Add Shares - HELP!

I downloaded my stock trading information directly from Penson Financial
Services. When I imported the data into Money the program decided that it
needed to "ADD SHARES" to makes sure that I wouldn't have a negative balance
of shares in my account. But the program didn't do it correctly, giving me
many more ADD SHARES than I need.  When I go through and reconcile the
register with the Excel Spreadsheet that I also created with the data, I find
that I'll have three or more ADD SHARES when the account would zero out
without them.

When I try to delete the additional ADD SHARES from the register, I'm told
that the shares cannot be deleted because it will cause my share count to
fall below zero. THAT'S JUST NOT TRUE!  The positions reconcile perfectly
with my spreadsheet. The spreadsheet shows that the shares match and zero out.

Why can't I delete those extra lines of ADD SHARES?
0
Thurly (3)
4/15/2006 12:59:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Downloaded data frequently causes more trouble than it can possibly be
worth.

In microsoft.public.money, Thurly wrote:

>I downloaded my stock trading information directly from Penson Financial
>Services. When I imported the data into Money the program decided that it
>needed to "ADD SHARES" to makes sure that I wouldn't have a negative balance
>of shares in my account. But the program didn't do it correctly, giving me
>many more ADD SHARES than I need.

Unless you have Sells, why would it have to add shares? If you get a
box that says "Do you want Money to update your account to match the
statement?, I suggest you select "No, do not update my account." See
below.

>  When I go through and reconcile the
>register with the Excel Spreadsheet that I also created with the data, I find
>that I'll have three or more ADD SHARES when the account would zero out
>without them.
>
>When I try to delete the additional ADD SHARES from the register, I'm told
>that the shares cannot be deleted because it will cause my share count to
>fall below zero. THAT'S JUST NOT TRUE!  The positions reconcile perfectly
>with my spreadsheet. The spreadsheet shows that the shares match and zero out.
>
>Why can't I delete those extra lines of ADD SHARES?

Could you have some extra RemoveShares in there somewhere? One thing
to try is to add a new big AddShares that pre-dates the other
AddShares. Reallocate any sales to match the real Buys. Delete the
other AddShares, and finally delete the new big AddShares. Keep an
extra copy/backup in case you want to undo something.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
4/15/2006 3:52:41 AM
Cal,

Everything worked except I cannot delete the new, larger, predated ADD
SHARES. The Register looks neater, but it would be cleaner if I could
eliminate those entries entirely.

Also, if the ADD SHARES has a number of shares listed but no PRICE and no
TOTAL in the register, does that mean that the program will essentially
ignore those entries?

TIA,

Thurly

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Thurly wrote:
>
> >I downloaded my stock trading information directly from Penson Financial
> >Services. When I imported the data into Money the program decided that it
> >needed to "ADD SHARES" to makes sure that I wouldn't have a negative balance
> >of shares in my account. But the program didn't do it correctly, giving me
> >many more ADD SHARES than I need.
>
> Unless you have Sells, why would it have to add shares? If you get a
> box that says "Do you want Money to update your account to match the
> statement?, I suggest you select "No, do not update my account." See
> below.
>

> >  When I go through and reconcile the
> >register with the Excel Spreadsheet that I also created with the data, I find
> >that I'll have three or more ADD SHARES when the account would zero out
> >without them.
> >
> >When I try to delete the additional ADD SHARES from the register, I'm told
> >that the shares cannot be deleted because it will cause my share count to
> >fall below zero. THAT'S JUST NOT TRUE!  The positions reconcile perfectly
> >with my spreadsheet. The spreadsheet shows that the shares match and zero out.
> >
> >Why can't I delete those extra lines of ADD SHARES?
>
> Could you have some extra RemoveShares in there somewhere? One thing
> to try is to add a new big AddShares that pre-dates the other
> AddShares. Reallocate any sales to match the real Buys. Delete the
> other AddShares, and finally delete the new big AddShares. Keep an
> extra copy/backup in case you want to undo something.

0
Thurly (3)
4/15/2006 5:18:02 AM
Cal,

The brokerage data starts 01/01/2005 and goes through 12/31/2005. I've had
the account for several years. Some equity positions were held from late 2004
and not sold until 2005 so the sales show up but not the 2004 buys.

Also, my brokerage allows me to sell stocks short -- so sometimes the first
entry in a position is a short.

