next payment to end at the new rate. The only way that i can think of doing it is to create a new amortization sheet for an odd term (e.g. the 23 years and 7 months left) at the new rate s...