Account register sorting problem

Hi.  I searched this group via Google Groups and did not find an answer to
my question.  In Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business, I set my checking
account register to "Sort by date" and "Sort Decreasing".  That part works;
however, the bottom (oldest) transaction is automatically selected.  I hit
Ctrl+Home to select the top transaction.  That is fine as long as my Money
session is ongoing.  When I exit Money and return to the very same register,
Money takes me to the bottom transaction again.

It annoys me to have to Ctrl-Home in every account register each time I
launch Money!  I have used this type of sorting in Outlook for years, and it
does the logical selection of the newest (top) item.  Can I make Money do
it?

Thanks,
Lee

0
nospam9607 (138)
8/12/2004 5:13:54 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I guess I'm not surprised you didn't find this in google groups, but thanks
for looking.

No.

"Lee C." <noSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.  I searched this group via Google Groups and did not find an answer to
> my question.  In Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business, I set my checking
> account register to "Sort by date" and "Sort Decreasing".  That part
works;
> however, the bottom (oldest) transaction is automatically selected.  I hit
> Ctrl+Home to select the top transaction.  That is fine as long as my Money
> session is ongoing.  When I exit Money and return to the very same
register,
> Money takes me to the bottom transaction again.
>
> It annoys me to have to Ctrl-Home in every account register each time I
> launch Money!  I have used this type of sorting in Outlook for years, and
it
> does the logical selection of the newest (top) item.  Can I make Money do
> it?

Thanks, Dick.  I am equally amazed at the thing that MS Money can, and
cannot do!  I am also a software developer by trade, so, of course, I wish
Money had a VBA component so I could fix the things that MS has not/will
not.  I know I got a lot of software for the price; but, I want more.

, Lee

message news:u89P1qGgEHA.632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I guess I'm not surprised you didn't find this in google groups, but
thanks
> for looking.
>
> No.
>
> "Lee C." <noSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.  I searched this group via Google Groups and did not find an answer
> > my question.  In Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business, I set my checking
> > account register to "Sort by date" and "Sort Decreasing".  That part
> works;
> > however, the bottom (oldest) transaction is automatically selected.  I
hit
> > Ctrl+Home to select the top transaction.  That is fine as long as my
Money
> > session is ongoing.  When I exit Money and return to the very same
> register,
> > Money takes me to the bottom transaction again.
> >
> > It annoys me to have to Ctrl-Home in every account register each time I
> > launch Money!  I have used this type of sorting in Outlook for years,
and
> it
> > does the logical selection of the newest (top) item.  Can I make Money
do
> > it?

0
nospam9607 (138)

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

Sort tabs numerically
I need help with VBA code to sort tab names with numbers in order, but leave the ones with words as they are. Tab names with numbers should precede the tabs with words. I have searched and can only find codes to sort alphanumerically. Thanks for your help. Example of what order I would like my tabs in: 123890 456678 789123 Project1 Project2 Project3 Total Findings http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812386 -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JStiehl" <JStiehl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Help! Auto formatting problems
I've created a file in Excel. My database is in Access. Whenever I change data in my worksheet, in Excel, it changes the column width of my A column. Do I need to deselect something? Why does this automatically change? Please help! I'm not sure how Access fits into this, but I've seen xl "help" with numeric entries--it'll expand the columnwidth to make sure you can see the digits. If you don't like this, one way to tell excel to stop it is to manually adjust the columnwidth. Excel won't "help" again until you autofit that column width. If...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

sort #5
I am trying to sort two columns at the same time. I understand the basic sorting technique but am having trouble when it comes to sorting the second column. I have an x coordinate column and a y coordinate column. I want to have the spreadsheet display the records in order of x,y coordinate from upper left to lower right. That would mean sorting the x values ascending then the y values descending. I had hoped that the result of the sort would be sequential x values followed by the next further down y values continuing the increas, left-to-right of the x values. But this is not happeni...

