Advanced Budget - How to count prev. trans. against current budget

I am using the Advanced Budget feature of Money 2006.  What I would like to
do is count a transaction that cleared the end of last month in the current
month's budget.

(Scenario is that we bought groceries the end of last month that count
against this month's budget.)

We get paid once a month at the end of each month.

Any advice on managing this is appreciated!
0
CK (58)
10/12/2008 12:49:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Credit Transactions & Budgets
Looking for recommendations: Trying to figure out how to best set up my budget to reflect credit charges and the payments I then make the to the credit card companies. For instance, if I purchase $100 dollars in clothing on my Visa on 8/1/2003, I allocate the charge in my Visa account to the Clothing category. If I run the monthly budget report for 8/2003, it'll show $100 for clothing as an expense. I then send a check to Visa for $100 which also shows as an expense on the monthly budget report. It appears as though I've spent $200 for 8/2003. Should I exclude transf...

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

Counting lines when using a filter
After using a filter to view certain rows of a spreadsheet, is there a way to get an accurate count of how many rows are shown by either clicking and dragging the mouse over the selection or clicking on the first row and then shift-click on the last row? Thanks in advance, Hagan How about using SUBTOTAL function -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "hagan" <hagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9264E3D-5869-4371-BED7-0DBF18712832@microsoft.com... > After using a filter to view certain rows of a spreadsheet, is there a way to > get an ...

Zero-Based Budget
Anyone using the zero-based budget approach in MS Money? ...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

count number of entries in cell
Hi, I am trying to count the number of entries in a cell. For eg in cel A15..I have rat,cat,mat,fat....The function should return 4. Is there inbuilt function to do that or what would a macro to do that loo like. Thanks, M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are all your entries separatet by a comma. If yes try =LEN(A15)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A15,",",""))+1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I am trying to count the number of entries in a cell. For eg in cell > A15..I have rat,cat,mat,fat....The function should return 4. Is the...

Problem not counting duplicates
Excel 2003 Ok, I receive info regarding patients in a hospital setting, the pt being identified by Medical Record Number. I need to know the number of pts on a vent in a month, then the compliance to several different tasks on those patients. (# of yes answers divided by the total number of pts) The problem is that a lot of the info is duplicated. I have a formula to disregard the duplicate med rec numbers: =sumproduct((range<>"")/countif(range,range&"")) this works fine to count the number of patients for the month without counting duplicates. ...

Preview doesn't open current record
I have the basic details of our invoices (which are reports) displayed on a continuous form i.e. date, number, customer, amount. At the end of each row I have a button so that we can open the form on which the invoice was created, to modify it. That works fine, it opens the selected invoice. I also have a button that should open a preview of the selected invoice (rpt). However, I can't get this to fire the correct record - it insists on opening the last (most recently created) invoice, no matter on which line the record selector may be. This is the code I am using on the Click event ...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

Budget tracking tool
Hi, I've been working at using excel to build a budget tracking tool. I having a few problems and was wondering if anyone knows of any useful web resources where I might be able to get some fresh ideas on ways of doing things. Basically, I need to track planned spend against budget, actual spend against planned spend, and actual spend against budget. Any help appreciated! Regards Alan MS has a bunch of templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx You may find something that you like. Alan S wrote: > > Hi, > > I've been working at using...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Counting & Filters
Hi All, Hoping somebody can help me here. I have forgotten how to create a formula which will tell me how many rows are visible after setting a filter. I would like to know the results to calculate the number of call types made in a day by changing the filter and returning a result. Tom Westlake Hi Tom See the help for the Subtotal worksheet function -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Tom Westlake" <tomwest@primus.ca> wrote in message news:rae174p5pe7fjsk3ucut1r4dd71mhf0t7f@4ax.com... > Hi All, > > Hoping somebody can help me here. ...

Exchange ActiveSync error 85010001
I've had this issue with a Treo 700w for several days, and have tried many suggested methods to resolve. These included: - Setting a new exchange-oma virtual directory for syncing - Enabling / Disabling form based authentication - Verifying OMA was working correctly - Trying with / without SSL (enabling / disabling ssl as an option for /exchange virtual directory) All of the suggested resolutions in many of the forums had limited success with many of the posters / forum participants. I wanted to get it out to everyone just how I managed to get this working, to hopefully save them some ...

