accounts receivable problem in Money 2003 Deluxe & Business

I converted my Quicken B & P to Money 2003 D & B about 5 months ago. Today,
I tried running a Profit & Loss report and discovered the invoice payments
from my consulting were not showing in the income column. The account I use
to create invoices is not named "Accounts Recievable".

1. How to I check the account type is really A/R? Is that fact that it is an
invoice account sufficient proof?

2. When I record payment of an invoice, a deposit is recorded in my Bank
Account with the "Special Category" of  "Payment for Invoice". Is there
something I can/need to do to make this appear as income?

Thanks for taking time to reply,
Axel Larson

0
axellat (4)
12/8/2003 4:24:56 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Never mind. I figured it out.

--
Axel Larson
 -

"Axel" <axellat@mvpsdot.org> wrote in message
> I converted my Quicken B & P to Money 2003 D & B about 5 months ago.
Today,
> I tried running a Profit & Loss report and discovered the invoice payments
> from my consulting were not showing in the income column. The account I
use
> to create invoices is not named "Accounts Recievable".
>
> 1. How to I check the account type is really A/R? Is that fact that it is
an
> invoice account sufficient proof?
>
> 2. When I record payment of an invoice, a deposit is recorded in my Bank
> Account with the "Special Category" of  "Payment for Invoice". Is there
> something I can/need to do to make this appear as income?
>
> Thanks for taking time to reply,
> Axel Larson

0
axellat (4)
12/9/2003 6:12:45 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Axel wrote:

>Never mind. I figured it out.

So what did you determine?

>--
>Axel Larson
> -
>
>"Axel" <axellat@mvpsdot.org> wrote in message
>> I converted my Quicken B & P to Money 2003 D & B about 5 months ago.
>Today,
>> I tried running a Profit & Loss report and discovered the invoice payments
>> from my consulting were not showing in the income column. The account I
>use
>> to create invoices is not named "Accounts Recievable".
>>
>> 1. How to I check the account type is really A/R? Is that fact that it is
>an
>> invoice account sufficient proof?
>>
>> 2. When I record payment of an invoice, a deposit is recorded in my Bank
>> Account with the "Special Category" of  "Payment for Invoice". Is there
>> something I can/need to do to make this appear as income?
>>
>> Thanks for taking time to reply,
>> Axel Larson

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

problem with signature
I am trying to create a simple signature for my HTML mails, with a link to my website.I want it to be a hover link, no underline. I have made a very simple HTML in Dreamweaver, and all the appropriate attributes and styles are set via CSS. It looks and works fine on my browser. But when I select it as my signature file in OL2003, hover link property disappears and it reverts to the dreaded underline link. Any ideas how achieve this? TIA ...

Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem
User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) yaro Hello yaro, Thanks for your post. The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOU...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Excel Crash

Analytical Accounting #6
I am trying to find a way to do more detailed reporting from the General Ledger. Your GL is only as strong as the number of segments and the number of ways you can slice and dice the data based on the combination of segments. We have over 40,000 accounts in our GL and that is not enough. I have not read through the PDF on Analytical Accounting yet. Could somebody briefly explain what Analytical Accounting does. Nutshell version: you can create codes (and groupings of codes), and assign them to account numbers. For example, you could have one account that tracks all Grant Money receive...

Outlook 2003

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Money 2005 Startup processing
Can anyone tell me what Money 2005 is doing the first minute or two after loading. It's sucking up lots of cpu cycles and is very unresponsive. I thought it was downloading stock updates etc. but my portfolio appears to have the latest information while all this processing is going on. Money 2003 did not seem to do this. Is there any setting that I can change to discourage this user unfriendly behavior? ...

OWA problems #6
Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, their mailbox opens, but in the reading pane the only message is "loading..." Also no other functions of OWA interface seems to work (new, contacts...) as well as log off button. However if I try to access OWA from inside the company everything is fine. Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:33:14 -0700, "Ducukm0" <Ducukm0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, >their mailbox opens, but in t...

How to realize communication problem?
Hello everybody. I am working on a project in which I read/write data via rs-232 from/to my Windows application to/from an microcontroller. Now, my boss wants me to write a library which he can use for different microcontrollers. This library should store any changes of data. So the desired microcontroller should just be able to pick up the data. You can think of it this way: Me, representing the Windows application, put a sheet of information into a drawer. A buddy of mine, (representing a microcontroller) can go to the drawer an pick up the sheet for further treatment. So, my quest...

How to download into investment account?
Trying to download from the Charles Schwab & Co into my investment account. Just recently converted from Quicken to Money 2004 and then i am having issues with downloading from Charles Schwab. When i download from the FI i get transactions dating back to August which is there in the register already. Now when i make that void i cannot delete this and this is not going from the 'Review transactions' list after i download. Now tried to setup online services with a new file and when downloading have new issuew. The date range is for the past month but the cash account is gr...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

Money 2002 Can't seem to download sucessfully
I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is downloading, but doesn't import into the Money program. What happened? I created a Passport to work online, but that is the only thing that has changed on my end. Can someone please help me!!?!?!?!??! >-----Original Message----- >I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking >info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it >worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is >dow...

Synching with MSN Money
What's going on with synchronizing with MSN Money over the last couple of days. I can't be the only one experiencing the unexpected error has occurred problem. I use 2004. Anyone else out there seeing it? Don't feel bad. I have the same problem trying to synchronize. I don't like the idea of synchronizing and never have in the past. But the upgrade to the new portfolio manager on MSN overwrote a very old file and my portfolio is way out of date. I recently built a new system and loaded Money 2004 clean. Restored and converted a 2003 file, then tried to set up synchronizati...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

Investment Account Download
My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether or not I open her file in Money 2006, when I download HER Statement it automatically goes to MY Account. I've tried everything I know...Downloading with her account open in Money, closed in money, and no matter what I do Money automatically thinks it's my Account. Any help available? Thanks -- Jerry In microsoft.public.money, Jerry <jyeagley3@comcast.net(donotspam)> wrote: >My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether >or not I open her file in Money 2006, wh...

Format for Flashcards for MS Word & PPS 2003
Can anyone help me in sending me a Flashcard template so as to learn Chinese Characters, Pinyin, English. Compatible with MS Word 2003 & Power Point 2003. Any Tips or Ticks or general Knowledge in this area to improve learning through Flash Cards is more than Welcome. ...

MDI childframe problems
To create a maximized mdi child frame I tried this: BOOL CChildFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { if( !CMDIChildWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs) ) return FALSE; if (IsWindow(m_hWnd)) { ShowWindow(SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED); } return TRUE; } The window is opened maximized but the minimize/maximize/close buttons are missing. When I open a 2nd document and click on windows | tile the behaviour turns back to normal. Can someone tell what's wrong here? cs.style |= WS_MAXIMIZE didn't work either. It's opened in normal size. TIA, Hans Do this in ActivateFrame: void CChildFrame...

Problems getting to server?
I have a customer who is saying that if he tries to get to a email server I am running, he can't get to it on the 1st attempt using Outlook Express. He has to browse to a web page that I am hosting, view that page. Then open OE, and his email will work fine. Has anyone heard of this, and have any solutions? Thanks, Steve Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Internet...