I don't have any entries labeled REMOVE SHARES.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Thurly wrote:
>
> >I downloaded my stock trading information directly from Penson Financial
> >Services. When I imported the data into Money the program decided that it
> >needed to "ADD SHARES" to makes sure that I wouldn't have a negative balance
> >of shares in my account. But the program didn't do it correctly, giving me
> >many more ADD SHARES than I need.
>
> Unless you have Sells, why would it have to add shares? If you get a
> box that says "Do you want Money to update your account to match the
> statement?, I suggest you select "No, do not update my account." See
> below.
>

> >  When I go through and reconcile the
> >register with the Excel Spreadsheet that I also created with the data, I find
> >that I'll have three or more ADD SHARES when the account would zero out
> >without them.
> >
> >When I try to delete the additional ADD SHARES from the register, I'm told
> >that the shares cannot be deleted because it will cause my share count to
> >fall below zero. THAT'S JUST NOT TRUE!  The positions reconcile perfectly
> >with my spreadsheet. The spreadsheet shows that the shares match and zero out.
> >
> >Why can't I delete those extra lines of ADD SHARES?
>
> Could you have some extra RemoveShares in there somewhere? One thing
> to try is to add a new big AddShares that pre-dates the other
> AddShares. Reallocate any sales to match the real Buys. Delete the
> other AddShares, and finally delete the new big AddShares. Keep an
> extra copy/backup in case you want to undo something.

0
Thurly (3)
4/15/2006 5:23:01 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Thurly wrote:

>The brokerage data starts 01/01/2005 and goes through 12/31/2005. I've had
>the account for several years. Some equity positions were held from late 2004
>and not sold until 2005 so the sales show up but not the 2004 buys.
>
>Also, my brokerage allows me to sell stocks short -- so sometimes the first
>entry in a position is a short.

I suspect that is the problem. You will need to change the closing
Buys for those shorts to CoverShort. I hope then you will be able to
delete that fake AddShares.

>I don't have any entries labeled REMOVE SHARES.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Sharing outlook 2002 on home system and laptop
I want to use Outlook 2002 on my Desktop while I'm at home, and then when I go on the road I want to use it on my laptop (Outlook 2002 is installed on both). Is there an easy way to sync the two together so when I use the laptop I take along all my current e-mail, tasks, appointments, etc. and when I get home the "done" tasks and read e-mail will be reflected on the home system. Thanks ...

Excel Add Ins

OL 2000 calendar sharing
All I want to do is share 2 calendars between 2 networked computers-I'd settle for one shared calendar at this point- HELP! System:2 networked computers running OL 2000 one W98SE one W98. Email:2 separate addresses-primary account with isp set as default and sub account with same isp set as default on 2nd computer. Objective:Share OL calendar on each computer Problem: I get the "Accept" button displayed in an email but a message that says "This folder is already being used by Net Folders". ...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

Can't see e-mails in shared folder
I am using Outlook 2007 on an Exchange 2003 server and can open a shared folder from another user. I can read all of the e-mails listed there except for the ones from "System Administrator" (usually the undeliverables). The e-mails open but there is nothing in them. All of the other e-mails in this folder open just fine. And the owner of the folder can open and read these e-mails. Am I (or the owner) missing a setting somewhere? Or is this a setting on the Exchange server that won't allow System Administrator messages to be read by anyone other than the origin...

Dr Watson if open a Shared Workbook
HI whenever i open an Excel Sheet if its Shared comes dr watson. If i disable the shared Workbook then is all ok. What i can do. Thx Chris Leave the file unshared "chris73" <stop@gmx.ch> wrote in message news:3fbc917f.0407160508.14cf9b9f@posting.google.com... : HI : whenever i open an Excel Sheet if its Shared comes dr watson. : If i disable the shared Workbook then is all ok. : : What i can do. : : Thx : Chris ...

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

Shared Exchange Environment
I am looking into possibly hosting multiple small organizations on a shared Exchange environment similar to other typical shared email environments in a *nix environment. I am wondering if any one can point me in the right direction on how and if this can be accomplished in an MS Exchange environment. I have a history of supporting Exchange in a single organization environment but not hosting multiple companies under one machine. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sean Microsoft has a HMC (Hosted Messaging & Collaboration) solution you can look at : http://www.microsoft.c...

Mail not visible in shared mailbox
Outlook 2k3 sp2 talking to exchange 2k3 sp2. We have a shared mailbox. If I go to a users desk, create a profile to that shared mailbox, and open it, I see all mail properly. That is, the message count in the inbox says 19, 2 unread, I see 19 and the 2 unread. If I create a new profile, and point it to the users own mailbox, open it, add in the shared mailbox, the shared mailbox will show a message count of say, 19, but only 12 emails will be visible. Also, the unread mail count shows, but the unread mail does not. So far, I have tried the /cleanviews switch on the shared mailbox, a...

Sharing Emails with different account
Hi, I would like to share emails that are downloaded with other accounts on the same computer. Is there any way to set it up in outlook instead going after the file in the directory? My OS is WinXP and using Outlook 2002. Thank you. Andy Leave the mail on the server and allow each account to download the mail to their local store. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

Add target to trend chart
I've created a chart trending our company's daily rank over time. We have a specific rank as a target goal, and I'd like that to appear as a flat line on the chart, so we know how far we have to go. How can I get such a line, without having to populate a new column with the same number? Thanks Two options, 1) Simply draw a line where your target is at using the drawing toolbar. 2) Add an additional series to your chart containing two points. The X value of the points indicates the length of your line. The Y values should be set to your target. "Patience" <...