Account List Displays Incorrect Balance

2 of my accounts display the wrong balance in the Account
List View, in the registers for these accounts, it shows
the correct balance, also in cashflow, however on the
Account List Page it does not.  (It is not showing the
current or ending balance, and its not even close).  For
a credit card that should have about $2000 in debt shows
as a positive $20,000 and a checking account that should
be over $10000 it shows as -$13,000....

I thought it might have to do with future posted
transacations so I waited until today as now all the
transactions in one of the accounts are not current...

thoughts?
0
anonymous (74717)
4/30/2004 5:03:39 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote:

>2 of my accounts display the wrong balance in the Account
>List View, in the registers for these accounts, it shows
>the correct balance, also in cashflow, however on the
>Account List Page it does not.  (It is not showing the
>current or ending balance, and its not even close).  For
>a credit card that should have about $2000 in debt shows
>as a positive $20,000 and a checking account that should
>be over $10000 it shows as -$13,000....
>
>I thought it might have to do with future posted
>transacations so I waited until today as now all the
>transactions in one of the accounts are not current...
>
>thoughts?

Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering
"msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
4/30/2004 1:33:14 PM
What does that command do?

thanks

0
anonymous (74717)
4/30/2004 7:34:09 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote:

>What does that command do?

Does a safe repair of the database.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
4/30/2004 7:40:35 PM
Thanks but that didn't work... any other ideas?

By the way is that any different than using the Standard
File Repair off the File Menu in Money 2004?

0
anonymous (74717)
4/30/2004 7:58:24 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote:

>Thanks but that didn't work... any other ideas?

Does the balance shown in the register change when you change the
View of the register-- unreconciled, all, etc?

If so see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838713&Product=mny
method 3.

>By the way is that any different than using the Standard
>File Repair off the File Menu in Money 2004?

Yes.

-s is like the Quick repair.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
4/30/2004 8:08:09 PM
Thanks so much, this worked, although there is one
transaction that it won't let me re-import says it has
too many lines... but the difference on this one is
only .01 so I can clean that up, what causes this to
happen?  How can I prevent this...

thanks again...

us;838713&Product=mny
>method 3.
>

>>By the way is that any different than using the
Standard
>>File Repair off the File Menu in Money 2004?
>
>Yes.
>
>-s is like the Quick repair.

0
anonymous (74717)
5/3/2004 1:42:49 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote:

>Thanks so much, this worked, although there is one
>transaction that it won't let me re-import says it has
>too many lines... but the difference on this one is
>only .01 so I can clean that up, what causes this to
>happen?

A bug.

> How can I prevent this...

I don't know.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

Exchange Mail config and list of users
Hi all.. I hope you can help me in this.. I need to extract a report from my exchange server listing: MS Exchange Mail configuration including Permission /acccess list of all Exchnage users with their names and email address?? Please how can I do that?? maybe usinf a script? thank you and best regards ...

Adding Live Communications Contacts address List
I'm not sure if this is the correct Newsgroup for this question, but if you could redirect me, I will post there We have an Exchange 2003 server running in a 2000 Active Directory network. We just installed LiveCommunications Server on a seperate 2003 member server. I created all the SIP accounts, then added each user to my contact list, I then saved my contact list and imported the list to each user. Is there a way I can have the users pull view all Messenger users without importing contacts. Can I add an address book to Exchange I know a user can add a contact through messenger, bu...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Data Validation Dependant Lists
Hi there, Is it possible to 'source' data validation/dependant lists from seperate worksheet within the same workbook. I know it is possibl when using only data validation lists, but when I try to sourc dependant lists using '=INDIRECT(Sheet2!A2) for example, Excel say this is not allowed?? Kind regards And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you give that range a name, you can use it in the Data|validation dialog. Debra Dalgleish explains it at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html#Name "andyp161 <" wrote: > > Hi there, > ...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Master Category List in Outlook
Is it possible to set permission in outlook so that users can not add or delete from MAster Category List. Which permission would enable me to get the above? Is it possible to avoid replicating the Master Category list to all public folder users. Thanks ...

Displaying a modal dialog while loading a document
Hi, I'm working on an application that displays data from a database. It is implemented with doc/view architecture and each document represents one record in the database. Each view gets the database record number from the document and fetches the data directly from the database on its OnInitialUpdate. I'm using this code to open new documents: //pDocument is a pointer to my CDocTemplate //CMyDocument is my CDocument derived class //recordNumber is my record number (ULONG) pDocument=(CMyDocument*)pDocTemplate->CreateNewDocument(); pDocument->Initialize(recordNumber); pFra...

Contact list assistance.
I am having a problem. I am trying to print out an individual address card in Outlook. When I print the end results I get a second sheet which lists the individual fields available. I only want the address card to print. How can I get this to happen? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you very much. -- darylakagod ...

How to have the "faded" alert display showing new OL in Inbox
New to OL 2003 (DON'T USE OL EXPRESS); having at work, I notice a "faded" notice showing new emails in inbox. Accidentally, somehow, in the options (I think) I "found" this "link" or "choice" and somehow I did successfully "check it", as OCCASIONALLY, not always, suddenly at bottom right screen, I have a little faded square with a message notice underlined, wtih an "X" and an "arrow" (I think), allowing you to click and go into the message, ... what one may call or is called a "notification of a message that ...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

How do I enlarge font in a drop-down list in EXCEL?
How can I enlarge the font in a EXCEL "drop-down" list? hi, in design mode, right click the dropdown then click properties. find and click font on the left. on the right click the small gray box. reset fonts sizes here. >-----Original Message----- >How can I enlarge the font in a EXCEL "drop-down" list? >. > If these are data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Stan wrote: > How can I enlarge the font in a EXCEL "drop-down&quo...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

No HTML displayed in Outlook Express
I am receiving an HTML file but it is displayed with no HTML rendering, just basisc data. Is there a setting I can change to allow the display of HTML please? Refards This technical community supports Microsoft Outlook which is part of Microsoft Office. Outlook Express is part of Internet Explorer. The names sound similar but the applications are fairly different. You should ask in an Outlook Express technical community: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx (you didn't state what version of Outlook Express you were using, you'll have to choose it fr...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Global Address List Update
Hi everybody. I'm adding a new mailbox on Exchange 2003, mailbox is created, but the user's name doesn't appear on the Global Address List. I already have some users and this is the first time this occurs. Somebody can help me? Tk. The name will appear on the following day, as the default for Exchnage 2003 is to rebuild the GAL at 5am daily. "Lilis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0af001c4a56f$ff5af340$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everybody. I'm adding a new mailbox on Exchange 2003, > mailbox is created, but the us...

Excel 2007 display wrong "document in use by ... "message
When person A creates an Excel file and saves it, Person B opens it and C tries to open it concurrently to person B, C receives the wrong message "<doc-name> is locked for editing by person A". This should be person B. People lose time finding the real editor on the document! ...

Global Address List Members in Excel Spreadsheet
Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! Indirectly check out http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm for a method "Wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c4201c3daa3$e8b36060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global > address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! ...

moving a selected item up and down in a list control
hi there, i am a beginner in VC i tried to move a selected item in a list control upwards using this code, but is not working what code be wrong void CTestingDlg::OnUp() { int index = m_cListCtrl.GetNextItem(-1, LVIS_SELECTED); m_cListCtrl.InsertItem(index -1, m_cListCtrl.GetItemText(index, index)); m_cListCtrl.DeleteItem(index +1); // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here } Hi, Just delete the redundant item at the top,all the other rows will automatically shift up. Thanks ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...