Using a Count'ed field in a Calculated Formula for a Pivot Table
I have created a pivot table with the following: - A row field called Type - Data Items called Resource Affected - No column fields dropped in...but now shows "Count of Resource Affected" My data table has 2 other fields, Original Date and New Date. I have added a calculated field which is New Date - Original Date, and I have called it Person Days Pushed. I would like to create a calculated field that is: (Original Date - New Date) / Count of Resource Affected The problem is that in the calculated fields window, I can only select Resource Affected... How do I do ...

Pivot table "Sum of" or "Count of"
I have created a macro to create several pivot tables. Some show "Sum of XXX" and some "Count of XXX". I actually want all to be "Sum of XXX". So how to change the macro to show "Sum of" when the pivot table gives "Count of". Here are codes for one of the tables: With pt1 .PivotFields("REGION").Orientation = xlPageField .PivotFields("DIVISION").Orientation = xlColumnField .PivotFields("YEAR").Orientation = xlRowField .PivotFields("SALES")....

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

Exchange 2003
Hi one of the users on our server (Running SBS2003) has recently got married so we need to change the disply name on outgoing emails to match. Changed the name in the user properties but this is not reflected in sent emails. How can i change this. Tim Never mind - just had to wait a while for the changes to take effect. "Tim Webster" <tim.webster@qedsolutions.com.au> wrote in message news:uJrpRdD2FHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > one of the users on our server (Running SBS2003) has recently got married > so we need to change the disply name on outgoin...

how do i access spreadsheet capable of home budget ?
i have permission to create a home budget. i need knowledge of how to create same. if i'm directed to a frendily spreadsheet, i need to know how to access it from msn explorer. Go to www.google.com and search for "microsoft office excel template" You should find a home budget one there. This newsgroup is for Microsoft Outlook. Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook] Acorn Training and Consulting www.acorntraining.com.au "work morals, integrity, and appliction" <work morals, integrity, and appliction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93D27DD9-8CFF-436...

Budget Period
I want to change the period that the month starts and ends on in Money 2004. I know that you can set custom dates in the report area, but I want to set my dates to run fto the 25th of a month to the 24th of a month. Reason being, I get paid on the 25th of each month, and looking at my budgte, in the budget window, not the report, it tells me that I have not been paid for April, and all my expenses for my April salary are not listed. Thanx Rhys See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=112. "Rhys" <rhys.gottwald@leoni.com> wrote in message news:157c201c41b16$4c98f6a0$a6012...

count a range
hi i am trying to count an occurance of a text value over a date range i have the following formula SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$350>=Q44)*($A$1:$A$350<=R44),$E$1:$E$350) this works fine what i want to do is only show the number of occurences for cell t42 (text value) i have tried the formula below but it is not working SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$350>=Q44)*($A$1:$A$350<=R44)*(TEXT(T42,)),$E$1:$E$350 where am i going wrong thanks in advance kevin Hi Kevin in which column of your data range is T42? You should change your formula to something like SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$350>=Q44)*($A$1:$A$...

Advanced macro
Slightly complicated question - I'll explain as best as I can. I have two sheets in a file, one is the weekly sales (all data on one line) and the other is the previous weeks sales which have been hard coded (1st week on line 1, 2nd week on line two...52nd week on line 52). I want the weekly sales sheet to remain the same as it has links into another report. What I need is a macro to copy the line of data from the weekly sheet into the relevant weeks line on the previous weeks sheet. I can only create macro's that take the data from the weekly sheet and enters it into a specifi...

How identify data of two coulams,Every cell count and show result
Q1. How identify data of two coulams Q2. Every cell count and show result like I need like Coulam A Coulam B 500 1 500 2 500 3 800 1 800 2 800 3 800 4 800 5 800 6 600 1 600 2 600 3 600 4 700 1 700 2 I want to count like coulam B i have data in coulam A and like this I have two coulam with name as lower,upper,propercase i want to do all in same case like in proper case how? Hi In column B enter =COUNTIF($A$1:A1,"=&...