Problems with ADC synchronization #3
Our environment is NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5. Currently migrating to AD 2003 and Exchange 2003. We are using a ADC connector between the AD controller and the Exchange 5.5 server. The ADC is able to replicate some information, but not all and in some cases does not replicate a disabled mail enabled user. Even after deleting and letting replication take place does not happen for some users. We cannot attach a mailbox to those users. Those users existing 5.5 mailboxes will return an NDR from certain mailboxes trying to deliver mail. All parameters on the ADC have been checked and double che...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

Infuriating AutoCorrect problem -any ideas?
I can't seem to get Excel to accept the lower case text: "e.g." or "i.e." instead it insists on capitalizing the first letter to "E.g." and "I.e" It can be corrected in spellcheck but how can I avoid that hassle every time? Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks Rod Uncheck the Tools/Autocorrect/Capitalize first letter of sentences checkbox. In article <6f36d449.0406282127.13428b51@posting.google.com>, cpspam@yahoo.com (Rod) wrote: > I can't seem to get Excel to accept the lower case text: "e.g." or > "i.e." ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Problem with FindNext in Recordset object
Hi, The following code doesn't work. FindNext doesn't move at all and stays at the first record found. While Loop seems entering into a never ending loop. If I use .MoveFirst and .MoveNext in stead of .FindFirst and .FindNext, it works and can move through the whole recordset. Anything wrong with my code? Thank you. Dim dbObject As Database Dim rstObject As Recordset Dim strSQL As String Dim strChartNo As String Set dbObject = CurrentDb strSQL = "SELECT tblPatient.ChartNo, tblAdmission.* _ FROM tblPatient _ INNER JOIN...

Non Sheet Specific Sort Macro
I had a sort macro set-up in Excel 2003 that worked on whatever sheet you were on, but now have Excel 2007 and I cannot get a sort that is not specific to the sheet that the macro was made on. Does anyone know how to get the macro to be non sheet specific? Thanks. Maybe you could just change your code to point to the activesheet. If I had headers in row 1 and data in rows 2:xxx and I could use column A to determine the last row that should be included in the sort, then I could use: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim ActCell As Range Dim L...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...

Public Variable problem
I have the line below in a module: Public NoSave As Boolean In my Auto_Open routine I have: Sub Auto_Open() ' Events.Enable_Events If ActiveWorkbook.ReadOnly = True Then NoSave = True Protection.ProtectAllSheets Else NoSave = False Protection.UnProtectAllSheets End If Module7.StartPoint Module6.StartTimer End Sub Then I in ThisWorkbook ihave the following" Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If NoSave = True Then ThisWorkbook.Close False...

Money 2005
I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005. I then turned off MSN Bill Pay and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web. After synchronization, my MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list. I want to link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge Duplicate Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge. The help file tells you to follow these exact steps. Does anybody know a work-around to get this working? Thanks in advance, Brian Don't follow the directions given. Instead, try the following: Open your 2004 f...

Problems with Worksheet_Change
I've got the following code in a sheet in my workbook: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim lngRowNum As Long If Target.Column = 6 Then If Target.Value = "Closed" Then lngRowNum = Target.Row Target.Range("B" & lngRowNum & ":I" & lngRowNum).Interior.Color = vbYellow End If End If End Sub What it's supposed to do is, if you change the value held in column 6--'F'--on any row to 'Closed', it should colour the row from column 'B' to column 'I' in ...

New Account for CD
I bought a CD and don't know how to set it up in Money (using Money Plus H&B). When I tried setting it up as a bank savings account there was a note that said I should set it up as an investment account. When I set up the investment account it does not ask me any questions about the CD or even if it is a CD. What am I missing. It seems like it should be a savings account. Please help me? A Savings Account can be used. If you only ever intend to have one CD at a time, that's probably easier. But if you want to manage multiple individual CDs over time, then the Investmen...